User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not just the sammich

Chikfila pays well and hires courteous people who provide excellent service.

They lose, they all lose.

Long live chikfila
View Quote
This is the correct answer
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That sandwich looks annoyingly crunchy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been to Popeye's two times and both times I had the worst food and service.  Seems like they only hire incompetent black people.
Never had a single issue at Chick fil A.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Popeyes needs better help
View Quote
Here ya go...

MAD tv - Bon Qui Qui at King Burger
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think CFA has the best chicken sandwich out of all the fast-food type places. However, I've always wondered why Popeyes(who I think make the best fried chicken out of all franchise places) never had a real competitor. Well, looks like this might change come tomorrow nationwide. I for one will be trying it out since the CFA and Popeyes here are practically right next to one another.

Cost: $3.99

the sandwich features a buttermilk battered and hand-breaded chicken breast filet, two barrel-cured pickles, and a choice of either classic mayo or spicy Cajun spread on a buttery, toasted brioche bun
View Quote
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JlPNUShs0NQ/XU5QloSYt5I/AAAAAAABG60/eaUGYELq6VsNVUfDnYxLgP85NWkJqGAEQCLcBGAs/s1600/popeyes-chicken-sandwich.jpg

https://www.brandeating.com/2019/08/popeyes-unveils-new-chicken-sandwich.html

Review
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]
IME,

Tier 1: Hate chicken and Raising Canes
Tier 2: Popeyes and Zaxbys
Tier 4: KFC

Only other one near me is a Church's and never been there. I hear its on par with popeyes. Popeyes is only acceptable when the tier 1s aren't available
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I love Popeyes for bone in fried chicken.  But, there is no way they will replace hate chicken in my house.
The cleanest Popeyes I ever saw, was far dirtier than the dirtiest CFA I have ever been in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
CFA is ok, but that looks way better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
CFA opened a store not far away in Rincon Ga some months back & they seem to have fixed all CFAs problems.  plenty of counter staff, dining area, lots & lots of parking and a dual line drive up.  I don`t think I have stood in line more than 3 or 4 minutes, usually less than 1.
don`t tell nobody, I don`t want it to get crowded.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige. One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Popeye's is owned by Burger King.  They aren't going to be eating anything but ass until they get out from under that disaster.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fuck no.

I wouldn’t eat GhettoChicken if a $20 bill was at the bottom of the bucket. Yuck.
View Quote
You're thinking of Churches.  Popeyes is slightly better but not by much.  CFA ftw.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hahahaha.

No.

It ain’t just about the chicken sammich.
View Quote
Every popeye's is staffed by hoodrats in this area. I still love their food.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
lol, no

popeyes is just about the worst fast food place I've ever eat.  From the quality of the food to the service, it's just about universally terrible.
View Quote
This post for the win - popeyes sucks donkey balls.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, if you are the Popeye's PR guy this is a crappy ad push.
Not just no but oh hell no.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#16]
It’s not just the food, it’s the employees.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are they going to hire all CFA’s staff too?

It’s not just the food at CFA.
View Quote
Amen. There’s no Ebonics and shitty attitude tolerated at CFA. That’s nearly all there is at Popeyes.

I was raised on Popeyes from their original location in Metairie and absolutely love it to this day but their service is nothing compared to CFA. I love both’s food.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#18]
The Popeyes down here in Louisiana are horrible.  Went through the drive through a couple of months ago. No tea, no Apple pies, no BBQ sauce, no biscuits. They handed us the food in the drive through and said "you good." The credit  card machine must have been down, too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit. Wow.

Hate chicken is a little overrated, but they are far and away above Popeye's.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Popeye’s is well above average in being courteous.

Raisin’ Cane’s beats both of them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Taco Bell near me is way way worse. Plus have you seen how their meat comes to the store?
View Quote
Meat?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I like Popeye's but no.
View Quote
FPFNI
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Been a CFA fan for years and will continue, stopped at a Popeye's for a quick lunch last week for the first time. Fast and courteous service with a smile, chicken sandwich, fries and tea were very good, I'll go back.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I feel really sad for people who think that Popeye’s is good chicken.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#25]
lololol. No.

Even if they have THE best chicken in the world, No.  period.

What make CFL so awesome isnt how gr8 the chicken is.

It is a combination of
Great chicken
Good employees (not low life scum like PP)
Clean stores/ non greasy feel
Did i mention employees who are friendly, smiling and dont have facial tats?  Yeah...

Doesnt matter how good your chicken is (or should be) with shitbag employees running things.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I eat at CFL two to three times a week.  I eat at Popeyes about four times a year.  Yeah, CFL is not going away anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Chik-Fil-A sucks.  And the servers are smarmy, with a stink of moral superiority.  All of them.  At every location.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Will Popeye’s be sending their employees to “It’s my pleasure” school to learn how to “refresh” soft drinks?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hahahaha.

No.

It ain’t just about the chicken sammich.
View Quote
this..

Chik-Fil-a is clean, and has clean, polite employees who actually seem to give a shit. Only fast food joint ill step foot in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Until Popeyes can get the quality of employees as CFA it will always be second place. Except on Sundays.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
lololol. No.

Even if they have THE best chicken in the world, No.  period.

What make CFL so awesome isnt how gr8 the chicken is.

It is a combination of
Great chicken
Good employees (not low life scum like PP)
Clean stores/ non greasy feel
Did i mention employees who are friendly, smiling and dont have facial tats?  Yeah...

Doesnt matter how good your chicken is (or should be) with shitbag employees running things.
View Quote
This guy and many others in this thread get it.

Surprising number of people that don't seem to get it.

Popeyes may have some great chicken, but considering they have nothing else going for them I'll continue to support Hate Chicken.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
lol, no

popeyes is just about the worst fast food place I've ever eat.  From the quality of the food to the service, it's just about universally terrible.
View Quote
As long as you don't mind the running gun battles in the parking lot. Ghetto goblins gotta GG.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I may try the new sandwich but I rank Popeyes as the worst of the chicken places and they cost more than the other places around here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]
CFA tastes like crap without a ton of sauces.

No thanks.   I wont eat it even if it were free(and that has been a thing in the past that I could have taken advantage of).

Good customer service does not make up for bland chicken and even worse bland potatos.

A better chocken sammich can be had from Carls Jr.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I like Popeyes chicken better than Chic-fil-a, however every Popeyes I ever been to has had shit service
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#39]
If you order from Popeyes, you may not even get to eat your own lunch...Service is slow and shitty.  Them biscuits though...most satisfying choking death (by food) possible?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Folks that talk down Popeyes service haven't been to the Popeyes at the Atlanta airport. Yes, the Atlanta Airport.

I was there about a year ago now and the ladies behind the counter were some hustling employees getting the order right and moving you on down the line for your money and - bam - here is your chicken sir.

I was very impressed.
View Quote
Well since I don't live near the Atlanta airport, I'll just have to judge based on my local Popeyes, and the others that I've been to.  Their food is good.  REALLY good, as long as it's not burned by the cooks.  The service is the most consistently poor I've ever seen out of any fast food (or any other type, for that matter) franchise.  I absolutely WILL NOT use the drive through any more, due to the wrong orders/missing items.  The downside to that is inside takes FOREVER, because they will clear out the entire drive through lane before taking a single inside order.  They can't figure out their own coupons or how to ring anything up except combo meals.  Ask for something without a drink and they have to go get the manager.  I almost want to apply for a job there just out of pity.  But I don't have the right.... skin tone.  Their white employees last a couple months.  Some of their black employees are the same ones as when I moved here 8 years ago.  One of them recognized me in Taco Bell the other day.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Popeyes can be hit or miss service wise.  CFA is consistently good.

The CFA by my house sucks by CFA standards.  The CFA that borders the hood, by my work, is the best one I've ever been to.

Popeyes is really good chicken but a lot of the franchises are poorly run.  One by me is run very well.  You can tell that the owners actually work in the restaurant.

I'll  be checking out this sandwich and report back my findings.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'd agree with most of that.  Chik-Fil-A's food ain't like the second coming or anything, and it is kinda meh overall.  Good, but not phenomenal.

I disagree about the customer service thing though.  Sometimes it's nice to go somewhere and not be treated like a piece of shit, like you're inconveniencing them for buying their food.
View Quote
I don't need to have a smiling face greeting me when I order.

The ONLY reason for going to my CFA is if you want to time it just before the lunch rush so you can see the stay at home MILF's come parading through in their yoga pants with their crotch fruit in tow.

The yuppie experience at CFA is full tilt and very real.

But there is zero reason for me to ever go there again.

30+ years ago it was a fad in our local mall.   I remember eating it as a kid and hating the pickle way back then.

Now, well about 5 years ago, they are back in town with a store front and the 3 times I have eaten there has left me totally underwelmed.    Tried something different each time and wound up having to get a spicy chicken sandwich just to have any hint of flavor.

Bland bordering on awful in the taste dept.

I would rather have questionable and tasty than known quality and totaly bland.

Hate chicken?   More like amish chicken.   It takes pride in being bland.

Give me some fucking chicken that is out on rumspringa any day.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chik-Fil-A sucks.  And the servers are smarmy, with a stink of moral superiority.  All of them.  At every location.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174335/3350F362-1150-48AC-AA96-04601E060D15-464689.gif
I would have expected you to catch the subtle satire of my post, mocking those who say that all Popeye's have crap food and even worse service.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I like me some CFA,
I like me some Popeyes* (on the way home from work),
I like me some Cracker Barrel chicken (on Sundays),
I love me some Gus's Fried Chicken! (I'll make the drive for this stuff.)

*a lot of locations are excluded from this though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Chick fil a sauce
Polynesian sauce

/thread
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Agreed. Popeyes isn’t afraid of spice and flavor.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Popeyes has great recipes, but the parolees working at them manage to fuck everything up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll try it.  There is a Popeyes about 3 mi from my house. The closest Chick-fil-A is about 50.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Popeyes used to be great.  They suck since BK took 'em over, I quit going there.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate brioche
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top