Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
True Detective season 1 is the best TV in the history of TV
View Quote
Yuck.

All the eeriness, mysticism and deep dark darkness dribbled away to the King in Yellow being an inbred hillbilly who killed once every 20 years.

Then Rust pussed and got religion.

Dreck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Ozark is a fantastic show, but no, it's not on the same level with Breaking Bad.

Something that really set Breaking Bad apart from, well, everything, was the cinematography.  The perspectives, the B-camera, the tones, and so forth.  And, amazingly enough, it was all shot on film, if I recall.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I loved Breaking Bad.

Ozark I got to episode 8 then got bored. Started it up again and am enjoying it this time.

For now Breaking Bad is my favorite of the two.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm still hoping Wendy gets fed into a wood chipper before the series ends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, both main characters wives need or needed to die though.

Wendy is my favorite character.  She's like a drug addict but for influence and power. Total opposite of Marty.

Skylar was weak and annoying.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I didn't give a shit about any character in Breaking Bad. I mostly hated them all. I don't think I made it to the end of season two before I gave up on the show.

Ozark has a lot more likeable characters.
View Quote

That's interesting. I indicated in my first post that I don't find the parents likeable at all.

Truly the worst kind of people. They made enough money to live a contented life for joe schmoe, they just wanted more and more.

Walter White was the opposite, a guy who settled for less than he was capable of, until he ran into something that was going to leave him dead
and his family penniless. Everyone in BB is much more like the average person you run into, people that I like
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:45:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes
View Quote
Ozark is absolutely, unquestionably better than Breaking Bad. Another series I've recently watched is Yellowstone and Ozark absolutely puts it to shame. It makes me sad to know the end is nigh, but also glad they won't string it out longer than it deserves.

The only series I would put up with Ozark is the Sopranos. Everything else pales.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#8]
It might be, if you live in Branson.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:35:25 AM EDT
[#9]
rather watch dust collect
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Really enjoying Ozarks but I still believe Breaking Bad was a level above.   I wish they'd hurry up with the final season of bcs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:59:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree for several reasons.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#12]

All I learned from these shows is never do business with the cartels, and your wife will eventually become and annoying shrew
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
The main story line aside, BB had some great secondary characters to keep the show interesting and entertaining...

Saul Goodman
Mike Ehrmantraut
Gus Fring
Tuco Salamanca
Hector Salamanca
The Cousins
Skinny Pete and Badger
Gale Boetticher
Todd
Kuby
Huell
Old Joe

Ozark has zero... none
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Take every female out of Breaking Bad and it's almost worth watching.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Even at its weakest I never lost interest in Breaking  Bad.
I stopped caring about Ozarks after the second season.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OP, slap yourself for even asking.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I love both shows.

I recently re watched BB. I really had forgotten how dark that show was.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#19]
No. Not better. Good but not better
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Still working on Breaking Bad and haven’t seen the newest episodes of Ozark, but I like Ozark a little better. Both wife characters drive me bonkers for the dumb shit they do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Not better.  Still awesome.
I'm about to dig into season 4.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’m with this guy. Show wasn’t that great.
View Quote

I won't associate with leftist soibois.

I'm considering adding both of you to my ignore list.

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Has the hillbilly chick gotten naked yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Has the hillbilly chick gotten naked yet?

Quoted:
Not yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ozark is a fantastic show, but no, it's not on the same level with Breaking Bad.

Something that really set Breaking Bad apart from, well, everything, was the cinematography.  The perspectives, the B-camera, the tones, and so forth.  And, amazingly enough, it was all shot on film, if I recall.
View Quote

You're right.

If you haven't seen it on the Blu-ray release, you should.  I was amazed at how much better it was than the streaming version.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No. I cared about Walt and Jesse. I want everyone on Ozark to die except for the curly haired blond redneck gal.

It's like an entire cast of Skylars.
View Quote

As an Ozark watcher, you may get your wish.

Breaking Bad is hard to to top, but both Breaking Bad and Ozark are full of gratuitous killing, caused by the main characters, and they just keep getting themselves in deeper and deeper.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I enjoyed Ozark more. I guess that’s what counts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I really like it but not better than Breaking Bad!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

I watched BB and found it to be the best story portrayed on any screen for the last 75 years.  

I started watching Ozark, never made it through the first 4 episodes.  

They aren't even close.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ditched Netflix but enjoyed Ozark... especially Ruth (language warning):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYDaWesCNE
View Quote

Even though I can't say the show is great, that character sure is.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Overall I enjoy the idea of Ozark, but the terrible overacting by Wendy just about makes the whole thing unwatchable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I watched the first seasons of both Breaking Bad and Ozark, and never went back.
Honestly, neither one of them put the hook in me and I couldn’t force myself to keep watching.
I’m not that into TV. I’m not watching for hours and hours, waiting for a show to "get good."
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ozark is absolutely, unquestionably better than Breaking Bad. Another series I've recently watched is Yellowstone and Ozark absolutely puts it to shame. It makes me sad to know the end is nigh, but also glad they won't string it out longer than it deserves.

The only series I would put up with Ozark is the Sopranos. Everything else pales.
View Quote
Ozark "pails" compared to Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#33]
It's in the ballpark, but isn't better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

HaHa.   We do too.    We just binge watched the latest season last week.   I don't know how Windy has survived this far and why Darlene didnt get her with that 12 gauge on the new season.

Ruth is a great!  "quit parking in the cripple spot, you aint got no disability, just poor judgment".
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No. I cared about Walt and Jesse. I want everyone on Ozark to die except for the curly haired blond redneck gal.
View Quote

I want her to die too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#36]
close
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's interesting. I indicated in my first post that I don't find the parents likeable at all.

Truly the worst kind of people. They made enough money to live a contented life for joe schmoe, they just wanted more and more.

Walter White was the opposite, a guy who settled for less than he was capable of, until he ran into something that was going to leave him dead
and his family penniless. Everyone in BB is much more like the average person you run into, people that I like
View Quote

Ozark has a lot of characters that you kind of want to root for. Ruth, Wyatt, Rachel, Mason, Jim, Buddy, Ben, Sam, Three... They're all decent (or at least decent-ish) people whose lives got kinda fucked up when the Byrdes came to town. Some of the bad guys even have redeeming qualities. Jacob, Sheriff Nix, Helen, and Frank Jr. all manage to not be complete shitbags all the time. Agent Miller and the private eye seem to be good cops who are actually trying to make the world a better place.

Marty Byrde is stuck. He was happy quietly laundering money and driving a twenty year old Toyota, until Del caught his business partner stealing. Everything after that has been Marty either 1) doing what he needs to do to stay safe or 2) reacting to what his crazy cunt of a wife has done.

Jesse was the only semi-likeable character in Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote
SPNI
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#39]
No: Breaking Bad > Ozark

I've watched a little bit of Ozark, and it bugs me that a little bit of violence would solve a lot of Marty's problems.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's hard to make an argument against that.  I would put season 3 of The Wire there with it, and the final season of breaking bad.

As far as the OP is concerned, no, Ozarks is nowhere close to the ballpark of BB.  The acting, the storyline, the realism, all fall far short.  It is entertaining, but isn't even close.

The Wire, Sopranos,  Breaking Bad, Deadwood, even Game of Thrones despite shitting the bed the last two seasons,  all are far superior.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Breaking Bad is in the top 3 best shows of all time for me.

Ozark is in the top 10.

Both are incredibly entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I watched BB and found it to be the best story portrayed on any screen for the last 75 years.  

They aren't even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

They aren't even close.

Ozark had a slow kind of dreary start but it got much better out the gate and is one of the top shows made. It took me a couple times to get into it before it sank its claws into me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Overall I enjoy the idea of Ozark, but the terrible overacting by Wendy just about makes the whole thing unwatchable.
View Quote

Women like that exist you know..
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Walt was mastermind chemist and had the dangerous power hungry manipulative ego.

In Ozark, the show split those qualities on two people to give it a different dynamic. Marty is the mastermind money launderer and Wendy has the dangerous power hungry manipulative ego. Apparently it takes both qualities to become masterful in criminal enterprise. The cartel recognizes that it needs both Marty’s and Wendy’s “skills”.

Ruth and Jonah (Marty’s son) have similar qualities like Jesse. They dip their hands in crime but are mostly wanting to do the right thing. All 3 are empathetic.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in my world they don't

They can go do that over the top, emotional, almost-crying loud talking all the time somewhere else.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#49]
I was not able to really get in to either of them shows. My wife liked Ozarks oh out of them two.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#50]
No, couldn’t even finish the first season of ozarks
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top