Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FAFO before Christmas?  I guess they found out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17524/69255.JPG
View Quote
Didn't it turn out that Obama did nothing to take away guns during his presidency - they got Obamacare passed, they surely could have gotten some gun stuff passed - why didn't they?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Do a little research on SEIU and see what it's true purpose is...
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It goes both ways. Why would you strike before Christmas?
View Quote

Or against Elon who seems to be on a streak?
Poor choices all around
Sucks for their kids though
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So a union boss decided to get a bunch of union members out of work just as a political gesture for the democrat party. The democrats have destroyed many a union in this country with this nonsense that unions only exist to service the democrat party.
View Quote
Truly anyone with the tiniest bit of logic or common sense would not believe now is the time to go on strike as a twitter employeee.
This is probably one of the best recent examples of union employees being used as a political cannon fodder.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Gawd, I love the free market and Capitalism.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or against Elon who seems to be on a streak?
Poor choices all around
Sucks for their kids though
View Quote

Soros probably paid their bosses to get them to strike against Musk during the Christmas season knowing full well
what the consequences would be and they would use that against Musk...

I'd be surprised if those were the actually janitors that lost their jobs instead of crisis actors street theater who got the real janitors fired.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#7]
No worries, they will just collect unemployment and grab those sweet handouts.  Elon will pay either way.  He did them a solid, the can sit at home for Xmas and get paid..
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didn't it turn out that Obama did nothing to take away guns during his presidency - they got Obamacare passed, they surely could have gotten some gun stuff passed - why didn't they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FAFO before Christmas?  I guess they found out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17524/69255.JPG

He placated Sarah Brady by telling her that they were working on something, then two things happened

- the dems lost control of Congress in the mid-terms.

- Fast & Furious (likely connected to the 'something' Obama had told Brady they were working on) became something more than a movie title.

Obama ended up with failing grades from the gun control crowd and the environmental crowd, because he focused on Obamacare when dems had enough seats in Congress to pass their agenda, then failed to deliver on much of his promises to them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is that picture from today?  Why are those retards still wearing masks?
View Quote

A mask is the Liberals MAGA hat
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m not anti union at all. That said, striking right before Christmas is a good way to get fired right before Christmas. Maybe wait till January next time?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Their contract was up on 12/09
I read there was already a new non-union company contracted, they may have already started.

Twitter is going to get sued due to bullshit San Francisco union law regarding how union contracts can be terminated.

San Francisco city officials have already started investigating that sleeping quarters were set up for the Twitter staff. "If overnight stays and sleeping quarters are/is occurring that would be against city code."
View Quote

From what I can tell, California is an at-will employment state:

https://legalbeagle.com/13720496-is-california-an-at-will-employment-state.html

"California is an at-will employment state, a fact provided for in California Labor Code Section 2922, which states that employment with no specified term may be terminated at the will of either party on notice to the other. Employment for a specified term means employment for longer than one month. The fact that California is an at-will employment state does not mean that a party can be terminated for any reason. A party cannot be fired for an illegal reason, such as religious discrimination."

That doesn't mean they won't try to sue, but how did that work out for the Hostess bakers a few years ago??
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Fucking idiots tried to blackmail Batman and are surprised picachus when he fires them? You sure?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Funny how quickly the ignorant show up to yell their nonsense.

Go to China, or India, or Vietnam, etc, to e see what the working conditions are without unions.

Go actually read history and see what it was like in the US before unions.

You blame guns for “gun crime”, right?  So it’s the unions fault corrupt people ruin some of them?  Not a perfect analogy, but it works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck unions

Go to China, or India, or Vietnam, etc, to e see what the working conditions are without unions.

You blame guns for “gun crime”, right?  So it’s the unions fault corrupt people ruin some of them?  Not a perfect analogy, but it works.

I love it when someone accuses others of being ignorant then reinforces the point by showing just how ignorant they themselves are.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Luckily for Elon, those very same San Francisco based politicians have been instrumental in importing millions of new workers who specialize in cleaning toilets and other menial tasks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

In China, the government owns everything, including the factories.  What could a union do against the government?

In India... Hard to know where to start, given the corruption and widespread public acceptance of practices that violate the basics of hygiene and public health.  The working conditions don't seem to be any worse than the living conditions.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Unions love that blow up rat thing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Elon Musk fired some H1B workers a few weeks ago.  Now he can rehire those H1B's at $10/hour as "Environmental Engineers".  
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Musk needs to make the union the bad guy here.  

Offer to hire back any of them outside the union.  Offer them $2 an hour more then they were making unionized, and tell them they will have even more money left over by not paying union dues.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Truly anyone with the tiniest bit of logic or common sense would not believe now is the time to go on strike as a twitter employeee.
This is probably one of the best recent examples of union employees being used as a political cannon fodder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So a union boss decided to get a bunch of union members out of work just as a political gesture for the democrat party. The democrats have destroyed many a union in this country with this nonsense that unions only exist to service the democrat party.

Yup.  The SEIU is more than willing to encourage its members to walk in front of a bus.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Their contract was up on 12/09
I read there was already a new non-union company contracted, they may have already started.

Twitter is going to get sued due to bullshit San Francisco union law regarding how union contracts can be terminated.

San Francisco city officials have already started investigating that sleeping quarters were set up for the Twitter staff. "If overnight stays and sleeping quarters are/is occurring that would be against city code."
View Quote

Did Twitter have a contract with the union or a contract with a third-party cleaning company?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here I edited out the dumb shit for you
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I got a notice I was being downsized with a pink slip right after my wife became pregnant and we signed a loan for our home. I was notified in December that it was taking place the first of the next year. It wasn’t that great of a holiday but I survived.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Time to move Twitter to Texas like he did Tesla.
View Quote

Yeah he’s going to have to move the HQ out of Kalifornia. They’re already ‘investigating’ him for employees sleeping in their offices against city Regis or some shit. Maybe not TX but Florida, hell I’d welcome here to GA.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because he spent all his effort on gun control. And lost the House in 2010.

Harry Reid didn't want to prioritize gun control because of the impact it had in the 94 election. And the big push was "healthcare" anyway. Obama didn't get the comprehensive immigration "reform", either.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck if it's close to Christmas

Those godless heathens ain't celebrating shit anyways so go get your shinebox or fuck off

Merry Christmas
View Quote

what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Why did they picket in front of Twitter instead of the cleaning company they work for?

Their beef wasn't with twitter, but instead with the company that employs them.

All Musk did was cancel the contract with a company he'd hired.

The way the story was written it sounded like Musk fired people that actually worked for him.

Our so-called media in this country should be ashamed of themselves.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In China, the government owns everything, including the factories.  What could a union do against the government?

In India... Hard to know where to start, given the corruption and widespread public acceptance of practices that violate the basics of hygiene and public health.  The working conditions don't seem to be any worse than the living conditions.
View Quote

Why would a communist utopia need unions?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why did they picket in front of Twitter instead of the cleaning company they work for?

Their beef wasn't with twitter, but instead with the company that employs them.

All Musk did was cancel the contract with a company he'd hired.

The way the story was written it sounded like Musk fired people that actually worked for him.

Our so-called media in this country should be ashamed of themselves.
View Quote

Stop messing with the narrative.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Musk did them a favor!  They are now free to find a better job that meets their requirements.

If you won't do you job and want to strike instead then who needs you?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah he’s going to have to move the HQ out of Kalifornia. They’re already ‘investigating’ him for employees sleeping in their offices against city Regis or some shit. Maybe not TX but Florida, hell I’d welcome here to GA.
View Quote
He's moved everything else to the Austin area. I could see him doing that with this. But we have enough people here already.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#35]
When you cut your work force as deeply as Twitter just did it makes sense to reduce janitorial staff.   How many janitors per floor did they have in that building?  

Be careful what you ask for in labor negotiations.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#36]
More evidence of MSM/DNC propaganda lies.
It's like 1984 and The Collected Works of Herman Goering are their instruction manuals.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is it appropriate to say they fucked around and found out?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
unions don't work on non skilled labor. ask the guys who stack apples at vons how that worked for them?
View Quote

It works for someone...the union management.

My nephew got a job bagging groceries and collecting carts at 16.5yo at the grocery store across the street. Got his first check and saw the union dues. Said fuck that and walked over to Subway to get a job.

You have to wonder how the unions conned a bunch of non-skilled laborers into giving them money for basically nothing in return, but then you just have to remember they're working a non-skilled labor job specifically because they aren't the brightest bulb on the strand.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck unions

Fuck unions.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

stop it, You know damn well its California, you know damn well how stupid California and Californians are and have been about masks since day one of covid... stop acting like your surprised to see a Californian wearing a mask in California so you can make and edgy anti-mask comment on arfcom....  
View Quote

lol, as you make a retarded edgy comment back?

Got it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He didn't fire those janitors, he fired their Union.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Three weeks before Christmas is a poor time to go on strike.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I love it when someone accuses others of being ignorant then reinforces the point by showing just how ignorant they themselves are.
View Quote

Welcome to the Dunning-Kruger effect everyone!

Lol, nice examples showing my ignorance!  Oh, you didn’t post any because you’re like the brainwashed liberal college kid who tries to take on some like Ben Shapiro with nothing but feelings based talking points given to them by their favorite talking heads.

Have you….YOU been to factories in India and China where kids work for 15 hours a day and basically get paid food (barely) for the day?  Have you been to these factories when a worker gets hurt?  They get whisked right off to the hospital and given the best treatment!  Oh….wait. The opposite happens.

And guess what, smart guy, the same thing happened here in America not 100 years ago.

So yeah, you’re ignorant. You don’t have a clue. Not a fucking clue.

You turned on the tv, your brain switched to a highly suggestive state, and you got fed bullshit.

Yeah, of course unions can and have become corrupt. No shit. You win the Pulitzer!  But guess what?  They all aren’t bad and they are the reason you don’t work 16 hours a day for 10 cents an hour.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fuck unions.

View Quote

Yeah, they can become corrupt, just like everything else here in America.

But before you open your mouth do me a favor. Go get a factory job in Vietnam. Or China.  Come back in a year and regale us with how awesome it is.

I’ll wait.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Tough fucking shit. It's the law of the jungle. Don't let the tiger bite you in the ass. Bitches.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess Janitors aren't as powerful or influential as they thought
View Quote

They all should have shit on the sidewalk to make a point. Would have been hilarious.

Probably would not have been noticed in SF.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck unions

So you are willing to work in the same conditions?

Unions even if you do not like it are why we enjoy a safe working environment, 8 hour work day and 5 day work week.

All of you need to look up working conditions during the industrial revolution in this country.

It amazes me how many of you are fine working for next to nothing in slave like labor conditions.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is that picture from today?  Why are those retards still wearing masks?
View Quote

you answered your own question
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top