BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How does rejecting or being critical of a made up Marxist holiday created by a racist Marxist while he was serving time for rape, kidnapping, and torture make one a “klansman?”
View Quote

Alinsky rule #5
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So you utilize the leftist principle of anyone critical of anything they push must be racist.  Got it.  IMHO, if your default position is “must be racist” then you are typically the racist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddamn. I knew arfcom typically doesn’t like black people, and I’m generally pretty neutral on the subject. Definitely not racist, but I’m fairly impartial. I didn’t interact with my first black person until I joined the service; most of them are alright.

But this thread definitely triggered the GD klansmen here, lol.

I’ve always had the attitude that I’ll respect someone else’s religion, even if I don’t believe in it myself.

Religion?

I don’t know much about Kwanzaa, but I assumed it’s some sort of religious holiday.

So, you don't know anything about Kwanza, but you decide to post here and call members triggered klansmen?

Maybe you should go do some reading about it, specifically who started it, where he was when he started it, and why he was where he was.

Also, the claim that "millions around the world celebrate it" is total BS. Go to Africa, or even a black person in Europe and ask what they are doing for Kwanza. It should make for an interesting conversation. Like someone posted, it's a fake holiday, made up by a violent felon, and is mainly "celebrated" by liberal white elementary teachers, who are indoctrinating children. Hell, I can't even think of any black people I know that celebrate it.

Okay well maybe I’ll go and read more about it a little later this week, and if you’re right about its history, I’ll redact my statement.

I just thought it was a black version of christmas and people here were mad because it’s some “christmas alternative” or something or because it has to do with black people. This is GD, so you never really know these days.

So you utilize the leftist principle of anyone critical of anything they push must be racist.  Got it.  IMHO, if your default position is “must be racist” then you are typically the racist.

Lol, i’ve been called a racist for criticizing leftish positions. I think the left is wrong on most, if not all positions regarding race today.

I just thought that the tone of the responses in this thread were an over reaction to the OP. Especially as someone who may or may not have naïve assumptions about what Kwanzaa is.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How does rejecting or being critical of a made up Marxist holiday created by a racist Marxist while he was serving time for rape, kidnapping, and torture make one a "klansman?"
View Quote

Doesn't particularly seem like these posts (among a few others) were aimed at the holiday.

Please stop quoting CoC violations, thanks.

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Doesn't particularly seem like these posts (among a few others) were aimed at the holiday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does rejecting or being critical of a made up Marxist holiday created by a racist Marxist while he was serving time for rape, kidnapping, and torture make one a “klansman?”

Quoted:
Which night is "twerk dat ass"?  I always forget if it's the 8th day or 9th day of Kwanzaa.

Quoted:

Nothing. But if you don't leave him a couple pieces of Extra Crispy, a bottle of grape drank, and a pack of Newports, he steals your bicycle and TV.

Yeah, I’m going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today wasn’t real, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What has come out of Africa that is worth celebrating?

I got nothin.
View Quote

Me either
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today was fake, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..
View Quote

Stereotypes are so unfair.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Which night is "twerk dat ass"?  I always forget if it's the 8th day or 9th day of Kwanzaa.

Quoted:

Nothing. But if you don't leave him a couple pieces of Extra Crispy, a bottle of grape drank, and a pack of Newports, he steals your bicycle and TV.

I wondered if there were any of the Tender Butt brigade that would start crying in this topic.

Yes, yes there are.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today was fake, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..
View Quote

Whether or not the highlighted comments were intended to be racist or just convenient sterotypic tropes for edgelords to edgelord the end result is a look that is bad for the community.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Educational
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today was just fake, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I’m going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today was just fake, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..

FFS.  This is GD, and those are JOKES.  
Is it "racist" when Dave Chapelle (and a dozen other black comics) does the nerdy white-guy voice and makes a crack about white folks?  Was it "racist" when Ralphie May did a whole bit about the annoying black couple in the theater and "cuba-diving"?  

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wondered if there were any of the Tender Butt brigade that would start crying in this topic.

Yes, yes there are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, yes there are.

If Chappelle would have posted those everyone would be laughing instead of wringing their hands.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
So they're celebrating a culture of living in mud and grass huts, foraging for berries, and engaging in endless tribal wars and murder. Cool.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is it "racist" when Dave Chapelle (and a dozen other black comics) does the nerdy white-guy voice and makes a crack about white folks?  Was it "racist" when Ralphie May did a whole bit about the annoying black couple in the theater and "cuba-diving"?  

Lighten up Francis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lighten up Francis.

I agree, and that’s why I don’t watch black comedians who make racist jokes. Or comedians who make anti-men jokes. That shit pisses me off too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol, i’ve been called a racist for criticizing leftish positions. I think the left is wrong on most, if not all positions regarding race today.

I just thought that the tone of the responses in this thread were an over reaction to the OP. Especially as someone who may or may not have naïve assumptions about what Kwanzaa is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddamn. I knew arfcom typically doesn’t like black people, and I’m generally pretty neutral on the subject. Definitely not racist, but I’m fairly impartial. I didn’t interact with my first black person until I joined the service; most of them are alright.

I’ve always had the attitude that I’ll respect someone else’s religion, even if I don’t believe in it myself.

Religion?

I don’t know much about Kwanzaa, but I assumed it’s some sort of religious holiday.

So, you don't know anything about Kwanza, but you decide to post here and call members triggered klansmen?

Maybe you should go do some reading about it, specifically who started it, where he was when he started it, and why he was where he was.

Also, the claim that "millions around the world celebrate it" is total BS. Go to Africa, or even a black person in Europe and ask what they are doing for Kwanza. It should make for an interesting conversation. Like someone posted, it's a fake holiday, made up by a violent felon, and is mainly "celebrated" by liberal white elementary teachers, who are indoctrinating children. Hell, I can't even think of any black people I know that celebrate it.

Okay well maybe I’ll go and read more about it a little later this week, and if you’re right about its history, I’ll redact my statement.

I just thought it was a black version of christmas and people here were mad because it’s some “christmas alternative” or something or because it has to do with black people. This is GD, so you never really know these days.

Dude. Your first post in this thread was about how much GD hates black people—let’s not backtrack now.  Embrace it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So they're celebrating a culture of living in mud and grass huts, foraging for berries, and engaging in endless tribal wars and murder. Cool.
View Quote

No one knows what to celebrate.
Can't keep up on what is offensive to people if they keep changing it up.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like snide comments—kinda like snide comments we see about red necks or Yankees or southerners or coast guardsmen all the time. Are you suggesting that there is one demographic that it is not permitted to be on the receiving end of some ridicule?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Black people celebrate the same Christmas as everyone else. There is no "black Christmas". That's like the kind of question that someone that doesn't actually know any black people would ask.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black people celebrate the same Christmas as everyone else. There is no "black Christmas". That's like the kind of question that someone that doesn't actually know any black people would ask.

Well said, AK
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Looks like snide comments—kinda like snide comments we see about red necks or Yankees or southerners or coast guardsmen all the time. Are you suggesting that there is one demographic that it is not permitted to be on the receiving end of some ridicule?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm suggesting it's not in our best interest to take the leg work out of painting our community as being friendly to actual racists.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dude. Your first post in this thread was about how much GD hates black people—let’s not backtrack now.  Embrace it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion?

I mean look, there is a legitimate argument for that too, lol. But maybe it is just the “edgelords” like the guy above said.

I’m not here to do a sociological examination. I just notice the overall vibe around certain sensitive topics. I’m not claiming to be a race expert either. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes ya just gotta ask yourself these things.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the record, Coast Guard part-time sailors are ALWAYS worthy of ridicule...
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today wasn’t real, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..
View Quote

If everything is racist then nothing is racist. There are also no words exclusive to one race or religion that can not be used by every race and religion.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hook, line, and sinker.  It's an actual annual tradition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two Kwanza posts, from Summer 2021 join date acccounts, this morning.

Hook, line, and sinker.  It's an actual annual tradition.

Part of the first day of kwanza, look it up
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I had to go to the store.

Now I am at home cooking dinner. You could have simply read what I said and interpreted it properly, as me telling you that I’m going to tentatively concede the argument.

This isn’t a debate I’m all too personally invested in.

In other words, I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding the facts regarding the history of Kwanzaa. I’ve got a lot to do the next few days before my trip and I don’t have the time to look it up. In other words, you win. Clear?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion?

You have no intention on doing any reading "later this week", nor are you going to redact your statement. You could easily do both right now. Hell, plenty of comments here telling what you need to know. Actually, maybe you could have read up on a topic before commenting on it, and sounding foolish.

It was also nice of you to inform us how you are "definitely not racist".

Your virtue, it has been signaled.

Now I am at home cooking dinner. You could have simply read what I said and interpreted it properly, as me telling you that I’m going to tentatively concede the argument.

In other words, I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding the facts regarding the history of Kwanzaa. I’ve got a lot to do the next few days before my trip and I don’t have the time to look it up. In other words, you win. Clear?

Too busy to do some reading on Kwanza, but plenty of time to reply to multiple posts here.

GTFO with that bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I predict 4 timeouts, 2 bans and a thread tactical nuke.

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Too busy to do some reading on Kwanza, but plenty of time to reply to multiple posts here.

GTFO with that bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion?

You have no intention on doing any reading "later this week", nor are you going to redact your statement. You could easily do both right now. Hell, plenty of comments here telling what you need to know. Actually, maybe you could have read up on a topic before commenting on it, and sounding foolish.

GTFO with that bullshit.

I’m done eating and chilling on my bed. i’ll have to start getting shit done in a few hours and don’t feel like spending a bunch of time researching something that I’m not fully invested in.

But you just want to argue, don’t you?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm suggesting it's not in our best interest to take the leg work out of painting our community as being friendly to actual racists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are all already considered racists. Absolutely no level of pandering will change that.

I’m not up for protected classes.  The rules, including those concerning ridicule, should apply to everyone.  You get just as offended when people make snide jokes about white people or Republicans or gun owners or just the lefts protected classes?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If everything is racist then nothing is racist. There are also no words exclusive to one race or religion that can not be used by every race and religion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today wasn't real, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..
View Quote
Racial tension is absolutely on the rise, but that's not going to be successfully combated by calling people Klansmen or racists. The only thing that's going to fix it, is addressing the root causes of the radical shifts in opinion, which I will be entirely honest with you, that's not happening this year, or next year. Maybe by the end of this decade, but it won't be pretty when it happens, and in the meantime, it's going to get a lot worse, because in the grander scheme, those same root causes are also going to be what formally destroy our status of being a world power. A majority of our cities have been all but completely destroyed at this point, and no first world country with a comfortable standard of living can survive off of a loose network of suburbs in the long run.

The Far Left Is Making Big Cities Even Worse

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There's literally no one that celebrated kwanza.
View Quote

Except stupid white liberal women school teachers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Racial tension is absolutely on the rise, but that's not going to be successfully combated by calling people Klansmen or racists. The only thing that's going to fix it, is addressing the root causes of the radical shifts in opinion, which I will be entirely honest with you, that's not happening this year, or next year. Maybe by the end of this decade, but it won't be pretty when it happens, and in the meantime, it's going to get a lot worse, because in the grander scheme, those same root causes are also going to be what formally destroy our status of being a world power. A majority of our cities have been all but completely destroyed at this point, and no first world country with a comfortable standard of living can survive off of a loose network of suburbs in the long run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RgqngPUnw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm going to be honest. Up until about a year ago, I thought that racism today wasn't real, and that black people simply used accusations to gaslight the entire country. But then I see posts like these, and it makes me wonder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RgqngPUnw

I don’t think it’s going to destroy our country. I do, however, think we will have to wait a year or two until emotions eventually simmer down.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a lie.  He invented Kwanzaa 5-6 years before going to prison.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My sister is law proudly celebrates Kwanzaa.

She's a white elementary school teacher just to the right of Mao.

Kharn
View Quote

Fucking white leftist women will be the death of western civilization.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I find Kwanzaa offensive
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lighten up Francis.
View Quote

I am white, and I think that Dave Chapelle's "Chuck Taylor" white guy character is fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I have never met a single individual who celebrated this phony, made-up, Communist holiday.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Welcome 21er! How long have you taught elementary school?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We are all already considered racists. Absolutely no level of pandering will change that.

I’m not up for protected classes.  The rules, including those concerning ridicule, should apply to everyone.  You get just as offended when people make snide jokes about white people or Republicans or gun owners or just the lefts protected classes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not pandering to point out that riding the line between stereotyping and racism is not something we should be staunchly defending.  Nor is any class protected in doing so.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What does Kwanzaa Claus bring?
View Quote

nah, doesnt work that way.. during kwanzaa one simply takes what one wants from a local store
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's not pandering to point out that riding the line between stereotyping and racism is not something we should be staunchly defending.  Nor is any class protected in doing so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whereas I think that people are way too sensitive on the subject—a single Mel Brooks movie would stroke some of these people out—as long as one is consistent across all races, ethnicities, religions, income level, or whatever, then I can’t criticize.  I look forward to your input in the next “Florida man” thread.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Attachment Attached File

sure.....

Attachment Attached File

seems like this is posted to intentionally stir things up, then claim innocence

especially when you claim

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#42]
It’s fake.. that is all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#43]
It’s a holiday for black separatists and crazy white Uber liberal teacher ladies that have a thirst for the bbc. I’d be surprised if 100k people celebrated it worldwide.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Fake, Phony , Fraud is all I need to know about it!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m done eating and chilling on my bed. i’ll have to start getting shit done in a few hours and don’t feel like spending a bunch of time researching something that I’m not fully invested in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion?

GTFO with that bullshit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Whereas I think that people are way too sensitive on the subject—a single Mel Brooks movie would stroke some of these people out—as long as one is consistent across all races, ethnicities, religions, income level, or whatever, then I can’t criticize.  I look forward to your input in the next “Florida man” thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apple, meet orange.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion?

GTFO with that bullshit.

Argue? LOL!

No, I'm just pointing out the giant clown shoes you are wearing. You come in here and make a post (where you call members "klansmen") but the admit you don't know anything about the topic. You then claim to be "too busy" to do any research on the topic, yet you have plenty of time to keep replying to multiple posters, when you could have easily used that time to educate yourself.

Now that you are getting piled on by multiple members, you claim innocence. Your agenda is pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Okay but did you read some of the spicer comments made in this thread, such as fried chicken, grape drink, and twerking, or the image of the black demon thing? There is plenty of eyebrow raising material. It’s not even about “Kwanzaa.”

It’s not even close to making it a stretch. It’s not my fight or cross to bear. Just surprised how quickly they came out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Apple, meet orange.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apple, meet orange.

Why? Isn’t that a negative stereotype as well? Or is your outrage selective?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top