Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever course President Trump chooses will I am sure be legal and just.  Do y'all think he tweets shit to Mattis and the cabinet and they just make it happen?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
According to our own stupid ass laws the US cannot use the Armed forces to do this.

Posse Comitatus and Martial Law
The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 prohibits the use of U.S. military forces to perform the tasks of civilian law enforcement such as arrest, apprehension, interrogation, and detention unless explicitly authorized by Congress.

The Posse Comitatus Act, signed into law by President Rutherford B. Hayes on June 18, 1878, limits the power of the federal government in the use of federal military personnel to enforce U.S. laws and domestic policies within the borders of the United States. The law was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was subsequently amended in 1956 and 1981.

As originally enacted in 1878, the Posse Comitatus Act applied only to the U.S. Army but was amended in 1956 to include the Air Force. In addition, the Department of the Navy has enacted regulations intended to apply the Posse Comitatus Act restrictions to the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.

The Posse Comitatus Act does not apply to the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard when acting in a law enforcement capacity within its own state when ordered by the governor of that state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state’s governor.

Operating under the Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Coast Guard is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act. While the Coast Guard is an “armed service,” it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

The Posse Comitatus Act was originally enacted due to the feeling of many members of Congress at the time that President Abraham Lincoln had exceeded his authority during the Civil War by suspending habeas corpus and creating military courts with jurisdiction over civilians.

It should be noted that the Posse Comitatus Act greatly limits, but does not eliminate the power of the President of the United States to declare "martial law," the assumption of all civilian police powers by the military.

The president, under his or her constitutional powers to put down insurrection, rebellion, or invasion, may declare martial law when local law enforcement and court systems have ceased to function. For example, after the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, President Roosevelt declared martial law in Hawaii at the request of the territorial governor.

So does Trump have something up his sleeve, or is he just bloviating to get through the mid term elections?
View Quote
You're incorrect.

It's not CIVILIANS.  It's CITIZENS.  The US Military can't be used on the US Citizenry.
These aren't citizens.  They're foreign invaders.
Fuck them.  Use the full force of the US Military.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Here ya go @raf Further verification I'm not a liberal.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Friday/Saturday night bar shirt and Spikes Crusader.
I don't think a progressive/liberal would have either in their possession...
Nor be a member of the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Corrected

Although it would of been nice of you to actually comment on the thread.
View Quote
How about this.....protecting our borders is the only constitutionally mandated mission of the US military
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

OH, link, please.
View Quote
It eventually got taken care of by medicmandan
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why do some people thirst for violence when it is not needed, nor desirable?
View Quote
Do you think these people are going to simply peacefully turn around and walk back to Honduras ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Meh, America is a safe space, the bulk of the rest of the world, especially the non-westernized countries only understand force.

The day dream of using force to erase existential threats to the country is just an expression of the desire to prove that the border of our country is real and we play for keeps.

It's the opposite of the globalist open border fools who want to make our country horrible via letting awful people in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Just seize the first 100 meters south of the border.

If Mexico objects....

Halls of Montezuma second verse same as the first.

Then "renegotiate" the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. I want all of Baja as a protectorate and the Sea of Cortez.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Federal courts ruled states have no authority over the border and federal courts/Hawaii judge™ will rule that Trump/federal executive branch has no authority to protect the border.

The border is a geographical and legal oddity, legally undefined and legally indefensible by any subdivision of the United States.
View Quote
There will come a time when the Hawaiian judge will issue a "ruling", giving no time to appeal, and the President will have to say, "Sorry, but the law is on my side, I am ignoring your ruling and continuing on with my legal duty. Appeal THAT to SCOTUS." Fed judges cannot be able to tie the presidents hands in an area so clearly spelled out by the Constitution, but nobody has the testicular fortitude to simply do it, in the face of the Left and the Media screaming.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They are mercenaries paid for by Soros & company. Fix Bayonets and gas them of all I care, they are an invasion force.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
He's gonna cave on this. The media will make this a ginned up "Humanitarian crisis", and Mexico will make sure it looks that way.

No way he'll get tough on these people. No way.

Hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet a dime.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He's gonna cave on this. The media will make this a ginned up "Humanitarian crisis", and Mexico will make sure it looks that way.

No way he'll get tough on these people. No way.

Hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet a dime.
View Quote
if he does anything else the GOP can kiss their majority goodbye and trump likely can kiss a second term goodbye as well. and if he does do something extra strength stupid the can kiss the GOP continuing to support him goodbye.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I disagree.  Let's say there are 15,000 of these invaders.  So Trump announces 1.5 Billion in Humanitarian Aid to them, administered by Mex Gov't.  On the face of it, that would be more $$$, per person, than any of them could ever have in their lives.

Of course, the Mex Gov't will siphon off the vast majority of the "Aid", and disperse the invaders forthwith.

That's my guess.  It's happened before.
View Quote
still a no win for trump, his hard line supporters and the most ardent of the "build the wall" types will hit the fucking roof when news breaks that trump paid off the icky mexican government to get rid of icky would be illegal immigrants instead of getting ham fisted with both of the aforementioned parties
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Invade northern Mexico. Bulldoze a 5 mile wide strip and declare it a free fire zone.  Problem solved. Fuck the invaders, Mexico, Democrats, and the UN.
View Quote
This^ The President has what 30 days he can declare war. Set up a prison camp and an airstrip. Let Mexico know to stay out of it. And let Honduras know if they don't take their people back they get no further money. They get CIA involvement instead.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Better than worldwide, wall-to-wall, world-wide media coverage of "Bloodshed-On-The-Border", with carefully-edited/filmed vids of "Innocent Refugees" being gunned down in droves.

Right before the Mid-Term elections.

What would make Trump look good; gunning down "Refugees", or paying off Mex gov't to de-fuse the situation?

Hey, I could be wrong, but just stating how I would play it.

After temporary crisis has passed, Trump has more evidence for the Wall to be funded.
View Quote
it would suck less for him sure, but still I don't see how he could spin it into a win. I don't THINK trump is so stupid as to tell the .mil to open fire on them. I think the biggest threat is from the "militia" types down on the border who might take it upon themselves to start shooting at refugees if they're allowed to cross the border.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Texans as a whole understand state and federal roles.  I believe Texas will protect itself with or without Federal support.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

it would suck less for him sure, but still I don't see how he could spin it into a win. I don't THINK trump is so stupid as to tell the .mil to open fire on them. I think the biggest threat is from the "militia" types down on the border who might take it upon themselves to start shooting at refugees if they're allowed to cross the border.
View Quote
If the government doesn't do something, I think it's more likely than not that the latter will happen.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#26]
He can’t stop it.

He’s not going to order the military to mow down 10,000 civilians. It’s not going to happen and anyone who seriously thinks that’s an option is mentally retarded.

They also aren’t going to be able to do much to stop them through non lethal force either. This group is going to disperse and cross unfenced border sections. It would be impossible to track and apprehend them all when that happens.

For all the tards that talk about how a wall is stupid and we just need immigration reform to solve the problem take note. This is why we need a big fucking wall along with seismic sensors, cameras, drone surveillance and rapid response teams. Then you could easily turn back this mob. Expect to see lots more of this in the future now that they have figured out that it works.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Have the governor's of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona deploy their national guards.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This^ The President has what 30 days he can declare war. Set up a prison camp and an airstrip. Let Mexico know to stay out of it. And let Honduras know if they don't take their people back they get no further money. They get CIA involvement instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Invade northern Mexico. Bulldoze a 5 mile wide strip and declare it a free fire zone.  Problem solved. Fuck the invaders, Mexico, Democrats, and the UN.
Trump can’t declare war.

Congress isn’t going to declare war on Mexico. That isn’t even a serious option for discussion and is as silly as people thinking we’ll straff them with A-10s. We are not launching military actions in Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Declare them an invasion force and move combat units to engage and eliminate the threat. In Mexico.
View Quote
Declare Mexico the enemy, invade and annex all of its territory.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Declare them an invasion force and move combat units to engage and eliminate the threat. In Mexico.
Good Lord why?

You really want Mexico and it’s citizens? Think about that for a second.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#33]
"Did dat dere boy call me a pussy Communist?"
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Agreed with undisciplined militia types.  Don't forget that there are possibly some Progressives that are itching to start a fight in order to embarrass the US/Trump.  The US mil on the border will need to be looking in a lot of different directions.
View Quote
progressives won't need to do shit, trump has already gotten the anti immigration crowd whipped into such a froth it'll be a miracle if some of the militia assholes don't start shooting if these people attempt to cross the US border. when they do, yes WHEN it will be the anchor the dems will tie around the necks of trump and the GOP. there's no upside to this for trump or the GOP
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#36]
We are not going to open fire on the group heading this way, no matter who is mobilized to curtail their movements.  I could see us deploying troops to the border to prevent them from entering and I could see us warning Mexico that we will advance into their territory to prevent movement by this group.  Now one variable is the administrations of the various states along the border, they need to nut up and back what ever move is made by the Federal Government.

There is a lot of separate issues going on with this particular issue, so it is going to take separate logistics to come out of this mess without messing the midterms up and there are a lot of people who know that.  This is playing democracy at a whole different level of politics than has ever faced a President and each step has to be taken with care.

But again, unless threatening actions are being presented, we will not be taking action with lethal force against these people.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Punitive Expedition into Mexico, set up a go go zone, no unauthorized persons (including media) within said zone.

The .mil is not in the business of worrying about asylum seekers or any of that mess, they are just worried about preventing unauthorized persons from crossing a established line.

Mexico has needed a US .mil dildo shoved up their ass for some time now. Mexico is not our friend.

Let the left, the UN, and the MSM howl.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
According to our own stupid ass laws the US cannot use the Armed forces to do this.

Posse Comitatus and Martial Law
The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 prohibits the use of U.S. military forces to perform the tasks of civilian law enforcement such as arrest, apprehension, interrogation, and detention unless explicitly authorized by Congress.

The Posse Comitatus Act, signed into law by President Rutherford B. Hayes on June 18, 1878, limits the power of the federal government in the use of federal military personnel to enforce U.S. laws and domestic policies within the borders of the United States. The law was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was subsequently amended in 1956 and 1981.

As originally enacted in 1878, the Posse Comitatus Act applied only to the U.S. Army but was amended in 1956 to include the Air Force. In addition, the Department of the Navy has enacted regulations intended to apply the Posse Comitatus Act restrictions to the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.

The Posse Comitatus Act does not apply to the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard when acting in a law enforcement capacity within its own state when ordered by the governor of that state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor.

Operating under the Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Coast Guard is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act. While the Coast Guard is an "armed service," it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

The Posse Comitatus Act was originally enacted due to the feeling of many members of Congress at the time that President Abraham Lincoln had exceeded his authority during the Civil War by suspending habeas corpus and creating military courts with jurisdiction over civilians.

It should be noted that the Posse Comitatus Act greatly limits, but does not eliminate the power of the President of the United States to declare "martial law," the assumption of all civilian police powers by the military.

The president, under his or her constitutional powers to put down insurrection, rebellion, or invasion, may declare martial law when local law enforcement and court systems have ceased to function. For example, after the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, President Roosevelt declared martial law in Hawaii at the request of the territorial governor.

So does Trump have something up his sleeve, or is he just bloviating to get through the mid term elections?
View Quote
I am pretty sure he can set up an exclusion zone of 1 mile from the border, and have the military control it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We are not going to open fire on the group heading this way, no matter who is mobilized to curtail their movements.  I could see us deploying troops to the border to prevent them from entering and I could see us warning Mexico that we will advance into their territory to prevent movement by this group.  Now one variable is the administrations of the various states along the border, they need to nut up and back what ever move is made by the Federal Government.

There is a lot of separate issues going on with this particular issue, so it is going to take separate logistics to come out of this mess without messing the midterms up and there are a lot of people who know that.  This is playing democracy at a whole different level of politics than has ever faced a President and each step has to be taken with care.

But again, unless threatening actions are being presented, we will not be taking action with lethal force against these people.
View Quote
I doubt there will be any cross border incursion, as you said we're talking about unarmed civilians, a lot of them I grant you but unarmed civilians none the less. hard to justify a cross border incursion by US military forces based just upon that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#43]
I think the military has the power to repel foreign invasions.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Maybe Sessions should have SOROS brought up on RICO, I bet that would cut the funding off pretty damn quick.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Trick is to stop the invaders short of the border, in order to avoid US-directed/blamed bloodshed.  Agreed that some irresponsible militia types might take some shots at the invaders if presented with opportunity.  More likely that Progressive armed agents will try to do similar to provoke things.  That would be in the best interest of the Progs, and I suspect that they are funded/directed to do such.  IMHO.
View Quote
and mexico, a country trump has shit on relentlessly since he kicked off his campaign is going to just go along with what's convenient for the trump admin? again I'll say it, "progressive agents" whatever deep state boogeyman bullshit that is won't need to do anything. the militia types have been looking for a reason to start shooting for years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
refugees looking for a new home and work does not a foreign invasion make. mass illegal immigration? absolutely. but foreign invasion? not even close.

Quoted:

Maybe Sessions should have SOROS brought up on RICO, I bet that would cut the funding off pretty damn quick.
yeah, with that case full of solid evidence he has right?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He can’t stop it.

He’s not going to order the military to mow down 10,000 civilians. It’s not going to happen and anyone who seriously thinks that’s an option is mentally retarded.

They also aren’t going to be able to do much to stop them through non lethal force either. This group is going to disperse and cross unfenced border sections. It would be impossible to track and apprehend them all when that happens.

For all the tards that talk about how a wall is stupid and we just need immigration reform to solve the problem take note. This is why we need a big fucking wall along with seismic sensors, cameras, drone surveillance and rapid response teams. Then you could easily turn back this mob. Expect to see lots more of this in the future now that they have figured out that it works.
View Quote
You know the .mil doesn't actually have to shoot any of them right?

They can simple drag them back across to the Mexico side of the border each time they try to cross.
Jam all signals so their videos can't be uploaded & throw their electronic devices into the river.
They can't request asylum if they can't find someone from CBP...
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

refugees looking for a new home and work does not a foreign invasion make. mass illegal immigration? absolutely. but foreign invasion? not even close.

yeah, with that case full of solid evidence he has right?
View Quote
If this isn't a foreign invasion, what is?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You know the .mil doesn't actually have to shoot any of them right?

They can simple drag them back across to the Mexico side of the border each time they try to cross.
Jam all signals so their videos can't be uploaded & throw their electronic devices into the river.
They can't request asylum if they can't find someone from CBP...
View Quote
just simply drag an estimated 10,000 people (plus however many mexicans also decide to make a run with them) back across the border? you do realize we're not playing red rover on the playground right? "throw their electronics in the river" guess there'll be a river conveniently located right where they'll attempt to cross? you won't be able to silence the media on this. there's already too much attention.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:36:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If this isn't a foreign invasion, what is?
View Quote
it's en masse illegal immigration. plain and simple.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top