Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
In 1979 the media was willing to criticize a Democrat president and have him look bad (remember the rabbit incident? )

That won't happen again
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#2]
OP Eagle Claw

Fuck you Jimmy rot in hell.  Take Stansfield Turner with you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would hate for him to be alone in his passing. Maybe he can take Nancy, Diane, and Maxine with him?

One could hope….
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He always seemed to me to be one of those pathological compulsive “do-gooders” who are motivated by what they think will cause others to look at them as virtuous, yet whose words and deeds frequently lead to great evil under the guise of doing good.

Always admiring himself in the mirror while patting himself on the back for his supposed-yet-not-at-all-wise-wisdom, like many others of that ilk, he has left a trail of destruction in his wake that can not be offset by any ‘good’ that he may have done along the way.

I will not miss him.

View Quote

Well stated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, Bye & Farewell Jimmy!

Having lived through his term, he as Not a "good president" by any stretch, but he did a lot with his life after his term to help his fellow citizens.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

It's always smoke and mirrors.  Just current technology somewhat prevents the charade.  So the commies now just do their crimes right up front without fear of consequences.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this the kind of place that does the whole "Never speak ill of the dying/dead'?

Because I am always gleeful when my enemy dies, without me having to intervene.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.
View Quote

He sucked, well - bye.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd love to hear your reasoning for why he's worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.

I'd love to hear your reasoning for why he's worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
Same, not defending him, but 77-81 I was still in grade school and decades from even thinking about politics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Look at all the democrat boomers in this thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#10]
98 is a good run.  

I hope he's right with the Lord.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's scared of rabbits too.

Fucking rabbits!
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A decent man....

The last decent democrat.

View Quote

More on the lines of a useful idiot communist. The John Lennon “Imagine” kind.  I will give it to him, he at least lived the, help his comrades life, after his presidency. Which you won’t  see this new crop of communist democrats doing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In 1979 the media was willing to criticize a Democrat president and have him look bad (remember the rabbit incident? )

That won't happen again
View Quote

He was damaging the image of liberal Democrats, so they had no problem criticizing him.  The liberal media have no problem turning on one of their own if the greater cause is being damaged.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was a kid then, but my memory is of him being a genuinely good person who was really bad at the job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, Bye & Farewell Jimmy!

Having lived through his term, he as Not a "good president" by any stretch, but he did a lot with his life after his term to help his fellow citizens.

Bigger_Hammer

I was a kid then, but my memory is of him being a genuinely good person who was really bad at the job.

The media had a much freeer hand in crafting a public image than they do today.  Consider you'd likely feel the same about Biden, if he were also the President in 1977.

I was very young during his Presidency, and I too would have your initial impression ofnhis character.  Then I realize that I never met him, and anything I've read or heard about him was undoubtedly crafted to give me a particular impression.

You don't get to his position by being a humble, nice man.  Besides, at a certain level of incompetence, personal like for the guy must to take a backseat, and his foreign policy can only be construed as anti-American and self-loathing.  

Fuck that guy.  He did this country a lot of harm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In my quest for brevity, I simply misspoke. Prior to those worthless assholes, he was. He still rates a nerf casket as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
View Quote

Nice to hear from you.  I don't see many of your posts lately, and it is nice to have your input.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is the one that opened up American immigration to Third Worlders.  One of the most destructive things ever done to this country.

LBJ created Federal welfare to get Democrat voters.  Carter imported welfare queens to get Democrat voters.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#17]
He wasn't our worst President.

And given what we've "elected" into the position today, We The People don't have a whole lot of room to criticize.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.

All 4 are garbage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A decent man....

View Quote

Bullshit!  Tell that to the Delta boys who lost their lives in the desert during the aborted Tehran hostage rescue mission.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Never cared for the man as president.  I wish him peace and hope his passing is pleasant.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bullshit!  Tell that to the Delta boys who lost their lives in the desert during the aborted Tehran hostage rescue mission.
View Quote

Marine CO insisting on Marine helo pilots at the last minute, and ignoring the advice of the seasoned CSAR pilots that had trained to fly that mission - that’s who was really to blame.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I believe that he is a good man, who as president made some bad decisions.  And unlike those that came after him, he loved his country, served with honor and didn't make millions off of his influence.  And he was probably the best ex-president the US has ever had, he gave back when others just lock themselves up in mansions and party with the Hollywood elite.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is this the kind of place that does the whole "Never speak ill of the dying/dead'?

View Quote

No,  GD generally lacks that much class.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Among the worst of US presidents in history.
I never shed a tear for any Democrat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
DJT will not be invited to the funeral.

The MSM’s canonization of Carter will be a preview of FJB’s post death MSM legacy.
View Quote

They will be hitting garage sales looking for cheap scores on folding lawn chairs to attend that one.
2 dozen should do the trick.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A decent man....

Fucking-A.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

People who say things like that remember the 18% official inflation rate, and if you were not one of the 8% officially unemployed, you might be able to get a 14% annual rate home mortgage. And this was because the people of this country had malaise and wouldn't work hard enough.

Meanwhile, the Army families for most enlisted were on food stamps, which were accepted at the Commissary as a now "extra benefit" of military service. Iran has a revolution and takes the personnel of the US Embassy hostage. The military mounts a rescue attempt which fails, causing great embarrassment to the US.

The CIA is reformed, to get out of the spy business because we have satellites. Some number of operatives are unmasked and a few of them murdered.

Meanwhile, the Soviet Union invades Afghanistan .... and sponsors various "liberation" groups in Central and South America - see previous paragraph. Also, South Korea and Taiwan are told off because their governments are not up to US standards.

And we negotiated giving the Panama Canal to Panama as an apology for our evil deeds of the past.

Quite an impressive four years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who say things like that remember the 18% official inflation rate, and if you were not one of the 8% officially unemployed, you might be able to get a 14% annual rate home mortgage. And this was because the people of this country had malaise and wouldn't work hard enough.

Meanwhile, the Army families for most enlisted were on food stamps, which were accepted at the Commissary as a now "extra benefit" of military service. Iran has a revolution and takes the personnel of the US Embassy hostage. The military mounts a rescue attempt which fails, causing great embarrassment to the US.

The CIA is reformed, to get out of the spy business because we have satellites. Some number of operatives are unmasked and a few of them murdered.

Meanwhile, the Soviet Union invades Afghanistan .... and sponsors various "liberation" groups in Central and South America - see previous paragraph. Also, South Korea and Taiwan are told off because their governments are not up to US standards.

And we negotiated giving the Panama Canal to Panama as an apology for our evil deeds of the past.

I'm with you, he was a shitstick.

Let's not forget that Rhodesia's demise came in 1979 under Carter's watch.

Unlike South Africa, Rhodesia was not an Apartheid state and had native Africans serving in the legislature, military, and police who shared a hatred for communism that Carter took no issue with and in fact was sympathetic to.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Seems like a nice person. A horrible POTUS but a nice guy.
View Quote

I had drinks with Bill Clinton a couple of times, seemed like a nice person... seemed
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Can we trade his dying shell for the Panama Canal?
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Been a while since we've had a good state funeral. We have to show the Brits that we still know how to do one after the big send-off they gave Liz.
Will Biden arrange to have the trans flag proudly waving at the head of the procession?
Maybe his man-in-a-dress health tsar can be the standard bearer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Can we trade his dying shell for the Panama Canal?
View Quote

I'd rather have had the Shah (and Fam) back for the last 43 years, and serving as a semi-secular example of Islam we could live with.  It would take another Just Cause, but the Canal is ours whenever we need it.  Can't say the same about a friendly, pro-Western, secular Iran.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Seems like a nice person. A horrible POTUS but a nice guy.
View Quote

Expected some 7th ID withdrawal from Korea vets innthe thread but none so far
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here, I always glee when evil dies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Same, not defending him, but 77-81 I was still in grade school and decades from even thinking about politics.
View Quote

I was in grade school at the time too but all too well aware of politics since just escaping Vietnam right before the commies took over.  FJC
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

He set nuclear power back in the US decades.  We can't re enrich rods because of that stupid c*ck sucker to start.  Imagine where we'd be as a nation if we could have built more and more nuke plants starting in the 80's without the absurd amount of Red tape that takes multiple decades.  Imagine the amount of waste reduction if we could just re enrich the rods.....there's mountains of shit on why that guy fucked the country and about ties Obama and FJB for worst president in History of the US.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Good.  Hurry up fucko
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Unlike South Africa, Rhodesia was not an Apartheid state and had native Africans serving in the legislature, military, and police who shared a hatred for communism that Carter took no issue with and in fact was sympathetic to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything “nice” about Carter was a crafted image.  He was a bad person, and a horrible President.  The world will be a better place without him.

The most positive thing I can say about him is that he wasn’t as much of a rabid Marxist moonbat as his democrat successors.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I remember the day he was elected. I was 10yrs od. My dad was pissed, said the country is screwed. He was spot on. Carter sucked.

Biden still the worst President in history living or dead.
View Quote

I remember getting in my Grandmother’s car and hearing her say how she regretted voting for him when I was 7 or 8. I was pretty young when my Grandfather on my Dad’s side and my Grandmother on my Mom’s side died the year Reagan got elected.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Smithers! Send the Widow a canned ham!

Yes, Sir!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Lived through his presidency as a teenager. Horrible policies at every step. A national embarrassment. If Nixon was the architect of American post-war decline, Carter was the construction foreman. On the wrong side of every issue during and post-presidency.

Insufferable humble-braggart and narcissist. Tired of seeing his stupid face and hearing his stupid voice. Tired of hearing from him and about him when he's been utterly irrelevant for over 40 years.

Time for him to GTFO of here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#43]
He was a highly intelligent individual. He was on the team that developed the first nuclear powered submarine and I believe he commanded it. Anyway, it here was a nuclear incident in Canada and carter was one of the few people in the world that could do anything and was lucked that he didn't end up getting cancer from radiation.. Pretty interesting to read about it.  Was he a good president? Well, let's just say there was a lot worse after him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
His personae was a fabrication.
View Quote

Sounds like a politician.  Every politician.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He was a highly intelligent individual. He was on the team that developed the first nuclear powered submarine and I believe he commanded it. Anyway, it here was a nuclear incident in Canada and carter was one of the few people in the world that could do anything and was lucked that he didn't end up getting cancer from radiation.. Pretty interesting to read about it.  Was he a good president? Well, let's just say there was a lot worse after him.
View Quote

No, he was a Shitty President, and a shitty human being.  

Sadly for him, He was the last Democrat the Media was willing to criticize at all.    

Everybody Hated him.  From adults, down to little kids.    And this was in New Jersey!  

Picture Trump derangement syndrome, except Everybody had it.   He didn’t have any fan base at all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#47]
The replies in this thread show how well his PR plan works. Plenty of evidence that he's not the kind farmer he pretends to be. The damage he did as POTUS is still being felt today. I hope he passes peacefully, but I'm already dreading the over the top coverage from the MSM about what a great guy he was, along with every shithead current politician going on and on about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#49]
He kicked the Shah of Iran to the curb, withdrew CIA activities worldwide which resulted in total instability in the middle east and the total shit-show that's been going on there ever since.

At the dedication of the Holocaust museum in DC in 1979 he talked about never standing aside while genocide was being commited - but could not have cared less about Pol Pot's killing fields.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was just getting started. My list should not be considered complete or exhaustive.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top