BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still thinking about picking up a bodyguard 38 or a 442

Just cant quite commit to which one I want. Logic says the 442. But boy that bodyguard feels good in the hand

I just want a 5 shot .38 loaded up with HBWC that I can not give a fuck about, still work, and be able to make hits with
View Quote

I'd be going for a 442 if I wanted an alloy gun.  If I was in the market for something polymer-ish, I'd go for an LCR, personally.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Still thinking about picking up a bodyguard 38 or a 442

Just cant quite commit to which one I want. Logic says the 442. But boy that bodyguard feels good in the hand

I just want a 5 shot .38 loaded up with HBWC that I can not give a fuck about, still work, and be able to make hits with
View Quote

I don’t really have a valid reason to dislike the newer bodyguard. It’s 100% aesthetics for me, which I acknowledge is kind of nonsensical when it comes to carry guns.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thought I would add my S&W 28-2's

https://i.imgur.com/ogZZctJ.jpg

View Quote

Damn that’s cool looking
I like your map backdrop too. Neat
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Good looking Kimber!

I may eventually add a 4". I liked the 2", enough to pick up a 3".
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s still Black History Month
Let’s celebrate Satchel Paige!

With African American players barred from the Major Leagues, Paige began his professional career in 1926 in the Negro Southern League. His record with the Birmingham Black Barons did not go unnoticed and he moved quickly through the ranks of the Negro National League teams, becoming a popular draw among audiences.

Paige played for teams all over the country, from California to Maryland to North Dakota and even in Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Between contracts, Paige built quite a following through barnstorming tours, which consisted of exhibition games against other professionals and regional talent that provided extra money. In one such game, he was hired to front a team called the "Satchel Paige All-Stars" and ended up pitching to New York Yankees great Joe DiMaggio, who called him "the best and fastest pitcher I've ever faced."

Paige also once opposed St. Louis Cardinals ace Dizzy Dean in a series of exhibition games, winning four of them. Afterward, Dean noted, "If Satch and I were pitching on the same team, we'd clinch the pennant by the fourth of July and go fishing until World Series time."
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How about a clapped out det special?6>5

My m10 I don't really give a duck about
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20211228_120224_2_jpg-2272659.JPG
View Quote

If it were cheaper Id give it some thought but dang thats as much as a 442 new

I think I really wanna stick with a smith though. I gave the new night cobras a good look but never found one locally to handle
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don’t really have a valid reason to dislike the newer bodyguard. It’s 100% aesthetics for me, which I acknowledge is kind of nonsensical when it comes to carry guns.
View Quote

Im a bit interested in it for a few reasons. Mainly how it feels in the hand. They used SS for the barrel insert and cylinder on the bodyguard then finish it in QVD.

But also diving deeper its interesting they changed a good bit from their legacy j frames.

Its going to be one of those things where theres a decent chance that either I pick up Ill be thinking about how I should have snagged up the other.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My Squeezers.  The blue is a flat-latch.  I haven't checked the dates yet.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't owned a revolver in a long time.
Took this buck at 60 yards running.
S&W Classic Hunter 44 mag.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Im a bit interested in it for a few reasons. Mainly how it feels in the hand. They used SS for the barrel insert and cylinder on the bodyguard then finish it in QVD.

But also diving deeper its interesting they changed a good bit from their legacy j frames.

Its going to be one of those things where theres a decent chance that either I pick up Ill be thinking about how I should have snagged up the other.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I’ve never even handled one, so honestly my opinion is trash. One thing I do like about the new bodyguard is how they relocated the cylinder release. On j frames like the 442, it can chew you up a little with stout loads.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran to the gun shop at lunch.  Someone swiped the model 60 already, so I hemmed and hawed and thought about grabbing a 638, but just couldn't make up my mind for some reason.  Wound up grabbing some snap caps.  The prices are creeping up and up on j frames.  A regular old 642 with lock is now retailing at $519
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm kinda looking at first generation 1873 army Colts, anyone here own one and if so, what would be a decent price for a standard revolver, no nickel plating or engraving, basic model?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah I’ve never even handled one, so honestly my opinion is trash. One thing I do like about the new bodyguard is how they relocated the cylinder release. On j frames like the 442, it can chew you up a little with stout loads.
View Quote

I get being put off by it with the polymer grip.

All the reviews I have seen are pretty good, I mean for what it be. The one thing I have not felt is the trigger as the place that has it in stock keeps the dang locks on them. Ive seen some positive comments on that but who knows. I feel like I cant expect a ton from a stubby revolver.

But the want to throw one in some swimmy shorts this summer is there. I also really want to experiment with some straight lead hbwc loaded backwards for carry
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ran to the gun shop at lunch.  Someone swiped the model 60 already, so I hemmed and hawed and thought about grabbing a 638, but just couldn't make up my mind for some reason.  Wound up grabbing some snap caps.  The prices are creeping up and up on j frames.  A regular old 642 with lock is now retailing at $519
View Quote

Holy shit.

I have less than $519 in my 438 and my 649 together.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I also really want to experiment with some straight lead hbwc loaded backwards for carry
View Quote

How come? They're horrible.
.38 SPL Backwards Wadcutter Ballistic Test
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Holy shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.

Now you’re just showing off
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJ-36kcEuA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also really want to experiment with some straight lead hbwc loaded backwards for carry

I'll save the video to watch later, but I can say from personal experience that swaged lead HBWC bullets have terrible penetration, but loaded to about 825 fps, they'll damn near turn a racoon inside out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Video pretty much summed up my interests. The expansion is what Im curious about.

I know most 148 listed loads are loaded pretty light. I want to play with velocity as well as the lead alloys and see whats what. Worst case I just end up with a wadcutter bullet mold I dont use a ton.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy shit.

View Quote

Yeah, I was a bit nonplussed at seeing those prices.  I did notice a pricing discrepancy on their website vs in store, so I called them up for clarification and they said they'd honor the lower price, so I just might be going back after work for the 638.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve seen the S&W 360 (the unfluted stainless steel cylinder version, not the titanium cylinder PD version) at around $600 and might be worth the extra to some since it also takes .357 Magnums.

Rising prices is why I decided to get a couple that I wanted NOW instead of waiting.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm kinda looking at first generation 1873 army Colts, anyone here own one and if so, what would be a decent price for a standard revolver, no nickel plating or engraving, basic model?
View Quote

The prices on real Colt Model Ps are insane. Anything I find on Gunbroker is North of $2,000.

As much as I'd like one, unless I come into a pile of money I'll be content with my Cimarron Model P with blackpowder frame.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It’s still Black History Month
Let’s celebrate Satchel Paige!
http://blackhistorynow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Satchel-Paige-239x300.jpg
With African American players barred from the Major Leagues, Paige began his professional career in 1926 in the Negro Southern League. His record with the Birmingham Black Barons did not go unnoticed and he moved quickly through the ranks of the Negro National League teams, becoming a popular draw among audiences.

Paige played for teams all over the country, from California to Maryland to North Dakota and even in Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Between contracts, Paige built quite a following through barnstorming tours, which consisted of exhibition games against other professionals and regional talent that provided extra money. In one such game, he was hired to front a team called the "Satchel Paige All-Stars" and ended up pitching to New York Yankees great Joe DiMaggio, who called him "the best and fastest pitcher I've ever faced."

Paige also once opposed St. Louis Cardinals ace Dizzy Dean in a series of exhibition games, winning four of them. Afterward, Dean noted, "If Satch and I were pitching on the same team, we'd clinch the pennant by the fourth of July and go fishing until World Series time."
View Quote

Nothing like a good, woke thread hijack.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’ve seen the S&W 360 (the unfluted stainless steel cylinder version, not the titanium cylinder PD version) at around $600 and might be worth the extra to some since it also takes .357 Magnums.

Rising prices is why I decided to get a couple that I wanted NOW instead of waiting.  

View Quote

I'd jump on a 360 at that price around here.  I haven't seen one in stock anywhere in forever.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

All the reviews I have seen are pretty good, I mean for what it be. The one thing I have not felt is the trigger as the place that has it in stock keeps the dang locks on them. Ive seen some positive comments on that but who knows. I feel like I cant expect a ton from a stubby revolver.

But the want to throw one in some swimmy shorts this summer is there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Yeah I’ve never even handled one, so honestly my opinion is trash. One thing I do like about the new bodyguard is how they relocated the cylinder release. On j frames like the 442, it can chew you up a little with stout loads.

But the want to throw one in some swimmy shorts this summer is there.

I carry a 9x19mm Ruger SP101 w/ Hogue grips in the winter as a coat pocket gun.  I've bought the Sinister 3 revolvers:  a Dan Wesson .357, a Charter Arms Southpaw, and a S&W .38 M&P Bodyguard, all b/c they are lefty-friendly.  The Charter & the Smith are miserable w/ anything but very light loads.  Slow wadcutters are a pleasure, but anything heavier in a very light revolver w/ a tiny grip is brutal.  The Smith DAO trigger is fairly smooth, but I've not compared it to an LCR or a steel Centennial.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Bought the bodyguard

Trigger feels great. Time to put it through some motions
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bought the bodyguard

Trigger feels great. Time to put it through some motions
View Quote

Keep us posted!
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Sorry about the potato pic, but here's mine. M&P 340 w/ 9mm cylinder conversion, 36 no dash, 586 no dash, 28-2, 29-3, 19-5, 686 no dash, 629 Classic, 686 no dash, 66-2 & 637. Missing from the pic is another M&P 340 in .357 and a LCRX .22lr.
I love the 9mm 340 and carry it daily.

Edited to add the other M&P 340 and a 940 I forgot about.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#29]
9x19mm must be a handful in that.  You've got Hogues on it?  Who did the conversion?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
9x19mm must be a handful in that.  You've got Hogues on it?  Who did the conversion?
View Quote

I bought it off the EE a few years ago, but if I remember correctly, it's a Pinnacle conversion. The grips are actually Uncle Mike's and they do a good job with controlling the recoil, but yeah, 9mm is more lively than I thought it would be out of a scandium J frame.

Here's a couple of somewhat better shots of the cylinder...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

I folded like a house of cards.

Threw on a set of Hideout grips and have a lock delete plug enroute.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My Squeezers.  The blue is a flat-latch.  I haven't checked the dates yet.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/500949/Squeezers_jpeg-2272741.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Picked up the 1968 Smith 36 today - next to my 1970 Colt DS

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62064/20220209_200111_jpg-2274970.JPG

I folded like a house of cards.

Threw on a set of Hideout grips and have a lock delete plug enroute.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
 Just to help find the holster when inserting?  Or is it to keep the hammer from snagging on stuff?
View Quote

I don't have any first-hand experience, but I'd bet it's a combination of both.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Just to help find the holster when inserting?  Or is it to keep the hammer from snagging on stuff?

I’d say so, too.  I have the G-Code pocket holster and it definitely is a combination of both while still allowing you to easily cock the hammer while holstered.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/g-code-pocket-kydex-holster/

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I recently bought a J-frame and then this kydex holster for it.  It unexpectedly has a huge flare above the cylinder.  Is there some special reason for this?  Just to help find the holster when inserting?  Or is it to keep the hammer from snagging on stuff?  I have a mind to cut it off at the pencil line.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/48C78CC7-4B77-4A30-B073-C3D37E953C8A-2275930.jpg
View Quote

Should help the hammer from wearing through shirts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#41]
my double actions

Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I’d say so, too.  I have the G-Code pocket holster and it definitely is a combination of both while still allowing you to easily cock the hammer while holstered.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/GPH_02.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Just to help find the holster when inserting?  Or is it to keep the hammer from snagging on stuff?

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/GPH_02.jpg

Why the fuck would you want to cock a revolver's hammer while holstered?

MRW's holster prevents cocking of the revolver hammer when holstered b/c the holster prevents the cylinder from rotating by grabbing the cylinder flutes:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Ugly but practical.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Janz set in .454, .44, .357 and .22

Link Posted: 2/12/2022 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.hkpro.com/media/janz-jpg.273964/full
View Quote

Wow! Off to Google
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I bought it off the EE a few years ago, but if I remember correctly, it's a Pinnacle conversion. The grips are actually Uncle Mike's and they do a good job with controlling the recoil, but yeah, 9mm is more lively than I thought it would be out of a scandium J frame.

Here's a couple of somewhat better shots of the cylinder...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60767/ZUfMiWW_jpg-2273956.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60767/BSj4Pan_jpg-2273958.JPG
View Quote
Can you shoot +P's without them sticking?

I have a 342PD and a 642 with a Ti cylinder I fitted, thinking about having my old stainless 642 cylinder cut for 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can you shoot +P's without them sticking?

I have a 342PD and a 642 with a Ti cylinder I fitted, thinking about having my old stainless 642 cylinder cut for 9mm.
View Quote

Steel sticks in my 101.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Set of P&R 629’s.

586, 19 & 15

Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.hkpro.com/media/janz-jpg.273964/full
View Quote

Interesting kit! Looks expensive.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top