Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 706
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If I have to spend 3 days tweaking the settings until to make the output show what I want, I created the image just as surely as da Vinci created the Mona Lisa.
View Quote

No shit. That looks nothing like what he started with, I'm sure. Then they intentionally crop out who he is supposed to be pointing at? The guy facing arson charges?
Fuck me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The defense made a motion for mistrial for prosecutorial misconduct. They have not made a motion for directed verdict.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The defense has to file a motion for it, I believe. And they haven't done that.

They have.

The defense made a motion for mistrial for prosecutorial misconduct. They have not made a motion for directed verdict.

Isn't that something the Judge decides on his own?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Concern trolling?

Quite the opposite. Kyle is 10,000% innocent (even on the gun charge)

The problem is that the state is going to add charges until they get him on "something" at the last minute. Based on the info from the streams; jury sims basically put it at 30/30/30 for (won't change mind, guilty/no preference/won't change mind not guilty). What I fear is going to happen once they add all the additional charges is split verdict bargaining - "We'll vote not guilty on Murder 1 - but you have to vote guilty on Manslaughter"
View Quote

Kenosha county voted Trump. Odds are at least one person on the jury isn’t a complete sniveling pussy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Too bad Kyle didn't have fox labs. He maybe could have just hosed dude down.  I'm sure he wishes he had not gone to Kenosha that night.  I pray it's a not guilty or it's thrown out with prejudice.

on another note, I did send the ADA a little email.
View Quote

Pedo would have walked through the spray, and ended up killing him.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Reasonable doubt. They are not changing that blurry shit blob photo into some super clear indication of a gun being pointed at Ziminskis. It sounded like the fat cop said Ziminski was out of the frame. At best it is going to be some bigger blob.

I think at this point the jury has made up their mind and this foundation discussion is causing their eyes to glaze over.
View Quote

This reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode where Greg kept blowing up a picture he took of a football game, where a completed pass was said to be out of bounds. Remember that one?

They kept enlarging it and enlarging it and, in the finished pic, you could see the fucking blades of grass and every detail of the player's foot! That's how absurd this whole thing is!

And, as unbelievable.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, but wait until this trial is over and KR walks.  Then you can throw Binger to the lions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best thing we can focus on now, is getting Thomas Binger disbarred.  The people of Kenosha, and Wisconsin as a whole should be calling for his removal.  How do we organize this?

Yeah, but wait until this trial is over and KR walks.  Then you can throw Binger to the lions.

I’ve never been to Kenosha. But the residents voted these clowns in. If they don’t vote them out then good luck.

I doubt any state bar is going to do shit. The bar is made up of lawyers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Uh, excuse me, but can somebody please post or point me to this "fuzzy photo" everybody's talking about?
View Quote

I wish we could, but the images we have are even further compressed, and if the judge couldn't see it while looking the enlargement of an extremely cropped 1920x880 image on a 4K monitor - yeah, let's not even ask about that last conversion - I don't hold out hope for us to be able to see anything, at this moment, remotely resembling what is being presented to the jury.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hope he is waiting on the "additional" charges. Anyone who doesn't see what is going on here is blind.
View Quote

There are no “additional” charges. What is involved here are “lesser included” charges.

For example, say that John Doe is charged with First Degree Murder. Through the course of the trial, the prosecution convinces the jury that John Doe did, in fact, shoot and kill his victim.  But the jury is not convinced that John Doe planned and premeditated the killing.

By law in the jurisdiction where Mr. Doe is charged, Second Degree Murder is a “lesser included” offense under First Degree Murder.  This means that the jury may return a verdict of guilty to Second Degree Murder, having found that Mr. Doe did unlawfully kill his victim.

But that really doesn’t matter in a self defense case. As the judge will certainly instruct the jury, if they find Rittenhouse acted in self defense for the top count, that applies to all lesser included charges.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm going to go against the doomers.

I say Kyle walks in under an hour of the jury getting the case.
View Quote

they are gonna get him on a weapons charge. its possible some sort of reckless endangerment also. no murder charges. thats unless the judge charges the jury in such a way as the weapons and/or the reckless endangerment are nullified somehow.

he did carry a weapon that he may not have been legally carrying. this point is not clear to me.

and taking an ar15 into a fluid group situation with rioters and innocent bystanders and then firing the weapon could be considered reckless endangerment.

btw, i think he should get off on all counts. im just looking at this from standpoint of a juror who convinces the other 11 members that no matter what his justification for shooting the 3 folks, the fact that he put himself into a situation in which other folks may have been harmed by his firearm, was reckless. i would not have voted for that no matter what, but it was 'reckless' and some jurors somewhat appalled at a 17 year old armed with a weapon of mass destruction may not be able to get past that issue.

and of course there is a lesson here. when they give a riot, do not go, unless it comes to your home or your place of business and if its your place of business, it gets sticky. you are inside, can exit out the back or front, they start burning your building, but they dont threaten or attack you, can you shoot them? i would want to, but its not my home, i can avoid the threat and there are no direct threats to me. so what can i 'get away' with. theres what you want to do and what you can and cant get away with regardless these days. especially if POCs are involved and you are in an area where POCs dominate the local political arena (atlanta being a very good example of that).
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Uploading enhance enhance enhance drone video to youtube now
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope he gets acquitted, not a mistrial.  If they call a mistrial, they'll be screaming "ohmigod, this lunatic white supremacist murdered three people and got off on a technicality!!!!!"  The roar would be deafening.  Much better to have a nice, clean "not guilty" verdict.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hey he can open the software and click buttons and he passed the multiple guess test (maybe) who needs accuracy.

Sounds like some engineers I know.
View Quote

He had two and a half days training! With donut breaks and lunch!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm terrible at eye games, so there's that, but I can't even tell it's a person in those photos, let alone where the gun is pointing.
View Quote

I think your avatar of a small hole in a blue steel plate shows the problem perfectly. In an extreme enhancement the hole becomes a two pixel rectangle.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I hate this. I tend personally toward extreme pessimism, aka a doomer.  I know this about myself, so I am not going to make a prediction. It would be worthless anyway.  I just pray for justice’s sake that Kyle is exonerated.  I also hope that our Wisconsin brethren are pressuring your GOP pols on this, regardless of the outcome.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wish we could, but the images we have are even further compressed, and if the judge couldn't see it while looking the enlargement of an extremely cropped 1920x880 image on a 4K monitor - yeah, let's not even ask about that last conversion - I don't hold out hope for us to be able to see anything, at this moment, remotely resembling what is being presented to the jury.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, excuse me, but can somebody please post or point me to this "fuzzy photo" everybody's talking about?

I believe the judge was watching the original, unaltered video on the TV. Not the edited still.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a perfect world you are spot on.

However we don't know how intimidated the jury is.

Think about it a second.

There's Karen or Ken on the jury and they get word that someone might paint a slogan (or some such shit) on their driveway of the acquit Kyle.

OR they'll have to justify their actions to the other Karens and Kens in their neighborhood.

You call it.

We have gone to "We pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor'' to "Gee! I wont get invited to a cocktail party if I acquit this guy!".

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#19]
taking an ar15 into a fluid group situation with rioters and innocent bystanders and then firing the weapon could be considered reckless endangerment.
View Quote

Well, yeah, but.... let's face it....  considering what happened to him, if he hadn't had that AR with him, he'd be dead now.  Anybody disagree?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought the judge would have called a mistrial when the prosecutor tried to make a big deal out of bodycam guy getting a lawyer. Not sure why that was allowed, when it’s his right.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

Start your engines!!!!

Prepare to get your blood.........  BOILING!!!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/Kvfp0dkv/256448740-4844127372299277-7422056600198957225-n.png
View Quote

Tell me you haven't watched the trial without telling me you haven't watched the trial.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
An observation that Court TV has had good coverage and 3:1 pro Kyle in their ongoing analysis.

They brought up something that I forgot, cross got Kyle to admit he wasn't truthful about being an EMT in his interview. They showed that testimony again, hope that has no lasting impression on the jury.

I'm not as optimistic as I was after Tuesday, putting Kyle on the stand did not help him, imo.
View Quote

I think Kyle up there went a lot better than it could have and I think the jury could see how as a 17 year old you could get confused on EMT qualifications and the like. Binger rambled on and on and on with Kyle up there and he hardly wavered and looked like a very respectable, reasonable kid who showed restraint and went there with the idea of helping more than playing COD like they tried to portray. At least I'd like to think so.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
An observation that Court TV has had good coverage and 3:1 pro Kyle in their ongoing analysis.

They brought up something that I forgot, cross got Kyle to admit he wasn't truthful about being an EMT in his interview. They showed that testimony again, hope that has no lasting impression on the jury.

I'm not as optimistic as I was after Tuesday, putting Kyle on the stand did not help him, imo.
View Quote

It's irrelevant to a self defense case. Judge may tell the jury what they can and cannot consider as evidence.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Judge should allow any additional charges…..that were true billed by the grand jury.
View Quote

There was no grand jury. That is why we are here. He would have been no billed by the gj if they had presented it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'll be doing another one tonight at 6:30 ET. Chris Weist may join me, not sure yet.

One day I finally get freed up to watch the trial tomorrow and they're gonna do paperwork.....

I do what I can, when I can..... I think this trial is fascinating though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmpaQc8060
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day 8 Analysis
Posted on November 11, 2021

John @LawyerUp

Some armchair legal quarterbacking following day 8 of the Kyle Rittenhouse self defense trial in Wisconsin. This is an important firearms related self defense case which illustrates the importance of attorney skill and tactics in jury trial advocacy. There’s been some surprising events so far in the trial, including the testimony of the defendant himself today. In fact, something shocking happened during Kyle’s cross examination which may itself be a constitutional violation. Join me to watch some of it and discuss…… Freedom is Scary Episode 80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g0WWr0B-Lk

I'll be doing another one tonight at 6:30 ET. Chris Weist may join me, not sure yet.

One day I finally get freed up to watch the trial tomorrow and they're gonna do paperwork.....

I do what I can, when I can..... I think this trial is fascinating though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmpaQc8060

tuning in. thanks for breaking the day's events down!
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

they are gonna get him on a weapons charge. its possible some sort of reckless endangerment also. no murder charges. thats unless the judge charges the jury in such a way as the weapons and/or the reckless endangerment are nullified somehow.

he did carry a weapon that he may not have been legally carrying. this point is not clear to me.

and taking an ar15 into a fluid group situation with rioters and innocent bystanders and then firing the weapon could be considered reckless endangerment.

btw, i think he should get off on all counts. im just looking at this from standpoint of a juror who convinces the other 11 members that no matter what his justification for shooting the 3 folks, the fact that he put himself into a situation in which other folks may have been harmed by his firearm, was reckless. i would not have voted for that no matter what, but it was 'reckless' and some jurors somewhat appalled at a 17 year old armed with a weapon of mass destruction may not be able to get past that issue.

and of course there is a lesson here. when they give a riot, do not go, unless it comes to your home or your place of business and if its your place of business, it gets sticky. you are inside, can exit out the back or front, they start burning your building, but they dont threaten or attack you, can you shoot them? i would want to, but its not my home, i can avoid the threat and there are no direct threats to me. so what can i 'get away' with. theres what you want to do and what you can and cant get away with regardless these days. especially if POCs are involved and you are in an area where POCs dominate the local political arena (atlanta being a very good example of that).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arson on an occupied building is probably a green light to use deadly force.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pedo would have walked through the spray, and ended up killing him.
View Quote

This.  He did 10+ years in prison and was no stranger to pain.  Kyle kills him or Rosenbaum takes the rifle and shoots or beats Kyle to death with it.  Pepper spray, mace, saps/blackjacks, or ax handles in a Kyle vs  Rosenbaum fight result in Kyle dead every time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope he gets acquitted, not a mistrial.  If they call a mistrial, they'll be screaming "ohmigod, this lunatic white supremacist murdered three people and got off on a technicality!!!!!"  The roar would be deafening.  Much better to have a nice, clean "not guilty" verdict.
View Quote

They'll do it either way, who cares.  

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Think about it a second.

There's Karen or Ken on the jury and they get word that someone might paint a slogan (or some such shit) on their driveway of the acquit Kyle.

OR they'll have to justify their actions to the other Karens and Kens in their neighborhood.

You call it.

We have gone to "We pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor'' to "Gee! I wont get invited to a cocktail party if I acquit this guy!".

View Quote

If personal courage was a common trait those rioters would have had to face an entire city of Kyles.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wheird

He does something at the truck, but can't tell what it is. Will upload video soon.
View Quote

That's where he swapped the depleted uranium rounds for more dangerouser FMJ rounds... I seen it on the drone video...
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought the judge would have called a mistrial when the prosecutor tried to make a big deal out of bodycam guy getting a lawyer. Not sure why that was allowed, when it’s his right.
View Quote

bodycam guy is not on trial he is a witness.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Think about it a second.

You call it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think about it a second.

You call it.

It’s difficult for me to imagine myself being that spineless. I’m not in their shoes, but still. What’s Ben’s user motto on here? “It’s not about you.” In this case, it’s about facts and justice.

ETA: Jury intimidation should be a 25-to-life charge, too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Kind of like this guy picking up the Eiffel tower is accurate?

https://www.thephotoargus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/forced-perspective.jpg

Or what about this guy standing on the swing?

https://i1.wp.com/codeknows.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Forced-Perspective-Photography.jpg

Google forced perspective and take your pick.
View Quote

I don't disagree. I saw the photos, and the video after I posted that. Quite honestly, I figured if the judge, after taking all that time to look at it, saw something pertinent. I mean it's the judge after all. Unless we aren't seeing the same video and images now, there is absolutely nothing I see that clearly shows anything at all. Zero, nothing.

So, my statement is false based upon me actually trusting a judge who seemed trustworthy. There is no way 12 jurors will agree that that picture is anything. The the hope I have now is the jurors dismiss it out of hand regardless of whatever that weasel Binger actually cries about it in his factually incorrect closing. My anger level still hasn't subsided with the judge for giving the prosecution a cheap ass win. He should have known better and I think his overall performance today was poor from the bench.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are only a couple angles of view which would clearly prove Kyle was pointing his carbine at the Zaminskis - and, to my knowledge, no such photos exist.

Were I the judge, I'd not allow any other images to be presented as demonstrating the assertion that such an event actually happened.

No way - and especially if the Zaminskis were cropped out of the image. That's total BS.
View Quote

It takes 2 views to create perspective.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Think about it a second.

You call it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think about it a second.

You call it.

So true next thing ya know the American people will elect a child sniffing Chicom globalist agent to the WH...

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It’s difficult for me to imagine myself being that spineless. I’m not in their shoes, but still. What’s Ben’s user motto on here? “It’s not about you.” In this case, it’s about facts and justice.
View Quote

Which is why the prosecution would have kept you off the jury.  

I hope I'm wrong, but given the intimidation I think the best hope is a mistrial or a hung jury.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I dont think WI has an affirmative duty to retreat law... we'd likely have heard the ADA pounding it every 5 minutes if they did.
View Quote

He did retreat, and was cornered. Shot pedo, and was headed to the cops, and attacked again. Shot sk8ter and lefty, and the mob got the message and left him alone.
They want to add additional charges based on a video supposedly showing a person pointing a gun.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"20 hrs " of Enhance.
View Quote

He was lying about that.  I saw all the signs.  I don't know if it was really 20 minutes, or 200 hours, but he was not telling the truth then.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Beyond a shadow of a doubt he is point a gun and being the aggressor

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I believe the people of Wisconsin are made of sterner stuff than some of you guys are giving credit for. We may well end with a hung jury but I think a directed verdict or mistrial with prejudice are more likely. Not guilty all counts the most likely, IMO.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDONTkEIXsk
View Quote

I don't see shit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I believe the people of Wisconsin are made of sterner stuff than some of you guys are giving credit for. We may well end with a hung jury but I think a directed verdict or mistrial with prejudice are more likely. Not guilty all counts the most likely, IMO.

View Quote

I think the guy a few posts above is right. Not guilty on murder or other serious charges. Guilty on weapons charge and maybe reckless endangerment.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'ma need some red circles.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Tell me you haven't watched the trial without telling me you haven't watched the trial.
View Quote

Considering it was a tweet from August of 2020, yes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's Avatar material right there
View Quote
If I didn't have one I would take it but I cannot give up the one I got.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There was no grand jury. That is why we are here. He would have been no billed by the gj if they had presented it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Judge should allow any additional charges..that were true billed by the grand jury.

Hell, IIRC one of the detectives testified the charges were filed before the investigation had even been completed.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe the moment in question was supposed to happen after the drone cleared the traffic light - which is exactly when the video ends.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'ma need some red circles.
View Quote
I didn't want to add pixels

Center of the video after it raises up is Kyle. He's really the only person you see moving, especially at the end
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I believe the judge was watching the original, unaltered video on the TV. Not the edited still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original video was only 1920x880.  And this was just a crop of that.  If his first words, when walking up to a 3840x2160 monitor weren't "Why is this so fucking small?" I'd have some doubts/comments about what he was looking at.
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top