Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No it is not.  I watched every last episode of Breaking Bad, and gave up halfway through season 2 of Ozark as it was getting dull.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
In my humble opinion there was only one show that topped Breaking Bad & it topped everything: GOT (Game of Thrones). Nothing & I mean nothing w/ ever come close to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
ozark is ok but ripped off one of BB's storylines.
walt had to get his blue liquid from a major chemical firm through back channels.
ozark is kind of doing the same thing selling opium to a pharma lab
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my humble opinion there was only one show that topped Breaking Bad & it topped everything: GOT (Game of Thrones). Nothing & I mean nothing w/ ever come close to it.
View Quote

GOT's forfeited their right to be considered the best show ever, with season 8!
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:
fpni.

Quoted:
Not even close.

evidence that some people on GD have good taste in entertainment.

without going into spoilers i do hope ozark evolves to have a bit more of a plot than lauder the money and continually get out of some stupid and totally avoidable situation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Better Call Saul > Breaking Bad > Ozark

all are good
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Both are pretty solid. I like the story of BB better, but also hate more of BB characters. Ozark is still good though. Decent story, decent twists. The money laundering capabilities is ok at best in both of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo… we don’t speak of the show that was… the show that could have been.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Jason Bateman is great in the show.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'd be right, except the last few seasons of GoT exist.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I stopped watching after the part where they got the Downs Syndrome kid to straw purchase a gun from the stereotypical "Would you like a high capacity mag with that?" gun shop guru.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I love Ozark...it is far from better than breaking bad!
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Enjoyed the hell out of 1-6, 7 was bad enough to skip 8 alltogether.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No it is not.  I watched every last episode of Breaking Bad, and gave up halfway through season 2 of Ozark as it was getting dull.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
In Breaking Bad, all those horrible/stupid/fucked up situations they found themselves in was just in their nature as characters,

In Ozark, while it's a good show, there's plenty of situations they find themselves in that can only be explained as "that's how the show was written".
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#16]
If you only watched a part of a season or something on Ozark, you need to keep watching.  The show changes so much it's almost not recognizable from its beginning.  In fact in the latest season, they start to do a few flashbacks, which I think are in there to remind people where the show came from.  The main characters are there but almost everyone else is gone from early on, usually from extreme violence and death.  Much like Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Ozark is good (rewatching the new stuff right now actually)

But breaking bad was a masterpiece
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#18]
After the episode with the male FBI agent sucking a dick I would have to say no.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok what’s the next series to watch after bingeing Season 1-4 in 4 days.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ok what’s the next series to watch after bingeing Season 1-4 in 4 days.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Cobra Kai
The Shield

Use this site to see where they are streaming ----->  JustWatch

Use this site to get (somewhat of) a rating ----->  Rotten Tomatoes
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I was hoping against hope the black female FBI agent was going to be stuffed into a barrel of acid, along with her kid maybe.    Unless, that is not allowed to be said here, then, LOL, just kidding.

Mike made BB and BCS.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Breaking bad was a pretty good show, and it’s going to be hard to top. I have Season 4 on DVD, I liked it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not even close.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Breaking bad is simply BADASS!!  Ozark is a very good show.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After the episode with the male FBI agent sucking a dick I would have to say no.
View Quote

But that's what FBI agents do
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, I think Ozark is a good show, but something about it gives me REAL anxiety when I watch...very hard to explain...but, that is not what I was a tv show for.
View Quote
I thought it was just me, but I feel the same way watching. Not in anticipation but anxiety. But I don't stop. Some kind of drug. Can't wait for season 4 pt 2.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I got to hate Marty's wife as much as I hated Walter's wife.

Yes, I root for Ruth.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I always thought Ozark was Breaking Bad Lite.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought it was just me, but I feel the same way watching. Not in anticipation but anxiety. But I don't stop. Some kind of drug. Can't wait for season 4 pt 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, I think Ozark is a good show, but something about it gives me REAL anxiety when I watch...very hard to explain...but, that is not what I was a tv show for.

That's intentional though right? They might be making money and attempting to build kingmaker power but the threat of a family massacre has been hanging over their head every second of every day.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top