Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd trust him to make a 1911 like I'd trust Bill Wilson to rebuild my engine.   It might work OK but I'll only pay a premium for expert work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It took 500 hours to make 1 pistol?? Bullshit. It that's true, he didn't know what he was doing and fucked up many times before finishing.
View Quote
How long does it take you to build a pistol from scratch?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wasn't made from the statue. It was made from the rail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, the gun is made from copper?
Wasn't made from the statue. It was made from the rail.

I was being a bit facetious there.  However, he forged A53 pipe steel?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
He caught a lot of heat on advrider too.

It's an interesting mix of ass kissers, detractors and folks with simple curiousity.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another Genius.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't pay $850 for that, much less $85k
Same here. I wouldn't buy it for $85.
Another Genius.
Since you love it so much, go buy it. Personally, I think its a piece of shit made by a piece of shit.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can guarantee any answer they give is gonna include buying an OTS frame and slide.

Forging those from scrap is no big deal, amirite?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I like some of the other pistols he did, though if they are priced anything like that I will pass.

here is a few of them, looks like they start at $4300 according to his website.
more pics
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I knew this thread would deliver. Some of you guys would complain about wet pussy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
For $85k I better get to fire off rounds into Sanda Bullock.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd trust him to make a 1911 like I'd trust Bill Wilson to rebuild my engine.   It might work OK but I'll only pay a premium for expert work.
View Quote
I think Les Baer would be a more accurate comparison. People can do more than one thing ya know?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
railing steel?  I doubt if it's of any quality to be making a firearm
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks pretty nice but I'm not going to hate on it because I can't afford it.  I just hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
railing steel?  I doubt if it's of any quality to be making a firearm
View Quote
Seems like more of a showpiece for a glass case in your gun goom than anything. Anyone dumb enough to pay $85k for a gun and then EDC the thing would probably cheat on Sandra Bullock too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I gotta admit, IF the materials sourcing didn't seem so shady, and IF I was extremely wealthy, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I mean, how more American can you get that a 1911 made partly out of the Statue of Liberty? I don't care who made it or if it even shoots well. That's insanely cool.

But no way I'd buy it absent those two "ifs".
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took 500 hours to make 1 pistol?? Bullshit. It that's true, he didn't know what he was doing and fucked up many times before finishing.

Since I've never done it before, it would probably take about 500 hours.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#16]
"Louder or quiter than Sandra Bullocks crying?"
-goloud

Ooops, Wrong thread

I can't direct quote an archived thread But the way he acted in that thread I wouldn't buy jack shit from him.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think Les Baer would be a more accurate comparison. People can do more than one thing ya know?
View Quote
I'd trust Les to rebuild my Mustang engine and be thankful for the privilege..  But JJ's designs are a joke.  His dildo suppressor pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#18]
You leave my Shania out of this. How did you expect her to put out to a guy named Mutt who looked like a Mutt
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, okay.  But I have no doubts it'll come out as nice as Jesse James's pistol?

P.S. You can stop talking out of your ass anytime now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd trust Les to rebuild my Mustang engine and be thankful for the privilege..  But JJ's designs are a joke.  His dildo suppressor pretty much says it all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that thing was ghey AF. And his claims on top of it..... <*shutters*> I get that hes built exhausts for decades, and might have a better than average grasp on the concept of sound waves. But claims 25% better than the big boys who do it as their sole living with crazy expensive/cutting edge testing equipment, is clown shoes. He sure tap danced on his dick on that, and it shouldnt be forgotten. He lied, got caught, and doubled down hoping to still sell his products soley on his name to uninformed rubes. That was bad. IIRC he claimed db levels lower than the action cycling.

No argument here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shania Twain is still very bangable i see.
View Quote
She doesn't like to have sex.

Which is why her husband cheated on her with a horrible looking woman, who at least would bang him.

That is also the rumor about Sandra Bullock, she has sex  four times a year.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah that thing was ghey AF. And his claims on top of it..... <*shutters*> I get that hes built exhausts for decades, and might have a better than average grasp on the concept of sound waves. But claims 25% better than the big boys who do it as their sole living with crazy expensive/cutting edge testing equipment, is clown shoes. He sure tap danced on his dick on that, and it shouldnt be forgotten. He lied, got caught, and doubled down hoping to still sell his products soley on his name to uninformed rubes. That was bad. IIRC he claimed db levels lower than the action cycling.

No argument here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No argument here.
That thread is all I can think of whenever his name comes up on here
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#23]
IF I was trump I'd buy it.  I'd have gold from Fort Knox melted down and engraved on the sides, pieces of the giant sequioa general Sherman made into grip panels.  My grip screws made from the USS Arizona, my front sight from the liberty bell,  rear sight from the Apollo 11 capsule, trigger from a SR-71, hammer from the empire state building. Use bald eagle blood in the forging process.  Probably give the lucky person time travel powers with all that American awesomeness.  Go kill Osama bin Laden riding a raptor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No argument here.
Yup. Thats the thread. 

To drive this one further into the weeds, what guys were saying to JJ about his personal life in that thread (and this one too), are way worse than what Mikhail86 got banned for, for smack talking an alleged, secret, may or maybe not, member of Metallica here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Even if you are right (I'm leaning towards yes here) He cheated on her with a disgusting tatted up skank that even most inkies found revolting...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude, you've never stopped to ask yourself why Sandra Bullock can't keep a man?

She is hot and she has money but nobody will stay with her.

She's either crazy, an insufferable cunt, or she never puts out.  Likely a combination of all 3.

I suspect Jennifer Aniston suffers from the same affliction.
Even if you are right (I'm leaning towards yes here) He cheated on her with a disgusting tatted up skank that even most inkies found revolting...
Who probably acted like she needed his seed to live.  That's an easy high when you're snuggled up on the couch next to something in head to toe flannel watching The Notebook.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I like it. A natural camo pattern.
Would change out the grips though.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So what you're saying is that all bikers are pieces of human shit. Or, that marriage vows don't mean shit. Or, someone is stupid because they trust another person to be ethical.

ETA: BTW Jesse James is the epitome of a sub-human, opportunistic, piece of shit. His latest marriage is to the Billionaire creator of "Patron Tequila", daughter. She's worth an est 100 million. James doesn't marry, or love for sake of love, he marries for the sake of financial security. That's a flawed person IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, she married a biker and then got mad when he did biker shit?

Im not entirely convinced hes the stupid one of the couple..
So what you're saying is that all bikers are pieces of human shit. Or, that marriage vows don't mean shit. Or, someone is stupid because they trust another person to be ethical.

ETA: BTW Jesse James is the epitome of a sub-human, opportunistic, piece of shit. His latest marriage is to the Billionaire creator of "Patron Tequila", daughter. She's worth an est 100 million. James doesn't marry, or love for sake of love, he marries for the sake of financial security. That's a flawed person IMHO.
So... in a round about way, you've supported the opinion of the poster you quoted, I don't know if you've realized that yet. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yup. Thats the thread. 

To drive this one further into the weeds, what guys were saying to JJ about his personal life in that thread (and this one too), are way worse than what Mikhail86 got banned for, for smack talking an alleged, secret, may or maybe not, member of Metallica here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No argument here.
Yup. Thats the thread. 

I hope not, I wouldn't go see those twats if the concert was free.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IF I was trump I'd buy it.  I'd have gold from Fort Knox melted down and engraved on the sides, pieces of the giant sequioa general Sherman made into grip panels.  My grip screws made from the USS Arizona, my front sight from the liberty bell,  rear sight from the Apollo 11 capsule, trigger from a SR-71, hammer from the empire state building. Use bald eagle blood in the forging process.  Probably give the lucky person time travel powers with all that American awesomeness.  Go kill Osama bin Laden riding a raptor.
View Quote
You just won the internet for a few years. A man who thinks big, and knows how it gets done.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
 You're pissed because someone grabbed scrap metal before it could be shipped to China?
View Quote
Reading comprehension would do so much for you in life.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And if you actually comprehended, the dude "grabbed it because it was just laying there."  Fuck asking whoever it belongs to for permission.  I'm working here and it's just laying there, so I'm gonna grab it.  Thanks for letting us know not to leave anything laying around wherever you work, Mr. Ethics.
View Quote
I'm going out on a limb, and guessing it was scrap metal when it was grabbed, and the option was recycling or recycled into a gun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You either like the guy or.. think he's one step below a pedofile and a piece of shit. GD seems to go with the latter.
View Quote
I simply don't like him. He has been proven to be a liar and snake oil salesman. Nothing more.

Just look at the claims he made with his buttplug shaped suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Probably the least douchey thing JJ has ever been a part of.

So there's that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm going out on a limb, and guessing it was scrap metal when it was grabbed, and the option was recycling or recycled into a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if you actually comprehended, the dude "grabbed it because it was just laying there."  Fuck asking whoever it belongs to for permission.  I'm working here and it's just laying there, so I'm gonna grab it.  Thanks for letting us know not to leave anything laying around wherever you work, Mr. Ethics.
That's what I pointed out earlier!

Railings are made from A53 pipe.  A53 has a yield of 35ksi.  That's worse than A36!  It's not a material that CAN be forged, let alone forged into a working 1911 receiver.

Either he's lying about the material source, or he's never fired a round out of it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I follow what he does, off and on. He's an interesting cat to me. 

In recent years, he seems to have developed a new strategy of steadfastly refusing to "grow" his business, such that economies of scale kick in, allowing him to become insanely wealthy by selling his wares to the common man, at a price the common man could probably afford. He doesn't want to be the CEO of a big corporation. He's already done that (he once had several hundred employees across his various enterprises), and by all accounts, he hated it. He seems happy enough these days as a hired gun - somebody that gets to spend more time doing what he really loves to do (economics be damned), knowing full well that his customer base is now necessarily restricted to the precious few who have the disposable income to pay for any of it. And to the extent that these people, few in number, are willing to pay for it...he'll be fine. 

We (meaning normal middle to upper middle class dudes) are not his actual customer base. We just watch (and comment) from afar. 

Good work, if you can get it. More power to him. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Reading comprehension would do so much for you in life.
View Quote
Go on and explain.  JJ doesn't really say much about the incident.  Perhaps you have more info on this subject.  The lack of arrest reports or criminal complains says nothing illegal happened.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh my.  Quite an exorbitant price but if someone will pay it then good for him.  It really is a shame though that when you look at some of the other pictures of that gun that the checkering and the beavertail fit appear as though they were executed by a blind man in the very late stages of Parkinson's disease.  Maybe J.J. doesn't realize that at best he's a gun hack and that he should have farmed out the work on that thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I follow what he does, off and on. He's an interesting cat to me. 

In recent years, he seems to have developed a new strategy of steadfastly refusing to "grow" his business, such that economies of scale kick in, allowing him to become insanely wealthy by selling his wares to the common man, at a price the common man could probably afford. He doesn't want to be the CEO of a big corporation. He's already done that (he once had several hundred employees across his various enterprises), and by all accounts, he hated it. He seems happy enough these days as a hired gun - somebody that gets to spend more time doing what he really loves to do (economics be damned), knowing full well that his customer base is now necessarily restricted to the precious few who have the disposable income to pay for any of it. And to the extent that these people, few in number, are willing to pay for it...he'll be fine. 

We (meaning normal middle to upper middle class dudes) are not his actual customer base. We just watch (and comment) from afar. 

Good work, if you can get it. More power to him. 
View Quote
LOL right? 

It's the exact same thing as FN putting out the M-249S.  So many people in the gun community complain about it being an expensive semi-belt fed and the cost is way to high and no one would ever buy one... But it's not FOR or marketed to them, and the market it IS for snagged them up fast as hell.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was being a bit facetious there.  However, he forged A53 pipe steel?
View Quote
I've a suspicion that the other metal he made the damascus from was a bit better material.  

Guy saved a piece of steel from the dumpster.  Instead of coming back from China as a Buick Jesse James made something very cool.  He is a truly stand up guy.  Fred Durst was at the height of his popularity and tried to chrash the line for a West Coast Choppers bike. Jesse had his Secretary explain to Fred that Jesse doesn't build bikes for assholes.  

As the the Sandra Bullock thing.  Meh, he moved on. She plays a sweetheart on tv.  Don't know her in real life, but it makes me wonder.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#40]
So it's a rail gun?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#41]
It looks good. Unlike his other stuff.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#42]
His current wife is cool, as is his Father in law.

Bullocks father is a huge douche, probably how she gets to keep the squeeky clean image since he's her business manager.

Never believe the press, they are heavily managed....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#43]
The butthurt is turned up to 11 in this thread. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Power washer thread?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Jesse James is a fucking twat
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I knew this thread would deliver. Some of you guys would complain about wet pussy.
View Quote
Shiiiiiiiit, wet pussy is heaven's rain.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll stop talking out of my ass when you get your lips off of JJ's ass.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#48]
FJJ, but that thing looks pretty fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Better that than being thrown in a dumpster which is where it probably would have went.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty cool.  

And if you actually read, picked up from dude working on the restoration project.  Hard to find a better use for the material.
Better that than being thrown in a dumpster which is where it probably would have went.
Ayup, probably.  Talking about a piece of scrap metal.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I am not going to be jealous of someone with $85,000 to spend.

Pretty cool conversation piece for someone wealthy.

Reminds me of a guy I helped a buddy pick up a pool table from. Sussed us out, then showed us around his house.

Ferrari in the garage, cool everything. Celebrity autographed pictures from charity golf events where he had to pay some pretty high coin to go there.

MP5 with a full-auto group. He had spent ~$50,000 on the thing, and didn't shoot it. I had just met the guy.

I left there thinking, "lucky guy." Not, "man I hate that guy..."

The free market worked out for him. Good for him.

The guy obviously had a significant amount of disposable income.

The gun is a cool piece of history, and has a cool story.

Liberals can worry about class warfare, and wealth jealousy. Good on whoever has the money to afford that gun. It is a work of art.
View Quote
Amen brother. I aspire to be more like the people that make good decisions. Seems logical.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top