Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Air drop ak47s and they will resemble 1/2 the planet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So as another consensus it seems that you guys are fine with another government they have never met or know of controlling their interactions and essentially the course of their lives by intentionally excluding them from the modern world without representation whatsoever.  

And maybe the natives would have killed everyone that happened upon them in the past 70 years and maybe not. But India never gave them that choice. Instead it allows interaction only from the people it deems fit.

Alright then. I guess I will shelve my invasion plans.
View Quote

How do you know what their arrangement ACTUALLY is?   Why they allow some people YOU claim the Indian government allows to go over, and don't kill them when they get there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I voted to leave em alone.  

They’re probably a happier people than most.
View Quote

Probably not.  There was a group of "uncontacted" people in the Amazon that came out and joined society not too many years ago and were the subject of a documentary.  When interviewed, they were pretty unanimous that they greatly preferred life in civilization and that living in the jungle was a life of hardship and constant fear.  Keep in mind that they weren't now living in a middle class subdivision with a house and two cars.  They were living in a dirty third world village but they had shoes and pants now.  This was preferable to them over the jungle.

I'd imagine it's the same for the Sentinelese but they don't even know it because they have no frame of reference for anything different.  Life may be hard but all they know is hard so they don't think of it as hard they just think of it as normal.  

I still think we should leave them be regardless.  It's not our job to civilize them.  They can build a boat and paddle over to South Andaman.  It's only 23 miles away.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How do you know what their arrangement ACTUALLY is?   Why they allow some people YOU claim the Indian government allows to go over, and don't kill them when they get there.
View Quote

Its not really a claim from me as much as what has been reported and the documentries I have watched about a team of anthropologists from India.

Fellows...I know I am evil here for thinking the tribe should either have full control of interactions or have representation in the government that restricts it. I get that the idea of liberty isn't as popular here as it once was. But you guys do realize I am not saying people should go there nor do I support any endeavor to do so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think the Red Man would have been fine if left alone.  They knew nature, its rules and how to live with nature.  Loss of lifestyle and alcohol destroyed them.
View Quote

That’s not true at all. The natives caused all kinds of environmental issues at bit them in the ass and caused disasters and famines from time to time, just like everybody else.

Don’t let the teary-eyed Italian fool you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I mean I get it, they pretty much try to kill anyone that comes near but there hasn’t been any concerted effort to let them know about science and technology.

Is it kind of fucked up that we don’t work to give them the information and let them decide if they want to remain primitive?

Basically, we almost treat them like an ant farm. Or some sort of aquarium with a pet project inside.

By we I just mean the modern world. Medicine, technology, hell even mosquito nets.

I am not sure we are under any sort of obligation. But on the other hand contact is intentionally kept away stopping what would have been a natural introduction to the modern world.

ETA: in this thread we learn that even ARFcom can’t get past an initial knee jerk reaction to understand this isn’t a discussion about leaving these people alone. It’s a discussion on a government they know nothing about intentionally keeping them as a pet project.
View Quote

Go pay your gas bill
fill up your car
pay property taxes
fix the siding on the house
pay the mortgage
pick up kids from school
mow the lawn
take your blood pressure medicine to deal with work stress
renew your car registration and get it inspected
take little timmy to pick up the latest iPhone
work 60 hours a week because you need the overtime

Poor savages on the island how cruel of us to let them sleep and fuck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ah, but that’s not correct. They have formed relationships with anthropologist who would bring them coconuts and other food.

They have killed I think two people decades ago, shot another in the leg. The may have killed others but that is the ones that got them their reputation.

ETA: and apparently a missionary? I don’t know that one.
View Quote

You’re really not prepared to discuss this subject if you don’t already know.

Besides, I’d hardly consider India intervening to be modernizing. I’d rather be left alone by India, too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You’re really not prepared to discuss this subject if you don’t already know.

Besides, I’d hardly consider India intervening to be modernizing. I’d rather be left alone by India, too.
View Quote

The subject isnt about the people they kill. Who cares if they kill everyone or not.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So as another consensus it seems that you guys are fine with another government they have never met or know of controlling their interactions and essentially the course of their lives by intentionally excluding them from the modern world without representation whatsoever.  

And maybe the natives would have killed everyone that happened upon them in the past 70 years and maybe not. But India never gave them that choice. Instead it allows interaction only from the people it deems fit.

Alright then. I guess I will shelve my invasion plans.
View Quote

The they build and use boats.  They're no more trapped on the island than the Polynesians were.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Leave them alone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Well maybe they are not - It could be an Indian ScamSecret call center that deals exclusively in say Car Warranties ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Leave them alone unless they have resources that we need.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Technology doesn't save people.  

Scummy people would do what scummy people always do...they'd destroy these people's land. And, these people would be living in trashy slums if technology was brought in. They are much better off without us scumbags entering their lives
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I think it’s interesting that people assume the islanders are free.  It seems just as likely to me that they are living under the thumb of a tyrannical tribal chief who is happy to keep them isolated so nothing threatens his rule.  

No, I am not suggesting we go liberate them.  But the absence of the trappings of modern government as we know it doesn’t automatically equate to freedom.  Wherever there are people in groups someone is trying to control others.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1. As the Industrial Revolution proceeded, modern society created for itself a self-congratulatory myth, the myth of “progress”: From the time of our remote, ape-like ancestors, human history had been an unremitting march toward a better and brighter future, with everyone joyously welcoming each new technological advance: animal husbandry, agriculture, the wheel, the construction of cities, the invention of writing and of money, sailing ships, the compass, gunpowder, the printing press, the steam engine, and, at last, the crowning human achievement—modern industrial society! Prior to industrialization, nearly everyone was condemned to a miserable life of constant, backbreaking labor, malnutrition, disease, and an early death. Aren’t we so lucky that we live in modern times and have lots of leisure and an array of technological conveniences to make our lives easy?
Today I think there are relatively few thoughtful, honest and well-informed people who still believe in this myth. To lose one’s faith in “progress” one has only to look around and see the devastation of our environment, the spread of nuclear weapons, the excessive frequency of depression, anxiety disorders and psychological stress, the spiritual emptiness of a society that nourishes itself principally with television and computer games…one could go on and on.
View Quote

I wonder how many times that cycle has been repeated.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#18]
They look pretty approachable to me.

Deleted. There will be no National Geographic imaging here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They look pretty approachable to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osmU2vbnihQ
View Quote

I just got an account warning for posting (in a different thread) a widely used stock image of a tropical stilt village that contained less child nudity than this content, so you might want to remove this video before you are reported. The video is clearly not offensive or sexual but we got rules.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am philosophically at ease leaving people alone.
View Quote

Well said.

I don't think India should have any say in it either. They should figure out how to fix their own problems before telling anyone else how things should be done. Rational societies don't throw bodies and human waste in holy rivers that they bathe, drink from, and wash clothes in either. If only Darwinism would be allowed to prevail worldwide...many problems could be solved.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe it's a real-life Wakanda over there, or they have the Stargate hidden, and they're the ones keeping us isolated?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#22]
One guy visited there back in the 1970s. He gave them a pamphlet for the Libertarian Party. That's where this shit started.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They want to be left alone. What's your issue with leaving them alone ?
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am warm, fed, not covered in lice and have the knowledge of the world in the palm of my hand.  

Beats dying at 14 of a ruptured appendix or dental abscess while starving, ignorant and covered in lice.  

If civilization and progress is no big deal, well…the forest and its short, brutish and nasty existence beckons!
View Quote

I went to an exhibit put on by the Hmong people who came to the US after Vietnam. They lived in similar conditions and they had exhibits of their daily lives. One of the most interesting things to me was that they were able to craft their own versions of flintlocks from purely raw materials in their own forests.

They seemed quite happy with their lives and some of the elders still wish they were back there. They didn't think it was so bad.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Honestly the only thing I have read that compared to that is what goes on in Australia in the remote communities.  Truly horrifying stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you guys want to get all libertarian about island savages and government authority, the case of the Pitcairn islanders and their roving child rape gangs is way more interesting.

Honestly the only thing I have read that compared to that is what goes on in Australia in the remote communities.  Truly horrifying stuff.

I'd never heard about what went on on Pitcairn.

Fletcher's spawn fucking suck. No wonder he was killed (probably just as big an asshole as his progeny).
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Alright then I used too much hyperbole in my opening post. I have clarified that a number of times after that.

I sometimes forget that you can’t have a casual conversation in GD and everything must be spoken in the narrowest of definitions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You basically did. You're splitting hairs.

"I mean I get it, they pretty much try to kill anyone that comes near."

Alright then I used too much hyperbole in my opening post. I have clarified that a number of times after that.

I sometimes forget that you can’t have a casual conversation in GD and everything must be spoken in the narrowest of definitions.

I sometimes forget when talking to GD they sometimes talk like a female and don't really mean what they say.

You have to decipher it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#27]
The Sentinelese seem to be occupying an island that would make a great all-inclusive resort.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Those 80 or so islanders are so inbred and fucked up there’s no way they can meet modern society.
View Quote

So basically like many parts of West Virginia?

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I just got an account warning for posting (in a different thread) a widely used stock image of a tropical stilt village that contained less child nudity than this content, so you might want to remove this video before you are reported. The video is clearly not offensive or sexual but we got rules.
View Quote

Thanks...but you are quoting it hellfish.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#30]
on the one hand sending in Christian missionaries in is the right thing to do, on the other hand since they don't have access to the gospel they are safe from hell so ...

as a practical matter i suspect we'd fuck it up somehow
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Edit: misfire
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you add a poll this thread will still be going when you get back.  

Just for you.
Great poll
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But…we are intervening by keeping everyone away. We intentionally keep them as some sort of anthropology project.

ETA: and really it’s not very remote at all which makes it all the more strange that it has remained this way.
View Quote

bingo.

there is a book by T.N Pandit-- almost impossible to get a copy of.

supposedly they were not there for 60k+ years.. they may have been there since the mid 16 to mid 1700's..

I will assume that the British put them there for nefarious purposes.. (::COUGH:: HUNTING ::COUGH::)

Marco polo never wrote about them either, he wrote about tribesman from the Andaman Island's like the Jarawa etc..

Here's a link to the book, if anyone can get a copy let me know.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Sentinelese.html?id=5W1DAAAAYAAJ

The Sentinelese are not doing well from what I've been reading over the past few years.. very strange island.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, but that’s not correct. They have formed relationships with anthropologist who would bring them coconuts and other food.

They have killed I think two people decades ago, shot another in the leg. The may have killed others but that is the ones that got them their reputation.

They killed a guy much more recently than that!

Had to look him up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Chau

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/03/john-chau-christian-missionary-death-sentinelese

How many Arfcommers with NVGs/cans do you think it would take to control that island? I bet six guys would absolutely work em over.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Those 80 or so islanders are so inbred and fucked up there’s no way they can meet modern society.
View Quote

+100%
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#36]
They have already tried all that modern culture shit 120 years ago.

This guy was mostly worried about their dicks
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I mean I get it, they pretty much try to kill anyone that comes near but there hasn’t been any concerted effort to let them know about science and technology.

Is it kind of fucked up that we don’t work to give them the information and let them decide if they want to remain primitive?

Basically, we almost treat them like an ant farm. Or some sort of aquarium with a pet project inside.

By we I just mean the modern world. Medicine, technology, hell even mosquito nets.

I am not sure we are under any sort of obligation. But on the other hand contact is intentionally kept away stopping what would have been a natural introduction to the modern world.

ETA: in this thread we learn that even ARFcom can’t get past an initial knee jerk reaction to understand this isn’t a discussion about leaving these people alone. It’s a discussion on a government they know nothing about intentionally keeping them as a pet project.
View Quote

Prime directive?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
(double post)
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just nuke the island and be done with it.
View Quote

not a good idea..
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you don't care what they choose then why are you fucking with them ?
View Quote

Some men just want to see the world burn
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't buy John Allen Chau there is a 3 mile excursion zone..
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I find primitive tribes existing in modern times to be fascinating.

You have to admire their spirit.
View Quote

Like inner city Chicagoans?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Funny, but the Democrats Communist are trying (successfully)  to turn Mayberry RFD & the rest of America into North Sentinel Island.
View Quote

So you're saying it would be OK to start killing commie democrats when they try to bring their filth to our communities? Sign me up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Words mean things. It's funny how that works.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe because I want to live there? Colonize. If they don’t want me they can kill me if they want and can.

I mean you see the trap in all of this.

We say they are sovereign but they aren’t

Honestly it’s just a thought discussion on how we intentionally keep a group of people as pets.
View Quote

Like Democrats do to inner city blacks?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They are keeping themselves in the stone age by killing anyone who lands on the island.

We are not doing it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Like Democrats do to inner city blacks?
View Quote

And even a degree further.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I call bullshit. Have you SEEN "modern society"? People might not literally be inbred but they're so stupid from having been "taught" at government schools, being indoctrinated by leftists, and walking around like zombies with their heads up their cell phones that they might as well be. They'd fit right in.
View Quote

I'll bet they know the sun and moon are two different things, unlike certain members of "modern society".
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:07:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How many Arfcommers with NVGs/cans do you think it would take to control that island? I bet six guys would absolutely work em over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They killed a guy much more recently than that!

Had to look him up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Chau

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/03/john-chau-christian-missionary-death-sentinelese

Lol I think we had that thread once. I agree though, 4-6
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Every society that has ever been confronted by more advanced civilizations accused those involved of stealing their heritage.

Grass skirts and VD for everyone!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top