Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Frankly, OP I think you’re a little premature.  Let’s wait and see how the Bronco is received before we start shitting on a proven off-road platform.

I’m glad to see more competitors on the market. I hope that it forces Jeep and others to up the game. In the end us consumers will benefit the most from an improved product.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I haven't seen the "angry unibrow" Jeep grill yet, nice.

https://www.ar15.com/media/images/xAvatar/374770.jpg
View Quote
If you're implying that my jeep has that, look again.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yeah ok, after 75 years I'm sure that ford thing will be the final nail in the coffin for the wrangler. I mean they have one foot in the grave already right.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery well the engineers at jeep should be extremely flattered. Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And putting a Hemi in a Jeep serves what purpose other than appeasing the "muh pushrod v8" boomers and snapping axles in half. And I will also believe it when I see it, that stunt they pulled was a concept in an attempt to stir up Jeep owners on the eve of thier destruction.

ETA if it does come to fruition it will likely clock in at about $75k is my guess

yeah ok, after 75 years I'm sure that ford thing will be the final nail in the coffin for the wrangler. I mean they have one foot in the grave already right.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery well the engineers at jeep should be extremely flattered. Lol
The Jeep engineers who deserve any credit have been long dead.  

What exactly has Fiat Chrysler "innovated" with the jeep recently?  You want us to send a wheel of parmesan to Giuseppe to congratulate him for throwing a spaghetti diesel the current Wrangler ?  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I didnt know they put a GM 5.3 in a Jeep.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm enjoying my newish JKU Rubicon. It drives on road like I'd expect a SFA off road vehicle to drive. It drives off road amazingly well for being mostly stock. The low end power leaves a LOT to be desired though. I wish it had a deisel in it. It's manual and so far it's be great crawling on rocks.

This Bronco looks really cool too. Depending on how they shape up, may end up adding one of those to the stable too. They look fun.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have you been hiding in a hole the last 9 years?

The one thing Ford's EcoBoost engines do undeniably well in truck applications is deliver low end torque.

The 2.7L EB in the F-150 produced 400 lb-ft of torque, and it hits that number at 2,750 RPM.
View Quote
Apparently so.

I have had zero interest in the EB engines and have only seen the complaints from some owners, mostly posted here, about having to jeep them spun pretty high and the resulting poor gas mileage
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's almost always cheaper to buy a well depreciated example to build to a high spec than purchase new and outfit even lightly.

Especially if the labor is solely your own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd probably be out less cash in the long run to just SAS the 4R

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0a/fc/99/0afc990ec1ee2026c256c766c2667890.jpg

It's almost always cheaper to buy a well depreciated example to build to a high spec than purchase new and outfit even lightly.

for sure, it was mostly about building something then buying something else to build.

process repeats itself
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
This Bronco is what the new Defender should have been.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A client of mine has an AEV JKU with a Hemi. It's pretty sweet.

I'm sure AEV will do a Bronco. Their prospectors are also pretty sweet.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/prospector-xl-32.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care for Ford and I don't care for jeep

But quite frankly Op, Ford is not going to put a over 700 horsepower v8 In such a thing

But it looks like Jeep will

@proheromk1

And putting a Hemi in a Jeep serves what purpose other than appeasing the “muh pushrod v8” boomers and snapping axles in half. And I will also believe it when I see it, that stunt they pulled was a concept in an attempt to stir up Jeep owners on the eve of thier destruction.

ETA if it does come to fruition it will likely click in at about $75k is my guess

coworker has a sema AEV Wrangler with a hemi in it.

also has dana 60's

A client of mine has an AEV JKU with a Hemi. It's pretty sweet.

I'm sure AEV will do a Bronco. Their prospectors are also pretty sweet.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/prospector-xl-32.jpg

what all the youtube and IG folks are going to since everyone else has endless content on Land Cruisers and 4Runners.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does it have vinyl seats and floors I can wash out with a garden hose?
View Quote

It has built in drain plugs in the floorboards for spraying out the interior.  Allegedly all electronics are sealed where it counts.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol I have nerver understood the need to fanboy and identify myself through the success of something I like and failure of something I don’t like.  Any company getting into the off-road game seriously is a good thing. The more competition the better, it usually makes everyone better.

I loved it when Toyota released the FJ. While it wasn’t for me you would be a crazy baby fanboy(like OP) to not love competition.  Plus he has never even sat in the bandwagon he is now jumping on.

Disclaimer: TJ and TRD Pro owner. Bronco looks nice, curious to see how it performs.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Apparently so.

I have had zero interest in the EB engines and have only seen the complaints from some owners, mostly posted here, about having to jeep them spun pretty high and the resulting poor gas mileage
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one thing Ford's EcoBoost engines do undeniably well in truck applications is deliver low end torque.

The 2.7L EB in the F-150 produced 400 lb-ft of torque, and it hits that number at 2,750 RPM.
Apparently so.

Larger (for their class) small displacement engines and small-ish turbos do very well in the low end torque department. The quick spool time really piles on the power at lower RPMs.

Hell, my largely stock Neon SRT4 made almost 400 lb ft of torque at the wheels with just a tune and exhaust. That was a 2.4l 4 cylinder from the early 2000's.

That fucker spun the tires through 3rd at wide open throttle.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

for sure, it was mostly about building something then buying something else to build.

process repeats itself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd probably be out less cash in the long run to just SAS the 4R

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0a/fc/99/0afc990ec1ee2026c256c766c2667890.jpg

process repeats itself

I'm familiar... the journey not the destination.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This Bronco is what the new Defender should have been.
View Quote

It would have been if Ford kept Rover - so count your blessings.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ha, it's a Ford!
View Quote
FPNI

fucking ifs
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Based on the social media presence of 99% of the local Jeep clubs, American off-roading is accomplished as soon as you leave a paved surface.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

KOH/Baja/large trucks/military/etc...are highly modified and/or one-off custom designs designed for the specific application.  You can't fairly compare them to a mass-produced production vehicle marketed to soccer moms.  

My last 4 DD's have been 3/4-1 ton trucks with a SFA, and I won't have it any other way.  The strength, simplicity, and the suspension options in the future appeal to me.  

Oh, and well...:

So wait...

Purpose built high performance IFS rigs can't be a part of the conversation, but 4-linked buggies with 18" coilovers and full hydraulic steering are within the realm of possibilities when talking SFA? The effort required to make any mass-produced vehicle perform on that level is comparable, whether IFS or SFA.

It'd be cool if the Bronco is using the same upper/lower setup found on the new Raptors, because that'd open the door for some really killer long travel setups without having to wait for the aftermarket to develop new parts. After the thorough letdown that the new Defender was, this definitely has my interest.

Having spent the last 20 or so years asking IFS v SFA questions to about every design team, automotive engineer, race managers, component dev, competitors, wheelers and local shop I've get access boils down to this.

Once you get past ingrained preconceptions, the issues more a complete misunderstand of goal oriented vehicle engineering and a very narrow belief, particularly American, about it what constitutes "off-roading"

Based on the social media presence of 99% of the local Jeep clubs, American off-roading is accomplished as soon as you leave a paved surface.

Truly, and could be accomplished by a lot of shit not necessarily taking advantage of inherent advantages of SFA designs. But that's not at all fair to Jeep, who has translated particular design features into an broad iconic, almost rabid, following - and sustained profitable sales success. Getting consumers to accept, really embrace, design limitations and costs, for use patterns that for most, are entirely unnecessary. Where most other mfgs have failed. FCA has not fucked up this trend, so Kudos.

But this is always true, and I've often said, consumer vehicles are bought more for what the buyer wants to say about himself - mostly to himself - than the actual use cases.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What exactly has Fiat Chrysler "innovated" with the jeep recently?  You want us to send a wheel of parmesan to Giuseppe to congratulate him for throwing a spaghetti diesel the current Wrangler ?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And putting a Hemi in a Jeep serves what purpose other than appeasing the "muh pushrod v8" boomers and snapping axles in half. And I will also believe it when I see it, that stunt they pulled was a concept in an attempt to stir up Jeep owners on the eve of thier destruction.

ETA if it does come to fruition it will likely clock in at about $75k is my guess

Yeah gargle that ford cum some more, now swallow it. You enjoyed it didn't you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Better approach? The bronco has the better break over angle but it also has a slightly shorter wheelbase. And the rubicon only has 33” tires.
http://pic100.picturetrail.com:80/VOL351/7575719/17768489/414451248.jpg

Better crawl ratio? Only with the manual trans in the bronco, the jeeps auto gets a better crawl ratio than the bronco auto. Disconnecting sway bar? Welcome to 2007
View Quote

I saw slightly different angles listed.  So, the manual is the way to go anyway.  And what's your point in the sway?  Should it not have it because it's been done before?  It's a useful feature that the would have been touted as an advantage for the Rubicon if they didn't add it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I saw slightly different angles listed.  So, the manual is the way to go anyway.  And what's your point in the sway?  Should it not have it because it's been done before?  It's a useful feature that the would have been touted as an advantage for the Rubicon if they didn't add it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better approach? The bronco has the better break over angle but it also has a slightly shorter wheelbase. And the rubicon only has 33” tires.

Better crawl ratio? Only with the manual trans in the bronco, the jeeps auto gets a better crawl ratio than the bronco auto. Disconnecting sway bar? Welcome to 2007

Sway bar disconnect is an unneeded nuisance. Hope ford’s version is more reliable.

Antirocks are better.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lol I have nerver understood the need to fanboy and identify myself through the success of something I like and failure of something I don’t like.  Any company getting into the off-road game seriously is a good thing. The more competition the better, it usually makes everyone better.

I loved it when Toyota released the FJ. While it wasn’t for me you would be a crazy baby fanboy(like OP) to not love competition.  Plus he has never even sat in the bandwagon he is now jumping on.

Disclaimer: TJ and TRD Pro owner. Bronco looks nice, curious to see how it performs.
View Quote

Funny, the only people I see in here acting like “crazy baby fanboy” hurling insults are the Jeep owners. Go figure. Already made it clear, I don’t have a dog in the fight, but sure was easy to get everyone who claims to not give a shit spun right up.

It’s literally a who’s who of Jeep avatars in here defending fiat.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

4.88 gears x 4:1 transfer case x 4.46 1st gear = 87:1 crawl ratio.

Best. Crawl. Ratio. Ever.
View Quote

That’s why I mentioned tire size, 87:1 on 35s gives you taller effective gearing than 73:1 on 31s.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Funny, the only people I see in here acting like "crazy baby fanboy" hurling insults are the Jeep owners. Go figure. Already made it clear, I don't have a dog in the fight, but sure was easy to get everyone who claims to not give a shit spun right up.

It's literally a who's who of Jeep avatars in here defending fiat.
View Quote
Dude, you're fucking delusional. You post a thread talking shit and then act all put out that you get called for acting like a child. You're a fucking troll.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Apparently so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently so.

There's engine RPMs and then there's the turbos.

The turbos on EcoBoost engines are designed to spin up at much lower engine RPMs that what people traditionally expected. In performance cars from the '90s and earlier, the larger diameter turbos wouldn't spin up until the engine was already at a relatively high RPM, and then there'd be a sudden wall of power. Some examples had a reputation for being straight up manic when that power hit. The EcoBoost and similar turbos are smaller in diameter, spin up at lower RPMs, and offer much more linear and predictable power delivery.

The EcoBoost guys talking about fuel economy aren't talking about keeping the engine RPMs spun up. It's whether or not the turbos are in boost. There's some stoichiometric math and theory there, and different philosophies apply. Using Ford as a reference, compare the EcoBoost half tons to the new 7.3L Godzilla pushrod V8 HD pickups.

Most half tons run around unloaded or lightly loaded. The most common cargos are things like furniture, appliances, camping gear, power equipment, and things like that. A couch, a washer and dryer set, or an ATV in the bed doesn't really move the needle much, and in these scenarios, an EcoBoost or similar small displacement turbo engine is much more efficient than a larger naturally aspirated engine. The EcoBoost or similar engines have the big power available to deliver under heavy load, but the efficiency math is completely different, and they get very thirsty very quickly.  

That efficiency math is why the 7.3 exists. HD pickups and medium trucks tend to be loaded down all day every day, and under heavy load, naturally aspirated engines are more efficient than anything forced induction.

Here's an article that kind of explains it: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a26306469/ford-super-duty-73-v8-engine-details-specs/
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#26]

I thought this was a Photoshop joke, because that looks terrible and has to be fake.  I googled Ford Bronco. Omg.  It's real.

Real fuckin stupid looking!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Thread title turned out to be spot on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Funny, the only people I see in here acting like “crazy baby fanboy” hurling insults are the Jeep owners. Go figure. Already made it clear, I don’t have a dog in the fight, but sure was easy to get everyone who claims to not give a shit spun right up.

It’s literally a who’s who of Jeep avatars in here defending fiat.
View Quote

Says the guy starting shit.  

Go play with yourself in your little Bronco.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dude, you're fucking delusional. You post a thread talking shit and then act all put out that you get called for acting like a child. You're a fucking troll.
View Quote

I’m not put out in the least, but thanks for proving the point. So angry.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thread title turned out to be spot on.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not put out in the least, but thanks for proving the point. So angry.
View Quote
lol, whatever sport.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#32]
So do Jeeps come with undercoating? Cause y'all are salty as fuck.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok.  So if the bronco does what they say it does.

whats Jeeps move?

put rubicons at a reasonable price?
add power?
make lower end models that have Offroad features?

their business model just went down the tubes.

personally j hope it lowers the used market if anything.  I wouldn't mind buying a Jeep, but not paying what they go for.

i miss my XJ mostly.  Was best Jeep.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#34]
It seems from the group of people I know that are in the market, the bronco will take more from the toyota fan base than jeep.  

I've spent a bit of time in a lifted JL rubicon.  It drove fine, had decent power around town with the 8 speed auto, and was generally a comfortable, capable off roader.  the issue i had with it was that even with its mild lift and 35s, I would be at risk of splitting suit pants hiking my leg up into it every day, and my wife would have a really hard time getting in and out on the reg.  

I think that is why there are a lot more people from the toyota camp interested in a bronco than from the jeep camp.  people that off road a toyota already have made the choice between interior space, ride quality, and capability.  there are a lot of toyota guys running around with high dollar suspensions on their 4runner or tacoma and 33" tires, because of the amount of hassle required to go to a 34 or 35" tire.  The ability to drive out of the dealership with something similarly comfortable inside and as easy to get in and out of as their 4runner or tacoma with factory 35s and not really far from 37s is a big deal for a lot of toyota folks.  We will see how the bronco does on the trails once it comes out, but on paper it looks to be very close or as good as a stock rubicon unlimited in capability, with better ride, comfort, and handling out of the box.  

I was a little annoyed when i looked through the build tool for the gladiator and JL and saw that even after you're dropping the coin on a rubicon, they charged extra for literally everything.  auxiliary switches pre-wired: extra $800, winch ready bumper: extra, 12v power outlet in the bed of the gladiator: extra, and so on.  It is refreshing to see that the aux switches are standard on most of the more offroad oriented versions of the bronco, maybe it will force FCA to include more stuff as standard and shorten the options sheet a bit.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread seems like a Non Jeep owners crying room thread.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The turbos on EcoBoost engines are designed to spin up at much lower engine RPMs that what people traditionally expected. In performance cars from the '90s and earlier, the larger diameter turbos wouldn't spin up until the engine was already at a relatively high RPM, and then there'd be a sudden wall of power. Some examples had a reputation for being straight up manic when that power hit. The EcoBoost and similar turbos are smaller in diameter, spin up at lower RPMs, and offer much more linear and predictable power delivery.

The EcoBoost guys talking about fuel economy aren't talking about keeping the engine RPMs spun up. It's whether or not the turbos are in boost. There's some stoichiometric math and theory there, and different philosophies apply. Using Ford as a reference, compare the EcoBoost half tons to the new 7.3L Godzilla pushrod V8 HD pickups.

Most half tons run around unloaded or lightly loaded. The most common cargos are things like furniture, appliances, camping gear, power equipment, and things like that. A couch, a washer and dryer set, or an ATV in the bed doesn't really move the needle much, and in these scenarios, an EcoBoost or similar small displacement turbo engine is much more efficient than a larger naturally aspirated engine. The EcoBoost or similar engines have the big power available to deliver under heavy load, but the efficiency math is completely different, and they get very thirsty very quickly.  

That efficiency math is why the 7.3 exists. HD pickups and medium trucks tend to be loaded down all day every day, and under heavy load, naturally aspirated engines are more efficient than anything forced induction.

Here's an article that kind of explains it: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a26306469/ford-super-duty-73-v8-engine-details-specs/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently so.

Prolly to much for most folks here, but good analysis

Regardless of all the feelz expressed here - I haven't been able to get into reservation page for quite a bit now. Evidently Ford gets it. We'll see if their still getting it 5 years from now.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Modern brakes don’t fit behind 15” rims anymore.
View Quote

Meh you can do it. I have 2010 JKU with 15s. They clear by a tiny bit lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah...I really hate it. WTF happened to this? Make this one!!!!

https://www.theautohost.com/_clients/BICU/_pages/BICU70636-Bronco/images/header.jpg
View Quote

That was some fan rendered project, that physically could not have half the features this one has
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Surprised they don't offer and option for that personally. Call it the Moab Edition.
View Quote

There are some rumors they might, from the same source that said 7 speed manual and factory 35s, so who knows.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tj owner. Not Crying,  if it had solid axle I would consider a Wildtrak .

Guarantee I will NOT see one where I wheel .

Guarantee I WILL see one when I take my girls to town for Ice Cream .

ETA : What the Hell are " Beadlock Capable Wheels " ?
View Quote

Bead locks are not dot compliant so they have to sell a piece after market
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Based only on their site, it appears that they may have gotten this part right.

There’s a base model for people who want a blank slate to upgrade, a “Black Diamond” model that looks like what I’d want (as simple as possible, not covered in chrome and gadgets), and several models with varying level of doodads for the soccer moms.

The only thing I see that I definitely don’t like is that even the base model comes with a 8” screen in the dash.
View Quote

All cars have to have a backup cam. Ford sync is pretty good
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point is it’s nothing ground breaking or really innovative. The bronco has a great set of features from the factory. Ford had the specs on the jeeps and knew their capabilities from the start and knew what numbers it needed to beat to look good on paper. How it actually will perform in real life remains to be seen, but imo it should preform very well.

I agree on the manual trans being the best option, but most love the auto off-road they think it’s superior because it’s easy, I guess it takes too much coordination to work 3 pedals . But having proper gearing like the bronco manual does, and the proper axle gearing for the 35s, a manual should be really easy to drive off-road even in the technical stuff like rock crawling.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#43]
'15 JKU sport owner here.

I will own a bronco in the next 2-5 years.  2.7 with ten speed and lockers.

No tears.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Pretty simple; bead locks are not road legal. Ford sells you a wheel what comes woth a removable faux BL ring that you can replace with a real bead lock. AEV makes similar wheels for jeeps etc now
View Quote

I can see the replaceable Ring
But  the factory rim still wouldn't be DOT legal
So what's the point of the " Beadlock Capable " wheel ? Marketing gimmick .

FYI been running Methods for years on my TJ and never had a problem or been hassled  .
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sway bar disconnect is an unneeded nuisance. Hope ford’s version is more reliable.

Antirocks are better.
View Quote

Swaybar disco is better. We have been modernized
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That joke was as imaginative as Luigi's engineering.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

FYI been running Methods for years on my TJ and never had a problem or been hassled  .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty simple; bead locks are not road legal. Ford sells you a wheel what comes woth a removable faux BL ring that you can replace with a real bead lock. AEV makes similar wheels for jeeps etc now

Hutchinson rock monster beadlocks are dot approved.

Bead lock capable is just that - you change the ring and clamp the bead and boom you have a beadlock wheel. If you don’t you just have a cool looking wheel that looks like a beadlock and you can replace the ring if it gets chewed up offroad. I tend not to worry about dot laws, it’s an off-roader and not a heavy hauling commercial vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Here's a pic for the Bronco gays
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That joke was as imaginative as Luigi's engineering.
View Quote

Must be pretty damn imaginative, ford copied a big chunk of it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Hard pass on alloy wheels.  Nice that the Bronco base wheels are stamped steel, like a proper off-road vehicle.  
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top