Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's sad to watch.  My church is a small satellite of a megachurch and it has gone from taking one offering per service (10 min tops) to talking about it for 40 minutes and usually two offerings... Bob Rogers gotta have his munny!!!

It's all a huge scam.  Ask God for prosperity and surrender your life to Him, no strings attached, and you will see your life change... It doesn't take 10% to the big guy to do that.

I donate money because I want to, not because it's required, and it doesn't go to the church.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
False prophet. Grifter. NOT a man of God.

The Bible warns us of such people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

How are we supposed to believe you without any evidence?

What does the Bible have to say about it (Sola Scriptura).

The Bible states who the accuser of the brethren is?

Eta:
??Job? ?1:6? ?
One day the members of the heavenly court came to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them.

??Job? ?2:1? ?
One day the members of the heavenly court came again to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them.

??Revelation? ?12:9?-?11? ?
This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels. Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, “It has come at last— salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth— the one who accuses them before our God day and night.  And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.
-------
I'm more careful to examine accusations. Because, the enemy is a slanderous liar, it is his nature.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
how the fuck does he do this?

The grift / scam must work as he's got all this money and all these followers.
View Quote

How is Kim Kardashian a billionaire?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How are we supposed to believe you without any evidence?

What does the Bible have to say about it (Sola Scriptura).

The Bible states who the accuser of the brethren is?

Eta:
??Job? ?1:6? ?
One day the members of the heavenly court came to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them.

??Job? ?2:1? ?
One day the members of the heavenly court came again to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them.

??Revelation? ?12:9?-?11? ?
This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels. Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, “It has come at last— salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth— the one who accuses them before our God day and night.  And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.
-------
I'm more careful to examine accusations. Because, the enemy is a slanderous liar, it is his nature.

View Quote

Well for starters he's OK with homosexuality.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
His wife has a strange look in her eyes.
View Quote
She's thinking about all the stuff she can go shopping for with the extra money.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are donations to churches tax write offs?

Ive always been curious as I live in a area ripe with large churches. Always wondered how exactly they made ends meet on donations
View Quote

Charitable contributions are deductible.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Blinking mother fucker trying to hypnotize me with his blinking ass eyes
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hold on.  

Taxpayers can choose to itemize their deductions, which is required when taking a charitable contribution deduction, or take the standard deduction when filing tax returns. For 2023 the standard deduction is $27,700 for married couples.  https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/041315/tips-charitable-contributions-limits-and-taxes.asp

IIRC, a couple would have to have $27,700 in deductions before a dime of charitable contributions are deducted.
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I used to watch Joel Osteen.  I never saw him talk about sin, repentance, or the need to have Jesus remove the death sentence that sin brings.  I get it that his marketing strategy (yes, I meant to say that) is to preach to people who are already believers, but I think getting sinners to repent was the main focus of the book of Acts.  We need for the Christian church to get back to that, and Joel Osteen sure ain't helpin' any.
View Quote
We preachers that   Preach Those  Foundational principles understand that we would first of all never take out a 100 million dollar loan but second of all we've never asked anyone to pay it off.

We are an inner city ministry,  we have never owed money For anything that the church owns.    We do not own much,  All 3 of my church vans, (95% of my congregation needs a ride to church)  are  in desperate need of replacement.   The 98 Ford E350 has 240000 miles on it,  The '01 Chevy3500 Has a 170000 miles on it but a 140,000  Of those miles are inner city miles which my mechanic says counts is double  on the engine and the frame.  The 98 dodge has 240 000 on it and is finished.   They are a huge thorn in this inner city pastor's side.  If I don't have at least 2 vans running I can't get my congregation in for service.

My church building was built-in the 1870s,  It has no insulation and the windows are as old as the building.  Somehow God is using all the old things to make new people.  I have drug addicts and crackwhores to know the Lord as their personal Savior.  

I'm thankful that I have no debt in this world but I am more thankful I have no eternal sin debt.   All I can do is share that good news with a lost and dying world.  Getting up and bragging about having no debt after you've taken a 100 million dollar loan out is not sharing the true Gospel  But rather it does grave damage to those of us that are striving to truly serving the Lord.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stepford Wife
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We preachers that   Preach Those  Foundational principles understand that we would first of all never take out a 100 million dollar loan but second of all we've never asked anyone to pay it off.

We are an inner city ministry,  we have never owed money For anything that the church owns.    We do not own much,  All 3 of my church vans, (95% of my congregation needs a ride to church)  are  in desperate need of replacement.   The 98 Ford E350 has 240000 miles on it,  The '01 Chevy3500 Has a 170000 miles on it but a 140,000  Of those miles are inner city miles which my mechanic says counts is double  on the engine and the frame.  The 98 dodge has 240 000 on it and is finished.   They are a huge thorn in this inner city pastor's side.  If I don't have at least 2 vans running I can't get my congregation in for service.

My church building was built-in the 1870s,  It has no insulation and the windows are as old as the building.  Somehow God is using all the old things to make new people.  I have drug addicts and crackwhores to know the Lord as their personal Savior.  

I'm thankful that I have no debt in this world but I am more thankful I have no eternal sin debt.   All I can do is share that good news with a lost and dying world.  Getting up and bragging about having no debt after you've taken a 100 million dollar loan out is not sharing the true Gospel  But rather it does grave damage to those of us that are striving to truly serving the Lord.
View Quote

Thank you for your service!
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amen and couldn’t agree more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Big churches get big tithes.  What a grifter.
View Quote

What churches get nut tithes?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There are those who also defend Creflo "Create a flow" Dollar...................and he is one of the worst
View Quote

Creflo used to have a house near my ex. He always had 2-3 Bentleys parked out front. He eventually built a huge privacy fence all the way around his property. It was about 8-10 acres and a 6000 square foot house
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't watch him because I don't agree with what he preaches, but it might interest OP to know, that every church pays for their repairs and upgrades with member donations and tithes, and always have.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Creflo used to have a house near my ex. He always had 2-3 Bentleys parked out front. He eventually built a huge privacy fence all the way around his property. It was about 8-10 acres and a 6000 square foot house
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are those who also defend Creflo "Create a flow" Dollar...................and he is one of the worst

I understand the that Creflo bought a motherfukin  G-5 from Kenniff.
Broke in two pieces on takeoff from Maui somewhere.

The aircraft wasn't getting enough inspections on a regular basis.

Imagine that.

Probably some demons trying to break out of that sum bitch too..
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#18]

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.  Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I understand the that Creflo bought a motherfukin  G-5 from Kenniff.
Broke in two pieces on takeoff from Maui somewhere.

The aircraft wasn't getting enough inspections on a regular basis.

Imagine that.

Probably some demons trying to break out of that sum bitch too..
View Quote

This is simply perfect......
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So have I, but it sounds like a mere formality, like, "I better mention Jesus now."  I don't think his technique motivates very many people to come to Christ who aren't believers already.  I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I'd have to see definite numbers on how many people have become Christians during one of his sermons.

I bet it's slightly more than Tony Robbins.
View Quote

I heard a few minutes of him now and then years ago.  I don't recall him EVER saying Jesus even once, and don't recall seeing any crosses in that Vanity Arena of his. His personal arena.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What makes him a Christian?
View Quote

He personally owns a giant "church" and social club. And he says pleasant things. Ain't that enough?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#22]
One of my old school favorite creepy tv 'pastors'. My Grandmother always watched him on Sunday morning.

@ 43:30 for the heelin. Dig the "catchers" with matching ice cream suits.

Born Again - Los Angeles, CA 1978
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Those jumping to conclusions based on soundbites they got from MSM in this thread would be well-advised to listen to you. I know of a few people like you that Osteen's sermons on the radio helped pull out of a dark spot. They never gave him any $ aside from what their Sirius radio subs paid him.

He ain't perfect, but he's also not shoving 43 different sexual orientations down our children's throats or blaming white males and nuclear families for all of mankind's problems.

As a Christian, I don't find his gospel interpretations perfect, but neither are mine. At least we're generally on the same side.

WRT to megachurches in general, for every Joel Osteen there are many more Tim Hawks (retired pastor of Hill Country Bible, lived a very modest life, outstanding scholar) or even Max Lucado's (stayed by the front door every Sunday until every single person who wanted to speak with him was gone, donated a large portion of the proceedings from his many books) that most of you have never heard of.
View Quote

This attitude is why the Mainline Churches (PCUSA, UMC, Etc) went crazy liberal
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I heard a few minutes of him now and then years ago.  I don't recall him EVER saying Jesus even once, and don't recall seeing any crosses in that Vanity Arena of his. His personal arena.
View Quote

Listen to a Joel Olsteen sermons and then a John MacAthor sermon. Joel Olsteen is a con man, but incredibly intelligent. He pulled his con off perfectly. He chose the perfect location, demographic and said and did all the right things to create a base of useful idiots who blindly open their wallets.

Him and Kanye should go on a world tour
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Listen to a Joel Olsteen sermons and then a John MacAthor sermon. Joel Olsteen is a con man, but incredibly intelligent. He pulled his con off perfectly. He chose the perfect location, demographic and said and did all the right things to create a base of useful idiots who blindly open their wallets.

Him and Kanye should go on a world tour
View Quote

Charlatan "Preachers" especially victimize the elderly, who are close to the end and want to believe something.  And many have piles of money and not much longer to donate it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Holy shit , now I can’t unsee it
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Charlatan "Preacher" especially victimize the elderly, who are close to the end and want to believe something.  And many have piles of money and not much longer to donate it.
View Quote

Yeah, it is pretty sad. He isn’t the first, but he sure perfected it. He manages squeeze every cent he can out of his congregation, and most are well off.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Osteen is a motivational speaker, nothing more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#31]
He is not a preacher/pastor , he is a motivational speaker.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He is a con man. They were doing repairs in his church and opened up a wall. There was a bag of cash with over 100K in it and passports.

His sermons are complete garbage and no substance. Does he even read out of the Bible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to watch Joel Osteen.  I never saw him talk about sin, repentance, or the need to have Jesus remove the death sentence that sin brings.  I get it that his marketing strategy (yes, I meant to say that) is to preach to people who are already believers, but I think getting sinners to repent was the main focus of the book of Acts.  We need for the Christian church to get back to that, and Joel Osteen sure ain't helpin' any.

He is a con man. They were doing repairs in his church and opened up a wall. There was a bag of cash with over 100K in it and passports.

His sermons are complete garbage and no substance. Does he even read out of the Bible?

+1 FJO
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I occasionally catch him between my Sunday workouts and my local church.  I hear him talk about all of that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only way for any of us to not have 'eternal sin debt' was for one man to die. It was His shed blood that paid the price for the world's sin debt, once and for all. He is the Judge of the living and of the dead.

Money itself is not evil, nor is having an excess of money a sin.

Being prosperous, having an abundance is that a sin? The answer must be, yes when you have very little [sarcasm]. Or maybe not content at all with your present condition.

Having little might be a religious self-righteous badge to wear. I'd confess that I want my soul to prosper, my health to prosper and finances to prosper too. I desire an abundant life that I'm promised in Christ. I'd rather be blessed and not cursed.

My Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills, all the gold and silver is His. He laughs... at what men find great esteem in. He owns it all.

You can not out give God. Giving is receiving.

A believer understands condemnation is for who? Those who do not believe, and that they are condemned already.

It may do well to take time to actually propagate the good news to those in your sphere of influence rather than accuse others.

Easy to accuse, could be a subtle executed distraction from the mission. Ooh look there at that minister which we don't agree with. No courage required, and that gets our attention.

But on the other hand, not mention the name of Jesus our Lord, our God amongst men we work with. That's too scary, too difficult.

When do we look inside our own heart?

These type threads go just as expected. Mostly ignorant, accusations.

Jesus is the answer.

??Luke? ?16:15? ?
He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight.

I'm not on this bandwagon fellas.
This isn't the first thread like this one and likely not the last. But one thing I believe is certain...

Maranatha

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#35]
They have secured the Church to use as a base of operations.

Now we'll find out if they really mean it.  Are they going to roll all that cash flow into tackling the areas problems and making things better.

I hope they can do it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This attitude is why the Mainline Churches (PCUSA, UMC, Etc) went crazy liberal
View Quote

That makes no sense at all. Wife and I met in a UMC Church, and left when it started showing cracks of liberalism. You're so far off base you might as well be at the hot dog stand.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#37]
He's a rock star in the religion
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember that.

$$$$ and Passports.
no one knew anything about it.

False Prophets will burn in the 7th layer of hell, along with Child Abusers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
 All 3 of my church vans, (95% of my congregation needs a ride to church)  are  in desperate need of replacement.   The 98 Ford E350 has 240000 miles on it,  The '01 Chevy3500 Has a 170000 miles on it but a 140,000  Of those miles are inner city miles which my mechanic says counts is double  on the engine and the frame.  The 98 dodge has 240 000 on it and is finished.   They are a huge thorn in this inner city pastor's side.  If I don't have at least 2 vans running I can't get my congregation in for service.

My church building was built-in the 1870s,  It has no insulation and the windows are as old as the building.
View Quote

Sounds like the broke dick church buses I work on.
Y'all need to pray harder
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
for the weak minded
View Quote

Yes.

But no different than the weak minded who pay for the casinos in Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The only way for any of us to not have 'eternal sin debt' was for one man to die. It was His shed blood that paid the price for the world's sin debt, once and for all. He is the Judge of the living and of the dead.

Money itself is not evil, nor is having an excess of money a sin.

Being prosperous, having an abundance is that a sin? The answer must be, yes when you have very little [sarcasm]. Or maybe not content at all with your present condition.

Having little might be a religious self-righteous badge to wear. I'd confess that I want my soul to prosper, my health to prosper and finances to prosper too. I desire an abundant life that I'm promised in Christ. I'd rather be blessed and not cursed.

My Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills, all the gold and silver is His. He laughs... at what men find great esteem in. He owns it all.

You can not out give God. Giving is receiving.

A believer understands condemnation is for who? Those who do not believe, and that they are condemned already.

It may do well to take time to actually propagate the good news to those in your sphere of influence rather than accuse others.

Easy to accuse, could be a subtle executed distraction from the mission. Ooh look there at that minister which we don't agree with. No courage required, and that gets our attention.

But on the other hand, not mention the name of Jesus our Lord, our God amongst men we work with. That's too scary, too difficult.

When do we look inside our own heart?

These type threads go just as expected. Mostly ignorant, accusations.

Jesus is the answer.

Luke   16:15  
He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God's sight.

I'm not on this bandwagon fellas.
This isn't the first thread like this one and likely not the last. But one thing I believe is certain...

Maranatha

View Quote
Your post confused me a bit.  Nowhere in my post did I say that money is wicked or being blessed with it is wicked.  BUT when you use the name of Jesus to get rich, then you are the wicked.  

The Bible says to judge by their fruit and Olsteen's fruit is love of money and power. .  It also says "The Love of money is the root of evil" and this wolf (IMHO) in sheep's clothing (Olsteen) will be told by the Righteous Judge (Jesus) "Depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you." (Mt 7:23)

I hope and pray that Olsteen comes to the saving grace of my Saviour and Lord , Jesus Christ, and departs from his wicked ways.  He should then repay those that he has deceived two-fold and then stated declaring to all that will hear him that Jesus has paid his debt his sin-debt and that he (Olseen) is on his way to Heaven!  

I have no problem with calling a wolf in sheep's clothing what he is, a false prophet on his way to Hell  The Lord commands me to do so in the Bible.!  As God's preacher, I am commanded to espouse Truth!

A born again saved wrenched sinner,

Amos1909

ETA

I meant to mention that Olsteen (as a wolf in sheep's clothing)is doing great harm to Christ's cause and needs to be called out as sin by all of Christians!

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God bless you sir  and thank you
??
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You've met my ex-wife?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Demon spawn. I’ve seen it before.

You've met my ex-wife?

Is your name Mike or Terry….?
Yeah, I fell for her “Christian” scam too.

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sounds like the broke church buses I work on.
Y'all need to pray harder
View Quote
we do that but my first thought on the matter is to "SERVE GOD HARDER!".
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#45]
The preachers that I found that I can trust are pretty much the country, small town ones. The ones that would take care of the church themselves, cut the grass and such. They would visit the congregation when they were sick, preach their funerals, genuinely listen to their troubles and offer hope and encouragement. They would try and lead young and old to God without cameras and teleprompters. It was their calling, and it was not for the money. Those preachers and Billy Graham gave me hope.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Catholic Church owns more real estate than McDonalds or Bill Gates, I think somewhere around 177 million acres.
View Quote

Including hospitals, orphanages, retreat centers, summer camps.

I have a huge problem with the Catholic Church, but come on.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#47]
There's a special place in hell for that guy.

H
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Kenneth Copeland still has him beat for looking like an evil bastard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:14:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Does he even menition scripture in his "services"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:05:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He is truly a nice guy. I don’t know his church business stuff but I give him a pass. Attack attack attack.
View Quote

That's how con artists work.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top