Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've a suspicion that the other metal he made the damascus from was a bit better material.  

Guy saved a piece of steel from the dumpster.  Instead of coming back from China as a Buick Jesse James made something very cool.  He is a truly stand up guy.  Fred Durst was at the height of his popularity and tried to chrash the line for a West Coast Choppers bike. Jesse had his Secretary explain to Fred that Jesse doesn't build bikes for assholes.  

As the the Sandra Bullock thing.  Meh, he moved on. She plays a sweetheart on tv.  Don't know her in real life, but it makes me wonder.
View Quote
Has Jesse ever divided by zero and built himself a bike?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah he has built bikes.  He purchased one frame for his bike shop.  After all the mods to make it "his" he realized that he may as well make the frame himself. His copper bike wasn't plated he built the copper tanks and fenders from copper as if it were cookware.  

Damascus making is a bitch.  I can just barely make a forge weld, Damascus is dozens of layers of forge welds.  Alec Steele a YouTube blacksmith that makes beautiful Damascus often fails.  The beauty of Damascus is that a soft iron is welded and mixed with a hard steel do you have the toughness of the HARD stuff but the give of the soft stuff.  I doubt the railing on the torch was A53 pipe.  I'd bet it was wrought iron like the armature inside the statue was.  Wrought iron and a good modern steel would make for a tough but flexible Damascus.  

Jesse James is a metalworking god.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wait, she married a biker and then got mad when he did biker shit?

Im not entirely convinced hes the stupid one of the couple..
View Quote
Cheating is "biker shit"?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, she married a biker and then got mad when he did biker shit?

Im not entirely convinced hes the stupid one of the couple..
No. Of course not. Nor is fighting, theft, or drug abuse. SoCal bikers are choir boys from what I saw with my own eyes working in the industry and being around them. JJ growing up in LBC around 1% was certainly one of the exceptions, too.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah he has built bikes.  He purchased one frame for his bike shop.  After all the mods to make it "his" he realized that he may as well make the frame himself. His copper bike wasn't plated he built the copper tanks and fenders from copper as if it were cookware.  

Damascus making is a bitch.  I can just barely make a forge weld, Damascus is dozens of layers of forge welds.  Alec Steele a YouTube blacksmith that makes beautiful Damascus often fails.  The beauty of Damascus is that a soft iron is welded and mixed with a hard steel do you have the toughness of the HARD stuff but the give of the soft stuff.  I doubt the railing on the torch was A53 pipe.  I'd bet it was wrought iron like the armature inside the statue was.  Wrought iron and a good modern steel would make for a tough but flexible Damascus.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should stop sounding like you know what you're talking about and mindlessly bash the guy like a retard.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, the gun is made from copper?
View Quote
LOL. Reading is for faggots!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dude, you've never stopped to ask yourself why Sandra Bullock can't keep a man?

She is hot and she has money but nobody will stay with her.

She's either crazy, an insufferable cunt, or she never puts out.  Likely a combination of all 3.

I suspect Jennifer Aniston suffers from the same affliction.
View Quote
I don't see it, old Sandy just isn't "hot" in my book....she'd barely rate a meh at just about any college campus.  Jennifer, on the other hand...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was being a bit facetious there.  However, he forged A53 pipe steel?
View Quote

I know nothing about steel. Maybe it was high-grade steel? No idea.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

She's either crazy, an insufferable cunt, or she never puts out.  Likely a combination of all 3.

View Quote
Bingo. All Counts.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Would be pretty cool to have this and another made out of World Trade Center steel.
View Quote
I'm sure an Arab would pay a pretty price for a milled AK receiver from WTC steel.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So what you're saying is that all bikers are pieces of human shit. Or, that marriage vows don't mean shit. Or, someone is stupid because they trust another person to be ethical.

ETA: BTW Jesse James is the epitome of a sub-human, opportunistic, piece of shit. His latest marriage is to the Billionaire creator of "Patron Tequila", daughter. She's worth an est 100 million. James doesn't marry, or love for sake of love, he marries for the sake of financial security. That's a flawed person IMHO.
View Quote
LOL. Not saying you aren't right about the rest but I'm pretty sure he has his own financial security without any woman to help him. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am not going to be jealous of someone with $85,000 to spend.

Pretty cool conversation piece for someone wealthy.

Reminds me of a guy I helped a buddy pick up a pool table from. Sussed us out, then showed us around his house.

Ferrari in the garage, cool everything. Celebrity autographed pictures from charity golf events where he had to pay some pretty high coin to go there.

MP5 with a full-auto group. He had spent ~$50,000 on the thing, and didn't shoot it. I had just met the guy.

I left there thinking, "lucky guy." Not, "man I hate that guy..."

The free market worked out for him. Good for him.

The guy obviously had a significant amount of disposable income.

The gun is a cool piece of history, and has a cool story.

Liberals can worry about class warfare, and wealth jealousy. Good on whoever has the money to afford that gun. It is a work of art.
View Quote
Like +1
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How long does it take you to build a pistol from scratch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took 500 hours to make 1 pistol?? Bullshit. It that's true, he didn't know what he was doing and fucked up many times before finishing.
How long does it take you to build a pistol from scratch?
Not just from scratch but from a fucking piece of handrail!  I think the pistol looks cool as shit regardless of what anyone thinks of Jesse.

So many LOL's in this thread!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how strong the metal is compared to a properly made steel 1911A1. (Not stainless)
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like some of the other pistols he did, though if they are priced anything like that I will pass.

here is a few of them, looks like they start at $4300 according to his website.
more pics
View Quote
He actually makes some really cool shit.  I can't afford any of it though.

That triple black 10mm!!! NICE!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't give a fuck about the dudes personal life. I actually like his work. Would also plow SB.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah that thing was ghey AF. And his claims on top of it..... <*shutters*> I get that hes built exhausts for decades, and might have a better than average grasp on the concept of sound waves. But claims 25% better than the big boys who do it as their sole living with crazy expensive/cutting edge testing equipment, is clown shoes. He sure tap danced on his dick on that, and it shouldnt be forgotten. He lied, got caught, and doubled down hoping to still sell his products soley on his name to uninformed rubes. That was bad. IIRC he claimed db levels lower than the action cycling.

No argument here.
View Quote
Well there's that.  LOL I agree.  This gun and some of his others are still cool as fuck though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Shania Twain is still very bangable i see.
View Quote
Rumor has it that her ex cheated on her because she feels that sex is for procreation only.................and not for anything else. Supposedly very frigid.............still hot
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well there's that.  LOL I agree.  This gun and some of his others are still cool as fuck though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah that thing was ghey AF. And his claims on top of it..... <*shutters*> I get that hes built exhausts for decades, and might have a better than average grasp on the concept of sound waves. But claims 25% better than the big boys who do it as their sole living with crazy expensive/cutting edge testing equipment, is clown shoes. He sure tap danced on his dick on that, and it shouldnt be forgotten. He lied, got caught, and doubled down hoping to still sell his products soley on his name to uninformed rubes. That was bad. IIRC he claimed db levels lower than the action cycling.

No argument here.
As has been stated, hes a legendary welder/fabricator. Master craftsman with ferrous/non-ferrous and exotic alloys skills are extraordinary. Anyone who "knows" can not take that away from the man.

But that suppressor/claims... oof
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wouldn't pay that for any firearm.
View Quote
If I had that kind of money, I'd pay that for a working M240.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has NYC sued him yet?

Who will Arfcom side with if that happens?
View Quote
Why would NYC sue him?

The Statue of Liberty belongs to The United States and is located in New Jersey.

I'm guessing there's only a minute amount of Statue of Liberty handrail material in that hideous pistol.

Considering the absolute lack of provenance; perhaps there isn't any at all.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Les Baer would be a more accurate comparison. People can do more than one thing ya know?
I'd trust Les to rebuild my Mustang engine and be thankful for the privilege..  But JJ's designs are a joke.  His dildo suppressor pretty much says it all.

No argument here.
That thread is all I can think of whenever his name comes up on here
Looking at that thread.  Why would this have been removed from his site? What's wrong with it?

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Les Baer would be a more accurate comparison. People can do more than one thing ya know?
I'd trust Les to rebuild my Mustang engine and be thankful for the privilege..  But JJ's designs are a joke.  His dildo suppressor pretty much says it all.

No argument here.
That thread is all I can think of whenever his name comes up on here
Looking at that thread.  Why would this have been removed from his site? What's wrong with it?

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/mikuhl/jjfu_zpsaagaegxg.jpg
View Quote
VFG a no-no on a pistol 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

VFG a no-no on a pistol
View Quote
Oh duh. I didn't even see it.

Maybe that what he meant?  Stealth VFG!  LOL
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And if you actually comprehended, the dude "grabbed it because it was just laying there."  Fuck asking whoever it belongs to for permission.  I'm working here and it's just laying there, so I'm gonna grab it.  Thanks for letting us know not to leave anything laying around wherever you work, Mr. Ethics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty cool.  

And if you actually read, picked up from dude working on the restoration project.  Hard to find a better use for the material.
And if you actually comprehended, the dude "grabbed it because it was just laying there."  Fuck asking whoever it belongs to for permission.  I'm working here and it's just laying there, so I'm gonna grab it.  Thanks for letting us know not to leave anything laying around wherever you work, Mr. Ethics.
I'm with this guy  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As has been stated, hes a legendary welder/fabricator. Master craftsman with ferrous/non-ferrous and exotic alloys skills are extraordinary. Anyone who "knows" can not take that away from the man.

But that suppressor/claims... oof
View Quote
Yep that was bs and he probably figured that out pretty quick, no idea why he would have doubled down on that shit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Even if you are right (I'm leaning towards yes here) He cheated on her with a disgusting tatted up skank that even most inkies found revolting...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if you are right (I'm leaning towards yes here) He cheated on her with a disgusting tatted up skank that even most inkies found revolting...
Because the disgusting tatted up skank let him go ass to mouth and drained his balls on the regular.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Pretty fucking cool actually.

Can't even hate.

I prefer to buttfuck myself with that instead of his suppressor any day
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#30]
The original torch head and handrail, that was completely replaced  during the restoration, on display; original  handrail and all.

The entirely new torch head and handrail that was installed during the restoration.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Only fail was that he didn't charge $2,000 more
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#32]
So, JJFU says it's got a piece of the handrail from the statue in it.

He also "said" his dildo-suppressor was running 80db.

I don't believe a fucking word from that tool.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm with this guy  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty cool.  

And if you actually read, picked up from dude working on the restoration project.  Hard to find a better use for the material.
I'm with this guy  
LOL!  It was going in the site dumpster.  It was a piece of handrail, construction trash.  Fucking hang the criminal thief!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#34]
If he sells it, good for him. But where does he come up with his prices? Besides the damascus frame and slide, nothing else is that labor intensive or special. Maybe double the price of a WC supergrade?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Shania Twain is still very bangable i see.
View Quote
If she is really 50 in that pic as the filename suggests... we should be preserving her DNA for future breeding projects to see if we can replicate her for the good of all our grandsons.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If he sells it, good for him. But where does he come up with his prices? Besides the damascus frame and slide, nothing else is that labor intensive or special. Maybe double the price of a WC supergrade?
View Quote
Hes already sold 2 of 3. 

Why? How? </shrugs> Your guess is as good as mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LOL!  It was going in the site dumpster.  It was a piece of handrail, construction trash.  Fucking hang the criminal thief!
View Quote
Site dumpster?

The original torch head and rail appears to have been removed intact and later put on display.

In 2012 the statue got a new interior staircase; maybe there's some of that steel in the pistol.

Who knows?

There's no real provenance of any sort.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
all crap aside, it looks sick.
View Quote
You can buy a pistol made by someone who knows what they are doing for ~3k or 4k.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Site dumpster?

The original torch head and rail appears to have been removed intact and later put on display.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Site dumpster?

You're right.  Idk what they are talking about then.  The article said it was made out of pieces of the rail.  If it doesn't have any of that in it fuck him.  Still a cool fucking pistol but if he is making shit up again I wouldn't be surprised.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That is pretty bad ass. Trump should buy it and carry it on duty. MEGA
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I was always impressed with the creativity and skill of JJ.  He just came off as a giant douche with the dildo suppressor thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You're right.  Idk what they are talking about then.  The article said it was made out of pieces of the rail.  If it doesn't have any of that in it fuck him.  Still a cool fucking pistol but if he is making shit up again I wouldn't be surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Site dumpster?

Here is the old torch head and rail being removed intact in the same condition in which it was later put on display.

Doesn't appear that any part of it was headed for a dumpster.

The other pictures show the torch head and rail on display, also  perfectly intact.

All of the torch head hand rail material appears to be accounted for.

If he is making things up again I wouldn't be surprised either.

During removal.....

And on display.....

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Seems like a douche, but at least he is a pro-gun douche.  You guys would be happier if it was the other way around?

Drive on J.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You leave my Shania out of this. How did you expect her to put out to a guy named Mutt who looked like a Mutt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You leave my Shania out of this. How did you expect her to put out to a guy named Mutt who looked like a Mutt
Sorry but there isn't one guy here who wouldn't go looking elsewhere if he is married to Shania and she isn't putting out... a stunner like her not putting out is a crime against mankind and anyone here who says "if I were married to her and she wasn't talking care of me I still would not go looking elsewhere" is a fucking liar....and he is also telling you that while holding those softball size nuts in both hands.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#45]
@jesseMFjames

Love to hear his explanation for us mouth breathers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I think it looks better than most 1911's.  I like it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@jesseMFjames

Love to hear his explanation for us mouth breathers.
View Quote
Me too, I don't really know anything about forging metal or where the metal for that pistol actually came from.

I'm just guessing.

Who really knows?

In my opinion; some of the value in that pistol is based on the origin of the metal from which it's made.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am not going to be jealous of someone with $85,000 to spend.

Pretty cool conversation piece for someone wealthy.

Reminds me of a guy I helped a buddy pick up a pool table from. Sussed us out, then showed us around his house.

Ferrari in the garage, cool everything. Celebrity autographed pictures from charity golf events where he had to pay some pretty high coin to go there.

MP5 with a full-auto group. He had spent ~$50,000 on the thing, and didn't shoot it. I had just met the guy.

I left there thinking, "lucky guy." Not, "man I hate that guy..."
View Quote
I'm with you here, but.... If someone pulled out this gun and said it was made from this special steel, I wouldn't know what to say. The material doesn't have any special qualities that relate to its use as a gun material. Like, it isn't especially light, or hard to forge, or strong, etc....It's expensive because of the material's past use in a fashion completely unrelated to its current function. It has quality, but it's a contextual free quality. That isn't interesting.

Now, spend $85k on a gun made of precisely laid carbon fibers that accelerates the projectile from the potential energy stored in a hyperdiamond coil....now you're talking interesting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Me too, I don't really know anything about forging metal or where the metal for that pistol actually came from.

I'm just guessing.

Who really knows?
View Quote
I don't know much about it either, and I admit, it does look pretty cool.

But I do know JJ is a bullshiter and would like to hear his crafted version of "acquiring" the metal rail.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The way I see it if it took him 500 hours to make it then he didn't know what the fuck he was doing and was learning as he went. JJ is the biggest tool in the firearms industry, because he just jumps from one thing to another, and charges everyone for the right to own his artwork. Yes, artwork, not really a gun. And I don't care if the metal came from the SoL or the 9-11 cross, it's bullshit and the fact that people pay for his garbage is proof that a fool is born every minute.
View Quote
Well said.  I feel basically the same about all celebrities though.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top