Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn’t we fight a war to not give a single old gray dog turd about this?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Elizabeth stayed alive as long as she could to keep him off the thrown, was probably hoping he'd die first.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He looks just like the piss boy.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of the Kings had spit collectors and Royal wankers too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We got Biden so....
View Quote

Imagine the likes of Biden as royalty. He's insufferable enough.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't we fight a war to not give a single old gray dog turd about this?
View Quote
No you didn't. Some people you call your forefathers/founders did. Yet here you are.....
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would be Caligula, but with really fat chicks. Hell yes!

I would need to be on antibiotics just from eating fat girl ass!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.  If you as a society find a monarch to be acceptable, quit bitching.  Monarch's gonna monarch.

make me king with unlimited funding and I'll probably have people do mundane stupid things for me too.  It's the nature of man.

I would be Caligula, but with really fat chicks. Hell yes!

I would need to be on antibiotics just from eating fat girl ass!
Quick, activate the @Midcap signal!
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Instead of killing places 3-10 maybe they could be washers and dryers in my bathing wing
View Quote

Traditionally don't you make them maids to the queen, knock 'em up, and then marry them to subordinates, simultaneously cementing the loyalty of both the subordinates and the girls' families to your throne and making most of the next generation of aristocracy your bastards?

Good for your genetic heritage, and ensures there's a jolly old civil war every few generations to keep the bloodlines strong.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Traditionally don't you make them maids to the queen, knock 'em up, and then marry them to subordinates, simultaneously cementing the loyalty of both the subordinates and the girls' families to your throne and making most of the next generation of aristocracy your bastards?

Good for your genetic heritage, and ensures there's a jolly old civil war every few generations to keep the bloodlines strong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Instead of killing places 3-10 maybe they could be washers and dryers in my bathing wing

I'm all for objectifying women but I draw the line at infidelity and bastard children.

I will already have the objectively best wife from the wife decathlon
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I also see two fleur-de-lis in his crown. Did a frenchie sneak into the Royal feather bed sometime back in history?
View Quote
Norman Conquest .  Britain was subjugated by the French (technically, Vikings pretending to be French) nearly 1,000 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not always. I would hope I'd be more of the Karl XII sort of king- wearing a standard issue privates uniform and boots, eating a privates rations and consistently leading from the front into battle and getting multiple horses shot out from under me, always sober, and despite having strong beliefs, always pardoning the accused when there is a shadow of doubt...or even when they are admittedly guilty but there is a shred of doubt as to whether I would be doing justice by letting an accused person's conviction stand. Never asking others to go into harms way, whether physical or economic, if I am not placing myself in danger alongside them.

I suppose that is because I was brought up believing he is the sort of ideal we should aspire to in life...which begs the question as to who King Charles was brought up aspiring to be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.  If you as a society find a monarch to be acceptable, quit bitching.  Monarch's gonna monarch.

make me king with unlimited funding and I'll probably have people do mundane stupid things for me too.  It's the nature of man.

Not always. I would hope I'd be more of the Karl XII sort of king- wearing a standard issue privates uniform and boots, eating a privates rations and consistently leading from the front into battle and getting multiple horses shot out from under me, always sober, and despite having strong beliefs, always pardoning the accused when there is a shadow of doubt...or even when they are admittedly guilty but there is a shred of doubt as to whether I would be doing justice by letting an accused person's conviction stand. Never asking others to go into harms way, whether physical or economic, if I am not placing myself in danger alongside them.

I suppose that is because I was brought up believing he is the sort of ideal we should aspire to in life...which begs the question as to who King Charles was brought up aspiring to be.

Most kings are not like that though, and for that to even kinda work your kids would need to be really good people as well.

What's the old saying? A king is required to know all of his kingdom, but his position prevents him from it?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#14]
The only other person I've ever heard of that insisted on ironed shoe laces is the fictional Adrian Monk.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I mean you could quite easily just declare whatever you want by order of the king and then it's done for you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm all for objectifying women but I draw the line at infidelity and bastard children.

I will already have the objectively best wife from the wife decathlon
View Quote

I say, not very kingly of you old chap, wot wot
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#17]
That shit is so weird.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Not my king.  Thomas Jefferson made sure of that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I suppose that is because I was brought up believing he (Karl XII) is the sort of ideal we should aspire to in life...which begs the question as to who King Charles was brought up aspiring to be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose that is because I was brought up believing he (Karl XII) is the sort of ideal we should aspire to in life...which begs the question as to who King Charles was brought up aspiring to be.

All that stuff sounds cool, but I also like pussy so being like Karl XII is out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Kings believed they were the direct descendants from God. They were meant to conquer and you were meant to serve them. Because of their lifestyle and wars, their taxes on commoners were crippling. And much of their wealth was stolen at sword point. To be one, you had to be born into it, otherwise you were a peasant for life.

Its horrifying that so many Americans admire Royalty, because they are antithetical to what this country stands for.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#24]
He’s an old fag.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Touche.  His complete swearing off of alcohol and sex until after he defeated the Russia/Denmark/Poland/Norway alliance would really be rough for the almost 2 decades be was continuously in the field.??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All that stuff sounds cool, but I also like pussy so being like Karl XII is out.

Touche.  His complete swearing off of alcohol and sex until after he defeated the Russia/Denmark/Poland/Norway alliance would really be rough for the almost 2 decades be was continuously in the field.??

Yeah, I'm trying to fuck deployment 5s after like six months.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sure. The Swedes got really lucky with their long line of excellent, down to earth, kings in the 17th and early 18th centuries. Until the rest of the royals in Europe got tired of a relatively small but high functioning country (Sweden) calling the shots and banded together to knock them off their high horse.

Interesting note: Karl XII was the last reigning monarch to ever be killed leading his army in combat. 304 years ago. Let that sink in. No one has had spine enough to really lead from the front consistently since. Closest might be Napoleon, but even he admired Karl XII as a model to emulate.
View Quote

Charles 12 also wrecked the Swedish Empire, didn’t drink, never got laid, and owed lots of money to Turks and other “Levantine” creditors.

His squad leader of the year attributes didn’t serve Sweden well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I completely disagree with you - your premise on kings is equally true of democracies. There are better kings and worse kings, and better monarchial systems and worse ones.

Just like democratic forms of government, to include republics.

Some places, and more aptly some...cultures...function far better with a king than they do under representative forms of government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kings believed they were the direct descendants from God. They were meant to conquer and you were meant to serve them. Because of their lifestyle and wars, their taxes on commoners were crippling. And much of their wealth was stolen at sword point. To be one, you had to be born into it, otherwise you were a peasant for life.

Its horrifying that so many Americans admire Royalty, because they are antithetical to what this country stands for.

I completely disagree with you - your premise on kings is equally true of democracies. There are better kings and worse kings, and better monarchial systems and worse ones.

Just like democratic forms of government, to include republics.

Some places, and more aptly some...cultures...function far better with a king than they do under representative forms of government.

Some wanted to install a King in America. Would of been interesting to see how we would be right now if there was a King instead of George Washington.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's good to be king.

Also, not sure of the trustworthiness of the source.
View Quote

1" of toothpaste? The Brits aren't known for their dental hygiene.  I also question the trustworthiness of the source.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#29]
There is a video that was on the news not long after the queens death. He was signing something, think it had something to do with climate change bullsh*t. He had the pen and I think the cap was laying in front of him, he looked at his servant with absolute disdain because the cap was laying there and gave him the stare until he came back and removed it.

So I believe this story to be 1000% accurate based on what is saw.

The internet never forgets
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hussein II is actually a badass in real life though, and most countries can only wish for someone so dedicated as a leader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude he's a king of course he has awesome stories

The king of Jordan did tactical classes with his son for like 6 months because it looked cool and he just wanted to

Hussein II is actually a badass in real life though, and most countries can only wish for someone so dedicated as a leader.

Every guy I've talked to that met him thought the same.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#32]
The Royals, especially the King, live on a level we'll never know. He is the ultimate gentleman and will be as perfect as humanly possible at all times. He learned from his father, who was a hero and great gentleman. Ignorant comments about their habits only expose the low class of the authors.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

To blame him for wrecking the empire in a vacuum, when he had finally brought the Russians to the table to negotiate a peace (which was called off because the Russians received news of his murder prior to agreeing to terms) and had also in virtually every respect devastated his enemies despite being drastically outnumbered from the start, is a little unfair when examined from a view of the totality of the circumstances.

Without him the empire probably would have folded long before, not much after the alliance against them started the Great Northern War.

I can think of about 180 million "Americans" who I would happily trade for one Karl XII.
View Quote

He was an absolute monarch. He hired on as King of a country with an empire, later he left that employment by the gunshot route and his country no longer had an empire.

No doubt he had some great adventures along the way, had some fights, did some traveling, might’ve been a homosexual or maybe a military autist, possibly died by conspiracy.  They should make a movie, maybe a series.

He was pretty cool. For a Swede.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Royals, especially the King, live on a level we'll never know. He is the ultimate gentleman and will be as perfect as humanly possible at all times. He learned from his father, who was a hero and great gentleman. Ignorant comments about their habits only expose the low class of the authors.
View Quote
Bro, this is America.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He was an absolute monarch. He hired on as King of a country with an empire, later he left that employment by the gunshot route and his country no longer had an empire.

No doubt he had some great adventures along the way, had some fights, did some traveling, might’ve been a homosexual or maybe a military autist, possibly died by conspiracy.  They should make a movie, maybe a series.

He was pretty cool. For a Swede.
View Quote

Man, that would make a great series if the writers did their research.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I would be WAY more of a dick than that if I were King.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What is that ball thing?

And the book was written by Scooby-Doo?
View Quote

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is that ball thing?

And the book was written by Scooby-Doo?

I thought it was a Pez dispenser?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Aren't the nicer shoelaces round? Why/how would they be ironed?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#42]
To think that that guy actually served in his nations military....
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I would raise everyone's taxes and then make England go to the moon to steal the US flag
View Quote

Have you been reading my mind? Because that's exactly what I would do if I was the monarch/dicktator of a 1st world country, leaving a big-ass IOU in its place.

Also, concubines. I'd have at least half a dozen at any given time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Even if all of this were true (consider the source), he's still many times better than Comrade Brandon.

He's not my favourite monarch, but he'd still be worthy of taking up arms for.

Brandon?  Nae so much.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck the king

Who's the king of America...
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You could have fresh brand new socks every day think how great that would be
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would do shit like that too. I would have someone wash and massage my feet three times a day too.

You could have fresh brand new socks every day think how great that would be

New socks? Pffthhht.  I'd have new shoes. Daily.  After having been broken in by my shoe page using shoe stretchers shaped exactly like my feet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
His wife is quite attractive as well. She is 52.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Just reading the thread title I knew it was DailyMail.

Never fails.

Stop falling for their shit.

You hate boomers for falling for tabloid fodder?

Delete NYPost and DailyMail from your computer.

Just those two. Only those two.

Your life will improve.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#49]

This thread is a trip. It's like, 45% "Bah! Republicanism rules, kings drool!", 45% "Man, it'd be so choice to be king. Here's some crazy shit I'd do", and 10% "other".
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#50]
There's some interview with Charles' high school classmates.  They gave him hell, when they could.  The school had to guard him, and virtually isolate him from the other kids.  
The boys' favorite prank was to sneak up behind him, and kick him in the butt.  They wanted to be able to say they'd kicked the king's ass.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top