Quoted:
Get her coked up and do anal with her.

View Quote
Is that you, Hunter?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not uncommon from the addicts I've dealt with.

6 months on a lifetime of addiction isn't clean.
View Quote

first page "real" advice

end of story.... Talk to me after a year, minimum.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
People who abuse substances have years of training how to lie. I would say lying/manipulation is intertwined with substance abuse 100% of the time. From what I've seen the addiction to lying is almost harder to overcome than the substances.

The problem is as people get clean they have a support structure around them that wants so badly to believe them. This creates a cycle that allows them to lie and eventually fall back into addiction.

An example:

My brother has used for decades. He was clean for about 6 months then relapsed and hit my 2-year in front of me. My parents chose to believe he wasn't high and didn't hit my kid. Tore my family apart. My mom has struggled with the truth in the past but became a compulsive liar after this incident trying to protect my brother, tearing down my wife and I to try to bring my brother to our level. I'm done with all of them. Addicts suck.

RUN!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Why are you still there? Are YOU addicted?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is it lying or is it cray-cray?

A friend, one of the wisest men I know says, "You always have to give a person enough room to turn around." But, as I said, he's one of the wisest people I know.

Someone who refers to other people as "it", uses the non-word j "cray-cray", and starts threads specifically in order to garner affirmative responses bashing women may not themselves be sufficiently wise to apply my friend's advice.

TL;DR: Most likely, neither of you would benefit from associating with the other.
View Quote
I thought he was characterizing the behavior as "it" not the person.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
IME, it takes a year or even longer for peoples minds to clear out of the fog of addiction. Of course, some never come all the way back but most do. You have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should:

1. Take her on a vacation where all those drugs are legal. To make sure she’s clean.

2. Definitely get her pregnant on vacation

3. Marry her

4. Suggest swinging to her on the honeymoon

5. Give her control of your finances since she is intelligent

6. Report back here
View Quote

The GD playbook
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A friend, one of the wisest men I know says, “You always have to give a person enough room to turn around.” But, as I said, he’s one of the wisest people I know.

Someone who refers to other people as “it”, uses the non-word j “cray-cray”, and starts threads specifically in order to garner affirmative responses bashing women may not themselves be sufficiently wise to apply my friend’s advice.

TL;DR: Most likely, neither of you would benefit from associating with the other.
View Quote

At some point in time, as these wild stories stack up, I begin to wonder

a) if they’re real
b) subordinate to a, why a person would continue to invite such people into his life.

Assuming the stories are real, OP has rather a track record of associating with abysmally broken and unhealthy people. Either he is one himself, or he enjoys their company so much that he can’t seem to avoid them. Possibly both. And then he posts his Ls online for others to enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Stop thinking with small head...

Look out for you.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Seriously, trying to figure out what is going on with someone I know. She's 25, 6 months clean from an 8–10-year addiction binge. Pain meds, weed, crack, heroin. Brilliantly intelligent but seems confused as to what is real and what isn't. She tells very believable stories, for instance, "going for a job interview", "my mom kicked me out of the house" with enough verifiable facts that one gets taken in, only to find out later that most of what she said was not true.

A psych guy told me that people getting addicted at an early age have delayed personality development. I've talked to her about that but I don't think that is causing the reality issues.

The simple answer is that she is just pathological liar. But I think it goes way beyond that. After a recent encounter, I wondered if she has some mental defect like some sort of cognitive distortion. Or is she so used to hustling people for drug money that it's just a bad habit? Confronting her has not worked in the past. I've never known anyone like this.

Sorry, no pics at this time.
View Quote

I don't know, but I can tell you with great confidence that fucking her would be a terrible idea
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess you never saw the "This is your brain on drugs" commercial.

My wife had a friend like your little sweet girl.  My wife came around to reality when the bitch stole our son's piggybank.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Enjoy the hep c
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Brother, you need to evaluate why you want this person in your life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
This the same milk swollen tiddies girl from your last adventure?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#16]
People sometimes try drugs (self medicating) to shut down the demons growing in their heads. Could be onset of BPD didn't result in a therapist and treatment but began the drug problems.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Make sure you knock her up so you have the pleasure of her company for the next 18 3/4 years.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#18]
The odds are that unless she is getting "something" from the OP, she will not be a presence in his life. OTOH, she may be playing a long game setting him up for future use by getting him emotionally invested in her living clean.

Now, it could be that I am mistaken, and she really is clean and sober and working to stay that way. I hope that is the case, but extreme caution is called for in any contact.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You should:

1. Take her on a vacation where all those drugs are legal. To make sure she’s clean.

2. Definitely get her pregnant on vacation

3. Marry her

4. Suggest swinging to her on the honeymoon

5. Give her control of your finances since she is intelligent

6. Report back here
View Quote

Can I get an amen?!

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
This would all go away if she was pregnant and married
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

She is both, run away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, trying to figure out what is going on with someone I know. She's 25, 6 months clean from an 8–10-year addiction binge. Pain meds, weed, crack, heroin. Brilliantly intelligent but seems confused as to what is real and what isn't. She tells very believable stories, for instance, "going for a job interview", "my mom kicked me out of the house" with enough verifiable facts that one gets taken in, only to find out later that most of what she said was not true.

A psych guy told me that people getting addicted at an early age have delayed personality development. I've talked to her about that but I don't think that is causing the reality issues.

The simple answer is that she is just pathological liar. But I think it goes way beyond that. After a recent encounter, I wondered if she has some mental defect like some sort of cognitive distortion. Or is she so used to hustling people for drug money that it's just a bad habit? Confronting her has not worked in the past. I've never known anyone like this.

She is both, run away.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I never asked, and never will. And she never offered although I'm sure there was some of that going on in the course of her life as an addict. She always plays the "good little girl" with me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pathological Liar, ex-addict, morally compromised, with some screws loose...

Don't walk, RUN away.

Unless you like your BJ's $20 at a time...

I never asked, and never will. And she never offered although I'm sure there was some of that going on in the course of her life as an addict. She always plays the "good little girl" with me.

I knew one of those.  Adorable, petite girl.   She ended up getting a DWI then went much further downhill.  Several kids by different dads, hooked on heroin.  Dead by 28 due to an overdose.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A friend, one of the wisest men I know says, “You always have to give a person enough room to turn around.” But, as I said, he’s one of the wisest people I know.

Someone who refers to other people as “it”, uses the non-word j “cray-cray”, and starts threads specifically in order to garner affirmative responses bashing women may not themselves be sufficiently wise to apply my friend’s advice.

View Quote

Not disagreeing with you per se, but he didn't refer to her as "it" and the responses are bashing junkies, not women.  JMHO

ETA: I was ignorant to the apparent history of these kind of stories from OP - so I dunno, maybe you have a point, lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Wait, whoa, full stop. Everyone hold up a minute.

Didn't OP post a thread about a woman with similar issues some months ago?

Either a) he's still putting effort on the first girl, or b) he's finding more crazy women to put effort into.

Which is it, OP?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Why are you trying to date a crackhead?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Addicts are the best cin men on the fucking planet. Trust nothing they say you cannot independently verify.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#27]
So she is a skilled liar, and she told you she has been clean for six months?  Right!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I know someone with a history of heroin addiction.  She will look you in the eye with a straight face and talk about how awful drugs are and how could anyone do that to themselves and their family, then be nodding from smack the next day.   Her issues started in her teens or even earlier.  Dad was a druggie loser and so are all 3 of her baby daddies.  She has a cute little 3 year old boy I pray for every day.  Fortunately she has a strong extended family.

The deception starts with the self.  Once you have yourself completely deluded the rest comes easily.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#29]
All of the addict behavior, without the drugs.

What's the fun in that
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
hahahaha......yeah she's permanently damaged.

I wouldnt hit that with sparatcus's dick
View Quote

That's about it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought he was characterizing the behavior as "it" not the person.
View Quote

Quoted:

Not disagreeing with you per se, but he didn't refer to her as "it" and the responses are bashing junkies, not women.  JMHO

ETA: I was ignorant to the apparent history of these kind of stories from OP - so I dunno, maybe you have a point, lol
View Quote

I disagree, but given that y’all’s interpretation is infinitesimally within the bounds of possibility, and I’m a reasonable woman and a peacemaker by nature, and I need to run thru the shower and go to  the grocery store, I’m not going to war over it.

I’ll stand by the rest of my post.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#32]
"Brilliantly intelligent"

No. Just no.  Brilliantly Intelligent people don't do that stuff. My stupid BIL tells everyone how brilliant his kid is who is 35 and voted for Biden because "he will fix the mess Trump made."  Drugs and Biden support are the exact fucking opposite of brilliant.

And get away from that women, we have 60 year-olds in our extended family that did drugs in teens and they are like that their whole lives.  VERY low odds she will ever fix herself.  VERRRRRRRRRYYYYY! (everyone.gif)
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Unless you're family it's not worth having someone like this in your life in any capacity.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Part in red:

Attachment Attached File

Part in yellow:

Attachment Attached File

The two parts contradict one another.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't get attached, only give one chance. ALWAYS PULL OUT
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Damn, I didn't realize this was the same guy.  But it couldn't be the same girl.  Milk swollen boobies was a 21 year old drug addict in a 2018 thread, this is a 25 year old in 2022.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Being highly intelligent and self-destructive are not mutually exclusive. They aren’t even terribly uncommon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Every lie contains a small element of truth.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh...is this that guy?

I'm out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Damn, I didn't realize this was the same guy.  But it couldn't be the same girl.  Milk swollen boobies was a 21 year old drug addict in a 2018 thread, this is a 25 year old in 2022.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/mal-660.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/mal-660.gif

So he's been simping for this chick for 4 years?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OP stuck his dick in the crazy.
View Quote

Yep.

Don't do that.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Drug addicts are master manipulators.  It becomes a survival skill, and intelligent addicts are particularly adept at it.  It becomes an engrained way of life though....she'll be a manipulator forever.  Her reality will be shaped to suit her advantage.  

Not sure what your relationship is with her, but you can't fix her.  Best to keep her at arms length.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Before I got to this, it was what I was thinking.  You spend so many years telling lies it just comes natural, and you do not even think about what they might mean to other people. At least, that would be my guess, I have no real experience with people like that.
View Quote

Sounds like Biden.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I’m not reading the whole thread so most likely already posted.

A lot…I mean a lot…of drug users have bad mental health issues. Simple put, they be nuts. And in a bad way.

For some people the drugs broke their minds. Yet for others, the mind was already broken and the drugs was just them thinking they were “better” on the drugs.

There is no fix for these people I’m sorry to tell you. Their mind can not be fixed either way. Medication may help with some of the symptoms. Long term therapy also may help if you find the right person.

Most likely if she is lying about stupid stuff, she be lying about not using again. Which would also explain some of the behavior.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh...is this that guy?

I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh...is this that guy?

I'm out.

Ohhhh didn't realize this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Twenty-five and has been addicted since mid teens. What's the recidivism rate at this stage near 100%?  I wouldn't, but you do you.
View Quote

Doing yourself is much safer than doing her, and in the long run probably more satisfying.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Smart crazy people are dangerous. Should be avoided at all costs.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top