BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Argue? LOL!

No, I'm just pointing out the giant clown shoes you are wearing. You come in here and make a post (where you call members "klansmen") but the admit you don't know anything about the topic. You then claim to be "too busy" to do any research on the topic, yet you have plenty of time to keep replying to multiple posters, when you could have easily used that time to educate yourself.

Now that you are getting piled on by multiple members, you claim innocence. Your agenda is pretty obvious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddamn. I knew arfcom typically doesn’t like black people, and I’m generally pretty neutral on the subject. Definitely not racist, but I’m fairly impartial. I didn’t interact with my first black person until I joined the service; most of them are alright.

But this thread definitely triggered the GD klansmen here, lol.

I’ve always had the attitude that I’ll respect someone else’s religion, even if I don’t believe in it myself.

Religion?

I don’t know much about Kwanzaa, but I assumed it’s some sort of religious holiday.

So, you don't know anything about Kwanza, but you decide to post here and call members triggered klansmen?

Maybe you should go do some reading about it, specifically who started it, where he was when he started it, and why he was where he was.

Also, the claim that "millions around the world celebrate it" is total BS. Go to Africa, or even a black person in Europe and ask what they are doing for Kwanza. It should make for an interesting conversation. Like someone posted, it's a fake holiday, made up by a violent felon, and is mainly "celebrated" by liberal white elementary teachers, who are indoctrinating children. Hell, I can't even think of any black people I know that celebrate it.

Okay well maybe I’ll go and read more about it a little later this week, and if you’re right about its history, I’ll redact my statement.

I just thought it was a black version of christmas and people here were mad because it’s some “christmas alternative” or something or because it has to do with black people. This is GD, so you never really know these days.

You have no intention on doing any reading "later this week", nor are you going to redact your statement. You could easily do both right now. Hell, plenty of comments here telling what you need to know. Actually, maybe you could have read up on a topic before commenting on it, and sounding foolish.

It was also nice of you to inform us how you are "definitely not racist".

Your virtue, it has been signaled.

I had to go to the store.

Now I am at home cooking dinner. You could have simply read what I said and interpreted it properly, as me telling you that I’m going to tentatively concede the argument.

This isn’t a debate I’m all too personally invested in.

In other words, I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding the facts regarding the history of Kwanzaa. I’ve got a lot to do the next few days before my trip and I don’t have the time to look it up. In other words, you win. Clear?

Too busy to do some reading on Kwanza, but plenty of time to reply to multiple posts here.

GTFO with that bullshit.

I’m done eating and chilling on my bed. i’ll have to start getting shit done in a few hours and don’t feel like spending a bunch of time researching something that I’m not fully invested in.

But you just want to argue, don’t you?

Argue? LOL!

No, I'm just pointing out the giant clown shoes you are wearing. You come in here and make a post (where you call members "klansmen") but the admit you don't know anything about the topic. You then claim to be "too busy" to do any research on the topic, yet you have plenty of time to keep replying to multiple posters, when you could have easily used that time to educate yourself.

Now that you are getting piled on by multiple members, you claim innocence. Your agenda is pretty obvious.

Noone is piling on me except for you. Dmnoid77 seems to be the most persuasive opposition to you.

I’m just calling some of the rhetoric in this thread like we saw it. Kwanzaa isn’t even the thing here. I’m talking about all the comments like mentioned above. And yes, I am now clearly wasting time getting sucked into this argument.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Add 150lbs, 40 years, visible African tribal tattoos, and four kids.

That's my sister in law.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Okay but did you read some of the spicer comments made in this thread, such as fried chicken, grape drink, and twerking, or the image of the black demon thing? There is plenty of eyebrow raising material. It's not even about "Kwanzaa."

It's not even close to making it a stretch. It's not my fight or cross to bear. Just surprised how quickly they came out.
View Quote

I know you push that 'inclusiveness' and what a lot consider to be wokeness, crt, etc. should be embraced and allowed to happen, instead of being prohibited from being supported and taught

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know you push that 'inclusiveness' and what a lot consider to be wokeness, crt, etc. should be embraced and allowed to happen, instead of being prohibited from being supported and taught

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2917/Skyler2000-defendskwanza-image-20211226--2217790.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay but did you read some of the spicer comments made in this thread, such as fried chicken, grape drink, and twerking, or the image of the black demon thing? There is plenty of eyebrow raising material. It's not even about "Kwanzaa."

It's not even close to making it a stretch. It's not my fight or cross to bear. Just surprised how quickly they came out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2917/Skyler2000-defendskwanza-image-20211226--2217790.JPG

Did you even read that entire thread, or just that one post? I am fairly libertarian, so i’m against government telling universities what to teach, because that’s what authoritarian governments do. I would recommend going back and reading the entire thread. I am very much against “woke“ culture.

It seems to you though that the definition of being “woke” equates to finding “racially charged“ posts as questionable. is that really the bar you want to set?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Another BS "black" holiday.  We don't even watch blacks on TV, much less celebrate their imaginary holiday.????????
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why? Isn’t that a negative stereotype as well? Or is your outrage selective?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does rejecting or being critical of a made up Marxist holiday created by a racist Marxist while he was serving time for rape, kidnapping, and torture make one a “klansman?”

Doesn't particularly seem like these posts (among a few others) were aimed at the holiday.

Quoted:
Which night is "twerk dat ass"?  I always forget if it's the 8th day or 9th day of Kwanzaa.

Quoted:

Nothing. But if you don't leave him a couple pieces of Extra Crispy, a bottle of grape drank, and a pack of Newports, he steals your bicycle and TV.

Looks like snide comments—kinda like snide comments we see about red necks or Yankees or southerners or coast guardsmen all the time. Are you suggesting that there is one demographic that it is not permitted to be on the receiving end of some ridicule?

I'm suggesting it's not in our best interest to take the leg work out of painting our community as being friendly to actual racists.

We are all already considered racists. Absolutely no level of pandering will change that.

I’m not up for protected classes.  The rules, including those concerning ridicule, should apply to everyone.  You get just as offended when people make snide jokes about white people or Republicans or gun owners or just the lefts protected classes?

It's not pandering to point out that riding the line between stereotyping and racism is not something we should be staunchly defending.  Nor is any class protected in doing so.

Whereas I think that people are way too sensitive on the subject—a single Mel Brooks movie would stroke some of these people out—as long as one is consistent across all races, ethnicities, religions, income level, or whatever, then I can’t criticize.  I look forward to your input in the next “Florida man” thread.

Apple, meet orange.

Why? Isn’t that a negative stereotype as well? Or is your outrage selective?

Outrage would be charged language, and inaccurate.  The comments I linked, in the best case scenario, were skirting CoC 1.  No more, no less.  Making fun of "Florida man" for doing something absurd enough to make headlines does not.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What does Kwanzaa Claus bring?
View Quote
$950 worth of free stuff in CA
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Created by a guy named Ron from Maryland 55 years ago.
View Quote

#MeToo but we wont talk about it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FFS.  This is GD, and those are JOKES.  
Is it "racist" when Dave Chapelle (and a dozen other black comics) does the nerdy white-guy voice and makes a crack about white folks?  Was it "racist" when Ralphie May did a whole bit about the annoying black couple in the theater and "cuba-diving"?  

Lighten up Francis.
View Quote

That's Dave Chapelle a dude you can tell is joking. Some of the ones posting in this thread can be seen in other threads consistently being racist trash.

There's joking then there's being actual racist trashbags.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's Dave Chapelle a dude you can tell is joking. Some of the ones posting in this thread can be seen in other threads consistently being racist trash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FFS.  This is GD, and those are JOKES.  
Is it "racist" when Dave Chapelle (and a dozen other black comics) does the nerdy white-guy voice and makes a crack about white folks?  Was it "racist" when Ralphie May did a whole bit about the annoying black couple in the theater and "cuba-diving"?  

Lighten up Francis.

Fake holidays are ok as long as they're marketed to blacks because anyone who points out how fucking retarded the idea is can be called a racist, checkmate other people!
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Not worth it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not worth it.
View Quote

Nah, go ahead, I'm sure you can keep it within CoC
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it time for cake

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:16:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I bet she does ass to mouth.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:34:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fake holidays are ok as long as they're marketed to blacks because anyone who points out how fucking retarded the idea is can be called a racist, checkmate other people!
View Quote

Fake holiday not okay.

But some of the comments the guy quoted such as grape drink and fried chicken stem directly from minstrel shows. And that's just shitty my man.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:49:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not worth it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:04:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bail money.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Unfortunately they will because they know that the odds of Hispanics going to the police are so low.
View Quote

When you have La eMe you don't need the police.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m working with two people from Africa and I asked them what Kwanzaa and they said

“It’s a festival celebrated in Canada”

Then she was like “is it Hanukkah? Or like a Native American thing where they do colorful celebration and dancing thing? It’s not for us.”
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m working with two people from Africa and I asked them what Kwanzaa and they said

“It’s a festival celebrated in Canada”

Then she was like “is it Hanukkah? Or like a Native American thing where they do colorful celebration and dancing thing? It’s not for us.”
View Quote

The left when they hear that

"Those aren't real Africans"
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 4:56:55 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The left when they hear that

"Those aren't real Africans"
View Quote

They’re from Ghana and Kenya
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#23]

I always thought she was kinda cute and apparently just gullible enough to be accessible.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fake holiday not okay.

But some of the comments the guy quoted such as grape drink and fried chicken stem directly from minstrel shows. And that's just shitty my man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake holiday not okay.

It's grape drank.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Created by a guy named Ron from Maryland 55 years ago.
View Quote

So it's the Lake Trout of holidays?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone figured out what Kwanzaa actually is yet?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They’re from Ghana and Kenya
View Quote

I swear that Africa is either hopelessly dysfunctional or unfathomably based, with no in-between.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I swear that Africa is either hopelessly dysfunctional or unfathomably based, with no in-between.
View Quote

This has been my observation as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Celebrate a disastrous culture.  150 years plus or minus after freedom, and still can't get their act together.  It's like the opposite of the Renaissance.
View Quote

That's unfair.  Blacks could and did hold their families together and then LBJ and the Great Society came along and broke up the black family.  Now it's applied to whites too. Single parent families were once rare and are now quite the norm.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#30]

I'd rather eat the pie filling straight from the can than that shitshow.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don’t know much about Kwanzaa, but I assumed it’s some sort of religious holiday.
View Quote

It's not. It's actually a holiday made up entirely by a black ex-convict because he didn't want black people to celebrate Christmas.

No kidding, that's the story in its entirety.

He has some sort of African name he goes by these days, but he's from Maryland originally.

It is complete and total nonsense which would get you a blank stare in Africa.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#32]
well it's official

Attachment Attached File

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1475473099302871050

in fact, the president and vice president of the U.S. want you to celebrate kwanzaa

Attachment Attached File

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1475126705278828555

Attachment Attached File

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1475272169051635714

I wonder if they want it celebrated properly or for people to be fake kwanzaa observers, only wishing people were stripped naked, tied with electrical cords, bashed with toasters and tortured?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

He ain't no weak ass "bringer"...elf posse hit Neiman Marcus...
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fake holiday not okay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake holiday not okay.

The had grape soda back in the days of minstrel  shows? Avoid “Harold and Kumar go to Gotmo.”  That move has a grape soda joke in it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
well it's official

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2917/kwanza-image-20211227-002_jpg-2218610.JPG

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1475473099302871050

in fact, the president and vice president of the U.S. want you to celebrate kwanzaa

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2917/kwanza-image-20211227-001_jpg-2218611.JPG

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1475126705278828555

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2917/kwanza-image-20211227-003_jpg-2218614.JPG

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1475272169051635714

I wonder if they want it celebrated properly or for people to be fake kwanzaa observers, only wishing people were stripped naked, tied with electrical cords, bashed with toasters and tortured?
View Quote

I want to see a photo of a juvenile Kamala and her family celebrating Kwanza. Just one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What has come out of Africa that is worth celebrating?

I got nothin.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I graduated Highschool in 1988 and can't, for the life of me, recall hearing about Kwanzaa until the mid-90's.

It's gotta be some made up holiday, that only very few recognize.  Something else to further divide us racially.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm suggesting it's not in our best interest to take the leg work out of painting our community as being friendly to actual racists.
View Quote

The people youre talking about are going to call us all racists. Stop trying to live by their rules. They don't
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The people youre talking about are going to call us all racists. Stop trying to live by their rules. They don't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make them work for it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Make them work for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make them work for it.

That's my point. They won't work for anything. They will attack us regardless of any self censorship or virtue signaling. Stop trying to satisfy people who hate you
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What has come out of Africa that is worth celebrating?

I got nothin.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

Rhodesian Ridgeback
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#43]
They weren't happy sharing Christmas with everyone else so they just had to invent their own imaginary holiday.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#44]
That is made up crap?  Looks like I already know...
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Make them work for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make them work for it.

As soon as you spend effort trying to live within their rules you've already lost, because then you get a bunch of David French types competing to see who can be the most "respectable." Or supposed conservatives on a gun forum defending Kwanzaa
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's my point. They won't work for anything. They will attack us regardless of any self censorship or virtue signaling. Stop trying to satisfy people who hate you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make them work for it.

What makes you think any of that is about satisfying anyone else.  Anyone bandying about "racism" in the absence of indicators racism is not someone that can be reached, but those are outliers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What makes you think any of that is about satisfying anyone else.  Anyone bandying about "racism" in the absence of indicators racism is not someone that can be reached, but those are outliers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make them work for it.

You make me think this is about satisfying other people by saying this

"I'm suggesting it's not in our best interest to take the leg work out of painting our community as being friendly to actual racists"

They don't care if you arent what they say you are, and they wont spare you for being a moral man in an amoral world
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

As soon as you spend effort trying to live within their rules you've already lost, because then you get a bunch of David French types competing to see who can be the most "respectable." Or supposed conservatives on a gun forum defending Kwanzaa
View Quote

Who exactly is defending Kwanzaa in this thread?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing. He steals.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top