Page / 116
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah he does
View Quote
Is that not a thing? I thought Uncle Sugar taught us all to love catching balls

Did they lie when they said it's not ghey if you do it inside the tank?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything was a lie.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This forecast of rain is going to be a lie.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My three-way plan was to pull out of ethereum at an ATH, jump into AMC for the summer, cash out on that craziness and get back into ETH before it hits 25k and then within 1 year dump it all into BTC. Hoping AMC hits big then I can get back into ETH and get 10x on that, then park long term in BTC

Somewhere in there I'm hoping some of my shit coins like Doge blow up as well, but THE HODL is BTC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tempting to offload the NOK and get into something else, but I know NOK keeps being talked about on WSB, and it should honestly be more than $4/share for how good the company is. I'll be patient on that one. I don't need much of a move for it to work out.
My three-way plan was to pull out of ethereum at an ATH, jump into AMC for the summer, cash out on that craziness and get back into ETH before it hits 25k and then within 1 year dump it all into BTC. Hoping AMC hits big then I can get back into ETH and get 10x on that, then park long term in BTC

Somewhere in there I'm hoping some of my shit coins like Doge blow up as well, but THE HODL is BTC

I'm not investing with anywhere near the money of some folks. This isn't a get rich scheme, this is me playing a little and learning
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This forecast of rain is going to be a lie.
View Quote

We're supposed to get some Thursday. You want me to fax you some?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not investing with anywhere near the money of some folks. This isn't a get rich scheme, this is me playing a little and learning
View Quote
BTC looks like its going to be where it's at. A little investment is going a long long way

Somewhere in here around page 90 people start talking about really interesting things, like BTC could be 2.5 million in a few years. It's not doing BTC stuff anymore and isn't like a regular stock or rando crypto fad, it's turning into a store of value against inflation and a declining economy

So rather than BTC being something you make 10%, 20% or whatever margin on, instead it's turning into something that millions of people will be buying simply to protect themselves from the decline of the dollar. It has pretty staggering implications

There are a number of smart guys in that thread and they (and others) have done the math. Looks like there is no reason BTC can't hit millions per coin, for a lot of well argued reasons. It's not a lambo gamble like it used to be, or that most coins are now

Something to think about anyway

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Out for Messican tonight. Had to hit the hardware store for some stain and washers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you hit just FYI my lambo color is yellow. I will reciprocate if AMC hits, just let me know what color
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tempting to offload the NOK and get into something else, but I know NOK keeps being talked about on WSB, and it should honestly be more than $4/share for how good the company is. I'll be patient on that one. I don't need much of a move for it to work out.
If you hit just FYI my lambo color is yellow. I will reciprocate if AMC hits, just let me know what color

Lambos are lame.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I want one of these

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
BTC looks like its going to be where it's at. A little investment is going a long long way

Somewhere in here around page 90 people start talking about really interesting things, like BTC could be 2.5 million in a few years. It's not doing BTC stuff anymore and isn't like a regular stock or rando crypto fad, it's turning into a store of value against inflation and a declining economy

So rather than BTC being something you make 10%, 20% or whatever margin on, instead it's turning into something that millions of people will be buying simply to protect themselves from the decline of the dollar. It has pretty staggering implications

There are a number of smart guys in that thread and they (and others) have done the math. Looks like there is no reason BTC can't hit millions per coin, for a lot of well argued reasons. It's not a lambo gamble like it used to be, or that most coins are now

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until they make it illegal for Americans to own . . .
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Passed my second to last exam of nursing school today.
Final exam is next Wednesday, and I can get a 54% and still be gtg.

Kind of a strange feeling.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]
BTR80 for me. I don't care about Lambo's either

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
W00T
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Birds trying to build a nest in my garage.  Better load my mags
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, I didnt know you were that close to graduation, congrats.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't want someone that got a 54% on the final nursing on me.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Similar feeling to being closer to debt free.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hope it's not big bird, but he never leaves nyc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Ended up getting a free meal, waitress brought out the wrong plate for Wodstock. So, we had 2 more tacos, rice and beans
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BTR80 for me. I don't care about Lambo's either

https://weaponsandwarfare.files.wordpress.com/2020/08/btr804.jpg
View All Quotes

14.5mm or 30mm primary?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wouldn't want someone that got a 54% on the final nursing on me.

View Quote

Don't worry, I've been told that once you get licensed and start working you throw away 95% of what they taught you and learn the real way things work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'm excited to be done.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than the house we were until I started school; now we've got a little car payment again, so that'll be a top priority.
Getting the house paid off isn't really on the radar yet, as we're looking at moving in 2-4 years and have kid #1 showing up this summer, but once we move and get things a bit more settled it may be something we look at.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

14.5mm or 30mm primary?
View Quote
I'd have to do 30mm due to the proliferation of up armored APCs used by US LEO
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/svd/saiga12/N_S12_006.JPG

The true image of US and Russian unity.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

14.5mm or 30mm primary?

Hmm. Fair.
I've always liked the 14.5, but you have a point.

The M24's 75mm would be pretty good, but the tech is a bit old.
Pretty sure even solid shot would still ruin any non-.mil vehicle's day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#32]
The 14.5 KPv is definitely my favorite HMG, but I don't remember if MRAPs can bounce it or not. Better safe than sorry with the 30mm

Now 75 HE against most LEO stuff = el oh fucking el, what a hilarious concept

Just remember to take a page out of the middle east and slat armor everything. Dirty LEO definitely can get ahold of shaped charges

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe a group buy on Kontakt-5?

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saved for later reading.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Was ich driving that fucking U-Haul?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Some things just can't be automated
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They want all the people I talk to to enter the info into a spreadsheet or computer program or something. Except they don't really know who all I talk to or why those people divulge info to me.
The why is easy.  You're a human, not a computer.

And not just any human, but a human with some degree of authority willing to take the time to get to know them by name and listen to them while maintaining confidentiality and addressing their concerns with sympathy and action.

Exactly so. Mainly, they want some way to track trends and capture data, which is fine, but the way I do my thing involves talking to literally anyone and everyone, including people who never document in a chart and those who don’t document anything related to throughput. They don’t account for the knowledge those people have or how that contributes, but I do. And because I “see” them and acknowledge their importance and listen to their input, they tell me things that help me in my job.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And without turning around and stabbing them in the back with managerial doublespeak.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They want all the people I talk to to enter the info into a spreadsheet or computer program or something. Except they don't really know who all I talk to or why those people divulge info to me.

And not just any human, but a human with some degree of authority willing to take the time to get to know them by name and listen to them while maintaining confidentiality and addressing their concerns with sympathy and action.

And without turning around and stabbing them in the back with managerial doublespeak.

As buzzwordy as it sounds, I try to advocate for them. I see that as part of my role and responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Exactly so. Mainly, they want some way to track trends and capture data, which is fine, but the way I do my thing involves talking to literally anyone and everyone, including people who never document in a chart and those who don't document anything related to throughput. They don't account for the knowledge those people have or how that contributes, but I do. And because I "see" them and acknowledge their importance and listen to their input, they tell me things that help me in my job.
View Quote
It seems like you have your shit together. The world needs more of this
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Woot!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly so. Mainly, they want some way to track trends and capture data, which is fine, but the way I do my thing involves talking to literally anyone and everyone, including people who never document in a chart and those who don't document anything related to throughput. They don't account for the knowledge those people have or how that contributes, but I do. And because I "see" them and acknowledge their importance and listen to their input, they tell me things that help me in my job.

I’ve had a lifetime to study leadership and management.

I’ve learned from each one of my bosses and the bosses I’ve worked with. Sometimes, it’s been what to do, and sometimes it’s been what not to do. Some of the most important lessons were “you don’t know everything” and “everyone has something they can teach you.”
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Exactly so. Mainly, they want some way to track trends and capture data, which is fine, but the way I do my thing involves talking to literally anyone and everyone, including people who never document in a chart and those who don’t document anything related to throughput. They don’t account for the knowledge those people have or how that contributes, but I do. And because I “see” them and acknowledge their importance and listen to their input, they tell me things that help me in my job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As buzzwordy as it sounds, I try to advocate for them. I see that as part of my role and responsibility.

Yup, and I'd love to see you shake up our local hospitals; the problem with most buzzwordiness isn't the language, it's the disingenuous manor in which it's applied.

If they actually practiced what they preached 87% of management would do pretty good, but when you tell people to do x, and then don't give them the support necessary to do so, you end up like a lot of hospitals where 20% of their staff are travelers and the rest are new grads or retired on the job.

One of the local hospitals has a med surg floor that has recently been having assignments of 7pts/rn and they don't understand why they can't hire anyone and they're having falls and HAIs- but they pay 15-25%/hr less than the system 20 minutes away that doesn't have (at least serious) staffing issues. Surprise!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Other than the house we were until I started school; now we've got a little car payment again, so that'll be a top priority.
Getting the house paid off isn't really on the radar yet, as we're looking at moving in 2-4 years and have kid #1 showing up this summer, but once we move and get things a bit more settled it may be something we look at.
View Quote
36k left on the house, 5 years we'll be done.  Interest is under $170/mo now.  Not even worth refinancing, just putting an extra $430/mo towards principal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Woot!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woot!

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've had a lifetime to study leadership and management.

I've learned from each one of my bosses and the bosses I've worked with. Sometimes, it's been what to do, and sometimes it's been what not to do. Some of the most important lessons were "you don't know everything" and "everyone has something they can teach you."
View Quote
Thats how I live my life too. I learn from people all the time and while I'm good at plenty of things I always know that I don't know stuff. Focus on the outcome, not being the smartest person in the room. Lots of times everyone else is smarter than me for sure

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I’ve learned from each one of my bosses and the bosses I’ve worked with. Sometimes, it’s been what to do, and sometimes it’s been what not to do. Some of the most important lessons were “you don’t know everything” and “everyone has something they can teach you.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yup, and I'd love to see you shake up our local hospitals; the problem with most buzzwordiness isn't the language, it's the disingenuous manor in which it's applied.

If they actually practiced what they preached 87% of management would do pretty good, but when you tell people to do x, and then don't give them the support necessary to do so, you end up like a lot of hospitals where 20% of their staff are travelers and the rest are new grads or retired on the job.

One of the local hospitals has a med surg floor that has recently been having assignments of 7pts/rn and they don't understand why they can't hire anyone and they're having falls and HAIs- but they pay 15-25%/hr less than the system 20 minutes away that doesn't have (at least serious) staffing issues. Surprise!
View Quote
I'm not in medicine but I see this pattern play out so many times in my industry too. It's unbelievable how people think they can operate in such a lame manner and still expect to get top notch results

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I've had a lifetime to study leadership and management.

I've learned from each one of my bosses and the bosses I've worked with. Sometimes, it's been what to do, and sometimes it's been what not to do. Some of the most important lessons were "you don't know everything" and "everyone has something they can teach you."
View Quote

None of which you get from achieving a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

well you are the one that decided to wear a plate carrier into a restaurant...i only had my battle belt on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna have to answer so many fucking questions next time because of you fuckers

well you are the one that decided to wear a plate carrier into a restaurant...i only had my battle belt on

Attachment Attached File
Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top