Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
No, because Magpul stuff is quality gear that works.

Unlike tapco which is shitty gear that sometimes works.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my UBR and I don't shoot with anything but PMAGs.

If I didn't like the look of rails I would have their mid length hand guard on my rifle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anytime someone says they "run" something in reference to a rifle, I somehow dont hear anything they say after that!

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I used Magpul because thats what was included in the MOE build kit I bought from PSA on sale. And the sight because it was too cheap to pass up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Whenever I see tapco fucked or magpul fucked in a thread I always imagine a bunch of petty middle school girls criticizing each others clothing.  Magpul produces quality parts at a good price point, and people use it because it works.  Too many people think that because something does meet their aesthetic standards it sucks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
People who don't like magpul (or other popular brands, simply because they're popular) are like gun hipsters.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone who wants to know the what is behind our products can just look here for answers.

Magpul Foundations

We build stuff that we want to use. Sometimes this changes the entire industry like the PMag. Sometimes it is a small market that only fits a micro mission like the K-Grip built for PDW AR15 applications. If you like the stuff then use it and be happy. If not, be happy about the fact you have a choice of high quality vendors out there.

We are kind of simple like that.

Keep making good shit and please come out with the Massoud soon so I can give you money for one and piss off the ignorant people in this thread some more.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anytime someone says they "run" something in reference to a rifle, I somehow dont hear anything they say after that!

Why? Sounds a bit closed-minded to me.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Magco

Polo

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I am addicted to the UBR.  Cheek weld never changes - stock still fully adjustable.  

I can't stop putting them on my AR's.

Now if they would only produce that Monolith Fs2000 forend.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll just leave stickman's picture that's just like my Rifle and say I must be a MagPul gear whore. Hater's are going to hate.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll just leave stickman's picture that's just like my Rifle and say I must be a MagPul gear whore. Hater's are going to hate.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P2184-A-1028-Stick.jpg

I have the strangest boner right now.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not that I really care about what others do to their rifles and I will say that I use some of Magpul's products. But are more people just bolting on Magpul products just to look cool these days before even testing the functionality of the existing products on their AR's?

Why would you even care what someone bolts or adds on the their rifle ???? Whats next ? telling someone "No one puts ketchup on a hotdog"

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To say they "run" something implies that they use said product and are knowledgable about their firearm.
In my experience, most AR15 owners neither "use" their rifle or are knowledgeable of it.
Just the cold hard facts man.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I like the CTR and the magazines.

The rest, particulary the handguard/rail setup... nah.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To say they "run" something implies that they use said product and are knowledgable about their firearm.
In my experience, most AR15 owners neither "use" their rifle or are knowledgeable of it.

Many of the best instructors and military professionals I know use the word, "run". Get fucking used to it.

In my experience, judging someone based on the words they use or the gear they use is incredibly foolish.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of the best instructors and military professionals I know use the word, "run". Get fucking used to it.

In my experience, judging someone based on the words they use or the gear they use is incredibly foolish.

You need to get used to the fact that saying "run" in relationship to a firearms accessory is just another aspect of this fruity lifestyle and culture that has sprung up around a utilitarian chunk of aluminum and plastic!
The instructors that use the word "run' are the ones who have helped create this goofy culture of basement dwelling, right wing commandos. All this shit is unbelievable. Its a gun for Christs sake!
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to get used to the fact that saying "run" in relationship to a firearms accessory is just another aspect of this fruity lifestyle and culture that has sprung up around a utilitarian chunk of aluminum and plastic!

Nope.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:30:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Well said!
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:30:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't know about some of their stuff, but the pmag is a good product.

Absolutely this.  PMags are the only MagPul product I own so YMMV.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Well said!

Thank you.

ETA: We were using terms that offend your delicate psyche before magpul made DVD's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So using the term "run" implies that they know what they're doing.... so when they use that term, you decide not to listen to them? Somehow that doesn't really make sense to me.

Regardless, a dictionary definition of "run" is "to operate". IMHO it's a perfectly acceptable usage of the term, and less clunky to say. But, if you don't want to hear what I run on my gun, feel free to ignore me as well

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So using the term "run" implies that they know what they're doing.... so when they use that term, you decide not to listen to them? Somehow that doesn't really make sense to me.

Regardless, a dictionary definition of "run" is "to operate". IMHO it's a perfectly acceptable usage of the term, and less clunky to say. But, if you don't want to hear what I run on my gun, feel free to ignore me as well

Hopefully AR77 ignored you and me. We can't possibly know what we're talking about. Saying things like 'run'. He should listen to airsofters, as long as they don't say 'run' in reference to the gear they use.

"In my experience, most AR15 owners neither "use" their rifle or are knowledgeable of it.
Just the cold hard facts man."

You wouldn't know hard facts if they hit you in the face during a 3 gun match.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I wonder if he would get upset that I say I run an Intel I7 processor in my computer at home.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:06:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Their stocks look cool, some have function and storage but mostly cosmetic IMO.

Pmags are awesome.

Grips are good, I like the fatter grip compared to an A2. Plus storage.

MBUS is cheap and durable but this will be argued a million times over.

VFG not sure, never tried one. Some people swear by it though.

RVG matches thickness of their other grips which is good IMO, plus two bolts.

Handguards seem durable and functional, but I think they are ugly as hell. Not too bad looking on the ACR though.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully AR77 ignored you and me. We can't possibly know what we're talking about. Saying things like 'run'. He should listen to airsofters, as long as they don't say 'run' in reference to the gear they use.

"In my experience, most AR15 owners neither "use" their rifle or are knowledgeable of it.

The airsofters operate tools on their platform. But they don't "run"...
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wonder if he would get upset that I say I run an Intel I7 processor in my computer at home.

AR77 is probably too teary eyed to post after reading that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Run and Weapon System Platform always make me chuckle. How hard is it to say shoot your fuckin gun? I accept its the cool thing to say right now and the more contrived way you have to explain how to shoot your ar15 the more high speed you sound. I think it sounds pretentious and ridiculous though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Magpul jumped the shark about 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Run and Weapon System Platform always make me chuckle. How hard is it to say shoot your fuckin gun? I accept its the cool thing to say right now and the more contrived way you have to explain how to shoot your ar15 the more high speed you sound. I think it sounds pretentious and ridiculous though.

You'd be wrong. The terms have been around for a really long time.. Not the 'cool thing to say now'..

ETA: I have taken a class over seas from delta. They used 'weapon system'. I guess you guys shouldn't listen to them because of that. The words and terms used are so much more important than actual experience, subject matter, quality of instruction... Nope. All that matters is if you use what the idiots on the internet deem cool at the time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah, today's "I'm cool because I don't like what's popular" thread.

No shit.  Its been interesting to watch the wave of Magpul's popularity over the years.  

I've been extremely happy with my products that I've bought for them (except the MS2, and they were nice enough to replace it free of charge with an MS3).  

If gun manufacturers want to offer affordable rifles with upgraded furniture, why in the world would that be a bad thing?

Because it cool to show how hardcore you are by grumbling about other people's useless accessories.   Appears this is nothing but a troll thread that accomplished it's purpose.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not that I really care about what others do to their rifles and I will say that I use some of Magpul's products. But are more people just bolting on Magpul products just to look cool these days before even testing the functionality of the existing products on their AR's?

How does one test said functionality?  By bolting it on and using it perhaps?

ETA There is a whole lot of butt hurt and snobbery in this thread.  One of the major benefits of the AR platform is the multitude of customizations available.  Otherwise it would just be an AK with a smaller cartridge.  We aren't all tier 1 operators (still with me AR77?) that use it every day to fend of hordes of zombies, jihadists, and pointy elbowed supermodels.  We still have just as much right to spend our money to put on aftermarket accessories if we think it makes our rifle better.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
tapco is cheap shit

Magpul makes decent quality stuff for a reasonable price.

Why do people ride bandwagons in general? I have a theory, but no patience to type it.

I think its mental conditioning by the hero worship culture we live in (I live around it)... but I'm not going into it here either.  

Neded mags: bought PMAGS and like them.

Needed a stock with adjustable comb/cheekweld: Bought a PRS stock and like it.

If there is anything else they make I might need I'd certainly consider it.

Nice stuff is nice.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
Bolting stuff you don't need to your rifle because it looks cool is silly, no matter if it's a cheap Tapco pistol grip or a $20,000 thermal sight that you'll never use

FLIR and Night vision are never stupid.  Ever.

Never.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#36]
EDIT: Stupid tablet.

Quoted:
Quoted:

How does one test said functionality?  By bolting it on and using it perhaps?

Precisely. I had never used a Magpul product when I built an AR for the first time. I decided to try an MOE build kit from PSA and loved the MOE stock... plus, based on recommendations here I tried Pmags and liked them as well. When you have consecutive good experiences with a certain company, you tend to become a faithful customer... that's why I now have 4 MOE stocks, a bunch of Pmags, ASAPs, etc. There are definitely parts from Magpul that I have zero interest in, but most of their stuff simply works and works well, all at a reasonable price. Some parts I prefer from other manufacturers, nothing wrong with that. I'll admit that a couple of my rifles do look like Magpul ads though... oops.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I love the P-MAGs

Their grips are better than the factory style , but I like the RRA - Hogue better and the Ergo types the best....especially the fat Ergo , it's perfect for my meathook.

The MAGPUL stocks are better for me than the regular collapsible style , but I prefer the VLTOR E-Mods over all of them, except for the MAGPUL PRS , had a couple of those on my bench-varmint rifles and love them. The E-Mod is on my 308 and my primary carbine....the MOE is on my varmint rifle until I feel like spending the extra $$$ on a PRS.

I run the AFGs on a couple rifles and want one for my pistol .....they are very comfortable to me .

Ive never run their BUIS or anything else of theirs , so I cant say how they are . I like the UTG rail covers as they are thick and beefy , and couldnt care less where they are made ....they work . I cant think of anything else that Ive run of TAPCO.
I just dont care how the cool-kids view my choices , I run what I like and can afford .....period,fucking-dot.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:33:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gimmicky shit marketed in parallel with gimmicky training videos.

I did use a section of magpul rail to mount the light on my bolt gun

sellout  
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#39]
My favorite Magpul products:

MIAD grip
CTR stock
MS3 sling
Pmags
UBR stock

The rest of it is alright, but well above Tapco in quality.  Magpul makes its way onto so many ARs for the same reason that so many people own Glocks.  Hate them all you want, but they are functional and don't break.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#40]
i use/run/operate an AFG on 2 of my rifles/sticks/weapon systems.

i wish i could be cool like the guys that dont.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#41]
My AR came with some Magpul stuff on it.  Liked it so I left it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey guys watch me shit all over an innovative company that has long been a site sponsor and supporter and makes a quality product for a reasonable price because I wanna be different and a special little snow flake and look all hard in front of the rest of the boys! GOD I COULD JUST HAVE SEX WITH MYSELF RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD!

IS ANYBODY ELSE LOOKING AT ME?!
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

specific items from them bother you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No!!--I tested it out,
Then I went and got what I wanted to put on my weapon.

And BTW--I run my weapon. Use to run it around the bases I was stationed at and run it in many foriegn places too.
Now, thank god, and the wonderful folks I served with, now I run it around my place.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No!!--I tested it out,

Then I went and got what I wanted to put on my weapon.

And BTW--I run my weapon. Use to run it around the bases I was stationed at and run it in many foriegn places too.

Now, thank god, and the wonderful folks I served with, now I run it around my place.

Yep, I've Run with a M16A1, I've also walked with it, marched with it, low crawled with it, high crawled with it, duck walked it and many other things. I also know how to Run it, too.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bolting stuff you don't need to your rifle because it looks cool is silly, no matter if it's a cheap Tapco pistol grip or a $20,000 thermal sight that you'll never use.

The difference between Magpul and Tapco is that Magpul actually makes good products.

And boom goes the +1
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR77 is probably too teary eyed to post after reading that.

I'm not agreeing with him, but I see his point.

When I read "run" in conjunction with a product (any product) I assume that to me the person actually uses it.

Running is an action. If you "run" a certain product on your weapon, I assume that means you have either used it in training, combat, or competition, and enough that you know whether or not you like it and feel like it is a quality piece of equipment or not.

Consequently, I ignore people who show up with pictures of safe queens and talk about all the shit they "run" on their rifles.

My work rifle has some extra stuff on it but is mostly stock, it's beat the fuck up, dirty (on the outside) and looks like hell becuase I run the shit out of it.

My M4 at home is for now, a safe queen, because I never have time too shoot. I'm always at work. therefore I couldn't honestly say I "run" anything on it.

I do however, very much like the UBR stock and PMAGs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#50]
I Magpul'd my .22LR Marlin 60 with a AFG hahaha  

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top