Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It is not a win for America if we don’t elect a Speaker. Once we have a Speaker, we can start hearings on the Biden family and Mr. 10%. The Democrats spent two years holding hearings to destroy Trump. There is some pretty strong evidence tgat Biden and his fa,ily have violated federal laws. Congress should be investigating this ASAP.

The last thing we need is six years of an unchecked Biden administration.
View Quote

Do you really think that oversight hearings are going to achieve anything?

While "i don't know", "i can't recall", "I'll need to get back to you on that", "I can't comment on an active investigation", etc and lying are acceptable answers with no consequences then committee hearings are a farce.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nothing can be voted on without a Speaker. Every time I can remember the government being shutdown, the voters have taken it out on the Republicans and voted for Democrats. I for one would like to see fewer democrats in Congress.
View Quote

And how much of that was due to the democrat propaganda machine?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While "i don't know", "i can't recall", "I'll need to get back to you on that", "I can't comment on an active investigation", etc and lying are acceptable answers with no consequences then committee hearings are a farce.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not a win for America if we don’t elect a Speaker. Once we have a Speaker, we can start hearings on the Biden family and Mr. 10%. The Democrats spent two years holding hearings to destroy Trump. There is some pretty strong evidence tgat Biden and his fa,ily have violated federal laws. Congress should be investigating this ASAP.

Just pull a Holder and say fuck you and your committee, now what bitches.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't read the entire thread but has anyone mentioned that the next speaker of the house could very potentially end up POTUS if FJB keels over and the Whore gets "removed" for "reasons"?

I wonder if this has something to do with the hold outs that won't fall in with the party line ....  things that make you go hmmm
View Quote

Only if she fails to install a VP which won't happen.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Make no mistake, when McCarthey wins, he's going to retaliate against this bloc of people who voted against him, and it's gonna suuuuuuuck.

He's definitely a swamp rat of the highest order.
View Quote

I'm guessing that if he does and it's in writing it will be all over the news.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jim Jordon just nominated McCarthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2xR5T9kSEo
View Quote

Well, Jordan is out for speaker...

ETA: Another response to that^ video stated this was before the first vote. Still, he seems all-in for mccarthy...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Marjorie Taylor Green said she’s now behind McCarthy and on Bannon’s War Room said that Gaetz, Bobert and Perry had a closed door meeting with McCarthy demanding committee positions. So tomorrow expect them to vote for McCarthy.

MTG said she wants to move foreword, take the win and start the investigations.

The three mentioned above, according to texts she read only care about the positioning and the hold out was a sham for the positions.

Mind you these four are all a part of the freedom caucus.

Lol.
View Quote

So it's costing her money because she doesn't get the extra pay for being in comittees yet?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That would be Alabama 5th Congressional district Representative Dale Strong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My rep was just sworn in this morning and I'm not having any luck finding contact info for him online.  Any suggestions?

My first suggestion would be to tell us who your rep is becuase that might help determine possible solutions.  

@dlshady

https://strong.house.gov/
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My rep was just sworn in this morning and I'm not having any luck finding contact info for him online.  Any suggestions?

My first suggestion would be to tell us who your rep is becuase that might help determine possible solutions.  

@dlshady

https://strong.house.gov/

Thank you.  That link wasn't working yesterday when I tried it, I assume because he'd just been sworn in.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]
KM sort of reminds me of Shooter McGavin.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you.  That link wasn't working yesterday when I tried it, I assume because he'd just been sworn in.
View Quote

Could well be the case
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Im ready for today's shitshow!
View Quote
Same.  That asshole already moved his shit into the Suite.  What an elitist fuck.  I certainly hope McCarthy does NOT get the vote!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Same.  That asshole already moved his shit into the Suite.  What an elitist fuck.  I certainly hope McCarthy does NOT get the vote!
View Quote

Its inevitable. The backdoor dealing last night would probably make chicago politicians proud.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Trump's own words on his continued support for Kevin McCarthy.

Attachment Attached File

So much for him reconsidering his endorsement. Trump says McCarthy will do a good job, maybe a great job? Going after the Biden Administration sure isn't part of that.

McCarthy downplays prospect of impeaching Biden if GOP wins House

McCarthy Pushes Back on GOP House Members' Calls to Impeach Biden

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hate to say it but, it kinda looks like President Trump is realizing the horses pulling the MAGA wagon (us) are breaking from his reigns and running free, actually wanting the swamp drained.

He probably listens to Bannon’s War Room podcast.

In fact I don’t think any of the podcasts I listen to like McCarthy. He’s probably thinking “Uh Oh, wait a minute guys”.

As far as I can tell, the only people supporting McCarthy are the people in the House that want or even care about committee positions, not about the country.
View Quote

Trump didn't start MAGA, he borrowed it.

MAGA was here before Trump and God willing it will be here after he's gone.

Boebert, Gaetz, et al. are doing a better job fighting the swamp than DJT.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hate to say it but, it kinda looks like President Trump is realizing the horses pulling the MAGA wagon (us) are breaking from his reigns and running free, actually wanting the swamp drained.

He probably listens to Bannon's War Room podcast.

In fact I don't think any of the podcasts I listen to like McCarthy. He's probably thinking "Uh Oh, wait a minute guys".

As far as I can tell, the only people supporting McCarthy are the people in the House that want or even care about committee positions, not about the country.
View Quote
Nah brah, Trump announced this morning that he still is backing McCarthy. Seriously @Tesseract, go look at his own post on Truth Social.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#24]

LOL. Trump has a long history of choosing pieces of shit. Trump likes to win no matter what. So picking the piece of shit most likely to win is better than picking someone better who will most likely lose. At least in Trump's mind.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/4msKjwg/ronnie.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably listens to Bannon's War Room podcast.

In fact I don't think any of the podcasts I listen to like McCarthy. He's probably thinking "Uh Oh, wait a minute guys".

https://i.ibb.co/4msKjwg/ronnie.jpg
At this stage it's becoming too obvious to ignore that trump is the swamp. Throws his full weight behind swamp monster McCarthy now, JFC.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Jordan should now step forward and broker an agreement between McCarthy and the 20 hold-outs.  A discrete set of concessions that McCarthy and Jordan can promise.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Trump is, and always has been, very quid-pro-quo.  He backs, endorses or promotes people with the expectation that they will owe him and will reciprocate when he needs it.  Someone with no power, no authority - nothing to give him he doesn't already have - is of little use to him, no matter their value to the country or party.
View Quote

He probably needs to let the people he's promoting know that...
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jordan should now step forward and broker an agreement between McCarthy and the 20 hold-outs.  A discrete set of concessions that McCarthy and Jordan can promise.
View Quote

Nah, fuck being discrete. Make it public. They serve us, not each other.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Discrete, not discreet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Discrete, not discreet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Discrete, not discreet.

"Discrete" means separate and specific things in this case, as opposed to some vague and nebulous assurances that never materialize.

"Discreet" means "on the down-low"
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Discrete, not discreet.
View Quote

Tomato, potato

Touché
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not a very wise move. Alienate your base why don’t you.
View Quote

lucky for trump the base is still locked up in a DC jail so they may not hear about this. sad!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

lucky for trump the base is still locked up in a DC jail so they may not hear about this. sad!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a very wise move. Alienate your base why don't you.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#36]
the clerk.house.gov site had MAJOR lag/delay in posting results.  Might be better just to follow along live.

C-span feed.

ETA: be warned. while there are plenty of fap-bait Reps for the leghumpers, the majority are not particularly photogenic.  Just hope they don't have too much opportunity to speak, spit, and sputter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Mike Gallagher R-Wisc nominates KM

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#40]
More of the same.  Going to be a repeat of yesterday looks like.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Chip Roy TX nominates Byron Donalds- FL
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a very wise move. Alienate your base why don’t you.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a brilliant move on the Dems' part. Although a coalition government is very unlikely, it extends a branch to McCarthy to see how desperate he is. If he takes it (and all the Republicans in his favor don't bolt), he and the Republicans will have sold their souls to the Democrats.

This offer is also a great na-na-na-boo-boo to the Republicans, shaming them in how fractured they are.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#46]
They're backing Donalds as the alternative. Different tact than yesterday.

ETA: Unless there are party defections it will go to a 5th vote.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No nomination for Jordan?  Maybe they came to a deal last night, unless the previous 19-20 switch to Donalds.
View Quote
Looks like Jordan made is crystal clear he didn't want it.  New hope is Donalds???  Don't know anything about him.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted: Chip Roy TX nominates Byron Donalds- FL
View Quote

I loved the cut he had in there about nominating him due to his content of character. Unlike how the dems see only color.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make no mistake, when McCarthey wins, he's going to retaliate against this bloc of people who voted against him, and it's gonna suuuuuuuck.

He's definitely a swamp rat of the highest order.

McCarthy needs the dissenters to get anything passed in the House. This vote for Speaker is a prime example. They are showing him. McCarthy ain't retaliating against anyone without a huge risk.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top