Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

GAP was part of the deal. I wasn't going to compromise on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to see if it's not too late to get a GAP policy.

GAP was part of the deal. I wasn't going to compromise on that.

OK, good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
You could've vinyl wrapped the black one for MUCH less.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I said, just curious. I couldn't imagine having to make a car payment, but I'm a couple of decades older than you.  Actually,several.  Nice looking jeep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

About $2K here...
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Meh I get BMW owners who roll 10-20k into new vehicles here at the Audi Dealership I work at. The sales guy who sold you the silver JK isn't the one who is making the good money, the salesman who sells your old black JK for 31-32k is since they gave you 25. Rolling any negative equity into a car is ill advised, but if you are happy then you are happy.

Side note: I had a 3 series customer walk in yesterday looking to trade his car in and he owed 48k, car was valued at 16k
View Quote

looks like the main reason he's upside down is because he financed TT&L.  if he had put enough down to cover that, he'd be about even.

the customers that seem to be the most upside where i work (Chevy dealer) are people trading in Dodge or the cheap Jags

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm a Jeeper but I want that OBS truck in your first pic
View Quote

Dude! That OBS was a lucky find. Clean, no rust, almost show room for it's age. Only 110k miles. Got it off the lot for $5k cash.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

About $2K here...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About $2K here...

That's about the going rate here as well. Still cheaper than trading in a new car for another new car.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#8]
what the length of the loan?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
holy shit you got the reaming you were asking for i wold have found a used hard top ...around here people dump them constantly. i had a guy drive from provo to ogden to sell me his hard top for 500 bucks he drive away topless and happy .....also i would have lived with the black cause damn i dont like getting donkey balls shoved up my ass
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#10]
OP, your interest rate is high too. The dealer is probably making at least 1% off of you from that.

I just bought a new 2016 Tacoma and I got 2.29%
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#11]
So you basically paid 6k for a new color and a hardtop?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Oh because when I read that it's hard to keep clean and shows every imperfection that sounds like you want a princess.  

No, you read wrong. I want low maintenance.

Dirt, scratches and dents show less on silver than black by a long shot.

https://i.imgflip.com/y5qv5.jpg

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Instead of being $4000 in the ditch due to depreciation and owning the first Jeep for 6 months, you are now $12,300 in the ditch before you drove Jeep #2 off the lot.

Now that you have driven #2 off the lot you are about $18,000 in the ditch and that number will not get any smaller until it is completely paid off, by that time you will have a $5000 Jeep.

You asked for a salesman's opinion, you just got it.

Good luck.
View Quote

A 5 year old rubicon with 0 extra options, average condition and mileage still kbb's for 19k trade, and private party value is over 20k, at least where I live. While what he did wasn't the best thing financially, he will still pay it down far faster than it depreciates. That thing won't be worth 5k for 20 or 25 years (At least around here, maybe wranglers don't hold value in Canada as well, no idea on that)
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you have to make love to your wife for one full year or two?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So you basically paid 6k for a new color and a hardtop?
View Quote

Meh. Like I said earlier... a REAL paint job is not cheap. You're looking at 5k minimum. A new hardtop is about 1k.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Oh because when I read that it's hard to keep clean and shows every imperfection that sounds like you want a princess.  

No, you read wrong. I want low maintenance.

Dirt, scratches and dents show less on silver than black by a long shot.

https://i.imgflip.com/y5qv5.jpg

Har har. Hardy har har
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did you have to make love to your wife for one full year or two?
View Quote

Nah. My money is my money, and her money is her money. We don't criticize each other unless one of us can't pay the bills.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:48:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Aww come on OP.  As long as you're happy who cares what GD says
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A 5 year old rubicon with 0 extra options, average condition and mileage still kbb's for 19k trade, and private party value is over 20k, at least where I live. While what he did wasn't the best thing financially, he will still pay it down far faster than it depreciates. That thing won't be worth 5k for 20 or 25 years (At least around here, maybe wranglers don't hold value in Canada as well, no idea on that)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Instead of being $4000 in the ditch due to depreciation and owning the first Jeep for 6 months, you are now $12,300 in the ditch before you drove Jeep #2 off the lot.

Now that you have driven #2 off the lot you are about $18,000 in the ditch and that number will not get any smaller until it is completely paid off, by that time you will have a $5000 Jeep.

You asked for a salesman's opinion, you just got it.

Good luck.

Usually by the time they are paid off, yes, they are worth around $5k and are beat to shit (around here).
I see about 6 a year that we actually will take in on trade, out of those six we may keep one or 2 for resale and wholesale the rest because they cost more to certify than they are worth.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

looks like the main reason he's upside down is because he financed TT&L.  if he had put enough down to cover that, he'd be about even.

the customers that seem to be the most upside where i work (Chevy dealer) are people trading in Dodge or the cheap Jags

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh I get BMW owners who roll 10-20k into new vehicles here at the Audi Dealership I work at. The sales guy who sold you the silver JK isn't the one who is making the good money, the salesman who sells your old black JK for 31-32k is since they gave you 25. Rolling any negative equity into a car is ill advised, but if you are happy then you are happy.

Side note: I had a 3 series customer walk in yesterday looking to trade his car in and he owed 48k, car was valued at 16k

Most of our customers finance TTL as well on our vehicles because TTL on a 80k car is ALOT more than a Jeep. Plus in Arizona the newer/more expensive your vehicle is the more Tags will cost. You should see the lease payments we do on RS7's, R8's. For example: I sold an R8 to a customer a month ago who put 50k down on a low mileage R8 lease for 2 years and his payments were right around $2150 a month.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#22]
This is a troll thread? am I right?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

37,300 @3.39% over 60 months is $677
72 months is $575
84 months is  $499

Don't do the 96 month balloon payment option here like the Dodge dealers do, talk about fucking people right up the ass, that's what Dodge dealers do.

ETA,
Total paid after 60 months : $40,620
72 months : $41,400
84 months : $41,916
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

72 months is $575
84 months is  $499

Don't do the 96 month balloon payment option here like the Dodge dealers do, talk about fucking people right up the ass, that's what Dodge dealers do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

72 months is $575
84 months is  $499

These are real things?!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

These are real things?!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

72 months is $575
84 months is  $499

These are real things?!  

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
if your happy who cares, your choice, your money
View Quote

This. It's your vehicle and your money. If your happy with it, that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

72 months is $575
84 months is  $499

ETA,
Total paid after 60 months : $40,620
72 months : $41,400
84 months : $41,916
View Quote

https://www.penfed.org/New-Auto-Loan/
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

72 months is $575
84 months is  $499

These are real things?!  

Yep.

Well no wonder it's easy to get upside down so quick.

I suppose it is the problem of the people that buy into the salesmen's bullshit off "I can get you into this truck for $xxx monthly" rather than looking at the total vehicle price when they are buying.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#29]
30k for a fucking tiny jeep? Lol, well I guess I'm glad there's people like you to take the depreciation hit so I can keep buying 3-4 y/o cars. Wouldn't ever buy a jeep though
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I suppose it is the problem of the people that buy into the salesmen's bullshit off "I can get you into this truck for $xxx monthly" rather than looking at the total vehicle price when they are buying.
View Quote

87% of the time, I'm guessing it's the other way around.

Dagger41, are you asking that question, or are you answering it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:15:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always answer it.
It retains long term customers and I have several.
I also point it out on the sales contract before getting the customer to sign off on it.

"Cost of the loan" is very important and must be pointed out and I totally agree with it.

ETA, with lease customers the focus is on the payment and that's all most want to hear.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Nice vehicle.  I would like to see the salesperson's post on how much money they made today.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:17:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nice vehicle.  I would like to see the salesperson's post on how much money they made today.  
View Quote

On that Jeep probably around $700.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:32:09 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll never understand the concept of a new car.

I'm sorry...but if you are happy..that's cool.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

How is that even possible??
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
30k for a fucking tiny jeep? Lol, well I guess I'm glad there's people like you to take the depreciation hit so I can keep buying 3-4 y/o cars. Wouldn't ever buy a jeep though
View Quote

Nope.  Almost $40K.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bmw select plans balloon payment is one easy example. He bought a car and had dirt cheap monthly payments for "XX" amount of months, bigger payment started rolling in so he traded into another new car and rolled the negative into it and tada. $199 a month on a 3 series sure looks good on paper and in their minds but they never see the residual amount of the car. If you buy a $40k car and the set residual is for example $20000, they pay $199 a month for 36 months. The end of the lease they have a "balloon payment" of right around 12k for this case so your options are: A. Pay us the 12k to turn in your lease. B. Okay, we will cut that 12k down to 6k if you trade it in on another car. C. Go somewhere else and see if they will give you more for your trade. A lot of people choose the second option and when you do that 2-3 times you owe a metric shit ton. You would honestly be shocked at how many people have good sized amounts of negative equity in vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Never mind his asshole.

I just hope the Ramseyites had their seizure helmets on before clicking

(No judgement from me OP)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's your asshole feel?

Never mind his asshole.

I just hope the Ramseyites had their seizure helmets on before clicking

(No judgement from me OP)

My helmet was on but not strapped down.  I was able to get three of the straps cinched tight before the explosion.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:08:44 AM EDT
[#40]
If it makes you happy, then who cares. From a financial perspective it's bad, but the money aspect isn't everything. Many years ago I had to get out of a new car for a truck. The salesman and the sales manager were even asking me if I really wanted to go upside down. I knew what the numbers were, and I also knew that the truck would be mine for a long time. It all worked out and I drove the truck for a decade.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Fuck that noise. Did the whole negative equity rollover once in my early 20s, and never again.

Used cars from here on out, maybe a new motorcycle but never a car.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Heh,,would rather have that Chevy truck in the pic then a jeep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#43]
The State of Wisconsin recently changed their regs, requiring anyone scrapping a vehicle to verify the (lack of) lien status. I'm assuming the loan industry got tired of getting burned by people walking away from their loans and the vehicles disappearing. I continue to see interesting parts of cut-up vehicles in the pile with the water heaters, wash machines, etc..
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#44]
So you effectively paid 8k extra for a different color and top?

Less than 2k you could have wrapped your entire jeep whatever color you wanted and have rock/stone protection.

And you could have bought a hard top, jeep enthusiasts like having both options so that would have at least been a plus when it comes time to sell.

So with that said, you did terrible.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#45]
You did bad financially.   You owe more than sticker.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yikes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#47]
You lost about $5k in 5 months and you're upside down on the new Jeep. Doesn't sound that great to me, but I'm not sure what you wanted to get out of this thread.

Enjoy your Fiat.

ETA: Also, your interest rate sucks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So you effectively paid 8k extra for a different color and top?
View Quote

No, about $4,200.

The only thing that changed was I got a better interest rate and my monthly payment went up exactly $50. They started off wanting me to pay almost $150 more a month!

I knew going in I was going to eat $4-5k on the trade, that was unavoidable. My goal in the end was not to increase my mo payments more than $50, and I did that. The better question I should have put in OP was, did I prevent the dealership from making out like bandits? I don't think they did, but I want to be sure, so thats why I asked.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#49]
So $6k for silver paint and a hard top?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So $6k for silver paint and a hard top?
View Quote
read my post above
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top