Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A human kill?
View Quote
Buckshot bounces off of robots.

I love my Shockwave, but need to buy a current issue grip & endcap in order to add a sling.  I built mine right after the original ATF letters came out & Mossberg was selling the old style retrofit parts then.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I love my Shockwave, but need to buy a current issue grip & endcap in order to add a sling.  I built mine right after the original ATF letters came out & Mossberg was selling the old style retrofit parts then.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A human kill?

A grovtech qd end cap and the raptor grip modified for a magpul QD sling cup works really nice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotta try this. Shooting clays with the Shockwave, fun starts at 2:25.
Thoughts & Shots w/ the Mossberg 590 Shockwave (Can I hit clay pigeons!?)
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys that have experience with one, how do you think it would do for a grouse gun?
Fantastic

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126406/83B151DF-23D5-4570-A528-062467CA34F8_jpeg-716843.JPG
Not going to lie, I kind of want one
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I told myself that I needed it for a truck gun. I was right!
View Quote
Think of it as a 12 gauge "get off me gun".................I see lots of usefulness in them
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought it $200 unfired
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Odd is people miss pronouncing aught or ought.. when you say it out loud, It can sound like odd, and many people just assume that's what people are saying.. it's extremly common but it derived from auoght or ought or what ever it is.. aught is a short hand for zero..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never heard that, it is double odd.
Odd is people miss pronouncing aught or ought.. when you say it out loud, It can sound like odd, and many people just assume that's what people are saying.. it's extremly common but it derived from auoght or ought or what ever it is.. aught is a short hand for zero..
Yes, I was trying to make a play on his odd misuse or lack of use of "Aught".  I grew up in my father's gun store, attended SHOT and all manner of trade shows for most of my teen years and never once heard it called double-odd buck.  That's why I said it was double odd!
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bought it $200 unfired
View Quote
Good score. If you truly hate the gun, you can likely get your money back and then some.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A grovtech qd end cap and the raptor grip modified for a magpul QD sling cup works really nice.
View Quote
Thanks.  I'll look into that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes, I was trying to make a play on his odd misuse or lack of use of "Aught".  I grew up in my father's gun store, attended SHOT and all manner of trade shows for most of my teen years and never once heard it called double-odd buck.  That's why I said it was double odd!
View Quote
I “ought” to be more careful next time and read the post a few times before I respond.. it’s “odd” I usually detect sarcasm rather quickly..
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
That didn't take long
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a QD End Cap on ebay for about $15, I think it was new-old stock.

The QD Cup takes some drilling, I'd leave enough room for the cup and tap it for whatever size magpul screws are (The cup is threaded for them). For good measure you can epoxy this too.

Honestly I ordered the Saurez grip since it came textured and had the QD cup already installed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Would you volunteer to stand in front of a super soaker full of putrid urine? No? Does that validate it as well then?

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#15]
20 ga magazine fed, sort of want.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm...

If you permanently attached a proper-length suppressor to a “super-shorty” - length barrel with a shockwave grip would it be a one-stamp gun?

Damn near all 12ga is gonna stay subsonic out of 7” barrel.

Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the looks of the Mossberg Nightstick

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=MB50651
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Uh, no.

https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14-arm-brace
View Quote
Correct, that is an AOW. The fact they sell it makes no difference.

You can claim that the pistol grip is not a pistol geip but...it is.

Otherwise why is my Factory AOW Mossburg no different? They clearly thought it was an AOW. Even shipped it with the model number "AOW" on the side...shipped without pistol grip attached, 14" barreled 590A1.

The fact that the ATF isnt jumping down Rem throats doesnt changed the wording of the law fyi.

I belive these shotguns are what is most likely to shutdown the whole pistol brace BS we have all been hiding behind these last few years (if we are going t9 be honest with ourselves).
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn. That looked like some long shots.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Otherwise why is my Factory AOW Mossburg no different? They clearly thought it was an AOW. Even shipped it with the model number "AOW" on the side...shipped without pistol grip attached, 14" barreled 590A1.

The fact that the ATF isnt jumping down Rem throats doesnt changed the wording of the law fyi.

I belive these shotguns are what os most likely to shutdown the qhole pistol brace BS we have all be hiding behind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14-arm-brace

I belive these shotguns are what os most likely to shutdown the qhole pistol brace BS we have all be hiding behind.
What is the OAL of your AOW? Without a grip it is still capable of firing and is under 26"

If you don't take the barrel off of your shockwave before removing the grip, it becomes an AoW correct? The main reason putting a regular pistol grip on the shockwave is a no-no seems to be the OAL being an issue.

What you are saying has been argued about in the past.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What is the OAL of your AOW? Without a grip it is still capable of firing and is under 26"

If you don't take the barrel off of your shockwave before removing the grip, it becomes an AoW correct? The main reason putting a regular pistol grip on the shockwave is a no-no seems to be the OAL being an issue.

View Quote
The exact same dimentions as the shockwave, factory built without a grip attached. Add a birdshead grip....its a firearm....add a pistol grip, its an AOW. The o ly arguement here is people claiming a pistol grip brace is not a pistol grip....well, i dont like the atf either, but youre wrong.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The exact same dimentions as the shockwave, factory built without a grip attached. Add a birdshead grip....its a firearm....add a pistol grip, its an AOW. The o ly arguement here is people claiming a pistol grip brace is not a pistol grip....well, i dont like the atf either, but youre wrong.
Without a grip it isn't a firearm. A firearm needs to be 26" or longer.

See Black Ace's ATF Letter

TLDR: The Pistol Grip on a firearm is fine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone sell a wood stock set for the Shockwave?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you add a vertical pistol grip to a shockwave than it's under 26". If it has a brace it's over than 26". I don't understand what your not getting.

The pgo cruiser is a firearm due to it's length. Not a function of barrel length or shape of the grip.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
A guy on eBay sells a set. It's from Thailand and they look nice. Very expensive though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
http://www.blackacestactical.com/product-page/wood-furniture-for-the-mossberg-shockwave
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It is manageable.  With the right loads. You aren't going to run full powered loads through a snub nose are you?

Buck and slugs have been fine, but I'm not using 3" shells out of this thing. I'm tempted to try a few though.

If normal buck/slugs hurt out of this idk what to say.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333164/do-you-even-lift-bro_jpg-716826.JPG
View Quote
3 inch 18 pellet Winchester 00 buck was no biggie. The corn cob forend does want to come UP out of my hand though.

I'd like a Hogue style forend. Does a Hogue forend fit?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Apparently I spelled it wrong as well. I guess it’s aught? Who the fuck knows.. But still odd is simply people miss pronouncing ought or aught.. so there’s that..

Second of all any grown man should be able to “manage” or hold on to a shockwave.. hell my 8 year old son loves the thing, now I won’t load the tube with slugs for him, but He has shot a few rounds of high brass #4s and buck in his day and manages not to wine or cry about it, or have it slip from his hands.. I’m honestly beginning to wonder if all the hate for shockwaves or 12 gauges in general stems from jealousy of those that are to week actually use them.. It’s a 12 Gauge, much like the stocked version, it’s gonna kick.. big Fucking deal.. hold it like a man, point it at something, pull the trigger and hold onto it..

Third, if you actually decided to shoot it enough times instead of crying about recoil, you would soon discover you can pull up and hit shit much faster then a shotgun with a stock.. shoot it enough and you can actuallly hit shit reliably with out even using the bead..
View Quote
You're full of shit. You ought to study up before flappin yer gums. The rest of your drivel means even less than the rest, Bla, Bla, Bla bla bla., < this is how you look, LOL. Oh and odd just like we have always said around here, you're welcome to come

on over and try to change it. I'll even let you buy me drinks.LOL
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@03RN

Now your going to be forever known in GD for your junk.  
Not at all for your defensive shooting skills.

GD is gonna GD.

BTW: We need another challenge thread!
View Quote
I suppose it could be worse

Yes we do. That was a good thread that really showed who the shooters really were in gd. @bcauz3y
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It is manageable.  With the right loads. You aren't going to run full powered loads through a snub nose are you?

Buck and slugs have been fine, but I'm not using 3" shells out of this thing. I'm tempted to try a few though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333164/do-you-even-lift-bro_jpg-716826.JPG
View Quote
Normal Buck and Slugs are no fun, 3" is making more noise and more kick. These guns have to be held on to tightly with 3" we are talking LIKE A VISE.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Trunk gun... house clearing gun...

Reminiscent of the old police whippet guns which are fucking awesome!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Odd is people miss pronouncing aught or ought.. when you say it out loud, It can sound like odd, and many people just assume that’s what people are saying.. it’s extremly common but it derived from auoght or ought or what ever it is.. aught is a short hand for zero..
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've gotta try this. Shooting clays with the Shockwave, fun starts at 2:25.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ioRJOALan4
View Quote
Looks like you got that down!
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The QD Cup takes some drilling, I'd leave enough room for the cup and tap it for whatever size magpul screws are (The cup is threaded for them). For good measure you can epoxy this too.

Honestly I ordered the Saurez grip since it came textured and had the QD cup already installed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just drilled & tapped the barrel lug that goes around the magazine tube to take a swivel stud. I used the stud that came in the mag cap.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Check this tac-14 out.

Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#38]
03RN should nickname his junk the shockwave
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You're full of shit. You ought to study up before flappin yer gums. The rest of your drivel means even less than the rest, Bla, Bla, Bla bla bla., < this is how you look, LOL. Oh and odd just like we have always said around here, you're welcome to come

on over and try to change it. I'll even let you buy me drinks.LOL
View Quote
What exactly do I need to study up on? It doesn’t matter how long or how many people you know that say odd, it’s the wrong term.. it’s like the word irreguardless.. so many people use it, yet it’s technically not a word, but because so many people use it, it’s become a word.. same with odd buck.. it’s a miss pronunciation.. but I’m over it at this point..

However I will continue to argue with you about the shockwave..  not everyone struggles with the recoil on these things, there are dozens upon dozens of videos out there of people shooting them and actually hitting things they are aiming at with out issues..

I really can’t grasp how a grown man can’t manage one of these? I guess if your the type who uses hand lotions a lot I can understand.. or maybe an old ingury of some sort..
But to state a firearm is useless based of extemtly limited use because one can’t handle it is retarded..

Some of us, actually use the damn thing and have become quiet effective with them..
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
3 inch 18 pellet Winchester 00 buck was no biggie. The corn cob forend does want to come UP out of my hand though.
View Quote
It will fit if you take 1.25" off the front of the Hogue. Love it on my Shockwaves.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Apparently I spelled it wrong as well. I guess it's aught? Who the fuck knows.. But still odd is simply people miss pronouncing ought or aught.. so there's that..

Second of all any grown man should be able to "manage" or hold on to a shockwave.. hell my 8 year old son loves the thing, now I won't load the tube with slugs for him, but He has shot a few rounds of high brass #4s and buck in his day and manages not to wine or cry about it, or have it slip from his hands.. I'm honestly beginning to wonder if all the hate for shockwaves or 12 gauges in general stems from jealousy of those that are to week actually use them.. It's a 12 Gauge, much like the stocked version, it's gonna kick.. big Fucking deal.. hold it like a man, point it at something, pull the trigger and hold onto it..

Third, if you actually decided to shoot it enough times instead of crying about recoil, you would soon discover you can pull up and hit shit much faster then a shotgun with a stock.. shoot it enough and you can actuallly hit shit reliably with out even using the bead..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody says outht here, we always double odd, 30 odd 6. you say it your way I'll say it mine, if it bugs you tough shit.

And no it's not just another shotgun, and no it's not manageable with slugs or full power 00 odd buck.

It's a bitch, quit filling everybody full of shit, it's a bear to hang on to if your not ready, unlike a stocked shotgun which you aim in a normal way!

You want to hit something aim it turbo. Even with LE double odd buck.
Apparently I spelled it wrong as well. I guess it's aught? Who the fuck knows.. But still odd is simply people miss pronouncing ought or aught.. so there's that..

Second of all any grown man should be able to "manage" or hold on to a shockwave.. hell my 8 year old son loves the thing, now I won't load the tube with slugs for him, but He has shot a few rounds of high brass #4s and buck in his day and manages not to wine or cry about it, or have it slip from his hands.. I'm honestly beginning to wonder if all the hate for shockwaves or 12 gauges in general stems from jealousy of those that are to week actually use them.. It's a 12 Gauge, much like the stocked version, it's gonna kick.. big Fucking deal.. hold it like a man, point it at something, pull the trigger and hold onto it..

Nope
for example:
The Pistol Grip Only Shotgun - The Perfect Home Defense Tool?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What exactly do I need to study up on? It doesn't matter how long or how many people you know that say odd, it's the wrong term.. it's like the word irreguardless.. so many people use it, yet it's technically not a word, but because so many people use it, it's become a word.. same with odd buck.. it's a miss pronunciation.. but I'm over it at this point..

However I will continue to argue with you about the shockwave..  not everyone struggles with the recoil on these things, there are dozens upon dozens of videos out there of people shooting them and actually hitting things they are aiming at with out issues..

I really can't grasp how a grown man can't manage one of these? I guess if your the type who uses hand lotions a lot I can understand.. or maybe an old ingury of some sort..
But to state a firearm is useless based of extemtly limited use because one can't handle it is retarded..

Some of us, actually use the damn thing and have become quiet effective with them..
View Quote
I'm not weak, little, or injured, it's just that compared to a full-size shotgun with a real stock I think they suck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not without modding

The easy approach is to chop it/sand and file things evenly. Use a razor blade on the rubber, and a saw on the polymer.
The harder approach is to do the above, but don't cut it as short. Leave some meat on the handguard and take off some material inside of the fore-arm so the castle nut is actually inside the handguard some what.

I think it turned out okay, It only cost me $18, I might do another with the later method.

I did email Hogue, they said they have no plans to make a shockwave fore-arm.

I hear the regular tac-14 fore-arms fit with no modifications.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm wondering: if one was to take a rifled slug barrel and cut it to size then add a nice ghost site to the Shockwave, would that make it a slightly longer distsnce, more effective toy. Err, um, tool?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm wondering: if one was to take a rifled slug barrel and cut it to size then add a nice ghost site to the Shockwave, would that make it a slightly longer distsnce, more effective toy. Err, um, tool?
View Quote
What you need is a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I personally feel like leaf/pistol style sights would be the way to go unless you had a stock or brace.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What exactly do I need to study up on? It doesn’t matter how long or how many people you know that say odd, it’s the wrong term.. it’s like the word irreguardless.. so many people use it, yet it’s technically not a word, but because so many people use it, it’s become a word.. same with odd buck.. it’s a miss pronunciation.. but I’m over it at this point..

I really can’t grasp how a grown man can’t manage one of these? I guess if your the type who uses hand lotions a lot I can understand.. or maybe an old ingury of some sort..
But to state a firearm is useless based of extemtly limited use because one can’t handle it is retarded..

View Quote
So you are 'quiet' effective with them hey? LOL Did you have any schooling at all or have you always been a goober? You are giving English lessons? LOL I bet you are one tough sob hey? They don't make people like you anymore, they broke the mold after you were born right? LOL

It's great, ya pass the hand lotion spud I think I am starting to see the beginning of a blister. I just want to die LOL. You did your mama proud son! HEhe
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Clearly.

And a  tax stamp.

And to move out of Illinois.

Meanwhile...

ETA: IBTL
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So you are 'quiet' effective with them hey? LOL Did you have any schooling at all or have you always been a goober? You are giving English lessons? LOL I bet you are one tough sob hey? They don't make people like you anymore, they broke the mold after you were born right? LOL

It's great, ya pass the hand lotion spud I think I am starting to see the beginning of a blister. I just want to die LOL. You did your mama proud son! HEhe
View Quote
You really seem like a pleasant guy
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone know if the 20ga and 12ga Shockwaves use the same grip? Or are the receivers different?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top