Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dodge cars usually fall apart in 3-5 years.
View Quote
My Dodge seems to be holding up well after 9 years and me using all 600HP regularly. You'd be surprised how long a car lasts when you do BASIC maintenance.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I looked at 1986 Trans AMs that had just been dropped off at a dealership.  All of them had trim pieces falling off and the one I drove ran very rough.  Salesman told me it was normal for their service department to have to "fine tune" vehicles fresh from the factory.  I lost interest in these cars very quickly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1989 Trans Am's also had some of the worst quality control in a new car that I have seen.

I worked at a Pontiac dealer back then and we received two of them, one had the hood stuck closed because of the paint on the underside of the hood and when they finally got it open big chunks of paint were stuck to all the rubber bumpers.

It had to be like that when it left the company that final assembly was outsourced to.

The other one ran like crap, spent tons of time in the service dept even after it was sold.
I looked at 1986 Trans AMs that had just been dropped off at a dealership.  All of them had trim pieces falling off and the one I drove ran very rough.  Salesman told me it was normal for their service department to have to "fine tune" vehicles fresh from the factory.  I lost interest in these cars very quickly.
My best friend at the time purchased a 1980 or 81 Trans Am turbo back in 1984 with about 10K miles on it.  That car never ran right, I think he went through 2 turbos on it before something finally broke in the engine.  He replaced it with a 400 small block, THEN it actually ran right.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's $10.34 more than my mortgage every month.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd think he could buy it cheaper than that .................

With $0 down, the lease on a new $63K 2017 Hellcat is $677/mo for 36 mo ................
That's $10.34 more than my mortgage every month.

Yeah, but how fast is your house?????  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The 1967 Shelby Mustangs utilized Mercury Cougar tail lights, while the 1968 models used lights from the ’66 Thunderbird.
View Quote
As well as the '69-'70 Shelby's.

All '70 Shelby's were left over '69's that didn't sell.  Black strips were added to the hood.

The "ultra rare" (well, at one time it was) ashtray in the '69-'70 Shelby console was out of an earlier model Corvette.

The guy that started NPD Mustang parts got his start selling arm rests for Mustangs with a built in ashtray.  And here's where it gets fun.  His son that now runs the business today had no idea it was a rear arm rest out of a '65 Fairlane.  I had to tell him this one day on a forum were members of.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I didn't know they leased used cars now that's crazy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a driver for a large dealership in town.  I had to drive to Raleigh to get a guy to sign his lease agreement on a Dodge Hellcat.  It was a 2016 used with 30k on it.  His lease payment was $978 a month.
I didn't know they leased used cars now that's crazy
Yep, I can't remember the exact value on the paperwork for the car but it was north of $80k.  I never saw it but it must have been something special..!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My best friend at the time purchased a 1980 or 81 Trans Am turbo back in 1984 with about 10K miles on it.  That car never ran right, I think he went through 2 turbos on it before something finally broke in the engine.  He replaced it with a 400 small block, THEN it actually ran right.  
View Quote
Those were complete pieces of shit. Right up there with the caddy V8-6-4.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is true, I've had way more interest in my Hellcat from men than women. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lambo driver went home and slayed loads of pussy. Old Honda civic driver just sucked dick
Lol, cars attract men.
Generally true. Russian chicks seem to love my M4, though. There were a couple taking a bunch of pictures with it at last Cars and Coffee. One was smokin' hot (by my dirty old man standards anyhow) and the other was about 13 months pregnant. I'm not sure which one the stroller with toddler belonged to. But by God, they dug the car!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Awd is great for launching. Much easier to put the power to the ground.
View Quote
And they come with all-season tires.  Guy I know with one just ditched the factory tires after a few k. He said the tires would just spin 1-2-3.  Hellcats might be more suited to roll racing, skip the traction issues of launch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Has this guy been back to claim this is the truth, he swears?
View Quote
His brother was a farmer. Built it in the farm shop, raced once, now is too busy farming.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also, new engine only retains 9% of previous hemi parts ...... 91% redesigned .................
View Quote
Are you talking about the Hellcat or the Demon?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not sure the hellcats will be classics.  The demons might if they keep the production down. 
View Quote
The Demon is/will be overshadowing it, but Year one Hellcats have some good potential on account of the significance. In 30 years, Barrett-Jackson be talking about the shot across the industry bow, the 707hp factory warranted monster car that was surpassed by the Demon but it was the trailblazer, etc etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hellcat ............ don't know about the Demon

Link ...................
View Quote
That's a 3 year old article.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A friend of mine had one of the first LS1 Z-28s in Houston. I bought one about a year later. It was a trip to pull up next to bolt on modded 5.0 and 4.6 Mustangs, or modded LT1 cars, and them have no idea what just happened. It was a completely new animal.
The first race I caught in mine, the dude had a 4.6 he'd spent a lot of time on. I missed a shift and still crushed him. He was so pissed he was yelling and throwing things. That was my first time on the "bought" side of the built vs bought argument. Felt good. Felt real good. I added some shit later.
IIRC, the vette got the LS a year or so before the F body?
View Quote
1997 was the first year for the LS1. In a Corvette. Had one. Then a 2001 Z06 with the LS6. Legit 12 second car.

Now I have a base Stingray. Already been 11.6 in it. Weather has sucked this season so I haven't had a good chance to make a hero run, but it's probably an 11 flat car with drag radials (which I have now) and good air.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

1997 was the first year for the LS1. In a Corvette. Had one. Then a 2001 Z06 with the LS6. Legit 12 second car.

Now I have a base Stingray. Already been 11.6 in it. Weather has sucked this season so I haven't had a good chance to make a hero run, but it's probably an 11 flat car with drag radials (which I have now) and good air.
View Quote
All cars have gotten stupid fast.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm just waiting for Army75th to come back and tell us more about the few magic bolt ons that can make a Civic beat everything else on the road.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Actually Moline, Illinois.  Just a couple miles away.  Right across the river.
View Quote
Was going to say it sounded like Ave of the cities
Those cops over there were pricks and I had to drive that route for work dropping off coworkers and would go from on end to the other and cops would hassle us.
We were way over hs age at the time too

Dated a girl that lived off the Ave and it was a pain in the ass going to see her
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Things have such a long way. Great days to be a car guy.
View Quote
Fuckin A duffle bag! 
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All cars have gotten stupid fast.
View Quote
It's crazy. Before this Stingray, I had a 2014 Silverado (GenV L83, 5.3L FlexFuel). With drag radials, headers and a tune I went a best 13.90 with a crappy 1.98 60'. That's as good as most of the hot muscle cars back in the day. In a truck that weighs almost 5,000 lbs.

Good times.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's crazy. Before this Stingray, I had a 2014 Silverado (GenV L83, 5.3L FlexFuel). With drag radials, headers and a tune I went a best 13.90 with a crappy 1.98 60'. That's as good as most of the hot muscle cars back in the day. In a truck that weighs almost 5,000 lbs.

Good times.
View Quote
And it just kills me when I'm behind them on a merge ramp and they can't even hit 65 in half a mile.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The only part off the shelf at GM on the C5 Corvette was the door handle. It was from an Olds Aurora.
View Quote
That's the kind of useless information I like telling people at dealerships. 
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
All that power and cant out do a honda with a few thousand dollars of add ons. My brother purchased a old honda civic for $500. Swapped the motor with a accura motor and a few add ons. total price when done, $6000 and he has been beating lambos, hell cats and an str10. all that money and a hell cat cant beat a civic at 1/4 the cost.
View Quote
There is an old saying.  You can make a piece of %$#@ fast, but then all you have is a fast piece of %$#@.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Not a Hellcat but I kind of want one of these:
Attachment Attached File

It's a Mercedes R63 AMG and they only made them for one year and only about 100 in the US.

A 507 HP minivan!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Plane I use to fly burned 60 gal per min on takeoff per engine.  Zero to 250 knots
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not a Hellcat but I kind of want one of these:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/IMG_1548-292270.JPG

It's a Mercedes R63 AMG and they only made them for one year and only about 100 in the US.

A 507 HP minivan!
View Quote
Meh
Soccer mom stuff man
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Meh
Soccer mom stuff man
View Quote
Yes, but fucking fast soccer mom stuff! 0-60 in 4.6 with 5 friends

I have a deposit down for the first Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio my dealer gets in. A little quicker at what's supposed to be 3.9 but only 5 passenger and less cargo space.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have a deposit down for the first Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio my dealer gets in. A little quicker at what's supposed to be 3.9 but only 5 passenger and less cargo space.
View Quote
Looking forward to seeing the pics
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:18:35 AM EDT
[#29]
During qualifying for the 1988 Winston 500 at Talladega, Bill Elliott put his '88 T-Bird on the pole with a 212.809-mph run. But during that race Bobby Allison's Buick nearly went into the stands during a spectacular crash and NASCAR started fitting cars on their fastest tracks with power-limiting carburetor restrictor plates. So Elliott's 212.809 qualification run from way back then remains the quickest run ever by a NASCAR stock car. It may always be that way.

The new for 1989 Thunderbird had a drag coefficient of 0.31, and had gone through roughly 700 hours of wind tunnel testing to achieve said number.

The MN-12 Thunderbird reportedly shared one part with BMW... the sunroof motor.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure I will actually end up buying it when it does arrive but I at least have first right of refusal on a stock car if I want it or the ability to order the first one they can spec.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All that power and cant out do a honda with a few thousand dollars of add ons. My brother purchased a old honda civic for $500. Swapped the motor with a accura motor and a few add ons. total price when done, $6000 and he has been beating lambos, hell cats and an str10. all that money and a hell cat cant beat a civic at 1/4 the cost.
View Quote
No, he didn't, Brah.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah, but how fast is your house?????  
View Quote
You can sleep in a car...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally agree, I don't remember the car ever running on all 8 cylinders until he replaced the motor and turbo with a slightly built 400 small block with carburetor.  I mean, at the time it looked cool as hell (1984), but holy shit it was a dog.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only part off the shelf at GM on the C5 Corvette was the door handle. It was from an Olds Aurora.
You have to wonder how it came about.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hope he doesn't have to overnight parts from Japan.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Um, no.   They haven't been racing him.  They have been driving slowly as he beats on his car flying past them for a "win".  See it all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um, no.   They haven't been racing him.  They have been driving slowly as he beats on his car flying past them for a "win".  See it all the time.
I used to have that happen in the early 00s all the time with my Trans Am WS6. The good old ricer flyby. I wonder how many "races" I "lost" to them without knowing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fuel lines are half-inch .........

Wide open, it burns 1.5 gallons of fuel per minute on it's way to 199MPH ........

"Normal" driving gets you 20MPG.

Anybody know any similar stats on other factory muscle/sports cars?
View Quote

I don't know about the fuel per minute, or fuel lines, but my LS1 Corvette got 29MPG on the highway, and around 22 overall.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#39]
That's pretty good mileage. My car only gets a whopping 19 on the highway and 4 in town. Granted I am lucky to get 150 miles from a full tank.

She's thirsty and runs hard.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Totally agree, I don't remember the car ever running on all 8 cylinders until he replaced the motor and turbo with a slightly built 400 small block with carburetor.  I mean, at the time it looked cool as hell (1984), but holy shit it was a dog.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just from what I read in magazines over the years, it seemed like turbos were still fairly exotic tech and didn't play well with carb'd engines. Apparently they didn't run right from the factory and were replaced with conventional V8s under warranty.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Say what you want about Dodge but the Hellcat Charger I rode in was totally insane. My buddy driving, his '69 Dart with a 408 stroker doesn't feel as fast anymore. It's an 11 second car.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I rented this dodge R/T from National last Friday out of the Minneapolis St. Paul airport.

So much fun! When you floor it and the gears change it makes the most satisfying ripping noise from the exhaust.

I can only imagine what the Demon does.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:36:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Say what you want about Dodge but the Hellcat Charger I rode in was totally insane. My buddy driving, his '69 Dart with a 408 stroker doesn't feel as fast anymore. It's an 11 second car.
View Quote
Auto Hellcat with only drag radials is a high-10 sec car, so it's easy to understand.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#44]
The SRT Hellcat's power to weight ratio is 6.19 pounds per HP.   For a 67 MKIII 427 Shelby Cobra it was 4.85.  The Cobra still beats it in the 1/4 mile and 0-60, the Hellcat has a much higher top speed.

An SRT Demon will beat the Cobra in either and at top speed, and it'll do a wheelie doing it.

All three will absolutely murder your buddie's Honda Civic.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:45:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Reminds me of this post thats been going around a decade about TFD's some of this is old and probably more impressive now since they run faster now and iirc in excess of 10k hp...

* One Top Fuel dragster 500 cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first 4 rows at the Daytona 500.

* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1.25 gallons of nitro methane per second; a fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.

* A stock Dodge Hemi V8 engine cannot produce enough power to merely drive the dragster’s supercharger.

* With 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

* At the stoichiometric 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture for nitro methane the flame front temperature measures 7050 degrees F.

* Nitro methane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

* Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

* Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

* If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in the affected cylinders and then explodes with sufficient force to blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or split the block in half.

* Dragsters reach over 300 MPH before you have completed reading this sentence.

* In order to exceed 300 MPH in 4.5 seconds, dragsters must accelerate an average of over 4 G’s. In order to reach 200 MPH well before half-track, the launch acceleration approaches 8 G’s.

* Top Fuel engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light!

* Including the burnout, the engine must only survive 900 revolutions under load.

* The redline is actually quite high at 9500 RPM.

* THE BOTTOM LINE: Assuming all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, & for once, NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs an estimated $1,000 per second.

The current Top Fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.441 seconds for the quarter-mile (10/05/03, Tony Schumacher). The top speed record is 333.00 MPH (533 km/h) as measured over the last 66' of the run (09/28/03, Doug Kalitta).

Putting this all into perspective:

Lets say the you are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter twin-turbo powered Corvette Z06.

Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged & ready to launch down a quarter-mile strip as you pass by it. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the ‘Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line & pass the dragster at an honest 200 MPH. Just as you pass the Top Fuel Dragster the ‘tree’ goes green for both of you.

The dragster launches & starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums & within 3 seconds the dragster catches & passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter-mile away from where you just passed him. Think about it – from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 MPH & not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race!

Here is a video of a fuel pump operation for one cylinder of 8 on a Top Fuel Dragster

Top Fuel Dragster Fuel Pump Demo single cylinder
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You can be ticketed here for "demonstration of power".  Vague enough that there is a law for how quick you are.  It was originally intended for squeeling tires when the light turned green.  Brought to you by the same city that made it a crime for "unnecessary repetitive driving" because high school kids "cruised the avenue".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember, the speed limit is the speed limit, but there's no law against how fast you reach it!

I have yet to be pulled over in mine, but that's probably because I spend more time watching for cops in the RVM than I do the road in front of me.
You can be ticketed here for "demonstration of power".  Vague enough that there is a law for how quick you are.  It was originally intended for squeeling tires when the light turned green.  Brought to you by the same city that made it a crime for "unnecessary repetitive driving" because high school kids "cruised the avenue".
"Excessive acceleration" in a Mercedes C300 4 Matic in dry conditions  ask me how know
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lambo driver went home and slayed loads of pussy. Old Honda civic driver just sucked dick
Lol, cars attract men.
This is true, When I had my SRT8 Challenger I would drive past a group of men and women and do a little roll on with almost straight exhaust and all the ladies were still looking at their phones while the guys looked and drooled.

If I wanted to pick up a guy I would have bought a miata. However my fiancee would get all sorts of crazy at the sound of it. Driving and even in the passenger seat. She knows real cars vs rice rockets, and I do own a rice rocket.... A series 5 RX7 Turbo. She knows good from bad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The Demon is/will be overshadowing it, but Year one Hellcats have some good potential on account of the significance. In 30 years, Barrett-Jackson be talking about the shot across the industry bow, the 707hp factory warranted monster car that was surpassed by the Demon but it was the trailblazer, etc etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure the hellcats will be classics.  The demons might if they keep the production down. 
Guess it will boil down to production #s and how many are left.  The reason the older cars from the 60s are priced high is that there weren't alot made of the high hp version to begin with and they weren't garage kept.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Reminds me of this post thats been going around a decade about TFD's some of this is old and probably more impressive now since they run faster now and iirc in excess of 10k hp...

* One Top Fuel dragster 500 cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first 4 rows at the Daytona 500.

* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1.25 gallons of nitro methane per second; a fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.

* A stock Dodge Hemi V8 engine cannot produce enough power to merely drive the dragster’s supercharger.

* With 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

* At the stoichiometric 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture for nitro methane the flame front temperature measures 7050 degrees F.

* Nitro methane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

* Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

* Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

* If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in the affected cylinders and then explodes with sufficient force to blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or split the block in half.

* Dragsters reach over 300 MPH before you have completed reading this sentence.

* In order to exceed 300 MPH in 4.5 seconds, dragsters must accelerate an average of over 4 G’s. In order to reach 200 MPH well before half-track, the launch acceleration approaches 8 G’s.

* Top Fuel engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light!

* Including the burnout, the engine must only survive 900 revolutions under load.

* The redline is actually quite high at 9500 RPM.

* THE BOTTOM LINE: Assuming all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, & for once, NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs an estimated $1,000 per second.

The current Top Fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.441 seconds for the quarter-mile (10/05/03, Tony Schumacher). The top speed record is 333.00 MPH (533 km/h) as measured over the last 66' of the run (09/28/03, Doug Kalitta).

Putting this all into perspective:

Lets say the you are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter twin-turbo powered Corvette Z06.

Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged & ready to launch down a quarter-mile strip as you pass by it. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the ‘Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line & pass the dragster at an honest 200 MPH. Just as you pass the Top Fuel Dragster the ‘tree’ goes green for both of you.

The dragster launches & starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums & within 3 seconds the dragster catches & passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter-mile away from where you just passed him. Think about it – from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 MPH & not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race!

Here is a video of a fuel pump operation for one cylinder of 8 on a Top Fuel Dragster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTbQuhhluY
View Quote

Excellent post however there is a Honda out there that could do better than the Vette in your example
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Was expecting a discussion on this
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top