[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day 8 Analysis
Posted on November 11, 2021

John @LawyerUp

Some armchair legal quarterbacking following day 8 of the Kyle Rittenhouse self defense trial in Wisconsin. This is an important firearms related self defense case which illustrates the importance of attorney skill and tactics in jury trial advocacy. There’s been some surprising events so far in the trial, including the testimony of the defendant himself today. In fact, something shocking happened during Kyle’s cross examination which may itself be a constitutional violation. Join me to watch some of it and discuss…… Freedom is Scary Episode 80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g0WWr0B-Lk
View Quote

I'll be doing another one tonight at 6:30 ET. Chris Weist may join me, not sure yet.

One day I finally get freed up to watch the trial tomorrow and they're gonna do paperwork.....

I do what I can, when I can..... I think this trial is fascinating though.

Rittenhouse Trial Day 9 Legal Analysis
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
So lets see what kind of drama happens over the weekend.  Anybody want to guess how many jurors leak to the press or get tainted by somebody talking about the case and have to be removed?

I'm gonna feel robbed if there's not one or two of them getting booted monday morning.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How is that wrong? Pointing your weapon at someone is assault in most states is it not? Also, it is a threat, as we saw from bicep boy. So, one could assume that someone would take exception to that and try to attack said person.

It sucks for sure, but if the image does show something, and I think it must if the judge allowed it, then Kyle is in some hot water.
View Quote

Once Kyle retreated and was cornered, it was self defense. Pedo had the option to pursue or not. He was already the aggressor when Kyle pointed at him, as a deterrent. Kyle said this happened during his testimony.
This shitty video is supposed to show Kyle pointing a gun at someone that has been cropped out of the image, if I am hearing correctly. I am mostly deaf, so I can't understand everything.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's the deal with "additional charges"?  Is that a thing at the end of trials?
View Quote

Apparently they can add lesser charges that are part of the major charges. Their video at the end will be their avenue although seeing the pictures now makes me wonder how they even can.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went to the range for a while, any real progress?
View Quote

The prosecution spent the afternoon trying to get an enhanced photo submitted as evidence that shows two things:

1)  Jack
2)  Shit
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Adding lesser charges is an “Oh fuck we’re gonna lose, throw a Hail Mary.”
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rittenhouse is fucked, IMO.

"Lesser included charges"

Literally no chance he walks at this point. Trial has been politicized too far. Having 3 days to intimidate and harrass any potential jurors - as well as for ANTIFAGs to start burning and threatening to loot what's left of Kenosha.

View Quote

You're almost never going to have a murder case that doesnt have instructions on lesser included charges. In Virginia, the standard only requires some scintilla of evidence that supports the inclusion of the instruction. Every now and then you get all or nothing instructions (and it might be appropriate in this case), but it's uncommon.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD8dXVkXsAUvMG4?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Lol, a walking charicature. What an ironic amount of projection
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Apparently. Now they get to add Murder 3, Manslaughter 1/3, etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the deal with "additional charges"?  Is that a thing at the end of trials?

That is total bullshit if they do. Hopefully the judge throws it all out with prejudice on Monday.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Once Kyle retreated and was cornered, it was self defense. Pedo had the option to pursue or not. He was already the aggressor when Kyle pointed at him, as a deterrent. Kyle said this happened during his testimony.
This shitty video is supposed to show Kyle pointing a gun at someone that has been cropped out of the image, if I am hearing correctly. I am mostly deaf, so I can't understand everything.
View Quote

Yeah well that shitty photo actually shows jack shit. I'm beyond pissed at the judge now. He never should have allowed a photo in that isn't clear as day. There is no clear view of a rifle being aimed at anyone. What in gods name did he see?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What are you concern trolling over now?
View Quote

Concern trolling?

Quite the opposite. Kyle is 10,000% innocent (even on the gun charge)

The problem is that the state is going to add charges until they get him on "something" at the last minute. Based on the info from the streams; jury sims basically put it at 30/30/30 for (won't change mind, guilty/no preference/won't change mind not guilty). What I fear is going to happen once they add all the additional charges is split verdict bargaining - "We'll vote not guilty on Murder 1 - but you have to vote guilty on Manslaughter"
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the first and second slide, it looked slightly better on the 1080p stream but not by much

https://asatisfyingwasteoftime.files.wordpress.com/2021/11/1090p2.png

https://asatisfyingwasteoftime.files.wordpress.com/2021/11/1090p.png
View Quote

I can't see shit in the bottom one. In the top I think I see what the state is pointing out? But, and if I'm seeing what it might be it still doesn't make sense. Kyle is right handed. The visual of the what may be the magazine would be blocked by his left arm. His left arm should be in the foreground, not behind the rifle.

Edit: I can't see anything definitive anyways. That is not reasonable. This is not representative of "beyond the shadow of a doubt".
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rittenhouse is fucked, IMO.

"Lesser included charges"

Literally no chance he walks at this point. Trial has been politicized too far. Having 3 days to intimidate and harrass any potential jurors - as well as for ANTIFAGs to start burning and threatening to loot what's left of Kenosha.

View Quote

No, he's not

It's not 2020 anymore, DNC doesn't want the heat and BLM stole all the money they got last year

He's going to walk and nothing is going to happen
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I found a Rittenhouse NPC in the wild today. His first question was....Why did he have an M16?

My eyes are lost, still rolling around after they rolled out of my head.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Prosecution going for new lesser included charges and jury instructions for provocation.

That’s their entire case “Kyle was initial provocation and hence any self defense is nullified”

Except that’s not true.

Also nobody talked about crime scene chic recovered unfired .40 cal cartridge at scene.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Now that I see the photo I am more angry the judge let it in. That does not show jack shit. I don't see a rifle pointed at anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the first and second slide, it looked slightly better on the 1080p stream but not by much

Now that I see the photo I am more angry the judge let it in. That does not show jack shit. I don't see a rifle pointed at anyone.
I think I called it. Tarded pixelated picture is now a bigger tarded pixelated picture.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
more added pixels more interpolation? Yes.
View Quote

"interpolation"=guess.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Does that mean tomorrow closing arguments and jury decision just in time for weekend riots in Kenosha?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I can't see shit in the bottom one. In the top I think I see what the state is pointing out? But, and if I'm seeing what it might be it still doesn't make sense. Kyle is right handed. The visual of the what may be the magazine would be blocked by his left arm. His left arm should be in the foreground, not behind the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't provide explanation, they showed the slides for seconds and then that was it. I suspect these are the hinge for closing but were destroyed on cross so they should have little impact.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#21]
What's stopping the judge from dismissing with prejudice?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Negative. It messes with jury instructions and confuses the jury.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is why the one they showed was slowed down in most of the playback and why the video has not been allowed to be shown in entirety, in real time.
Who thing went down in under 3 minutes from pedo chasing him to Kyle running away from the one armed bandit towards the cops.

Prosecution wants to make it look like Kyle was just waltzing around shooting peaceful protestors for the lulz.

View Quote

The prosecution's problems is, he didn't do that, and this lame ass "pickle pic" does nothing to bolster their bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hey, I think I know that ugly mug.

Think that is the same troll that was harassing my family on social media.

The payback that is about to come tumbling down on that worthless cunt is gonna be biblical.
(and that is all I am gonna say about that)
View Quote

Yeah, we’re gonna need a thread on this.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The defense has to file a motion for it, I believe. And they haven't done that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I grew up trying to decipher boobies out of scrambled Skinamax movies and I can't make jack shit out of that photo.
View Quote

My 7 year old just ran in and asked why I busted up laughing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing, it's on the table but not likely
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
State saying they need 3.5 hours for close and rebuttal. Judge says that's too long.
View Quote

Never been on a jury but I would bet that that amount of time turns them against you
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sure have been a lot of conservative pundits on Twitter and elsewhere coming out with tacit support of Rittenhouse over the last two days, now that it's safe
View Quote

I'm sure that faggot Hannity has applauded Rittenhouse now but told his audience how he would have judo chopped the manlet pedo in half
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wonder if the judge may give the defense the mistrial with prejudice since the state seems so intent on constantly gaming the trial?

Bicep boy being locked in on his testimony wont help with a re trial.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"interpolation"=guess.
View Quote

Negative.  It's a calculated average between points, via the adjacent pixels.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm terrible at eye games, so there's that, but I can't even tell it's a person in those photos, let alone where the gun is pointing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nothing, it's on the table but not likely
View Quote

Problem I'm hearing is things like, IF the Appeals Court (worst case) decides to go with the law, then they would do it on appeal because according to lawyers it is clear cut. Its either the law, or it's not.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
it is amazing a court would even entertain an "expert" who has answered "i dont know" about everything.
View Quote

I would have asked him at the end "how many times have you said I don't know in your expert testimony?" and when he said "I don't know", I would say after that one, it's now 87 times. Seems like a lot for an expert.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I grew up trying to decipher boobies out of scrambled Skinamax movies and I can't make jack shit out of that photo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this the actual photo being talked about?  That supposedly shows Kyle pointing a rifle?

^^^^ This is the true IMINT expert of the forum.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What? Did the judge say this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may just tell you to sit down mid sentence

What? Did the judge say this?

@JamesP81

Yes he did.  He then went on to explain to the state’s attorney that he (the judge) did that very thing to one of his (state’s attorney) colleague not too long ago in the middle of a particularly drawn out closing argument
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#37]
What's worse it that this is not the enlargement of a photograph.

This is an enlargement of video.  The original video compresses information in both space and time when it writes it to the file.  The original recording of the video isn't even what hit the image sensor.  No, it is compressed in x, y and t.

I just do not think think a 1920x880 image can be enlarged to show what the state is claiming to be shown.

When "smart" enlargement algorithms don't know what they are looking at ... they make stuff up ... based upon ... biases.  Sometimes they get it right to look reasonable, because they have the proper bias behind it, but sometimes they get things comically wrong.

If it isn't reasonably apparent in the unenlarged version, the enlargement is an educated guess.  A computerized educated guess, but based upon data that was already compressed to throw out data.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I bet they try to get hm for lying on the stand...probably several counts.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm interesting. Smarmy as hell, but interesting.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They have been talking about fucking pixels for two days now. The defense has nothing to go on, just running down the clock it seems.
View Quote

The jury forgets the dramatic stuff when they pull this shit. It is part of the game.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I can't watch anymore of the stuff
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Judge" I can't make anything out of the (prints)"
View Quote
Ok, so I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Does that mean tomorrow closing arguments and jury decision just in time for weekend riots in Kenosha?
View Quote
Tomorrow is some kind of non-jury related discussions.

Monday the jury will be back.

I wouldn't count on there being any video to watch tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Never been on a jury but I would bet that that amount of time turns them against you
View Quote

Especially fat man and the cocksucker. If you're that unlikeable you should probably limit your exposeure
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Negative.  It's a calculated average between points, via the adjacent pixels.
View Quote

Except when it's not. Sometimes it's more than the adjacent pixels, sometimes it's not an average. See below.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Time for the judge to stop this stupid shit. The pics in question mainly have no real bearing on the self defense charge, and show nothing that wasn't admitted to.
View Quote

Binger was trying to discredit Rittenhouse's testimony about not pointing a gun at people other than the ones that he shot. IMO, it's irrelevant as Rittenhouse might have swung the gun towards the sound of gunfire.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not lawyer not expert on such matters. Learned a ton about jury instructions during watching entire zman trial. It’s not as simple as one would think. It’s like a huge flow chart. If not this then that based on evidence blah blah

Juries are people and most have their mind made by now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The defense has to file a motion for it, I believe. And they haven't done that.
View Quote

They have.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I took it as so inconsequential that it wasn't worth fighting over.
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top