Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There goes NC. Time to find 2 million late ballots from Durham County.
View Quote

This you can depend on!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You should probably explain it to those who don’t understand.
View Quote

Absentee ballots get hung up in the mail. Should someone's vote not be counted simply because it's not received by election day?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He sided with Roberts and the Liberal judges.

Supreme Court Rejects GOP Appeal, Allows Democrats to Extend North Carolina Vote-by-Mail Deadline

In fact the whole supreme court is now worthless. How the fuck they can say 1 state must count the votes on election day but 2 other states can extend it?
View Quote
Because they are looking at what the state laws say about the matter.   You don't change the rules once the game has started.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#4]
You never, ever, want judges who take their marching orders from a political party.  That path leads to mucho darkness.  All politicians are swine.  Give one the opportunity and they'll devour anything.  Judges are our best and sanest hope against that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

THIS. ALL. DAMN. DAY. LONG.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I really do not get people anymore. Either you want activist judges or you do not. Which is it?  You cannot have it both ways just because on any given day your activist judge did the wrong thing for you personally...

Those judges are not supposed to be there to aid a political Party of any particular stand. We know that very well. But when they do not walk the Political line you subscribe to, and instead follow the Constitution, people get all out of shape, only because they are not the activist judge they expected for their side..

My post may be confusing, but the way people expect things to always go their way, is very confusing also.

Hypocrisy is running rampant in this Country now. It is great when one side does something good for you. But the other side does the identical thing for the other side, and it all the sudden is not OK with you anymore.

We are simply destroying ourselves from within now, with bitter hatred for one side or the other. We really need to figure out a way to bring this Country back together very soon. Or none of this Political crap will matter anymore. We will doom ourselves to a much worse fate than just this ridiculous political infighting and hate for each other that exists now. Just because we have differing views of things, we cannot allow it to destroy us completely....

I am old enough to not care for myself what happens anymore to me. But I really do not want my Grandkids and Kids growing up in a place that will not be recognizable to them.

When I was younger you had a political difference. You argued and no one really won. Now we want to kill and destroy the other guy instead of having a civil argument with him..

I do not understand what we have become. This is not a place I recognize anymore. So, so much more wrong than just simple political arguments now. It has sadly went dangerously beyond the simple old days of Political disagreement and move on..

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In this thread, we learn who doesn't understand how judges work.
View Quote

Please enlighten us with your knowledge.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#9]
The decision is sound, they can't stop the legislature from fucking up. This is NC's fault.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep.
Newt made the comment that this will allow them to know how many votes they need to generate if Trump is leading on election day.

Its not that hard to vote in person.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In this thread, we learn who doesn't understand how judges work.
View Quote

Lawyers are universally Democrats.

Lawyers are selected to be Judges

Judges vote party line
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ooh I get that alright.
Those other states' workings affect me though.  And THAT IS FUCKED to allow an election to be handled like that
View Quote

How does it affect you?  The electors don't vote until December 14th.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#14]
People have had a long time to vote in this state. At the rate we’re going, why limit to just 9 days?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#16]
After what the Left did to Kavanaugh, I don't think we need to worry about him empathizing with them too often.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are we still taking off the day after Election Day?...
View Quote

I think we should take vacation days until all the votes are counted.  The People call for a General Strike and stand firm with the Progressive Call to Power in the face of Facism, Racism and Voter Suppression!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm starting to think that certain things are destined to happen, no matter what we do.
View Quote

Yes, Destiny is what we will do.  It's inevitable.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is the North Carolina legislature's fault. They gave their board of elections too much power when they wrote the law.
View Quote

This is the answer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, the idea that since a justice rules differently than expected thry are somehow compromised is fucking dumb and hilarious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Total Clown world.

No, the idea that since a justice rules differently than expected thry are somehow compromised is fucking dumb and hilarious.

+1

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really do not get people anymore. Either you want activist judges or you do not. Which is it?  You cannot have it both ways just because on any given day your activist judge did the wrong thing for you personally...

Those judges are not supposed to be there to aid a political Party of any particular stand. We know that very well. But when they do not walk the Political line you subscribe to, and instead follow the Constitution, people get all out of shape, only because they are not the activist judge they expected for their side..

My post may be confusing, but the way people expect things to always go their way, is very confusing also.

Hypocrisy is running rampant in this Country now. It is great when one side does something good for you. But the other side does the identical thing for the other side, and it all the sudden is not OK with you anymore.

We are simply destroying ourselves from within now, with bitter hatred for one side or the other. We really need to figure out a way to bring this Country back together very soon. Or none of this Political crap will matter anymore. We will doom ourselves to a much worse fate than just this ridiculous political infighting and hate for each other that exists now. Just because we have differing views of things, we cannot allow it to destroy us completely....

I am old enough to not care for myself what happens anymore to me. But I really do not want my Grandkids and Kids growing up in a place that will not be recognizable to them.

When I was younger you had a political difference. You argued and no one really won. Now we want to kill and destroy the other guy instead of having a civil argument with him..

I do not understand what we have become. This is not a place I recognize anymore. So, so much more wrong than just simple political arguments now. It has sadly went dangerously beyond the simple old days of Political disagreement and move on..

View Quote

They want judges that will rule the way they want regardless of constitutionality, precedent, or merit.  Most posters on Arf has a zero tolerance policy towards political discourse.  I doubt you will find one politician that hasn't been accused of being a leftist commie at some point by someone in GD for doing something that someone didn't like.  Maybe Ted Cruz, though I wouldn't be surprised if he said something that set someone off at some point.

Just look at this thread.  Kavanaugh sides with states rights and makes a constitutionally sound judgement and people here are excoriating him because they don't like the ruling.  Now he's a compromised commie for not being an activist judge.

If you have a problem with this ruling you should be directing your rage at the asshats in NC that allowed this to happen.  They've done this exact thing several times in the past using powers delegated to them by the state legislature with no resistance whatsoever.  It's a bit disingenuous to suddenly cry foul.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Absentee ballots get hung up in the mail. Should someone's vote not be counted simply because it's not received by election day?
View Quote

They should’ve thought about that before they made mail in voting the preferential choice as to having pride in your country and actually getting off peoples asses to vote in person
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently the Dems have it both ways. How often do these liberal judges side with us?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Look guys, if the laws are set up correctly in a way I don't like, I still expect an honest judge to rule against me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They want judges that will rule the way they want regardless of constitutionality, precedent, or merit.  Most posters on Arf has a zero tolerance policy towards political discourse.  I doubt you will find one politician that hasn't been accused of being a leftist commie at some point by someone in GD for doing something that someone didn't like.  Maybe Ted Cruz, though I wouldn't be surprised if he said something that set someone off at some point.

Just look at this thread.  Kavanaugh sides with states rights and makes a constitutionally sound judgement and people here are excoriating him because they don't like the ruling.  Now he's a compromised commie for not being an activist judge.

If you have a problem with this ruling you should be directing your rage at the asshats in NC that allowed this to happen.  They've done this exact thing several times in the past using powers delegated to them by the state legislature with no resistance whatsoever.  It's a bit disingenuous to suddenly cry foul.
View Quote

Yup, but no one was complaining when they stripped Roy Cooper of a bunch of traditionally held powers... Now its somehow all the liberals and commie's fault.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If the decision was so clear cut why did the other three justices dissent?
View Quote

Thomas,Gorsuch,and Alito have been compromised!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#27]
May the EC select a winner and may all the fraudulent votes not matter in the end.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Apparently the Dems have it both ways. How often do these liberal judges side with us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going to do your homework for you but it happens more often than you think.  You just don't hear about it because nobody talks about cases that we win 7-2 or even 9-0.  We only tend to hear about major 2A cases or cases that we lose.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's the typical GD double standard.  Just got to learn to tune it out because you won't be able to change it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it shouldn't.

And that's why we have "election day" at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He sided with Roberts and the Liberal judges.

In fact the whole supreme court is now worthless. How the fuck they can say 1 state must count the votes on election day but 2 other states can extend it?
View Quote

States Rights!  I am fine with giving the states more rights.  Not everything has to be decided at a Federal level.  But, if Biden wins, everything WILL be a federal case.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
After what the Left did to Kavanaugh, I don't think we need to worry about him empathizing with them too often.
View Quote

A serial gang rapist has no empathy
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it shouldn't be counted. Can I go to a polling place the day after and demand my vote be counted? If your preference is to vote by mail, there should be a postmark cutoff date that's prior to the election date. Miss the cutoff and you're out of luck. The goal should be to have votes collected and recorded so we have results by the following morning as is typical.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Election Day has turned into Election Month with Extra Innings "just in case."
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Regardless on this decision they should go ahead and count the votes they already have regardless and not just drag ass. Trump gets the EC number to win, it should be a win regardless if the mail hasn't been delivered yet or not.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If the decision was so clear cut why did the other three justices dissent?
View Quote

All of the decisions the court has made regarding this year's elections have been contentious. In the WI decision, every justice wrote their own assent, with Kavanaugh joining Gorusch in part.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, it shouldn't be counted. Can I go to a polling place the day after and demand my vote be counted? If your preference is to vote by mail, there should be a postmark cutoff date that's prior to the election date. Miss the cutoff and you're out of luck. The goal should be to have votes collected and recorded so we have results by the following morning as is typical.

View Quote

What about in the case where the postmark IS before the cutoff date, but the USPS sits on it and delivers it after election day?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm starting to think that certain things are destined to happen, no matter what we do.
View Quote

It's really a shame too, this slow march to destruction.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So wait, does this mean the SC is not going to save us?
View Quote

They are busy being laser focused on overturning Second Amendment violations. Trust the plan! Sorry your girl lost!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He was a shitty pick to begin with. You people got tricked into loving him because the Dems went after him. You're the easiest marks in the history of the planet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Isn't there one state that doesn't even require a postmark on mail in ballots? Truly clown word or turd world type shit.
View Quote

And why should they require a postmark?  I see some places have these ballot collection boxes that won’t be going through the PO at all.  

Plus, I get lots of mail that’s not postmarked.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Is that Parker Posey?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should probably explain it to those who don't understand.

How is this even controversial?  

Get your shit in the mail by Nov 3rd.

I really wish we would just go back to in person voting.  Period.   Absentee should be for ABSENTEE people from their voting district.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That’d be pretty fucking sweet if he had one, Democrats get hundreds but we get none.

And you’re happy about this? It’s be pretty damn sweet if I woke up tomorrow and found out some judge in Alabama put an injunction on half of ITAR.

Let me put this another way, you’re appealing to the value of Rule of Law over all else. But Rule of Law is not as so often said here “the foundation of our country”. The foundation of our country is what citizens (Free Men) will and will not accept.

The 2A shouldn’t exist, the losing half of that debate at the Constitutional Convention was right, free men will not accept being disarmed. If we as a people will accept being disarmed or not allowed to pray to the god of our choosing, or involuntary quarter troops in our home. Then we don’t deserve a piece of paper to protect us.

The point I’m getting at here is “rule of law” is all fine and dandy, when most of the rules are so obvious delegates to the Convention didn’t think they even needed to be spelled out & the rest are mallum in se common law.

When we literally don’t know how many laws exist in this country (seriously, they tried to count them all like 40 years ago and failed. It’s only gotten worse). Not so much.

And expecting “rule of law” to do our job for us (demand society provide us our natural rights & not burden us with endless rules & regulations. And doing something about it if society ignores us) is a fools errand.

Kavanaugh is too busy jerking it to the law library, to grasp the very simple reality that adding another flame to this powder keg is stupid at best, willfully negligent at worst.

But yeah, let’s give him a round of applause for supporting “rule of law”.
View Quote

So you’re saying he SHOULD be an activist judge. Got it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What about in the case where the postmark IS before the cutoff date, but the USPS sits on it and delivers it after election day?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, what if? What if it's before the cutoff but they get it 60 days after the election? 30 days after? 15 days after?

We can sit around and create all sorts of scenarios and they ultimately lead right back to voting in person as the remedy with the typical small percentage of absentee ballots for those who can't vote in person. This has a track record of success.

Why do you think the Democrats are desperate for vote by mail? It's nothing but a mechanism for them to cheat, steal and cast doubts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#48]
For those of you that didn't bother to read the article and are just autistic screeching because reasons, here are some relevant details:

- States have sole authority for the handling of their elections.
- In this case, the state delegated the authority to extend delivery windows to the state board of elections.
- The board of elections has exercised this power several times in recent history and nobody cared then or challenged it in court.
- There is already a three day grace period - it has just been extended to nine days.
- The ballots still need to be postmarked by election day.  This just gives more time to account for USPS fuckups.
- The state legislature could have / should have addressed this back in June when they set the window to three days but didn't restrict the board of elections from extending it.
- Any objections to this practice should have been dealt with years ago when it first came up years ago.
- It is unacceptable to change the voting rules this close to a major election if it would lead to the disqualification of otherwise legitimate ballots.

Now that you know the specifics, feel free to carry on advocating for unconstitutional judicial activism.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Biden concedes election night.

Damn people chill.
View Quote
And if you are wrong?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They should’ve thought about that before they made mail in voting the preferential choice as to having pride in your country and actually getting off peoples asses to vote in person
View Quote

The rules about absentee ballots have been around for literally decades, long before Covid.
As long as the ballot is postmarked by election day I don't see what all of you are up in arms about
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top