Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was that the one you were having custom parts made or something else?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That is one of the two custom revolver projects I had in the pipeline. The knuckleduster piece is a completely custom one-off part made by a shop in Arizona
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Mother of God, it’s gorgeous. I missed out on one at $700 a few months back
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How does it attach? I want to know everything
View All Quotes

More here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Just-For-Fun-Project-The-Apache-Pug-Pugsly-Von-Knuckleduster-lives-/33-198595/&page=4

But basically the knuckle piece fits snugly around the original frame of the Pug and is attached via screws. The shop in Arizona just finished it up and is shipping it back home to me, but once I get it there will be many more pictures/videos and discussion in the project thread
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

More here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Just-For-Fun-Project-The-Apache-Pug-Pugsly-Von-Knuckleduster-lives-/33-198595/&page=4

But basically the knuckle piece fits snugly around the original frame of the Pug and is attached via screws. The shop in Arizona just finished it up and is shipping it back home to me, but once I get it there will be many more pictures/videos and discussion in the project thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:

More here:

It’s a stupid amount of money, huh?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  I passed on this tonight after receiving the back in stock email

I think I want either 3” with combat sights or a 4” with target sights. And $1100 is steep…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184182/93F5BA81-A5A2-4651-BED8-CDEF0223C437_png-2444186.JPG
View Quote

Wish they'd offer their line in 9x19mm.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More here:

…Four figures just for the custom knuckles
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More here:

Lol good lord
Sounds damn steep, even if it’s custom work
It’s just bar stock, right?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lol good lord
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More here:

Lol good lord

Designed, cut, fit, finished all by hand. They didn’t have any instructions to follow. I basically sent them the Pug, pictures of the old Knuckleguns from the 1800s, and said MAKE. They figured out everything
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Designed, cut, fit, finished all by hand. They didn’t have any instructions to follow. I basically sent them the Pug, pictures of the old Knuckleguns from the 1800s, and said MAKE. They figured out everything
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More here:

Lol good lord

That wasn’t meant to minimize their efforts or skills lol

Is it attached under the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More here:

Lol good lord

Aye, an additional screw where the index finger stall contacts the frame:

In total it’s four screws into the frame of the gun and it’s also just cut in a way where the frame and knuckleduster fit together snugly like puzzle pieces
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Pretty sure you need to chrome it now w/ some gold inlays.  

It's awesome, and I'm very glad to know there are still smiths that are imaginative & do truly custom work.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I passed on this tonight after receiving the back in stock email

I think I want either 3” with combat sights or a 4” with target sights. And $1100 is steep…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184182/93F5BA81-A5A2-4651-BED8-CDEF0223C437_png-2444186.JPG
View Quote

I have the 4 inch with target sights. It is a joy to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally reaching out to Kirkpatrick to see if there’s any remedy for the terribly loose fit of this Pre-10

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Heres a old beat up pre10 I just tried my hand at french greying

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pretty sure you need to chrome it now w/ some gold inlays.  

It's awesome, and I'm very glad to know there are still smiths that are imaginative & do truly custom work.
View Quote

That may still be in the cards for it yet Just enjoying having it in hand for the time being now though.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dude, what is your art background? Your engraving is incredible.
View Quote

None really I can’t draw worth shit. I started out beating metal into submission building suits of medieval armor. And a friend is a Colt certified engraver Who convinced me to try my hand at it and thanks for the encouragement
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#19]
So, basically just a metal savant. Gotcha. Beautiful work.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Holy crap that is fucking gorgeous. I always like the Elmer Keith-style of deep engraving the gun and then refinishing in a dark blue or other finish over the top to make the contrast very subtle
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I want either 3" with combat sights or a 4" with target sights. And $1100 is steep

Are their revolvers any better than their autos? I would never consider one simply based on the problems with their core product, without the strongest recommendation from a very trusted source.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

None really I can’t draw worth shit. I started out beating metal into submission building suits of medieval armor. And a friend is a Colt certified engraver Who convinced me to try my hand at it and thanks for the encouragement
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re too modest. Seriously, that’s awesome
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#24]
@shack357

Shack357 was nice enough to send me a set of diamond magna grips for my 3.5” pre-27 five screw.  Unfortunately it was refinished before I got it and it lived a hard life.  Still is timed perfectly and shoots well.  I have a set of old Sambar stag grips and a Tyler T on it normally:

I have to say I think it looks better with the diamonds.

Thanks Shack!
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Nickel Model 19 P&R
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are their revolvers any better than their autos? I would never consider one simply based on the problems with their core product, without the strongest recommendation from a very trusted source.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I want either 3" with combat sights or a 4" with target sights. And $1100 is steep

I think they did a great job with their revolver. I have not had any problems nor heard of any. I wanted something a little different and I am glad I picked the Kimber. Lightweight, accurate, and a real nice trigger.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  @shack357

Shack357 was nice enough to send me a set of diamond magna grips for my 3.5” pre-27 five screw.  Unfortunately it was refinished before I got it and it lived a hard life.  Still is timed perfectly and shoots well.  I have a set of old Sambar stag grips and a Tyler T on it normally:

https://i.imgur.com/D6Z0qvu.jpg

I have to say I think it looks better with the diamonds.

https://i.imgur.com/GtKxYL5.jpg

Thanks Shack!
View Quote

That's so perfectly proportioned it looks small.  Pics next to another revolver or pistol?  Beautiful piece, and be grateful someone refinished it down the line, or it would be too valuable to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@schornstinefager
As the OP of this thread I shall be so bold as to say that if you need another model 10 to practice on, I’ll happily ship you mine. Awesome work Sir!
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Shot my 2" m10 today at a match. We dumped the bug after 6 rounds
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#30]
anyone have a Nambu model 60 ?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:28:54 AM EDT
[#31]
It shoots!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf2acqQgqwp/

I still can’t get the IG imbed function to work, sorry folks.

So it’s a functional revolver. Knuckle testing will happen as soon as the water jug that’s in my freezer finishes hardening up
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Im building a engraving shop on the river  and cleaning the one at the house . So i tried to get a family pic together only to realize i forgot about 6-10 naa type at the chimney shop engraving room sigh.  But hay im getting a idea what i have.   Fortunately I got it cleaned up before the wife got home lol

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It shoots!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf2acqQgqwp/

I still can’t get the IG imbed function to work, sorry folks.

So it’s a functional revolver. Knuckle testing will happen as soon as the water jug that’s in my freezer finishes hardening up
View Quote

heck yea
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  Im building a engraving shop on the river  and cleaning the one at the house . So i tried to get a family pic together only to realize i forgot about 6-10 naa type at the chimney shop engraving room sigh.  But hay im getting a idea what i have.   Fortunately I got it cleaned up before the wife got home lol

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ab282/Uralgunship/5DBD1C72-D6BF-4310-9F46-15C4EBA383BB.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
View Quote

That's a good looking picture.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Just picked up a new Ruger Wrangler Birdshead yesterday. Need to take pics.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File
S&W PC 686 Carry Comp
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#38]
My dang 38 bodyguard I bought several months back still broken

Looks like I hit Smith up in April for replacement parts

They still dont have them.

Firing pin safety broke
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I was finally able to shoot the 41 Mag.

It makes big holes in paper

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Firing pin safety broke
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Firing pin safety broke

Amateur hour

Wow
Very cool piece
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Out and about today I found a used Smith 642 w/ lock for $320 and a new RIA AL9.0 9mm revolver made in Czech for $300.  I'm leaning towards the 9mm revolver since the price is half of MSRP and 642s are common.  What are your thoughts if you could only buy one?
View Quote

9x19mm revolvers hit harder and are cheaper to shoot than .38 SPL.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Out and about today I found a used Smith 642 w/ lock for $320 and a new RIA AL9.0 9mm revolver made in Czech for $300.  I'm leaning towards the 9mm revolver since the price is half of MSRP and 642s are common.  What are your thoughts if you could only buy one?

Laughs in 158gr @ 1000-1250fps
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#46]
My modest collection:

Attachment Attached File

Left column, top to bottom:

4" S&W 686-2 which my Dad carried for about 12 years while working for the sheriff's department
Taylor's & Co. 1873 Cattleman in .357
EAA Bounty Hunter (with both .22 lr and .22 WMR cylinders)

Middle column:

S&W 38-2 in satin nickel, which was only done in limited numbers in the early 90's
S&W 10-5 manufactured 1977
Heritage Rough Rider

Right column:

6" Taurus Old Model 66
RIA A22 .22 lr
NAA Mini .22lr in NAA wallet holster registered AOW

Bottom:

Heritage Rough Rider Rancher carbine
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My modest collection:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/242045/Revolvers_jpg-2450812.JPG

4" S&W 686-2 which my Dad carried for about 12 years while working for the sheriff's department

Middle column:

S&W 38-2 in satin nickel, which was only done in limited numbers in the early 90's
Heritage Rough Rider

Right column:

6" Taurus Old Model 66
RIA A22 .22 lr

Bottom:

View Quote

Nice! Let’s both buy 6” pythons together lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My modest collection:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/242045/Revolvers_jpg-2450812.JPG

Middle column:

Heritage Rough Rider

Right column:

6" Taurus Old Model 66
RIA A22 .22 lr

Bottom:

View Quote

A wallet holster turns a NAA mini into an AOW?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

A wallet holster turns a NAA mini into an AOW?
View Quote

If it can be fired while inside the wallet holster, then, yes, it is an AOW.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nice! Let’s both buy 6” pythons together lol
View Quote

I've never been a fan of Colts (or Rugers, for that matter), as I prefer the S&W cylinder release.

I am thinking I need to add a 4" K-frame and some flavor of N-frame to the collection. I've had a 6" 629 and 5" 625 in the past, but got rid of them years ago.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top