Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It figures, I finally caved in a few weeks ago.  I also bought an Aimpoint, do they suck now too?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Not that I really care about what others do to their rifles and I will say that I use some of Magpul's products. But are more people just bolting on Magpul products just to look cool these days before even testing the functionality of the existing products on their AR's?

Now you've done it, you're on the list.  Costa's brother says

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I buy and use what I like. Magpul is very well represented, actually just bought a stock set from Brownells for a new build; so are other makers. I like my CAA MGrips on some guns even though CAA is a bad word here. I think my only Tapco parts are trigger groups in a couple AK's. Use what you like/fits/works, not exactly rocket science. Keep up the good work Magpul.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was assembling a rifle, I could have bought the cheapest, or the most expensive, instead I selected good value with Magpul, It looks kick ass, is expected to function reliably, and it all matches.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO, no.

I use a lot of Magpul stuff. It started out years ago with the MIAD, which made my rifle feel "more right" than any grip I'd tried before. Gradually, I tried PMAGs, MBUS, CTR, MOE handguards, the AFG and the MS2 sling. I didn't buy any of these items because they "looked cool", although they certainly do. I bought them because I had a need for them at one time or another.

Since I have always been pleased with the Magpul equipment I tried, I continued to buy it when the time came to build or modify other rifles.

I guess since all of my ARs now have Magpul hardware on them to one extent or another, you could probably say I'm a Magpul fanboy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

specific items from them bother you?

Nothing. Magpul's products have been with me during some interesting moments. Although some products don't suit me, I find that everything is of good quality.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anytime someone says they "run" something in reference to a rifle, I somehow dont hear anything they say after that!

Why? Sounds a bit closed-minded to me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

To say they "run" something implies that they use said product and are knowledgable about their firearm.
In my experience, most AR15 owners neither "use" their rifle or are knowledgeable of it.
Just the cold hard facts man.

So using the term "run" implies that they know what they're doing.... so when they use that term, you decide not to listen to them? Somehow that doesn't really make sense to me.

Regardless, a dictionary definition of "run" is "to operate". IMHO it's a perfectly acceptable usage of the term, and less clunky to say. But, if you don't want to hear what I run on my gun, feel free to ignore me as well

Hopefully AR77 ignored you and me. We can't possibly know what we're talking about. Saying things like 'run'. He should listen to airsofters, as long as they don't say 'run' in reference to the gear they use.

"In my experience, most AR15 owners neither "use" their rifle or are knowledgeable of it.
Just the cold hard facts man."

You wouldn't know hard facts if they hit you in the face during a 3 gun match.

Run and Weapon System Platform always make me chuckle. How hard is it to say shoot your fuckin gun? I accept its the cool thing to say right now and the more contrived way you have to explain how to shoot your ar15 the more high speed you sound. I think it sounds pretentious and ridiculous though.

You explained it better than me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I Magpul'd my .22LR Marlin 60 with a AFG hahaha  

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8057/8214741889_9446a9493c_c.jpg

Son of a ...............................
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Now that you mention it, yes
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I was an RO at the SOF 3-gun match in Raton in 2000. (99 maybe?)

Magpul donated a bunch of their original Magpuls and I ended up with about 10 or 12 of them in 5.56 & .308 size.
Until I actually tried one I was kinda meh about my RO swag. Once I put them on my mags and pulled one out of a pouch, I was hooked. I also loved the cushion effect the pull gave the mags.

All of them are still going strong 12 years later, not one rip or crack in them. As they've released more products I've never been disappointed in anything they make.
Their whole product line is reasonably priced, well-designed, innovative, nice looking and functional. I've probably got 5 or 6 of their stocks, a whole bunch of MIADs, snap together rail panels, a couple of ASAPs, 3 BAD levers, tons of Pmags, etc.

Nothing they make is junk, everything is tough as hell, and none of it is priced sky high. As long as they keep their current attitude & quality up I'll be a loyal customer.

I honestly don't understand what there is to hate about them. Anyone can afford their stuff, so it can't be OWS tard style envy. All of it works well & looks great so it can't be snobbery.

Magpul hate completely baffles me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anytime someone says they "run" something in reference to a rifle, I somehow dont hear anything they say after that!

To say they "run" something implies that they use said product and are knowledgable about their firearm.
In my experience, most AR15 owners neither "use" their rifle or are knowledgeable of it.

So what exactly are your qualifications that make you so knowledgable on AR's?
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Unlike Tapco, their shit works day in and day out.

THIS.  However 99.5% of the AR owners on this site and out in the world just play Barbie dressup with their rifles anyway.  

ETA: Only Magpul gear I own is a MIAD grip that came on a lower I bought 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS.  However 99.5% of the AR owners on this site and out in the world just play Barbie dressup with their rifles anyway.  

ETA: Only Magpul gear I own is a MIAD grip that came on a lower I bought 4 years ago.

Not me. Like yourself,  I'm slaying bodies 18 hours a day with my ARs. The other 6 hours I spend having sex with supermodels. Sleep is for fags.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not me. Like yourself,  I'm slaying bodies 18 hours a day with my ARs. The other 6 hours I spend having sex with supermodels. Sleep is for fags.

Yo yo watch yourself vault boy. That kind of chatter will get you locked inside a vault! Don't disrespect us bro we slay paper figures while others are just collecting$$$$$$

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what exactly are your qualifications that make you so knowledgeable on AR's?
IDK, maybe a Commando in the ARFCOM Army.  

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top