Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Popeyes is build a restaurant right next door to a brand-new ChikFilA in my town. I can't wait, the next-nearest Popeyes is way too far to be worth it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
lol, nope.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Popeye's chicken tastes much better than CFA's, and that sandwich looks better than CFA's too.
View Quote
Do you really think the sandwich you get will look like the one in the photo?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Chick-fil-A makes their chicken too sweet. I don't care about the service. Popeye's all the way.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hahahaha.

No.

It ain’t just about the chicken sammich.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Popeye's chicken tastes much better than CFA's, and that sandwich looks better than CFA's too.
View Quote
Do you really think the sandwich they serve you will look like that ad?

The only place you can find Popeyes around here is in the bad neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The only place you can find Popeyes around here is in the bad neighborhoods.
View Quote
This.

I'll take a "Pass" on Ghetto Chicken and stick with CFA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO, chick-fil-a food is merely “solidly above average” and the pricing “not great, but not terrible.”

The reason people flock to CF is because the restaurant are invariably CLEAN, the lines are FAST, and the staff is COURTEOUS and COMPETENT. This is achieved by not hiring trashy, hood rat, and/or overly vibrant individuals. Sorry, but it’s the truth. Eating there is a pleasure and you’ll get a pretty good sandwich for a decent price.

Yeah, Popeyes has better chicken and the red band & rice with biscuits are fantastic. But have you ever been to a Popeyes? The food tastes great despite its employees. Both near me get the order correct probably 60% of the time. I went to go to the Popeyes near my work earlier this year like I usually do once or twice a month... I had to divert to the Mexican joint across the street (already busted twice by ICE) because there was shooting at the Popeyes 10 minutes earlier and a future-cancer-curing-youth was deader on the sidewalk. Me and my coworker were not particularly surprised. It didn’t even make the news.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
OP should add a poll to see who has tried the new Popeyes sandwich.

The vast majority will sing a different tune after trying it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It’s also about the service. It may be a great chicken sandwich but I don’t see any damn waffle fries and I bet that sandwich comes with a side of surly attitude.
View Quote
You don't like being talked down to by Angry Black WomanTM just because you want some chicken?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hell no it won't.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
closest Popeyes to me(couple towns over) is straight up ghetto trash... I mean straight outta Compton..
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a reason that CFA is the top FF chain by a wide margin.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The vast majority will sign a different tune after trying it.
View Quote
I really doubt that all that many members know ASL.

Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vast majority will sign a different tune after trying it.

Heh. I caught that typo. Muh bad.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Chik-Fil-A sucks.  And the servers are smarmy, with a stink of moral superiority.  All of them.  At every location.
View Quote
You are a goddamn fool.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Chik-Fil-A sucks.  And the servers are smarmy, with a stink of moral superiority.  All of them.  At every location.
View Quote
maybe next time you go out your husband can take you where they'll treat you right..
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#19]
It’s not about the taste of the food.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Only on Sundays.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Bojangles
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#23]
For years, there were only 2 Popeyes in town... A mile part on MLKJr Blvd. I was driving by late one night right before they close and there was a line for the drive-thru a block long...

I've had a few bad meals there, but overall it's pretty good. I'm currently eating there way too often... And they ain't cheap either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hahahaha.

No.

View Quote
The food is good at CFA, but I frequent them only because their success drives the Lefties insane. I indulge in the Hate at least once a week. The great service, cleanliness and perfect sweet tea are added bonuses.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#25]
CFA (Chick-Fil-A) can go to hell.   I decided after a few errand that I needed breakfast.  Poo.  It is Sunday and CFA is closed.  I had to resort to McDonald's since I did not feel like cooking.

Tomorrow CFA opens and I can get breakfast or wait until lunch time.    Depends upon when my schedule allows time to eat.  Either way I win.

Maybe if I time it right I can get breakfast late and then get a chickie sandwich to go when the lunch menu starts.  That is the superior planning of a white nationalist.

I ate at a Popeye's once about 25 years ago.   I never went back.  Have not been to Arby's in about the same amount of time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
GD’s IBS brigades are showing up. It explains the CFA love.

Bland tasteless food served with a smile.
View Quote
The Hatred is flavor enough. Quite warming. Plus they have packs of hot sauce if needed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#27]
CFAs food is overblown IMHO. It the service that keeps em alive
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Even if the actual food is a wash, think of the service you got the last time you went to Chick Fil A, now think of the service you got the last time you went to a Popeyes.

Uh, yeah...
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Remember the rubbery chicken discussion from a couple of days ago?  My first experience with rubbery chicken was at Popeye's, and the chicken strips would even bounce off of the table - we tried it.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

CFA is great, the one nearest me just posted on Facebook that in one hour they served 146 customers at the drive-thru window.

That's one customer placing an order, paying, and getting their food every 24 seconds.......
View Quote
I believe that.  The one they built in the next town over stays so busy that they've rearranged the drive through. Now it wraps completely around the building and they've added covered awnings. Soon as the drive through census loads to half full, the kids come out to take orders before the normal order spot.  I never bypass when I drive by and the drive through is loaded. In and out shortly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#32]
The best non hate chicken chicken, or it used to be. Only available in Hartsville SC now. It's the last chain standing. The Honey chicken, holy smokes that was good, and it's not greasy either.

If nothing has changed, I highly recommend it, if you're around the Hartsville SC area, like heading to Myrtle Beach or anywhere in that area.

I quit eating Popeye's when one got robbed while I was in the drive through back in the 90s. I drove off, didn't even care to get my food. I had to drive through the hood on the way home from work in Charlotte NC that day.

Anyway, if you can try it, try it, and let mew know how it is today.

Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#33]
CFA has nice clean restaurants with nice people, and bland chicken.  It's the Starbucks of chicken, big on image, low on taste.

"This is It" has dubious staff in most locations, and kickass chicken.  Bojangles is a happy medium if you're looking for a really good chicken biscuit.  Which is how you eat chicken in bread in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#34]
We've had that spicy chicken sandwich for awhile now and it is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lol, no

popeyes is just about the worst fast food place I've ever eat.  From the quality of the food to the service, it's just about universally terrible.
View Quote
This, haven't been to one in years. Don't know how they are still in business, at least around here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like Popeye's but no.
View Quote
Have to agree, and it looks to crunchy to be on a sandwich.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Popeyes
View Quote
X100 Popeyes

I've had cfa & pdq...no comparison!
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Tried the local Popeyes once. Food was stale, service was slow, staff obviously hated their jobs. There is a reason they have an average 1.3 stars on Yelp - they suck.

I’ll take CFA any day - food is always fresh and hot. Service is prompt and friendly.

And it is consistent across the locations I have visited
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We've had that spicy chicken sandwich for awhile now and it is awesome.
View Quote
Tried one today.  It's a damn good sammich.  Still won't replace CFA though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hahahaha.

No.

View Quote
This.

It's way more about a nice, clean environment.

If it was only about the food I would go to gourmet restaurants every meal.

It's about fast, clean, convenient, affordable, good food. Popeyes has a long way to go on most of those even if they make their food better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I had one of the spicy sandwiches today and it was on point. I think it’s easily as good as CFA. No customer service issues either, in fact our local Popeye’s is known for dropping an extra tender or two in the basket whenever my son orders them.

Can’t have too many good sandwich options.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Few people want to put up with the attitude.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Let's see the trans fat count on that thing first.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

all our local popeye's are nasty shitholes staffed by junkies and felons
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

all our local popeye's are nasty shitholes staffed by junkies and felons
Quoted:
No.  Have you seen the employees of poopeyes
This right here
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think CFA has the best chicken sandwich out of all the fast-food type places. However, I've always wondered why Popeyes(who I think make the best fried chicken out of all franchise places) never had a real competitor. Well, looks like this might change come tomorrow nationwide. I for one will be trying it out since the CFA and Popeyes here are practically right next to one another.

Cost: $3.99

the sandwich features a buttermilk battered and hand-breaded chicken breast filet, two barrel-cured pickles, and a choice of either classic mayo or spicy Cajun spread on a buttery, toasted brioche bun
View Quote
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JlPNUShs0NQ/XU5QloSYt5I/AAAAAAABG60/eaUGYELq6VsNVUfDnYxLgP85NWkJqGAEQCLcBGAs/s1600/popeyes-chicken-sandwich.jpg

https://www.brandeating.com/2019/08/popeyes-unveils-new-chicken-sandwich.html

Review
View Quote
It might be a good sandwich...but I'm not going to wait 10 minutes to get it...
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Let's see the trans fat count on that thing first.
View Quote
Who cares.   As long as it tastes better and it isnt 90% breading.

As long as you do not eat 10 a week you will be fine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I like Popeye's but no.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The vast majority will sing a different tune after trying it.
View Quote
@AlamTX
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Never.   Around here you can go to CFA at lunch time with the line wrapped around the place and still get through in 5-6 minutes.  Go to any of the local Popeye's at anytime, with no one in the store and it will take more than 10 minutes to get your food.  I get a hankering for some Popeye's chicken tenders and red beans, once in a while, but knowing how long it will take to get it, ways heavily on my decision.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Popeyes is fucking nast
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top