Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nah I’m full of shit, it was 4.x cpr, but under .05, which is my “buy now” price. Had to go check it’s been a few months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a case of CCI minimags for less than 2.5cpr.  Plenty of 22 available, stack it deep.
Where the hell did you find that? Don’t think I’ve seen it sub 4 cents.
Quoted:
The Econ/biz-running debate has made this thread totally suck.
It was done till you ran your keyboard
Nah I’m full of shit, it was 4.x cpr, but under .05, which is my “buy now” price. Had to go check it’s been a few months.
lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
TFB Reviews the KelTec KS7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTqkI2jOPQ
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TFB Reviews the KelTec KS7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTqkI2jOPQ
View Quote
Hey look a KS7 with a top rail
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
quad stack magazine?! Cool.

Ugly fucking gun but cool magazine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#6]
50 round mags with extension!

from the comments:

Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.
5 hours ago
It had only a few feeding issues on the first round or two in the magazine related mostly to the single-digit temperatures getting the lubrication all gummed up and thick and slowing the bolt down. Kel-Tec is used to their Florida weather haha. There were one or two mid-magazine feeding stoppages due to a round being rimlocked behind the next round in the magazine, that was also exacerbated by slow bolt speeds due to thick lube. Overall they ran really well with multiple brands of ammo. And we shot A LOT of rounds!
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That answers two of my questions

50rds = i hate the stupid euro mag catch less now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOP7pxFZUHo

from the comments:

Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.
5 hours ago
It had only a few feeding issues on the first round or two in the magazine related mostly to the single-digit temperatures getting the lubrication all gummed up and thick and slowing the bolt down. Kel-Tec is used to their Florida weather haha. There were one or two mid-magazine feeding stoppages due to a round being rimlocked behind the next round in the magazine, that was also exacerbated by slow bolt speeds due to thick lube. Overall they ran really well with multiple brands of ammo. And we shot A LOT of rounds!
View Quote
I . . . fucking. . . want . . . this

I hope I have the opportunity to buy this in the next 6 months before our stupid new WA state laws kick in
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#9]
hope they have a patent on those mags cause everyone is gonna try to copy them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow the version of the KS7 with the longer barrel and top rail really does resemble the Halo shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think it's the same design as PMR mags right?

So it should be patented already.

Either way I'm thinking that is going to be something I buy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow the version of the KS7 with the longer barrel and top rail really does resemble the Halo shotgun.
View Quote
1. that's a longer mag tube, not a longer barrel.
2. the original Halo shotgun was top loading

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/e/e6/M90_Shotgun_%28Torch_Side%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100505170325
View Quote
That's awesome.

I've actually thought for awhile that top loading shotguns would be a improvement / much easier to load.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hope I have the opportunity to buy this in the next 6 months before our stupid new WA state laws kick in
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

from the comments:

Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.
5 hours ago

Same.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

from the comments:

Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.
5 hours ago

Same.
same, same..
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#16]
In related news, Federal came out with their own mini shells that are supposed to be roughly equivalent to standard 2.75" loads.
(Now if they will cycle semi autos, it would be a game changer....)

The videos I saw of them shooting slugs looked like they thumped pretty good, would be curious to see how their mini-buck looks.

Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In related news, Federal came out with their own mini shells that are supposed to be roughly equivalent to standard 2.75" loads.
(Now if they will cycle semi autos, it would be a game changer....)

The videos I saw of them shooting slugs looked like they thumped pretty good, would be curious to see how their mini-buck looks.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/mini-slug-feat.jpg
View Quote
Those do look pretty cool. A KSG would pack quite a load with those shorties, without giving up as much performance as the Aguila minishells do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Friends dont let friends by KelTec.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any competing products out there you'd like to suggest?

-bullpup shotgun that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
-30+rd .22lr handgun
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've had good luck w/ Kel-Tec over the years.   No problems w/ an early P32, a couple of P11s and a Sub2K.   They have all just worked other than some issues during the ban years w/ cheap 3rd party mags on the P11, and that's not Kel-Tec's fault.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

-30+rd .22lr handgun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-30+rd .22lr handgun
They also despite reputation haven't had the issues that even companies like sig have had in making things right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#22]

My very first thought was the shotgun looked like it would be right at home with the Colonial Marines from Aliens, or could be their stand alone grenade "20mm grenade" launcher. Since it was about my favorite movie as a kid, I will probably get one.

I wonder if the aesthetics were purposefully chosen or coincidental?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Kinda skimmed the thread so I'm sure it's been already mentioned anything Kel Tec releases is unobtanium in the beginning.  CP33 looks tempting, but I'll wait a while.  I'm sure the first waves will be in boring black only.  Also hate being the guinea pig.  Have fun with all the teething issues for you early adopters.

When the Gen 2 flavor is out, early bird bugs worked out and Cerakote color options are plentiful then I'll probably pounce.  I have a Dead Air Mask that would be perfect up front.  Sadly they made the barrel a bit too long. Should have been shortened back to 4.5 inches to keep bulk pack stuff from going supersonic with a can up front. I know the aftermarket guys will be all over this like stink on you know what so maybe a replacement front end rail that is a bit shorter would allow for a shaved back barrel?  Curious to know what the inner diameter is of that rail currently on it? If you could have the barrel shaved back a bit and tuck the can inside......................?  Might have to make some inquiries with KT.

Also its inevitable that someone in the aftermarket is going to conjure up a pistol brace for this thing.  I'd also bet KT will release a carbine aka CMR style flavor of this thing at some point.  So in a few years once all that has happened then I'll want one of these. For those of you that pounce now, best of luck.  I hate paying over MSRP so its worth the wait.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I have three gunshops with my name on a list for a CP33.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/e/e6/M90_Shotgun_%28Torch_Side%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100505170325
View Quote
I don't understand how no one except the Russians have done it. It'd be such a tremendous ergonomic upgrade for the shotgun, and dead simple due to the tube fed design. It simply needs to be flipped.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope others do try to copy. Innovation and competition is good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/8/8f/M41A_Pulse_Rifle.png/revision/latest?cb=20130524131631https://www.tk560.com/weapons2/weapons-Images/2.jpg

https://www.alloutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/KS7_DSC7509web.jpg

https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Aliens-M41A-Pulse-Rifle.jpg

https://www.alloutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/KS7_OD_right_DSC9625hires.jpg

My very first thought was the shotgun looked like it would be right at home with the Colonial Marines from Aliens, or could be their stand alone grenade "20mm grenade" launcher. Since it was about my favorite movie as a kid, I will probably get one.

View Quote
good call... I doubt that's an accident
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/8/8f/M41A_Pulse_Rifle.png/revision/latest?cb=20130524131631https://www.tk560.com/weapons2/weapons-Images/2.jpg

https://www.alloutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/KS7_DSC7509web.jpg

https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Aliens-M41A-Pulse-Rifle.jpg

https://www.alloutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/KS7_OD_right_DSC9625hires.jpg

View Quote
This post just sold me  on a KS7
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#29]
It's funny how opinions can change when you have time to think about stuff.

I originally thought that the CP33 would be fun, and between the two products, it had all of my interest. But the more I think about it, the more loading 33 rounds of .22lr into a mag is going to seriously suck unless there's a genius way of doing it. Compare that to the mag loaders available for the typical 10 round stick mags, and those are probably easier to shoot high volume for a long range session.

On the other hand, I saw no value in the KS7 at first. Now that I see the pricing, size, and weight of it, this could be a damn good alternative to those Shockwave things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I originally thought that the CP33 would be fun, and between the two products, it had all of my interest. But the more I think about it, the more loading 33 rounds of .22lr into a mag is going to seriously suck unless there's a genius way of doing it. Compare that to the mag loaders available for the typical 10 round stick mags, and those are probably easier to shoot high volume for a long range session.

On the other hand, I saw no value in the KS7 at first. Now that I see the pricing, size, and weight of it, this could be a damn good alternative to those Shockwave things.
View Quote
Now I want a 50 round .22lr.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you maintain an average pace of 3 seconds per round, it will take 2 minutes and 30 seconds of non-stop loading to fill a mag.

At 5 seconds per round, that time goes up to 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you maintain an average pace of 3 seconds per round, it will take 2 minutes and 30 seconds of non-stop loading to fill a mag.

View Quote
Brilliant!

now if someone comes out with a brace
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Im pretty excited about both of these. I am curious about the 33 round mag works well with the rimmed cases. Would be super fun plinking in the back yard. I wonder if the carry handle comes off of the shotty. Not crazy about that thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Im pretty excited about both of these. I am curious about the 33 round mag works well with the rimmed cases. Would be super fun plinking in the back yard. I wonder if the carry handle comes off of the shotty. Not crazy about that thing.
View Quote
They've confirmed it's replaceable with the standard KSG rail.
They even had one set up that way in one of the videos.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's awesome.

I've actually thought for awhile that top loading shotguns would be a improvement / much easier to load.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome.

I’ve played with an inverted Ithaca M37; I do think it’s an improvement in a competition or tactical setting.  Not so much for getting rained on all day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

-30+rd .22lr handgun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-30+rd .22lr handgun
Desert Tech was right next door at SHOT; maybe their Malfunctioning Dynamic Rifle is more his speed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
You don't have to load all 33.  Usually I only put 10-15 tops into my PMR mags at a time.  I have a couple of the 30+ rounder Glock mags for my Sub 2k.  I usually only load 20 to 25 in those at a time.  As that spring pressure near the end starts to get tough its not worth trying to squeeze in every round possible. Your thumbs will thank you. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You don't have to load all 33.  Usually I only put 10-15 tops into my PMR mags at a time.  I have a couple of the 30+ rounder Glock mags for my Sub 2k.  I usually only load 20 to 25 in those at a time.  As that spring pressure near the end starts to get tough its not worth trying to squeeze in every round possible. Your thumbs will thank you. YMMV.
View Quote
That's what I did with mine from Glock mags to the PMR/CMR ones. I usually put 20-25 rounds in. It's more of a OCD style thing. But the Kel tec pmr mags are indeed a little different to load up.

I suspect they will make the cp-33 mags easier to work with though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Is it bad that i ordered a cp33 already even though it wont ship till may-june
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I want to know where I can order mags for it.... Since my state has retards in charge that are going full retard (it's the kindest thing I can say about some of them.....). lol (only thing I can do is laugh) I will get the pistol latter. But better get the mags now.... dam this sucks..... I am a simple man, but..... How is this not infringing.... Anyone know who has CP33 mags for sale?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:34:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hopefully McFadden Machine can whip up an adapter for their Lightning Loader to work.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I get the joke and all, but... do you know why it's such a common complaint that KT items are out of stock/hard to get? The demand is insane, and they produce a whole lot more than most people seem to realize. According to the ATF FFL manufacturer reports, KT's production numbers are some of the very highest in the nation for shotguns and pistols, and they're no slouch in the rifle category either.

ETA: In 2016 (the most recent year with a complete Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Export Report available), Kel Tec produced 57,802 pistols, 10,003 rifles, and 29,329 shotguns. As an example, only Remington and Maverick made more shotguns. Kel Tec produced more than Beretta.
View Quote
what shot guns does keltec make besides the fancy nbull pup
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/RG0BS1U.gif

So you just made my point. The guy doesn't really have a great track record. And you said it yourself, OVER-EXPANSION. That's piss poor planning/market research.
View Quote
Well, it’s his fucking kingdom and he can choose to not extend his business if he chooses to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

what shot guns does keltec make besides the fancy nbull pup
View Quote
Just the KSG and this one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
where and how much?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm glad to see the KS7 carry-handle is removable.  I want to mount a red-dot.  There's also a video of it shooting mini-shells with no issues (I assume it holds 12 like the KSG did in one tube).

I think the CP-33 REALLY needs a "brace"...as soon as FLUX or SB Tactical comes out with a brace, I'll be buying one for sure (assuming the gun and mags prove reliable).
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have to practice loading one magazine in each hand simultaneously to speed the process up
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
where and how much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where and how much?
Impact guns backorder

You pay full msrp then get a discount if they lower the price so $475 but i was about to drop that on a 22/45 or browning buckmark with a threaded barrel when i saw this then played with ot at shot show.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm glad to see the KS7 carry-handle is removable.  I want to mount a red-dot.  There's also a video of it shooting mini-shells with no issues (I assume it holds 12 like the KSG did in one tube).
View Quote
I may be in the minority, but my interest in the KS7 is largely based on the fact that I don't have to add sights like you do in the KSG, and it's competitively priced.

I'm not a shotgun guy, and I don't think they're generally very useful guns, so (to me) they're not worth much investment.

BUT! For $400-450 I'm very interested in this, and am very excited to get my hands on one- in 2-3 years when Keltec finally catches up with demand.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Did anyone ever figure out what was up with the KSG's absurd recoil, compared to its weight?   That is some voodoo going on there.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top