Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
you know its bad when we import American flags and our Olympic team has uniforms made over seas.

No one cares. the rich do it to save money, the middle class buy it to save money and the poor are too damn dumb to
see why their jobs are leaving every day and too damn lazy to vote for the right reasons.

We are all doomed but at least it will save us more money. what we save on the cheap shit we now pay to the fsa since they
are too dumb to learn new tricks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Slow Saturday, huh?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't care at all where the stuff I buy is manufactured.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried to have a product made once.....yeah it was a whole lot easier, cheaper to go overseas
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this nutnfancy guy from youtube?

Did I figure it out?

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You've chosen poorly attacking the wrong companies.

View Quote

Apparently Paul is gonna let this one ride out for a little while longer
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
No way
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I just went through my collection of free gun related hats I've accumulated over the years from a whole bunch of companies, the only one marked "made in usa" I have is from Tactical Tailor.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
We can discuss that at the next stockholders meeting
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]
OP is about to get dumpstered when he realizes everything he uses to post on AR15.com is Chinese/taiwan
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd rather buy from the Chicoms than "Union Made" by Americans.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If they were made in the US they'd cost $45 per. Screw that!
View Quote

No shit, it pisses me off already to pay $20+ for the hat of a company I support.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
guess ill leave this here

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-embroidered-outdoor-research-wind-pro-hat

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I just checked all of my ballcaps, made in China or Bangladesh. Color me not surprised. I buy US made whenever I can but stuff like clothing, plastics and electronics are damn near all made over seas.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I guess I'm the villain for wanting Americans and American business to support Americans and American businesses.  

View Quote

Why don't you start up a company that makes products in the US and compete with overseas companies?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You're about to be depessed with the following fact:

Lots of stuff is made overseas.
View Quote

And thanks to Obamatrade, now all the rest of the stuff that wasn't, will be too!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Third-world types should be making our hats.

As Americans, we should be doing more important shit that requires more valuable skills.
View Quote

At the same time, not everyone can be an engineer. Or at least not start out as one. A lot of entry jobs have really high requirements these days. IE, two years experience in the field or 5 years working experience.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Tactical Tailor hats are made in USA.

G
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
The problem is that around 30% of our population simply isn't smart enough to do much beyond manual labor jobs.  Once those jobs are all sent to china these people just go on welfare or turn to crime to make a living.  Basically we need jobs for the bottom rung of society too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

G
View Quote

It would be pretty embarrassing if they weren't.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You've chosen poorly attacking the wrong companies.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G

Using immigants getting paid way less than minimum?

Tactical tailor deals with sweatshops
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Let me guess, you want everything to be:

*Made in the USA by American-born, native English speakers

*Best quality materials, workmanship, and QC.

*Lowest possible, near give-away price.

*You want it now or free overnight delivery

Yep we're in trouble.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fuck troy
fuck ctd
fuck dicks sporting goods
FBHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck, this thread should be about bashing Troy, Winchester, Colt or a shit load of other manufactures.

Fuck troy
fuck ctd
fuck dicks sporting goods
FBHO

Fuck all you gun toting, hip-gangster wannabes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I support ARF.

Though I did buy a couple Glocks, though, and sold my two M&Ps.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

As Americans, we should be doing more important shit that requires more valuable skills.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#30]
OP is circling the drain.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I guess I'm the villain for wanting Americans and American business to support Americans and American businesses.  

View Quote

More like dumbass not seeing the forest for the trees.

Have you seen the 100's of Haas CNC machines Mr Larue has in his shop?  That is supporting American business.

Who cares about a $5 hat?  I don't.  But, Mr LaRue has posted about the difficulties of buying American made hats in the past.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ITT, we bitch about free stuff.
View Quote

No such thing as free in business or government,  you pay for these thing with every purchase you make from the likes of larue or DD.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why couldn't they have just offered it on their website though and not alienate a large number of possible customers? Everyone online has a web browser. Not everyone uses FB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, members here bitched about a rifle giveaway on Facebook, because it was on Facebook.

Why couldn't they have just offered it on their website though and not alienate a large number of possible customers? Everyone online has a web browser. Not everyone uses FB.

Holy shit, you all weren't kidding
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, members here bitched about a rifle giveaway on Facebook, because it was on Facebook.

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yep.

A lot of people on this site support welfare in the form of tariffs/protectionism to prop up economically unsustainable jerbs.

In their little minds you should feel proud to pay extra $$ for a tard to make underwear (or a hat) b/c the tard happens to be 'Murican. lol
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#38]
LoL.  No good deed goes unpunished.  

If it was US made, it would be $28 wholesale, and you would be paying $60

Is that what you want op?   is it?  
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#39]

They buy them from overseas because if made here the quality would be twice as bad for 4 times the price
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm already depressed about it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're about to be depessed with the following fact:

Lots of stuff is made overseas.

I'm already depressed about it.  

Me too, pissed actually.

Try & find a pair of shoes at any major store that aren't made in China or some other 2-3rd world hole.

I bought a pair of Hunting Boots called Irish Setter that are "Of shoots" of Red-wing, a MN company that boasts their products are US made, well...

"MADE IN CHINA"
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Are you fucking kidding? Making shit like that is right up most Americans alley. I can't even begin to explain just how useless most of them are with their current skill sets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking kidding? Making shit like that is right up most Americans alley. I can't even begin to explain just how useless most of them are with their current skill sets.

go ahead and start a company then,  a fucking hat company, but don't forget all of the rules and taxes and costs. Then tell me what price you are willing to sell me that hat at and still keep your lights on.  The lights at your house and at your business.  go ahead
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Yet the same people bitch about buying foreign-branded cars that are actually made here, while preferring American-branded cars that aren't. Which is the same thing, but on a grander scale - so which is it, do they support the companies based here or the companies whose products are made here?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Not a villain, just a weak understanding of economics. "Buying American" is, in general, not a good strategy for economic growth in America. Feel patriotic all you want, but it actually hurts us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a villain, just a weak understanding of economics. "Buying American" is, in general, not a good strategy for economic growth in America. Feel patriotic all you want, but it actually hurts us.
WTF?

The derp is getting extra herpy.

There are millions  of people still working  making things in this country, for this country.

If you've driven through a construction zone in the last 10 years I promise you you've seen components that I designed, designed the dies to make, then made the dies.

The competition buys similar parts over seas, I'm busier than ever...

I have parts in orbit, I've made thousands of parts for up armored humvees and MRAPs.millions of parts for 400 watt HID light bulbs. From fire hydrant components and 4 wheelers to high speed glass inspection equipment...

I export to Europe and Asia.

My customers employ thousands in the US. How is this bad? Would they be better off slinging coffee at Starbucks?

The US gets fucked pretty regular on trade deals, china is laughing it's collective ass off at our stupidity. We export tech on purpose in the hopes of getting access to the huge Chinese market, instead the IP is stolen and a domestic Chinese company benefits. What we don't foolishly export they fucking steal.

We are losing an economic war that most don't even know we are fighting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Double tap
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Let the 3rd world make hats and we'll make firearms.  

That we we don't waste resources that could make firearms on make hats, resulting in more firearms

and more hats for us!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Hope you don't drive a Ford pickup.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
WTF?  

There are millions  of people still working  making things in this country, for this country.

If you've driven through a construction zone in the last 10 years I promise you you've seen components that I designed, designed the dies to make, then made the dies.

I have parts in orbit, I've made thousands of parts for up armored humvees and MRAPs.millions of parts for 400 watt HID light bulbs. From fire hydrant components and 4 wheelers to high speed glass inspection equipment...

My customers employ thousands in the US. How is this bad? Would they be better off slinging coffee at Starbucks?

The US gets fucked pretty regular on trade deals, china is laughing it's collective ass off at our stupidity. We export tech on purpose in the hopes of getting access to the huge Chinese market, instead the IP is stolen and a domestic Chinese company benefits. What we don't foolishly export they fucking steal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  

He gets it.

Follow the "Core Dollar".

If it leaves your country, it is not good for your economy. It is wealth leaving & not coming back if they do not buy things that came from your country.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep.

A lot of people on this site support welfare in the form of tariffs/protectionism to prop up economically unsustainable jerbs.

In their little minds you should feel proud to pay extra $$ for a tard to make underwear (or a hat) b/c the tard happens to be 'Murican. lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yep.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top