BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, Bye & Farewell Jimmy!

Having lived through his term, he as Not a "good president" by any stretch, but he did a lot with his life after his term to help his fellow citizens.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

A long time ago,my mother said that Carter was the worst president she had ever seen, but the best FORMER president.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It doesn't make sense how a peanut farmer became president.

especially in the shark infested waters that American politics has been the post WW2 era.

nice guys don't run the modern day roman empire
View Quote

After Nixon.

People wanted a change.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The 9th Circus is his legacy.  Stacked court.

It dragged this country far left of where the voting public was comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.
View Quote

This. The Rhodesians and Whites in So. Africa thank you (Jimmuh) for supporting the Communist terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Absolutely correct. Carter was one the worst presidents in our history. I'll never forgive the sonofabitch for pardoning the cowards who fled to Canada to avoid the draft. Carter did that by executive order the very first day he was in office. Then he gave away the Panama Canal...now operated by Hutchison-Wampoa, a company owned by the Peoples Liberation Army of the Peoples Republic of China.

Several people who worked for him in the White House described him as a "back-stabbing little weasel".

Burn in hell, Jimmy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A decent man....

The last decent democrat.

No that was Truman

Absolutely correct. Carter was one the worst presidents in our history. I'll never forgive the sonofabitch for pardoning the cowards who fled to Canada to avoid the draft. Carter did that by executive order the very first day he was in office. Then he gave away the Panama Canal...now operated by Hutchison-Wampoa, a company owned by the Peoples Liberation Army of the Peoples Republic of China.

Several people who worked for him in the White House described him as a "back-stabbing little weasel".

Burn in hell, Jimmy.

Yep.......he is not the " good man" many think he is. I've known quite a few yellow dog Democrats from his time that said he would sell his own mother if it made him look good in the eyes of the press. His nut hugging of Arafat didn't win him alot of friends either, nor his throwing Rhodesia under the bus at the behest of the left and his coddling up to Andrew Young, who was another POS

Billy actually had more common sense than Jimmy
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

People who say things like that remember the 18% official inflation rate, and if you were not one of the 8% officially unemployed, you might be able to get a 14% annual rate home mortgage. And this was because the people of this country had malaise and wouldn't work hard enough.

Meanwhile, the Army families for most enlisted were on food stamps, which were accepted at the Commissary as a now "extra benefit" of military service. Iran has a revolution and takes the personnel of the US Embassy hostage. The military mounts a rescue attempt which fails, causing great embarrassment to the US.

The CIA is reformed, to get out of the spy business because we have satellites. Some number of operatives are unmasked and a few of them murdered.

Meanwhile, the Soviet Union invades Afghanistan .... and sponsors various "liberation" groups in Central and South America - see previous paragraph. Also, South Korea and Taiwan are told off because their governments are not up to US standards.

And we negotiated giving the Panama Canal to Panama as an apology for our evil deeds of the past.

Quite an impressive four years.
View Quote
Good summary. Left out 24% credit card interest rates and if you were one of the rare few with a card. Fuel shortages. If you were fortunate enough to have money in the bank and a financial advisor, you locked in some serious return on your investments. My school teacher aunt retired rich many years later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A long time ago,my mother said that Carter was the worst president she had ever seen, but the best FORMER president.
View Quote

I’m wondering if the “good works” post-Presidency wasn’t an attempt (successful to a large degree) to rehab his image?

Professional politicians are crafty bastards. He was a professional politician.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Didn't he claim to have connections with the Carter White House?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too bad my old sparring partner America-First isn't here to wax poetic about how great a man Jimmah was.
Didn't he claim to have connections with the Carter White House?

More than “have” connections… but I won’t derail the thread any further.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I marched in his inaugural parade.  Honor Guard Co.  1st Platoon.  The Old Guard.  I was okay with it.  Seemed neat/cool at the time.

Later, when he made such an ass out of himself and the USA when threatening Iran and then backing down a few days later, and did that multiple times before Reagan was inaugurated and the Iranians released the embassy hostages I was pissed I'd wasted my time that day in January 1979.  

It's been so long I think people have forgotten how many screw ups he made while in office.

They made a big thing about his Navy service.  After the hostage months/screw ups I couldn't help but wonder how in the hell he managed to do his job as a "nuclear systems" officer and not sink a ship or kill someone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#11]
My brother built several "Habitat For Humanity" homes working side by side with President Carter. He said Carter was not just there for the attention. He worked just like the rest of the volunteers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

People who say things like that remember the 18% official inflation rate, and if you were not one of the 8% officially unemployed, you might be able to get a 14% annual rate home mortgage. And this was because the people of this country had malaise and wouldn't work hard enough.

Meanwhile, the Army families for most enlisted were on food stamps, which were accepted at the Commissary as a now "extra benefit" of military service. Iran has a revolution and takes the personnel of the US Embassy hostage. The military mounts a rescue attempt which fails, causing great embarrassment to the US.

The CIA is reformed, to get out of the spy business because we have satellites. Some number of operatives are unmasked and a few of them murdered.

Meanwhile, the Soviet Union invades Afghanistan .... and sponsors various "liberation" groups in Central and South America - see previous paragraph. Also, South Korea and Taiwan are told off because their governments are not up to US standards.

And we negotiated giving the Panama Canal to Panama as an apology for our evil deeds of the past.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.

Well damn, it sounds really bad when you say like that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#14]
At least he will die knowing he wasn't the worst president after all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Thank you for your service to the Naval Nuclear Fleet.  Fair winds and following seas Sir.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#16]
He was a good man but politically he sucked.

I was on a fishing charter with him years ago and he never once talked politics and no one ever asked him about politics.

He was funny and kept the conversations going

The man is on his last minutes and I wont speak bad of him

Biden however if I am around when he goes I wont say anything at all.

He is the epitome of evil
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Atleast he didnt die knowing he was the worst president
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
First Presidential election I could vote in. I voted for him. I beg forgiveness, I was young and totally ignorant about politics. I am truly ashamed. He helped bring about the rise of the Ayatollahs and therefore modern day terrorism. He has the blood of all of terrorism's victims on his hands. His Presidency was a disaster for this country and the world. His one saving moment may have been the Camp David Accords.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been very harsh on Jimmy Carter. He's a liberal piece of shit who damaged this country deeply. He's much much worse than most people realize

that being said, the man looks like a saint compared to modern democrats, and I wish him Godspeed as he crosses over. I also suspect there's some lessons for him in the future on the other side.

I pray for the country he had a hand in crippling.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Go to the light Jimmy!
View Quote

And away from the Bunny!!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey , he legalized home brewing. Show the man some respect. Fair winds sailor !
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Meh. POS.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.

Jimmy Carter was and is just as big of a piece of shit as the rests of them.  He put America through hell for his four years.  If it hadn’t been for the eight years of Reagan, this country would have been where we are today or worse decades ago.

Jimmy Carter's smiling, man-of-the-people image that saw him carry his own luggage was 'all show', say ex-Secret Service agents who claim ex-president was 'rude and short' and 'talked down' to soldiers

- Secret Service agents revealed Jimmy Carter, 98, who has announced he is entering hospice care at home, was nothing like his smiling, friendly image
- Behind the scenes, the 39th president would treat his secret service detail like they 'weren't there' or 'were bothering him', and 'talked down to the military'
- Despite his 'phony' public façade, Carter is being hailed as a humble president who championed the working man, as he lives out his final days in hospice care

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11807897/Ex-Secret-Service-agents-reveal-Jimmy-Carter-actually-rude-time.html

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll have a coke.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#26]
He said in public Trump and the Russians stole the election..

POS busy body that couldn't stay retired and STFU.. set the new standard that ex-presidents now meddle at will in current politics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#27]
DJT will not be invited to the funeral.

The MSM’s canonization of Carter will be a preview of FJB’s post death MSM legacy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, Bye & Farewell Jimmy!

Having lived through his term, he as Not a "good president" by any stretch, but he did a lot with his life after his term to help his fellow citizens.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

I was a kid then, but my memory is of him being a genuinely good person who was really bad at the job.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I remember the day he was elected. I was 10yrs od. My dad was pissed, said the country is screwed. He was spot on. Carter sucked.

Biden still the worst President in history living or dead.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#30]
He was before my time. I'll have a Pepsi.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I believe that he is a good man, who as president made some bad decisions.  And unlike those that came after him, he loved his country, served with honor and didn't make millions off of his influence.  And he was probably the best ex-president the US has ever had, he gave back when others just lock themselves up in mansions and party with the Hollywood elite.
View Quote

Well said, after him expect for Trump they all have been hand picked by the f****^^^ elites who really now run our country and the world.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#32]
My grandma told me “if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all”

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Well...
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hope it’s peaceful. Obviously he had some missteps as President, but it’s undeniable that he was the last democrat president we ever had who actually cared about this country and his fellow Americans. Just look at his post-presidency career to see who he is as a man.

Such a far cry from the current crop of Democrats we’ve had since.
View Quote

Missteps is being kind
He created the toxic atmosphere that gave the world the vile level of militant islamists and their terrorism and nobody since has had the balls to turn Iran into a zone of green glass - or at least most of its big cities as it rightly deserves to have been
And then he and Kissinger give the chicoms the Panama Canal, giving them their first stepping stone into controlling this hemisphere.  
Department of education.   Which is the tap root of the rot in in this country now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It doesn't make sense how a peanut farmer became president.

especially in the shark infested waters that American politics has been the post WW2 era.

nice guys don't run the modern day roman empire
View Quote

Nice was a facade and not the real him

The habitat for humanity is him trying to cover up a lifetime of opportunism and global havoc so that maybe God will forgive him for the destruction he caused.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#37]
an extremely nice man...horrible policies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#38]
His photo was on the wall the day I enlisted. The filters of time and nostalgia make me think those were good days but I now realize it is youth and possibilities that I miss.

Now in my yelling at clouds stage of life I think all presidents have been puppets and we’ve been scammed forever.

I won’t celebrate his passing but I won’t shed any tears either. They will use his death to political advantage and as a distraction. Puppet to the end.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#39]
now we're gonna have to spend weeks seeing a half dead president make awkward speeches about a mostly dead president.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No that was Truman
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A decent man....

The last decent democrat.

No that was Truman

Truman wrote:
We want no Gestapo or Secret Police. F.B.I. is tending in that direction. They are dabbling in sex life scandles and plain blackmail when they should be catching criminals. They also have a habit of sneering at local law enforcement officers.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Smithers! Send the Widow a canned ham!

Yes, Sir!
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#43]
He was a terrible president, but he was a genuinely nice guy and damn good human being.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He always seemed to me to be one of those pathological compulsive “do-gooders” who are motivated by what they think will cause others to look at them as virtuous, yet whose words and deeds frequently lead to great evil under the guise of doing good.

Always admiring himself in the mirror while patting himself on the back for his supposed-yet-not-at-all-wise-wisdom, like many others of that ilk, he has left a trail of destruction in his wake that can not be offset by any ‘good’ that he may have done along the way.

I will not miss him.

View Quote

well said.  I concur.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

2019 he was injured but I don’t think the press implied it was life threatening
https://abc3340.com/resources/media/92f6d8b8-b488-43b6-a125-d328ff102f64-large3x4_AP19280632211176.jpg?1570489767590
View Quote

Time always wins.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Carter was the President who carried his own suitcases .... but only when the press was there to take photos.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He always seemed to me to be one of those pathological compulsive “do-gooders” who are motivated by what they think will cause others to look at them as virtuous, yet whose words and deeds frequently lead to great evil under the guise of doing good.

Always admiring himself in the mirror while patting himself on the back for his supposed-yet-not-at-all-wise-wisdom, like many others of that ilk, he has left a trail of destruction in his wake that can not be offset by any ‘good’ that he may have done along the way.

I will not miss him.

View Quote

This.  A good man that has the best in mind for his country and it’s people don’t actively attempt to undermine the presidents coming after him because he’s trying to make his failed attempt not look so bad.  This is the man responsible for the radical version of Iran we’ve had to deal with for decades, then accepted millions through the Carter Foundation to promote Palestinians and denigrate an ally in the region, as well.
When Carter was governor, my uncle was a Georgia resident that  had a neighbor with a blind child. The child’s parents were having difficulty getting the child into the Georgia School for the Blind due to bureaucratic problems, so he did some research and told them he would ask Carter for help since my uncle was a friend of a friend of Carter’s personal secretary in the Governor’s Office.  He sent numerous letters to Carter with no response, then finally called the secretary to ask if the letters were being received.  Secretary told him every one of them had been and Carter was aware of the problem, but since there wasn’t a publicity opportunity he wasn’t interested.  My uncle sent a letter to George Wallace, governor of Alabama at the time, and received a letter saying he would help along with applications for the Alabama School for the Blind.  Wallace also sent a follow up letter after the child had been accepted to the school after Carter couldn’t be bothered to help someone in his own state.  I’m not going to celebrate when Carter dies, but I’m not a fan at all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He never met an anti-American dictator he would not fellate.

May his time in Purgatory be short, but may it be spent smoking turds with his buddies Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.
View Quote

Don’t forget Yasir Arafat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If he had of curb stomped Iran instead of bending over and taking it, he might have salvaged something of a reputation. Sure didn't take them long to release them once Reagan was elected.
View Quote

He was given a good plan to rescue the hostages, but shot it down because he was concerned about Iranian casualties that might result.  My idea of POTUS is being concerned about citizens of the United States, not militants and terrorists from a country that’s caused the problem.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#50]
He was a terrible president. There have only been a couple of presidents worse than him in my estimation. His work with Habitat for Humanity was good and I believe he did want to help people. But we all must die. RIP Jimmy.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top