User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Ozark? Really?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Which is the worse wife - Skyler or Wendy?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, couldn’t even finish the first season of ozarks
View Quote

Yep - talked poor people out of a bag of cash.

"That's just groceries and gas..."

AND ALL THE METH. GTFOH.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least Wendy puts out, doggystyle
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The conflict between Wendy and her brother in season 3 was the most emotionally fucked up conflict that I have ever seen in cinematic history.

I can't think of many times that I have sat there in silence starring off at nothing, after a scene concluded.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't get me wrong, I think Ozark is a good show, but something about it gives me REAL anxiety when I watch...very hard to explain...but, that is not what I was a tv show for.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Breaking Bad was outstanding. I like Ozarks, but it isn't even close to BB level good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#9]
The acting and storyline in Breaking Bad was amazing. Movies are so much better in general nowadays that we have come to expect it.

Watch any movie from the 50's or 60's if you want a good laugh.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

No, Ozark is not better than Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Breaking Bad is the best series I've seen. I would put Justified at #2. I've seen 2 seasons of Ozark and it's further down the list. Yellowstone and what I've seen of 1883 (only 5 episodes) are much better than Ozark.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I've watched Breaking Bad three times. Granted the last time I skipped every scene with Skyler.

After 2 maybe 3 seasons of Ozark, I decided I disliked every character and didn't care what happened to them.

So no Ozark is not as good as Breaking Bad. Not even close.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not even close.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#15]
No its not.
The formula is getting old too...the whole doing bad things to do an ultimate good.
Never works out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No its not.
The formula is getting old too...the whole doing bad things to do an ultimate good.
Never works out.
View Quote

Isn't that the "formula" of every successful/wealthy person in this country?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought Breaking Bad did not live up to its hype.  The "Fly in the Lab" episode was just downright stupid.  I watched all of it just to say I had, but was a waste of my time.
View Quote

When that episode was over, my wife turned to me and said "WTF did we just watch?"
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I think it is a great show, but I think Breaking Bad was significantly better.

-Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

HaHa.   We do too.    We just binge watched the latest season last week.   I don't know how Windy has survived this far and why Darlene didnt get her with that 12 gauge on the new season.

Ruth is a great!  "quit parking in the cripple spot, you aint got no disability, just poor judgment".
View Quote
I think Marty is going to sell Wendy out before the show is over.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HaHa.   We do too.    We just binge watched the latest season last week.   I don't know how Windy has survived this far and why Darlene didnt get her with that 12 gauge on the new season.

Ruth is a great!  "quit parking in the cripple spot, you aint got no disability, just poor judgment".

No way.

Marty is the money/finance genius. Wendy is the social/people genius.

If anything, I see it going the other way. Wendy will sell out Marty. She has a history with that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think it is a great show, but I think Breaking Bad was significantly better.

-Mike
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No way.

If anything, I see it going the other way. Wendy will sell out Marty. She has a history with that.
View Quote
Nope. It will reach a point where he has to protect his kids from her madness. And, she had an affair.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nope. It will reach a point where he has to protect his kids from her madness. And, she had an affair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.

I could see him suspecting it and laying a plan to let her hang herself when she tries to sell him out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I could see him suspecting it and laying a plan to let her hang herself when she tries to sell him out.
View Quote
True.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Walter white's transformation happened over several seasons. Ozark guy went from good to bad in the first episode.

Ozark is boring and predictable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I think Breaking Bad is much better. That being said... it's hard to find any really likeable main characters in either of the shows. They all range from not nice to total dirt bags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Nope
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#29]
All three are great, but it's:

Better Call Saul
Ozark
Breaking Bad

In that order.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I thought Breaking Bad did not live up to its hype.  The "Fly in the Lab" episode was just downright stupid.  I watched all of it just to say I had, but was a waste of my time.
View Quote

I agree with you!!!!

Funny.... how out of all the episodes... this one sure does stick in your head. I was waiting on something good to happen that never did... I still don't understand why that episode was filmed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Not even close, but Ozark is still really good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I didn't give a shit about any character in Breaking Bad. I mostly hated them all. I don't think I made it to the end of season two before I gave up on the show.

Ozark has a lot more likeable characters.
View Quote
What? Who in the hell is likeable in Ozarks?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What? Who in the hell is likeable in Ozarks?
View Quote

RIP Sue
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The conflict between Wendy and her brother in season 3 was the most emotionally fucked up conflict that I have ever seen in cinematic history.

I can't think of many times that I have sat there in silence starring off at nothing, after a scene concluded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh then you’re going to love season 4. It gets way more fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#35]
BB is better but those who are going with Ozark... my guess is they are doing so because of how annoying they made Walt's wife and the long phase of making the sidekick dude a giant puss as well.  I'd have liked the show a lot better if they could have stuck with just one character being annoying rather than two.  I get it's a drama and you need conflict, there's just ways to go about that without making a character flat out annoying to watch.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't watch breaking bad. It reminds me too much of home.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was a good nod to Steinbeck's Of Mice And Men, better than the one on Yellowstone recently with Jamie and his father.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
its good, but not even close
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Yellowstone>everything else
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude no…Yellowstone doesn’t even make top 5
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cowboy mafia drama.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

True Detective S1
The Wire
The Shield
Sopranos
Better Call Saul
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#44]
First, BB was better than Ozark.

Second, I tried to watch Better Call Saul a couple of times and the first few episodes are so damn boring I've never been able to finish the first season.

At what point does it get interesting?

Third, If you haven't seen it, Sneaky Pete is pretty good although it only ran 3 seasons. Bryan Cranston (Walter from BB) is in it also.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Cowboy mafia drama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cowboy mafia drama.

i like yellowstone but its storyline was a stretch and they were running on fumes the last season.

breaking bad is better than ozark. ozark has some over-the-top stuff. old woman growing opium poppies and running a heroin production operation for years without the feds ever finding out?

and the part where they murder the brother? i kept thinking.. there is an alternative, buddy up with the feds, go witness protection instead of having your mentally anguished brother murdered. just didnt pass the smell test.

interesting tidbit, some of the show is filmed around lake altoona. which is just up the road from where i live and when i was a kid, father had a boat that and we used to spend the weekend up there.. and in highschool we had some big parties in the woods in some of the places on that lake and seeing that some stuff on ozark is cool.

another aside.. at the end  of the movie 'the accountant', the guy drives across a bridge pulling a n airstream trailer and i said man, that looks just like redtop mountain which is a park on altoona and turns out it was filmed there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After binge watching the first 7 episodes of season 4, I told my kid sister that season 4 makes the first 3 look like episodes of Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
First, BB was better than Ozark.

Second, I tried to watch Better Call Saul a couple of times and the first few episodes are so damn boring I've never been able to finish the first season.

At what point does it get interesting?

Third, If you haven't seen it, Sneaky Pete is pretty good although it only ran 3 seasons. Bryan Cranston (Walter from BB) is in it also.
View Quote

The most recent of Saul season is on par with BB and the season before that it starts getting good.

It definitely doesn't start out fast but it's definitely close now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
All three are great, but it's:

Better Call Saul
Ozark
Breaking Bad

In that order.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I like Ozark better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Not even close. Jason Bateman is a knock off Paul Rudd that someone fed barbiturates to.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top