BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did anyone ever figure out what was up with the KSG's absurd recoil, compared to its weight?   That is some voodoo going on there.
View Quote
From what I've seen, the KS7 will need a serious recoil pad to make any full power loads manageable.  This is mostly because of its light weight.  I'm wondering how much additional weight will be added by replacing carry handle/sight with the metal rail.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did anyone ever figure out what was up with the KSG's absurd recoil, compared to its weight?   That is some voodoo going on there.
View Quote
Straight recoil impluse, no drop-comb stock like a conventional shotgun.

With a conventional stock, some energy is imparted to rotation of the gun (muzzle rise).
With a KSG, the barrel is in-line with the stock and loses less energy to muzzle rise, putting it all straight back into your shoulder.

I don't think heavy turkey loads and SuperX slugs would be my ammo of choice for these guns, I'm very interested to see some reviews on the new Federal mini-shells.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Friends don't let friends buy kek tec
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh FFS.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Strange.  The only thing I've had for issues w/ any of mine was aftermarket mags during the ban.   That's been the experience w/ everyone I know that has them.   They're decent inexpensive guns w/ a good warranty.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you can suggest a better company making a 33 round .22LR pistol I can buy, I'm listening.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Bumperooski
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I like that pistola.

My poor thumbs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
For those who don't know, Kel-Tec sells a wider-thicker recoil pad for the KSG.
It's a drop-in that really cuts down on the felt recoil.

There's also a Limbsaver slip-on pad that works very well but looks rather crappy on the gun.

No one ever said you HAVE to use full load shells.
Reduced Recoil shells or possibly Federals new short shells are an option.
Apparently the new Federal shells are much more powerful then the Aguila Mini-shells, and they come in slug and #4 buckshot loads.
At across the living room range you don't necessarily need the blow-down-the-barn door loads.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Apparently the new Federal shells are much more powerful then the Aguila Mini-shells, and they come in slug and #4 buckshot loads.
At across the living room range you don't necessarily need the blow-down-the-barn door loads.
View Quote
Seriously?
WTF?
Is it really that hard to give us a #1 or 00 buck mini-shell?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Strange.  The only thing I've had for issues w/ any of mine was aftermarket mags during the ban.   That's been the experience w/ everyone I know that has them.   They're decent inexpensive guns w/ a good warranty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought one Kel Tec, it did not function reliably. It went back to factory, came back six months later, still didn't work reliably. Bought the Ruger equivalent, it works.

I'd be glad to sell you the Kel Tec in question.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seriously?
WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?
WTF?
If you don't mind it holding three whole pellets, it'd be easy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
By the way, not a huge fan of the KSG, but that KS7 looks pretty awesome (size and weight of an MP5A2!) and if KelTec manages to get these on dealers' shelves in quantity and retailing at or under $400.00, they will do very well on them. Think of them as a Shockwave competitor.

I'm a little surprised there isn't an obvious way to mount an optic, but there may be something I'm not seeing...
View Quote
Apparently the carry handle is at a pretty sweet height. It can also be removed and, one assumes, that a rail maybe installed.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well the PMR-30 appears to be available in a few select places (none that I've ever bought from anyway) now but it's been out for how long? I had to wait forever to find a Sub 2k and was still only able to get in the Glock 19 grip instead of the 17. Others have obviously reported the KSG unobtainium but I understand that thing had performance issues anyways so it wasn't on my list. As far as I know the only gun they made that ever had decent availability was the PF-9. I'm not dogging on their products (KSG notwithstanding). They make good stuff. Sure you can find anecdotal examples from other manufacturers but they don't happen with the regularity it happens with Kel-Tec. Sure, the new Glocks are hard to get right at launch just like people camp out overnight for the new iPhones. I said earlier I can understand lack of availability around launch time. But when years go by and the trickle of product that comes out doesn't come close to meeting demand, it's a problem. I shouldn't have to get lucky to actually find one in stock somewhere or have to pay some idiot neckbeard 5x the price on GunBroker. I'd rather Kel-Tec fetch a better price.
View Quote
The PMR 30 and CMR 30 are all over the place now. I don’t know how you can’t find one. The excited secondary market price points on KelTec also serve a marketing purpose that seems to excite long term demand. The KSG at $1000 in the gunshop makes an uninformed consumer sit up and notice. What does it do? I want one. When it hits MSRP, the consumer tends to purchase the unit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag. I need one of them CP33s in the worst way. That is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#16]
First KS7’s are on gunbroker
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?
WTF?
I've got an old version of these that hold 12 pellets of #1 buck. I don't see any reason why you couldn't fit at least 8 if not 12 into anything you can fit a full size slug into.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like that pistola.

My poor thumbs.
View Quote
yes. much want. looks super fun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought one Kel Tec, it did not function reliably. It went back to factory, came back six months later, still didn't work reliably. Bought the Ruger equivalent, it works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Six months, huh?  It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Ks7 on gubroker but no cp33's
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top