SEIU was founded in the 1920's.
The NLRB was formed in the 1930's.

View Quote

He is confused with Obama allowing government employees to join SEIU
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that picture from today?  Why are those retards still wearing masks?
View Quote
You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Funny how quickly the ignorant show up to yell their nonsense.

Go to China, or India, or Vietnam, etc, to e see what the working conditions are without unions.

Go actually read history and see what it was like in the US before unions.

You blame guns for “gun crime”, right?  So it’s the unions fault corrupt people ruin some of them?  Not a perfect analogy, but it works.

View Quote

A lot of that was pre OSHA and a host of other laws. Non-Union jobs seem to be doing quite well and are not in any of the conditions of the other countries.
Unions have out-lived their usefulness.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Good. Refuse to work and I’ll refuse to pay. See how that works.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He's moved everything else to the Austin area. I could see him doing that with this. But we have enough people here already.
View Quote

Are you sure Austin is in Texas? They sure don’t act like it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm old so only guessing but is this one of those 'fuck around and find out' type of situations? Elon don't play Holmes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm old so only guessing but is this one of those 'fuck around and find out' type of situations? Elon don't play Holmes.
View Quote

Yes Gramps (), it is.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Welcome to the Dunning-Kruger effect everyone!

Lol, nice examples showing my ignorance!  Oh, you didn't post any because you're like the brainwashed liberal college kid who tries to take on some like Ben Shapiro with nothing but feelings based talking points given to them by their favorite talking heads.

Have you .YOU been to factories in India and China where kids work for 15 hours a day and basically get paid food (barely) for the day?  Have you been to these factories when a worker gets hurt?  They get whisked right off to the hospital and given the best treatment!  Oh .wait. The opposite happens.

And guess what, smart guy, the same thing happened here in America not 100 years ago.

So yeah, you're ignorant. You don't have a clue. Not a fucking clue.

You turned on the tv, your brain switched to a highly suggestive state, and you got fed bullshit.

Yeah, of course unions can and have become corrupt. No shit. You win the Pulitzer!  But guess what?  They all aren't bad and they are the reason you don't work 16 hours a day for 10 cents an hour.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it when someone accuses others of being ignorant then reinforces the point by showing just how ignorant they themselves are.

Lol, nice examples showing my ignorance!  Oh, you didn't post any because you're like the brainwashed liberal college kid who tries to take on some like Ben Shapiro with nothing but feelings based talking points given to them by their favorite talking heads.

Have you .YOU been to factories in India and China where kids work for 15 hours a day and basically get paid food (barely) for the day?  Have you been to these factories when a worker gets hurt?  They get whisked right off to the hospital and given the best treatment!  Oh .wait. The opposite happens.

And guess what, smart guy, the same thing happened here in America not 100 years ago.

You turned on the tv, your brain switched to a highly suggestive state, and you got fed bullshit.

Yeah, of course unions can and have become corrupt. No shit. You win the Pulitzer!  But guess what?  They all aren't bad and they are the reason you don't work 16 hours a day for 10 cents an hour.
No, the reason I don't work for pennies is that I have skills that command much more than that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
This was a planned PR event designed to make Twitter/Musk look bad.  Expect more.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This was a planned PR event designed to make Twitter/Musk look bad.  Expect more.
View Quote
Because firing all those twitter employees a month before doesn't matter

CA is at will employment
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#12]
dudes got "dont give a fuck money"
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Musk is seemingly all out of fucks.

I wish him well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it all burns to the ground.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Is Elon Musk reincarnated Howard Hughes?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
They bit the hand. Oops
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol SEIU. What a cum guzzling dumpster fire of incompetence and corruption.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is it appropriate to say they fucked around and found out?
View Quote

Yep!

Play stupid games and all that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Zero Fucks Given.   They should not have protested after the 20 (probably excess, like everything else at Twitter) were let go.
Unions today mostly stand for paying people as much as possible for doing as little as possible, and zero accountability for fuckups.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, they can become corrupt, just like everything else here in America.

But before you open your mouth do me a favor. Go get a factory job in Vietnam. Or China.  Come back in a year and regale us with how awesome it is.

I’ll wait.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quite possibly the most easily replaceable worker on planet earth. Where the hell did they get the idea that they had any bargaining power?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 3:39:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So you are willing to work in the same conditions?

Unions even if you do not like it are why we enjoy a safe working environment, 8 hour work day and 5 day work week.

All of you need to look up working conditions during the industrial revolution in this country.

It amazes me how many of you are fine working for next to nothing in slave like labor conditions.
View Quote

LOL, our union actually fought for a pay cut. Oddly enough, they won. Nothing like being forced to work 10 yours of OT a week for straight pay. Their reps stood before congress and said we wanted it because it would make our paychecks "more predictable". There was never a vote amounts members and of course it was bullshit. Strong work NBPC. Corrupt fucks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Of course it was.  And a clumsy and transparent one to boot.  Surely it wasn't a coincidence that Musk had just this week started exposing the libtards' election shenanigans.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So they decided to protest having a job instead of working and now have more time to protest. Winning.
View Quote
Got a nice chuckle out of this.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#25]
My personal experience with and why I detest unions comes from when I worked for UPS. I was there during the Teamsters strike in the 90's.   The main issue was who controlled the pension.   UPS was paying millions into a Teamster's pension that went to fund many other companies besides UPS employee pensions.   UPS wanted to create their own pension fund for employees that they would pay less into and employees could get more.  

UPS offered all the employees a several dollar an hour raise and a cash bonus of $500-1,000 with the condition that they would control the pension.  Most employees wanted to vote on it and it would have likely passed.  The union would not allow a vote.  Eventually the strike ended and we all got a $.25 an hour raise, and no bonus, but most importantly to the union, the teamsters maintained control of the pension money.  

So those who claim how great unions make the work environment can go suck it.  The unions are in it for themselves,  not their members.   I had a buddy who worked at non-union FED-EX who was making more then I was, and had better benefits, then me at unionized UPS.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol, nice examples showing my ignorance!  Oh, you didn’t post any because you’re like the brainwashed liberal college kid who tries to take on some like Ben Shapiro with nothing but feelings based talking points given to them by their favorite talking heads.

Have you….YOU been to factories in India and China where kids work for 15 hours a day and basically get paid food (barely) for the day?  Have you been to these factories when a worker gets hurt?  They get whisked right off to the hospital and given the best treatment!  Oh….wait. The opposite happens.

So yeah, you’re ignorant. You don’t have a clue. Not a fucking clue.

Yeah, of course unions can and have become corrupt. No shit. You win the Pulitzer!  But guess what?  They all aren’t bad and they are the reason you don’t work 16 hours a day for 10 cents an hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it when someone accuses others of being ignorant then reinforces the point by showing just how ignorant they themselves are.

Lol, nice examples showing my ignorance!  Oh, you didn’t post any because you’re like the brainwashed liberal college kid who tries to take on some like Ben Shapiro with nothing but feelings based talking points given to them by their favorite talking heads.

Have you….YOU been to factories in India and China where kids work for 15 hours a day and basically get paid food (barely) for the day?  Have you been to these factories when a worker gets hurt?  They get whisked right off to the hospital and given the best treatment!  Oh….wait. The opposite happens.

Yeah, of course unions can and have become corrupt. No shit. You win the Pulitzer!  But guess what?  They all aren’t bad and they are the reason you don’t work 16 hours a day for 10 cents an hour.

And yet here you are singing their praises.

I'm well aware of the history of unions in this country. Now we have OSHA and the Federal government enforcing labor laws.

You need to take a couple Midol, sit on a tampon, and calm the fuck down Karen.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didn't it turn out that Obama did nothing to take away guns during his presidency - they got Obamacare passed, they surely could have gotten some gun stuff passed - why didn't they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FAFO before Christmas?  I guess they found out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17524/69255.JPG
Didn't it turn out that Obama did nothing to take away guns during his presidency - they got Obamacare passed, they surely could have gotten some gun stuff passed - why didn't they?

2010 midterms
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's gonna be a no from me dawg.

Maybe they're the reason YOU don't work 16 hours a day for 10 cents an hour, but plenty of us have skills beyond that and enough brain cells to rub together to make our own decisions and negotiations.

It only takes a village for the village idiots.  

Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

FPNI!
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you guys remember that 'illegal migrant walk out day' or whatever the fuck it was back around 2005?

It was when the illegals started getting really brazen to the point that they organized a day where illegals that actually had a job would not show up for work that day in protest?

Well, I worked at a large company in Florida. We had a nightly cleaning crew that from the few times I saw them was 99.9% Mexican women that basically couldn't speak 2 words of english.

When the 'protest' happened, they happened to not show up that night and the next day all of our office trash cans were still full and the 3 paperclips on the floor happened to still be on the floor. I found out a few days later that whoever dealt with the contact fired them a day or two later for not showing up. The rest of us basically laughed at this 'protest' as the only effect it had on us had you gotten deported because you're an illegal, was that we needed to take out our own trash at the end of the day - Your terms are acceptable.

Link Posted: 12/9/2022 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

Fuck the SEIU Marxist Union!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

New copy pasta? Lol
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#33]
"If you can scrub a toilet, you can learn to code!"
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is that picture from today?  Why are those retards still wearing masks?
View Quote

All the sidewalk feces?
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top