BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
But da Supreme Court will save us.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
GD is like a cat watching TV when it comes to understanding how the Supreme Court makes decisions..
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Was the ruling unconstitutional or do you just not agree with it?

I’m guessing you are angry he isn’t legislating from the bench...just the way you think.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For people that have no clue what the issue ism can somebody explain what happened in NC?
View Quote

If a voter gets their ballot in the mail on election day or before, it will be counted.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
They probably gave him a vaccine that had 5G mind control nanobots in it.  Also the moon landing was fake.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
We either want judges to rule as to what is in line with the Constitution or we don't.   Make up your minds.

Do you really want a court that rules by opinion and goes by "eh well its 100% Constitutional, ,,, but,,,"

It isn't always going to work our favor. But it does most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Just gives more time to keep counting those Trump votes. Biden is going to lose bigger than Hillary, you watch.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
There goes NC for sure.

Means MI and WI are must wins, as well as OH and FL.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess he didn't get pissed off enough.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Well to start with, I think mail in ballots are a pile of hot steaming crap...

But I recognize that states are allowed to choose their electors.  I think a major factor that will come into play is vote counts start getting counted after the poll closes on election night.  Any ballots received after that should be put under the microscope if they are not in line with similar ballots previously counted and reported.

Once upon a time, I think they were not even allowed to start publicly reporting the counts until after 7pm pst - so not to project a winner while voting was still underway.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This. Op wants an activist judge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
States are like tiny countries. Their ballots rules are different as the federal government doesn't actually control the way they receive ballots/vote. That responsibility is the states. The Supreme Court only steps in when the states ask them to make that determination. The rules aren't the same state to state for their electoral votes.

You know what?   I do.

I want AT LEAST the same number of activist judges on our side they have on their side.  Then the single straight arrow cad actually look at the Constitution and decide.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He was a shitty pick to begin with. You people got tricked into loving him because the Dems went after him. You're the easiest marks in the history of the planet.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ooh I get that alright.
Those other states' workings affect me though.  And THAT IS FUCKED to allow an election to be handled like that
View Quote

Careful, that's some California/NY talk going on right now.  

That's their entire argument behind their whining about the EC over popular vote and the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But da Supreme Court will save us.
View Quote

He is risen!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There goes NC. Time to find 2 million late ballots from Durham County.
View Quote

just like last time
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#16]
From the article
Gorsuch’s dissent argues that the state legislature had already passed new election laws, and that it had sole constitutional authority to set election rules. “The parties before us all acknowledge that, under the Federal Constitution, only the state “Legislature” and “Congress” may prescribe “[t]he Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections.” Art. I, §4, cl. 1,” he wrote.
The electoral college will still have plenty of time to do their thing in December.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#17]
If the decision was so clear cut why did the other three justices dissent?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is a constitutional ruling.

The state sets up the system within which the elections are held.
View Quote

Bingo.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
States are like tiny countries. Their ballots rules are different as the federal government doesn’t actually control the way they receive ballots/vote. That responsibility is the states. The Supreme Court only steps in when the states ask them to make that determination. The rules aren’t the same state to state for their electoral votes.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Edited 1387Delta CoC 4

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
States are like tiny countries. Their ballots rules are different as the federal government doesn't actually control the way they receive ballots/vote. That responsibility is the states. The Supreme Court only steps in when the states ask them to make that determination. The rules aren't the same state to state for their electoral votes.

That’d be pretty fucking sweet if he had one, Democrats get hundreds but we get none.

And you’re happy about this? It’s be pretty damn sweet if I woke up tomorrow and found out some judge in Alabama put an injunction on half of ITAR.

Let me put this another way, you’re appealing to the value of Rule of Law over all else. But Rule of Law is not as so often said here “the foundation of our country”. The foundation of our country is what citizens (Free Men) will and will not accept.

The 2A shouldn’t exist, the losing half of that debate at the Constitutional Convention was right, free men will not accept being disarmed. If we as a people will accept being disarmed or not allowed to pray to the god of our choosing, or involuntary quarter troops in our home. Then we don’t deserve a piece of paper to protect us.

The point I’m getting at here is “rule of law” is all fine and dandy, when most of the rules are so obvious delegates to the Convention didn’t think they even needed to be spelled out & the rest are mallum in se common law.

When we literally don’t know how many laws exist in this country (seriously, they tried to count them all like 40 years ago and failed. It’s only gotten worse). Not so much.

And expecting “rule of law” to do our job for us (demand society provide us our natural rights & not burden us with endless rules & regulations. And doing something about it if society ignores us) is a fools errand.

Kavanaugh is too busy jerking it to the law library, to grasp the very simple reality that adding another flame to this powder keg is stupid at best, willfully negligent at worst.

But yeah, let’s give him a round of applause for supporting “rule of law”.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Biden concedes election night.

Damn people chill.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are we still taking off the day after Election Day?...
View Quote

I'm usually off Wednesday-Friday anyway.  This year I also took off Monday and Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]
kavanaugh ruled by reading the state law there are millions of votes to be counted it is not deeper than that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That'd be pretty fucking sweet if he had one, Democrats get hundreds but we get none.

And you're happy about this? It's be pretty damn sweet if I woke up tomorrow and found out some judge in Alabama put an injunction on half of ITAR.

Let me put this another way, you're appealing to the value of Rule of Law over all else. But Rule of Law is not as so often said here "the foundation of our country". The foundation of our country is what citizens (Free Men) will and will not accept.

The 2A shouldn't exist, the losing half of that debate at the Constitutional Convention was right, free men will not accept being disarmed. If we as a people will accept being disarmed or not allowed to pray to the god of our choosing, or involuntary quarter troops in our home. Then we don't deserve a piece of paper to protect us.

The point I'm getting at here is "rule of law" is all fine and dandy, when most of the rules are so obvious delegates to the Convention didn't think they even needed to be spelled out & the rest are mallum in se common law.

When we literally don't know how many laws exist in this country (seriously, they tried to count them all like 40 years ago and failed. It's only gotten worse). Not so much.

And expecting "rule of law" to do our job for us (demand society provide us our natural rights & not burden us with endless rules & regulations. And doing something about it if society ignores us) is a fools errand.

Kavanaugh is too busy jerking it to the law library, to grasp the very simple reality that adding another flame to this powder keg is stupid at best, willfully negligent at worst.

But yeah, let's give him a round of applause for supporting "rule of law".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd be pretty fucking sweet if he had one, Democrats get hundreds but we get none.

And you're happy about this? It's be pretty damn sweet if I woke up tomorrow and found out some judge in Alabama put an injunction on half of ITAR.

Let me put this another way, you're appealing to the value of Rule of Law over all else. But Rule of Law is not as so often said here "the foundation of our country". The foundation of our country is what citizens (Free Men) will and will not accept.

The 2A shouldn't exist, the losing half of that debate at the Constitutional Convention was right, free men will not accept being disarmed. If we as a people will accept being disarmed or not allowed to pray to the god of our choosing, or involuntary quarter troops in our home. Then we don't deserve a piece of paper to protect us.

The point I'm getting at here is "rule of law" is all fine and dandy, when most of the rules are so obvious delegates to the Convention didn't think they even needed to be spelled out & the rest are mallum in se common law.

When we literally don't know how many laws exist in this country (seriously, they tried to count them all like 40 years ago and failed. It's only gotten worse). Not so much.

And expecting "rule of law" to do our job for us (demand society provide us our natural rights & not burden us with endless rules & regulations. And doing something about it if society ignores us) is a fools errand.

But yeah, let's give him a round of applause for supporting "rule of law".
Great post.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
kavanaugh ruled by reading the state law there are millions of votes to be counted it is not deeper than that.
View Quote
1st post is that?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ballots have have to be postmarked NOV 3.

NC is retartedly slow at everything they do. Any function whatsoever that NC does they screw it up.

Take BBQ for example.....
View Quote

I was licensed to do armed security in both North Carolina and South Carolina.  SC got my card back to me in a week.  NC typically took 4-10 weeks.  Luckily I could carry on my recert form, but it was a pain in the ass to keep it on my and in good condition.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#28]
it was president trump who put him there and i trust trump's wisdom to have picked kavanaugh.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
1st post is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1st post is that?

Still better than 87% of 2020ers 1st posts.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In this thread, we learn who doesn't understand how judges work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
States are like tiny countries. Their ballots rules are different as the federal government doesn’t actually control the way they receive ballots/vote. That responsibility is the states. The Supreme Court only steps in when the states ask them to make that determination. The rules aren’t the same state to state for their electoral votes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Get out of here with that logic crap!  This is an outrage!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get out of here with that logic crap!  This is an outrage!!

Lol.  Beat me to it.  Some folks can’t read worth a damn.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Careful, that's some California/NY talk going on right now.  

That's their entire argument behind their whining about the EC over popular vote and the Senate.
View Quote

I'm taking purely in terms of integrity of the election.  The NC thing is asinine?
Hypothetical: a single swing state with a D governor determines this election, giving to Biden, where many precincts overreportng past 100% of voters
The ussc then says, yup that state did it just like they wanted!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If the decision was so clear cut why did the other three justices dissent?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm taking purely in terms of integrity of the election.  The NC thing is asinine
View Quote
The ballots have to be postmarked by Nov 3rd, basically this gives the mouth breathers in central NC enough time to count the ballots.

Fwiw, I doubt they will need to do so, if the number of votes for Trump is greater than the number of ballots left to count then NC will be declared for Trump.

Getting enough ballots fraudulently postmarked post Nov 3rd to change the outcome of the election would be caught.  It might lead to a war and hangings but it will be caught.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually yeah I do. It shouldn't have to be that way, but when the left is using every dirty trick, fraud, and activism to destroy us we could use any defense we can get.

That said, if there is constitutional grounds for his decision and it appears legally correct, I'm not going to fault him and get upset about it either.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah. Total Clown world.
View Quote

The only ClownWorld here is how fucking hard some of you went to bat to confirm this liberal douche during his confirmation.

I'm convinced that some of you would have sold your damn souls to make sure that Kavanaugh was confirmed.

And for what?  Nothing.  This is the second (or third...) time he's sided with the progressives.  

But Trump only nominates the greatest, most bestest justices of all time!  

I'm willing to cut you (you not as in you, DragoMuseveni personally, but 'you' as in anyone that fought tooth and nail to see that this douche was confirmed and defended him) a bit of slack in the sense that all of the shit Kavanaugh took made ACB's confirmation much easier seeing as how the Dem idiots blew their load on Kavanaugh, and I also think Kennedy came to Trump and asked for Kavanaugh to be nominated if he retired to which Trump obliged.

In the end history will show that his confirmation will be a wash compared to the justice he replaced.  He's NOT a 'conservative.'
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Isn't there one state that doesn't even require a postmark on mail in ballots? Truly clown word or turd world type shit.
View Quote

Yup, Pennsylvania
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There goes NC for sure.

Means MI and WI are must wins, as well as OH and FL.
View Quote

Wi worries me.

I think Ohio is a Trump lock, and I have high hopes for Florida and Michigan.

WI & PA concern me.

NC I had high hopes, now I am wondering if that was misguided hopes.  

That may change the senate seat too.

He could win without NC, WI, and PA all though with MI & FL

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#41]
It's a big club and you and I aren't in it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

@JustinHEMI04 I find your change of avatar disturbing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Edited 1387Delta CoC 4

View Quote

Thanks for the deletion.

Never forget Justice Antonin Scalia.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Reagan won 525 electoral votes in 1984.

Do you think anybody cared about waiting a week or two for 15 electoral votes?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:17:28 AM EDT
[#45]
By the US federal constitution the legislature of each state is the sole authority as to the means by which that state electors are chosen.

Wisconsin, the Wisconsin courts were trying to violate this and disregard the rules in that state set forward by the Wisconsin legislature that mail in ballots must be received by election day.  Thus SCOTUS decided correctly against the Wisconsin state courts who were trying to count ballots received after election day but postmarked by election day.

North Carolina, the rules set by the NC legislature says to count mail in ballots that are postmarked by election day even if received a few days later.  Once again SCOTUS made the right call and upheld what the freaking constitution actually freaking says!

Theoretically if a state out there wanted to use a freaking ouija-board to select their states electors to the electoral college for POTUS & VPOTUS and not even have a citizen ballot vote for president in their state that would be constitutional.  I don't think that states legislatures would do well in their own elections after pulling such a stunt but it would be constitutional.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:34:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Biden concedes election night.

Damn people chill.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
it was president trump who put him there and i trust trump's wisdom to have picked kavanaugh.
View Quote

Welcome, new guy. Can we assume that you're Justice Kavanaugh, or are you President Trump?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#48]
If we went after voter fraud scorched earth and tossed anyone found guilty 20 miles off shore we wouldn’t really need this thread.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Maybe because it's up to the states and localities to set the rules for such things?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, that is the way it should be.
Now you can not like what NC is doing, but it really is none of the Fed business so long as NC is doing what is correct withing the Constitution.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top