Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yours has to be a Shareblue shill account.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t bother @Coax half of GD still think Khrushchev is still running the Soviet Union and the Berlin Wall is still up.

Make no mistake. The same people who dragged us into war in Iraq are trying to drag us into war with Russia.

TC

Putin aspires to become the czar and restart the Cold War.

Yours has to be a Shareblue shill account.

Are we really back to doing this again
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

One trick pony here. Just accuse everyone of being a paid shill and you don't have to engage in the argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a pretty transparent attempt to lump all "I'm not willing to side with Ukraine or Russia in this conflict and I don't believe what the media on either side is telling us" with the "crazy Q tards" and "Alex Jones retards".  Yours must also be a Shareblue shill account, this is blatant propagandizing/manipulation.

Yours must also be a Shareblue shill account, this is blatant propagandizing/manipulation.

One trick pony here. Just accuse everyone of being a paid shill and you don't have to engage in the argument.

I engage in the argument elsewhere.  On these posts you quoted I am simply addressing the propaganda technique being utilized.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You made a statement that you cannot prove.  The more you struggle the worse it will be for you.    

Considering that you claim that the ones not parroting your narrative are "Putin lovers", it only shows that you are very far from a reputable/credible information source.

So, from on I'll stop replying to your posts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought about who touches the information.  

In RT's case, since it belongs to the Russian state, any information will pass by a censor's desk at some point, if not multiple times, between someone writing it and it being published.

In the satellite imagery case, who touched that data between the photos/videos were taken and then they reached the intended audience?

So, I think we are all talking about chain of custody.
I always find this line of questioning information interesting because you are pretending as if you, a regular dude on the street, will actually ever have enough information about something like this to know the "truth".  Newsflash:  What you think you are entitled to is a fantasy. You will never be given access to classified data about this from either side. You will never see how things work behind the scenes to determine which information you are allowed to see. Your choice as a human being is either to live with the fact that you will always be partially in the dark, or continue to complain about the reality over which you have no control over.  All of that wailing and gnashing of teeth to try to figure out whether the US media or the Russian media is lying to you is a stupid exercise in futility. It also doesn't matter one bit. You either agree with what Russia is doing as a human being and as an American, or you don't.  Trust of media has zero to do with it.  If you want to read RT so that you can see Russia's made up justification for the war, have at it. If you want to read the New York Times to see what propaganda Ukraine and the State Department is putting out to justify giving weapons to the Ukraine, have at it. The only relevant question is whether giving Ukraine weapons serves US strategic interests. You won't find the answer to that in any media source.

And, because of that, "regular dudes on the street" have to swallow any bs that's spit on them?

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if there were mechanisms by which to validate information without relying on official sources?

Definitely.  And that's what we are discussing here.

And just because sometimes there's no agreement about the information credibility, it does not mean that is it "Russian talking points" as some try to imply.

When your points are direct from the Kremlin then they are in fact Russian talking points, and no, saying the ghost of kiev is fake isn't a Russian talking point, neither is healthy skepticism. But straight denial of everything in face of multiple sources of information with NO information to discredit it is plain stupid.

Until you can provide credible sources, anything you spew is nonsense and lies.  Your previous posts already made that quite clear.

So, right now you are just projecting.

Do you know what OSINT is? When you compile 5 sources of OSINT and they all say the same thing, you can make some reasonable judgements. Nothing I've said is a lie. Just because I'm not going to waste time wading through the archive doesn't make it untrue.

You made a statement that you cannot prove.  The more you struggle the worse it will be for you.    

libel

noun
1.The legally indefensible publication or broadcast of words or images that are degrading to a person or injurious to his or her reputation.
2.An incidence of such publication or broadcast.
3.The written claims initiating a suit in an admiralty court

Considering that you claim that the ones not parroting your narrative are "Putin lovers", it only shows that you are very far from a reputable/credible information source.

So, from on I'll stop replying to your posts.

Wrong again, I claimed you're a putin lover because you've defended him in the past. Not everyone that disagrees with me is a putin lover. It's only libel if it's untrue. I have no interest in wading through the archive to prove to you what you secretly know, even if you hide it publicly. With no names on archive posts it's useless anyway.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No.  What would "be nice"....in fact what we actually NEED is mechanisms by which to validate information without relying on official sources, AND, that don't involve the same media organizations, structures, and personnel who brought us:

- COVID will kill 15% of the population
- COVID vaccines are safe and effective
- High numbers of adverse events are not associated with the COVID vaccine
- Masks prevent the spread of COVID, except when they don't
- Trump was not being surveilled, that was a conspiracy theory
- The "Piss Dossier"
- Trump was colluding with Russia to get elected
- The DOJ did not get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump Campaign
- The DOJ DID get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump Campaign, but it was based on legitimate information
- The Election was completely legitimate, there was no cheating.  
- Accusations of changing the rules, unvalidated ballots being counted, refusals to purge voter databases of invalid names and addresses, and other such shenanigans are "debunked conspiracy theories that Trumpers won't let go".  
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In RT's case, since it belongs to the Russian state, any information will pass by a censor's desk at some point, if not multiple times, between someone writing it and it being published.

In the satellite imagery case, who touched that data between the photos/videos were taken and then they reached the intended audience?

I always find this line of questioning information interesting because you are pretending as if you, a regular dude on the street, will actually ever have enough information about something like this to know the "truth".  Newsflash:  What you think you are entitled to is a fantasy. You will never be given access to classified data about this from either side. You will never see how things work behind the scenes to determine which information you are allowed to see. Your choice as a human being is either to live with the fact that you will always be partially in the dark, or continue to complain about the reality over which you have no control over.  All of that wailing and gnashing of teeth to try to figure out whether the US media or the Russian media is lying to you is a stupid exercise in futility. It also doesn't matter one bit. You either agree with what Russia is doing as a human being and as an American, or you don't.  Trust of media has zero to do with it.  If you want to read RT so that you can see Russia's made up justification for the war, have at it. If you want to read the New York Times to see what propaganda Ukraine and the State Department is putting out to justify giving weapons to the Ukraine, have at it. The only relevant question is whether giving Ukraine weapons serves US strategic interests. You won't find the answer to that in any media source.

And, because of that, "regular dudes on the street" have to swallow any bs that's spit on them?

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if there were mechanisms by which to validate information without relying on official sources?

No.  What would "be nice"....in fact what we actually NEED is mechanisms by which to validate information without relying on official sources, AND, that don't involve the same media organizations, structures, and personnel who brought us:

- The "Piss Dossier"
- The DOJ DID get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump Campaign, but it was based on legitimate information
- Accusations of changing the rules, unvalidated ballots being counted, refusals to purge voter databases of invalid names and addresses, and other such shenanigans are "debunked conspiracy theories that Trumpers won't let go".  

OSINT.

You don't need the media.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

- The "Piss Dossier"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- The "Piss Dossier"

You have been politely told multiple times that many such sources exist and are being independently evaluated, validated, and used to form moderate and high confidence assessments that Russian troops have been doing some really bad things.  There are also individuals with access to classified sources that have done what they can to say whether or not that independent OSINT analysis is more or less aligned with work being done in official channels and have occasionally made note of the fact that not only is it aligned, many times it is both accurate and available ahead of official work.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You are crafting a strawman from a false dichotomy that the only sources of information available are MSM and whatever its positional antithesis might be.  You should not do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And just because sometimes there's no agreement about the information credibility, it does not mean that is it "Russian talking points" as some try to imply.

If it's RT, it's literally Russian talking points.  Dancing around it or glossing over that fact doesn't make it go away.  You have been told a 100% truth that this is the most well documented conflict in history and you are making an active choice to ignore a wealth of high confidence OSINT work in favor of headlines that line up with what you choose to believe.

If you go back, no one is questioning that RT is the Russian side, or propaganda.

What is being questioned is the information presented to the American public, which also comes from very questionable sources.

Therefore, as OP suggested, using RT to help figuring out where the truth really is might not be a bad idea.  I haven't gone to that website yet but might take a look.

The truth will be hidden somewhere between what the MSM and its cohorts have been vomiting and what Russia and China have been spitting.

The difficult part is filtering the useful stuff from the trash.

You are crafting a strawman from a false dichotomy that the only sources of information available are MSM and whatever its positional antithesis might be.  You should not do that.

I used "MSM and cohorts" as a general descriptive.  I agree there are many more sources in between the two extremes.

The big problem is how to find them.  

Even in this very website it is not easy to figure out what is real and what is not, mostly when there's a group hellbent on painting anyone and anything that do not flow with "free Ukraine!" narrative as "Russian propaganda".  

I read a couple posts talking about threads that try to impartially discuss what's going on using intelligence and military expertise.  Where are they?

Some that were started to discuss the backstage of that war were quickly trashed by that nonsensical discussion.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I engage in the argument elsewhere.  On these posts you quoted I am simply addressing the propaganda technique being utilized.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a pretty transparent attempt to lump all "I'm not willing to side with Ukraine or Russia in this conflict and I don't believe what the media on either side is telling us" with the "crazy Q tards" and "Alex Jones retards".  Yours must also be a Shareblue shill account, this is blatant propagandizing/manipulation.

Yours must also be a Shareblue shill account, this is blatant propagandizing/manipulation.

America is best country, America does no wrong, if you don’t like or question anything your masters do then you need to get out!
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

True about Ukrainians being affected, whether on this forum or not. Obviously I don't want any innocent people harmed.

It's just that the globalists have had a hard-on for a USA v. Russia war for years. Some normal folks who are usually (and rightfully so) wary of the propaganda media are eating up every BS story out of Ukraine as if it were fact. They are reverting to some cold war mindset about the Evil Empire. The "globohomos", if you will, have been pushing their agendas in Ukraine and subverting the ethnic Russian people there. Somehow many of us have been tricked into rallying alongside these globalists. Personally, I support the Ukrainian people, which is why I don't want to see tranny kids and hordes of third world immigrants become the norm there. If the globohomos win and establish control, you just know it will be.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556651/hillary_bogdanoff_jpeg-2338277.JPG
View Quote

You need to lead off with a trigger warning before you post an image as horrifying as that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

America is best country, America does no wrong, if you don’t like or question anything your masters do then you need to get out!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally nobody has said anything even remotely close to this. The US does bad and retarded shit all the time, but nowhere near as bad and retarded as Russia.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I used "MSM and cohorts" as a general descriptive.  I agree there are many more sources in between the two extremes.

Even in this very website it is not easy to figure out what is real and what is not, mostly when there's a group hellbent on painting anyone and anything that do not flow with "free Ukraine!" narrative as "Russian propaganda".  

I read a couple posts talking about threads that try to impartially discuss what's going on using intelligence and military expertise.  Where are they?

Some that were started to discuss the backstage of that war were quickly trashed by that nonsensical discussion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's RT, it's literally Russian talking points.  Dancing around it or glossing over that fact doesn't make it go away.  You have been told a 100% truth that this is the most well documented conflict in history and you are making an active choice to ignore a wealth of high confidence OSINT work in favor of headlines that line up with what you choose to believe.

If you go back, no one is questioning that RT is the Russian side, or propaganda.

What is being questioned is the information presented to the American public, which also comes from very questionable sources.

Therefore, as OP suggested, using RT to help figuring out where the truth really is might not be a bad idea.  I haven't gone to that website yet but might take a look.

The truth will be hidden somewhere between what the MSM and its cohorts have been vomiting and what Russia and China have been spitting.

The difficult part is filtering the useful stuff from the trash.

Those threads aren't anywhere you can get at them because the torrent of idiocy in GD drove them elsewhere where there are better noise filters and better contributors.  GD should probably take a break to ponder that dynamic.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Literally nobody has said anything even remotely close to this. The US does bad and retarded shit all the time, but nowhere near as bad and retarded as Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree, our country has done some pretty atrocious things.

Then again I’ve never lived in Russia.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Again, nobody is disputing the presence of bodies. What matters is who killed them, when, and how. Has it occurred to you that they may have been casualties of Ukrainian artillery? Casualties of both Russian and Ukrainian artillery?

The bodies are there. We can see that. The details and explanations attached to those bodies are words and propaganda, much like the bombed-out building in Iraq was a "baby milk factory" after it was blown up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I already pointed out the info around those. Corroborated with sat images.

Again, nobody is disputing the presence of bodies. What matters is who killed them, when, and how. Has it occurred to you that they may have been casualties of Ukrainian artillery? Casualties of both Russian and Ukrainian artillery?

The bodies are there. We can see that. The details and explanations attached to those bodies are words and propaganda, much like the bombed-out building in Iraq was a "baby milk factory" after it was blown up.

There's at least one more possibility, Ukrainians using this to settle scores, there's factions that hate each other, could be the pro Ukraines killed the pro Russians, the pro Russia side killed the pro Ukraine side. Could be innocent bystanders caught in the fighting. Could be the Russians picked some civilians and clapped them for the hell of it. Neither one of us knows, that's for sure and probably never know.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Of course I am. Cooperation between media and the government is a necessary element of conducting effective foreign policy and warfare.  There is a huge difference between HOW the US government and Russia conduct psyops, though. I'm general, the United States will tell the truth, even if it's only partially true. The US goal is to build trust in hard news and then use that trust to influence people's opinions about the "why" and the "what should we do" part of the equation because the American people have some level of control over their government and there is a high risk of protest and dissent if the government or the media are caught lying. There is almost no risk of that happening in Russia, so they don't have to be accurate or truthful. They just have to provide an explanation that keeps a revolution from happening.
View Quote

Is there another US government I don't know about or are we talking about the one in Washington DC that's lies to us continuously?????
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I literally said above that our government has done terrible things.

If you think we've done anything on the same level as Russia, then you are ignorant of history- especially if we're looking at the last 70 years or so. Nothing comes even close.

Let's even talk about their own troops. Hell, I went to AFG and IRQ in 2008 and 2010 with better gear AS A POGUE than Russian infantrymen have in 2022.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There's at least one more possibility, Ukrainians using this to settle scores, there's factions that hate each other, could be the pro Ukraines killed the pro Russians, the pro Russia side killed the pro Ukraine side. Could be innocent bystanders caught in the fighting. Could be the Russians picked some civilians and clapped them for the hell of it. Neither one of us knows, that's for sure and probably never know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for the part where the bodies were piled there while Russia controlled the town. We keep glossing over that part.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

OSINT.

View Quote

anyone remember when OSINT proved fraud and cheating in the 2020 election?  it was "the Kracken"

then it was conveniently debunked as myth and misuse of OSINT......

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

anyone remember when OSINT proved fraud and cheating in the 2020 election?  it was "the Kracken"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OSINT.

Remember when someone said OSINT doesn't have to be vetted and validated?  I sure as fuck don't.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sat images are from the 21st, when Russia was still occupying. Russia says those bodies didn't even exist then....so they're lying. Why would they do that?

For the ones with hands tied behind their backs, are you suggesting they did to themselves and then got killed by artillery?
View Quote

I think what is being implied might be the Russians detained a civilian, maybe for partisan activities, and Ukrainian arty struck nearby and killed a few Russians and the Ukrainian civilian.

That's a stretch. If the civilians were doing partisan stuff, they should be handled as such.  If they are innocent that's horrible, but when the Ukrainian govt starts arming civvies and you post children making molotovs on social media you start blurring the lines.

Remember,  bombing civilians to break the war machine is horrible. But it happens, and we used to be very very good at it ( see Dresden)
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OSINT.

Please show me where I said OSINT was perfect.

We can however, look at the aggregate OSINT coming in and make come to some reasonable conclusions.

Bucha is a great example.

what we have:

Sat pics of bodies while Russia was in control of the town
pics of bodies from the ground after liberation
hands tied
evidence of torture and rape
women and children dead
first hand witness accounts of atrocities
captured unsecured comms ordering killings, and talking about previous killings
video of troops sending looted stuff home

We can look at ALL of that and be reasonably certain what happened. You can also deny it if you like, but it's not a reasonable position in light of the evidence.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Remember when someone said OSINT doesn't have to be vetted and validated?  I sure as fuck don't.
View Quote

their there lies big part of the flaw. who is vetting and validating
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OSINT.

No shit, right?  

Not to mention, I'm TOTALLY convinced that the guy who calls people who refuse to gargle the wide ranging narrative "Q tards" and "morons who are driving down the collective intelligence of GD", is totally above the scrum and MUST be assessing that OSINT purely dispassionately and logically.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think what is being implied might be the Russians detained a civilian, maybe for partisan activities, and Ukrainian arty struck nearby and killed a few Russians and the Ukrainian civilian.

That's a stretch. If the civilians were doing partisan stuff, they should be handled as such.  If they are innocent that's horrible, but when the Ukrainian govt starts arming civvies and you post children making molotovs on social media you start blurring the lines.

Remember,  bombing civilians to break the war machine is horrible. But it happens, and we used to be very very good at it ( see Dresden)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sat images are from the 21st, when Russia was still occupying. Russia says those bodies didn't even exist then....so they're lying. Why would they do that?

For the ones with hands tied behind their backs, are you suggesting they did to themselves and then got killed by artillery?

Huge stretch. Especially with evidence of torture and rape.

There would be no partisans if Russia hadn't invaded...are you saying you wouldn't fight if the Chinese came tomorrow because you're a civilian? They are ALL innocent, civilian or not. They did not ask for this war.

Yes, we bombed civilians, now PGMs are a thing and civilized countries avoid it when possible.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No shit, right?  

Not to mention, I'm TOTALLY convinced that the guy who calls people who refuse to gargle the wide ranging narrative "Q tards" and "morons who are driving down the collective intelligence of GD", is totally above the scrum and MUST be assessing that OSINT purely dispassionately and logically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OSINT.

No shit, right?  

Right because you titans of intellect who ignore every single piece of evidence available are making GD look reasonable and intelligent.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

their lies big part of the flaw. who is vetting and validating
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

their lies big part of the flaw. who is vetting and validating

Nobody bothered to make more than a token effort to validate anything coming out of the Quackenverse, largely because most of the products from that sector were so laughably incompetent that it wasn't worth more than that token effort in doing so.

This is a wholly different dynamic.  There are some obviously fake reports coming out (i.e., Arma III footage passed off as real conflict), but those are being weeded out fairly easily.  The longer this drags out the more apparent reliable sources become.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nobody bothered to make more than a token effort to validate anything coming out of the Quackenverse, largely because most of the products from that sector were so laughably incompetent that it wasn't worth more than that token effort in doing so.

This is a wholly different dynamic.  There are some obviously fake reports coming out (i.e., Arma III footage passed off as real conflict), but those are being weeded out fairly easily.  The longer this drags out the more apparent reliable sources become.
View Quote

anyone who wants to be can now be an OSINT expert...
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you think we've done anything on the same level as Russia, then you are ignorant of history- especially if we're looking at the last 70 years or so. Nothing comes even close.

Let's even talk about their own troops. Hell, I went to AFG and IRQ in 2008 and 2010 with better gear AS A POGUE than Russian infantrymen have in 2022.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We destabilized a big part of the middle east. If we had left things alone ISIS would never have came into being. I would imagine the death toll from our actions is in the 100s of thousands between Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya. We bombed the fuck out of the former Yugoslavia and the people Bill Clinton bombed in bimbo eruptions. We're conducted drone strike all over killing who knows how many innocent bystanders. Ya'll were saying about attacking sovereign countries? The US has no room to criticize Russia.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody said that. But you can make some reasonable conclusions if you put a little effort into it.

Regardless, there are ACTUAL intel experts looking at the OSINT and offering their 2 cents. While some may be wrong, it's a lot smarter than "I refuse to believe anything ever".
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#28]
It still seems there are a lot of ways this kind of thing can happen.  I don't see any evidence of the caliber that we had for the Nazi death camps, for example.  There is no other way to explain the crematoriums, the gas chambers with the hundreds of death scratchings in the concrete walls, the thousands of personal testimonies, the recorded words of the Nazis themselves.

Meanwhile, I am pretty sure the United States is the ONLY military in history to NOT set up shop in a hospital in an attempt to either prevent being struck, or to create a Propaganda opportunity if they are struck. And that's still not 100%.

Show me a war where both sides did NOT commit atrocities of any kind.  Show me a war where innocents didn't get killed, sometimes in large numbers.

It's unfortunate if this occurred and those responsible should be found out and tried for war crimes.  If it can't happen now, then after the conflict is resolved it should be investigated.  

This looks to be yet another in a lengthening line of "events" that the Establishment is beating the public over the head with, in an attempt to ratchet up an Intervention on behalf of Ukraine by the West.  Intervention is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Post NATO forces on Poland's eastern border, make that the "Red Line", and let them fight it out until one wins.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Except for the part where the bodies were piled there while Russia controlled the town. We keep glossing over that part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does that preclude them from being killed by other Ukrainians? I'm not saying they were, just that they could have been. You or I either one don't know what happened.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We destabilized a big part of the middle east. If we had left things alone ISIS would never have came into being. I would imagine the death toll from our actions is in the 100s of thousands between Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya. We bombed the fuck out of the former Yugoslavia and the people Bill Clinton bombed in bimbo eruptions. We're conducted drone strike all over killing who knows how many innocent bystanders. Ya'll were saying about attacking sovereign countries? The US has no room to criticize Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we've done all those things, which all pale against things Russia has done, and is doing right now. I could list those things if you like, but I'm sure it won't matter to you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How does that preclude them from being killed by other Ukrainians? I'm not saying they were, just that they could have been. You or I either one don't know what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Common sense mostly. Were the buildings in ruins from arty? nope, not in Bucha. Are you suggesting Ukrainians snuck into an occupied town, tied their own people up, then killed them?

Ever hear of occams razor?

There is tons of evidence Russia did this. None that UKR did.

Why is this so important to you?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me ask you this simple question. Have the Russians earned the benefit of doubt? You and I both know they have not. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do you have any means to verify the authenticity of ANYTHING? The holocaust? were you there? The moon landing? D-Day? Were you there? Hell, I've never even seen an F35 in real life. Do they exist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

look at the pictures...corroborated by witness statements, and pictures on the ground. Ignore it all if you want, but it doesn't make you smart.

Do you have ANY mean to verify the authenticity of the pics ? Can you assure me they haven’t been manipulated in any way ?

I mean, nobody knew who maxar was 24h ago

Do you have any means to verify the authenticity of ANYTHING? The holocaust? were you there? The moon landing? D-Day? Were you there? Hell, I've never even seen an F35 in real life. Do they exist?

Good point. I like to assign probabilities to stuff like this. Both realities are possible. And if many-worlds theory is correct, then both realities actually exist. The wave function or whatever the fuck doesn't collapse until you step into that reality and observe it with your own eyes.

Does bigfoot exist? In North America, I'd say about 1-3% chance. Ten years ago I was probably at 7%. I think anyone who claims as fact that bigfoot doesn't exist is lying, because they can't disprove it. You can only minimize the probability. There's evidence for both sides. With the proliferation of trail cams these days, I'd say the odds are dwindling.

Did we land on the moon? Again, there's evidence for and against. I'm about 50/50 on that one. Holocaust, maybe 20/80.

For Russia and Ukraine, we don't have all of the information. In fact we know we're being bombarded with fake information. Psyops are an inherent part of warfare. I think one of the first things they do in an invasion is gain control of the radio towers.

All of this makes it really difficult (and probably foolish) to pick a side. Especially when nuclear winter is the stupid prize for playing this stupid game.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point of OSINT is that it is a collaborative cross-validation exercise amongst individuals that are not necessarily experts in the field.  I have learned a couple things over the past couple months and, as an admitted OSINT nooblet, was able to geolocate the operating area of a Ukrainian Mig-29 yesterday in under 20 minutes using a 30 second YouTube video.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good point. I like to assign probabilities to stuff like this. Both realities are possible. And if many-worlds theory is correct, then both realities actually exist. The wave function or whatever the fuck doesn't collapse until you step into that reality and observe it with your own eyes.

Does bigfoot exist? In North America, I'd say about 1-3% chance. Ten years ago I was probably at 7%. I think anyone who claims as fact that bigfoot doesn't exist is lying, because they can't disprove it. You can only minimize the probability. There's evidence for both sides. With the proliferation of trail cams these days, I'd say the odds are dwindling.

Did we land on the moon? Again, there's evidence for and against. I'm about 50/50 on that one. Holocaust, maybe 20/80.

For Russia and Ukraine, we don't have all of the information. In fact we know we're being bombarded with fake information. Psyops are an inherent part of warfare. I think one of the first things they do in an invasion is gain control of the radio towers.

All of this makes it really difficult (and probably foolish) to pick a side. Especially when nuclear winter is the stupid prize for playing this stupid game.
View Quote

Lazy cop out disguised as intellectualism.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Did we land on the moon? Again, there's evidence for and against. I'm about 50/50 on that one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

look at the pictures...corroborated by witness statements, and pictures on the ground. Ignore it all if you want, but it doesn't make you smart.

Do you have ANY mean to verify the authenticity of the pics ? Can you assure me they haven’t been manipulated in any way ?

Did we land on the moon? Again, there's evidence for and against. I'm about 50/50 on that one.

"I like to assign probabilities to stuff like this"
This is the most important thing you said, and I agree 100%. I will ignore the fact that we can prove we landed on the moon.

At any rate, I agree with this, and again, I will point out that we can take the aggregate of all the OSINT out there and come to some pretty reasonable conclusions. There is a ton of info from many sources. The probability is that Russia is committing war crimes, they are losing well over 10k men, and hundreds of tanks. There is also evidence Ukrainians are sometimes treating POWs poorly as well, but unsure to what extent. More evidence of them treating Russians well.

These are the probabilities.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nobody said that. But you can make some reasonable conclusions if you put a little effort into it.

Regardless, there are ACTUAL intel experts looking at the OSINT and offering their 2 cents. While some may be wrong, it's a lot smarter than "I refuse to believe anything ever".
View Quote

no kidding... there were was ACTUALLY someone claiming to be an ACTUAL US Military Intelligence Analyst with the 305th

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It still seems there are a lot of ways this kind of thing can happen.  I don't see any evidence of the caliber that we had for the Nazi death camps, for example.  There is no other way to explain the crematoriums, the gas chambers with the hundreds of death scratchings in the concrete walls, the thousands of personal testimonies, the recorded words of the Nazis themselves.

Meanwhile, I am pretty sure the United States is the ONLY military in history to NOT set up shop in a hospital in an attempt to either prevent being struck, or to create a Propaganda opportunity if they are struck. And that's still not 100%.

Show me a war where both sides did NOT commit atrocities of any kind.  Show me a war where innocents didn't get killed, sometimes in large numbers.

It's unfortunate if this occurred and those responsible should be found out and tried for war crimes.  If it can't happen now, then after the conflict is resolved it should be investigated.  

This looks to be yet another in a lengthening line of "events" that the Establishment is beating the public over the head with, in an attempt to ratchet up an Intervention on behalf of Ukraine by the West.  Intervention is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Post NATO forces on Poland's eastern border, make that the "Red Line", and let them fight it out until one wins.
View Quote
I'm sure it's super important to you, but do you really believe that what you think matters AT ALL to anyone that has decision making authority?  Do you believe it ever mattered when it comes to a decision about military intervention by any president?  The US Government is going to tell you what they are going to do based upon information you have zero access to and they aren't going to ask our opinion. They are going to tell you what they are going to do and they are going to tell you why they did it.  You are a spectator in this event, not a participant.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes we've done all those things, which all pale against things Russia has done, and is doing right now. I could list those things if you like, but I'm sure it won't matter to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure about that?  How many thousands of innocent Christians did ISIS line up and behead, burn alive, rape, rob, and kill over a decade?  WE MADE ISIS through political and military interventions!  Or more correctly, the Obama Administration made ISIS.  Same folks that politically corrupted Ukraine and used it as a base to work toward regime change in Russia, incidentally.  

By the same token, you could say that the US bears some responsibility for the current situation in Ukraine.  We politically took over Ukraine, installed a puppet "democratically elected" government with cooperation and assistance of NGOs and George Soros, poured Billions of dollars into it, and launched untold numbers of operations from there intended to destabilize Russia.  Finally, the US via the Biden Administration tells China and Poland that we will invite Ukraine into NATO.

Russia responds by invading Ukraine, killing lots of civilians.  Had the US not been up to it's crooked asshole in Ukraine, would Russia have invaded?  Or would they have just kept it within their realm of influence politically, without force?

Our own government hates half of it's own people including most of us on this site, and conducts operations against us constantly.  Fast and Furious ring a bell?  A lot of people got dead right here in the US and Mexico with guns deliberately trafficked by the US Government in order to pass laws against you and I.  Fuck if I'm going to support them in their fucking Boondoggle gone wrong.  Hate it for the people of Ukraine, they didn't have any choices in any of this shit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The point of OSINT is that it is a collaborative cross-validation exercise amongst individuals that are not necessarily experts in the field.  I have learned a couple things over the past couple months and, as an admitted OSINT nooblet, was able to geolocate the operating area of a Ukrainian Mig-29 yesterday in under 20 minutes using a 30 second YouTube video.
View Quote

kudos for the fast geolocating. that must have been a proud moment

it does not dismiss that OSINT is nothing more than a tool that can easily be manipulated and abused to spread disinformation
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

no kidding... there were was ACTUALLY someone claiming to be an ACTUAL US Military Intelligence Analyst with the 305th

https://miro.medium.com/max/1206/1*DjlaKvdytRQzRlbXuXEJ7g.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it, so you refuse to believe anything, ever.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are you sure about that?  How many thousands of innocent Christians did ISIS line up and behead, burn alive, rape, rob, and kill over a decade?  WE MADE ISIS through political and military interventions!  Or more correctly, the Obama Administration made ISIS.  Same folks that politically corrupted Ukraine and used it as a base to work toward regime change in Russia, incidentally.  

By the same token, you could say that the US bears some responsibility for the current situation in Ukraine.  We politically took over Ukraine, installed a puppet "democratically elected" government with cooperation and assistance of NGOs and George Soros, poured Billions of dollars into it, and launched untold numbers of operations from there intended to destabilize Russia.  Finally, the US via the Biden Administration tells China and Poland that we will invite Ukraine into NATO.

Russia responds by invading Ukraine, killing lots of civilians.  Had the US not been up to it's crooked asshole in Ukraine, would Russia have invaded?  Or would they have just kept it within their realm of influence politically, without force?

Our own government hates half of it's own people including most of us on this site, and conducts operations against us constantly.  Fast and Furious ring a bell?  A lot of people got dead right here in the US and Mexico with guns deliberately trafficked by the US Government in order to pass laws against you and I.  Fuck if I'm going to support them in their fucking Boondoggle gone wrong.  Hate it for the people of Ukraine, they didn't have any choices in any of this shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I'm 100% sure about that. Fucking something up and setting the stage for animals to act like animals isn't the same as what Russia has done or is doing.

Personally I find it pretty disgusting that anyone would compare these things. Do you need a list of the bullshit Russia has done?

Ukraine is a sovereign country that can apply for NATO membership if they wish. It is not justification for an invasion. That's absurd. Also, they were never invited to join, as they are ineligible.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is the most important thing you said, and I agree 100%. I will ignore the fact that we can prove we landed on the moon.

At any rate, I agree with this, and again, I will point out that we can take the aggregate of all the OSINT out there and come to some pretty reasonable conclusions. There is a ton of info from many sources. The probability is that Russia is committing war crimes, they are losing well over 10k men, and hundreds of tanks. There is also evidence Ukrainians are sometimes treating POWs poorly as well, but unsure to what extent. More evidence of them treating Russians well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I like where your head's at. Can you share with us some of your OSINT sources? Maybe you already did, I haven't finished reading the thread.

I'll add that I wouldn't make my criteria for picking sides to be based solely on who commits the worst atrocities. That's silly and emotionally based, and it's subject to disinfo and photoshop. There are going to be atrocities and collateral damage in any war. What the war is REALLY about is hard to say. But it possibly has something to do with NATO and infiltration of Ukraine by western "globohomo" forces.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

it does not dismiss that OSINT is nothing more than a tool that can easily be manipulated and abused to spread disinformation
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It proves the exact opposite. Lay people can find pretty good info with modern technology. For example, it was discovered pretty quickly that Kadyrov's videos were being shot in Belarus, not Ukraine as he claimed. The info is out there for anyone that cares. Clearly you prefer to remain ignorant.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ok, I like where your head's at. Can you share with us some of your OSINT sources? Maybe you already did, I haven't finished reading the thread.

I'll add that I wouldn't make my criteria for picking sides to be based solely on who commits the worst atrocities. That's silly and emotionally based, and it's subject to disinfo and photoshop. There are going to be atrocities and collateral damage in any war. What the war is REALLY about is hard to say. But it possibly has something to do with NATO and infiltration of Ukraine by western "globohomo" forces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are too many to post here, but if you're genuinely interested start reading the big thread. There's a combination of OSINT accounts on twitter and telegram, to include people currently on the ground and others doing work remote by geolocating, accounting casualties/destruction etc.

As far as the cause, why didn't Russia do something when Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia joined NATO? Ukraine is not even eligible for NATO membership. Putin uses these as excuses, but if you read into it further, it's clear these are just nonsense excuses meant for western audiences because it sounds somewhat plausible if you don't think about it much.

https://ccl.org.ua/en/news/ria-novosti-has-clarified-russias-plans-vis-a-vis-ukraine-and-the-rest-of-the-free-world-in-a-program-like-article-what-russia-should-do-with-ukraine-2/

Russia simply wants to de-Ukraine, Ukraine. They want to get the old band back together...they don't view Ukraine as a real country. Once they absorb Ukraine...guess what...they still have NATO on their borders. It's not about NATO.

The important part:

Denazification will inevitably also be a de-Ukrainization – a rejection of the large-scale artificial inflation of the ethnic component of self-identification of the population of the territories of historical Little Russia and New Russia, begun by the Soviet authorities.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s all debatable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you had been paying attention at all then you would have noted multiple people stressing the importance of using multiple sources to validate information and vetting the sources to determine which most consistently provide useful and accurate data and/or analysis.  Personally, I don't lean on provided analysis as much as provided data.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

definitely not a nihilist, but do admit being a terribly skeptical person; it goes hand-in-hand with being a critical, independent thinker

certainly not one for prescribing to whatever flavor of "mob group think" is being served for the day; even if it is dressed up as being something technical and analytical
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He failed to mention that the claimed association made it immediately obvious that the source was unreliable for the stated purpose.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If you had been paying attention at all then you would have noted multiple people stressing the importance of using multiple sources to validate information and vetting the sources to determine which most consistently provide useful and accurate data and/or analysis.  Personally, I don't lean on provided analysis as much as provided data.
View Quote

quite certain I was paying attention...

obvious how the misuse starts in OSINT... cherry pick sources that fit narrative; don't acknowledge ones that don't
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top