Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 706
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My anger level still hasn't subsided with the judge for giving the prosecution a cheap ass win. He should have known better and I think his overall performance today was poor from the bench.
View Quote

He may already have decided to grant the mistrial with prejudice... he has another case scheduled to start monday.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
While he is 100% correct on the lawyer's ignorance, if he would have watched it a bit further, Mr. Slimeball went on to try to corner Kyle into his using FMJ ammo because he didn't want the bullet to stop inside the intended target, but to go through them, and continue to endanger others.

At least, that was my recollection from yesterday's shitshow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Comments on this? ( Colion hasn't been watching has he?)
Kyle Rittenhouse Prosecutor Says Hollow Point Bullets 'Explode' Showing Firearm Ignorance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToPNiGW4WJo
While he is 100% correct on the lawyer's ignorance, if he would have watched it a bit further, Mr. Slimeball went on to try to corner Kyle into his using FMJ ammo because he didn't want the bullet to stop inside the intended target, but to go through them, and continue to endanger others.

At least, that was my recollection from yesterday's shitshow.

You’re recollection is correct. Binger was trying to say hollow point were safer because they don’t pass through. If Kyle would have agree that he should have used hollow points, Binger would have said,” so you wanted to cause the most damage?” And then go on to “Hollow point kill, so you really wanted to kill those you shot?”

How Kyle got out of that is beyond me, but Binger will include part of this in his closing. “ he didn’t care what ammo he uses, he was irresponsible in is choice, he really only need to shoot a Rosenbum once, the rest was excessive.”
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wheird

He does something at the truck, but can't tell what it is. Will upload video soon.
View Quote

I bet he puts down a fire extinguisher.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I believe the people of Wisconsin are made of sterner stuff than some of you guys are giving credit for. We may well end with a hung jury but I think a directed verdict or mistrial with prejudice are more likely. Not guilty all counts the most likely, IMO.

View Quote

I'll take the bet on the directed verdict or mistrial.  Give you 3 to 1 as well.  No possible way the judge stops the jury from deciding.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He was lying about that.  I saw all the signs.  I don't know if it was really 20 minutes, or 200 hours, but he was not telling the truth then.
View Quote

20hrs is what his timesheet says, sooooo...
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.  He did 10+ years in prison and was no stranger to pain.  Kyle kills him or Rosenbaum takes the rifle and shoots or beats Kyle to death with it.  Pepper spray, mace, saps/blackjacks, or ax handles in a Kyle vs  Rosenbaum fight result in Kyle dead every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pedo would have walked through the spray, and ended up killing him.

This.  He did 10+ years in prison and was no stranger to pain.  Kyle kills him or Rosenbaum takes the rifle and shoots or beats Kyle to death with it.  Pepper spray, mace, saps/blackjacks, or ax handles in a Kyle vs  Rosenbaum fight result in Kyle dead every time.

Would say "and God knows what else" but Kyle was several years too old for Rosenbaum's tastes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe the moment in question was supposed to happen after the drone cleared the traffic light - which is exactly when the video ends.
View Quote
Did not know that. At that point, Kyle is already retreating away. He begins his retreat right at the end of this clip
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe the people of Wisconsin are made of sterner stuff than some of you guys are giving credit for. We may well end with a hung jury but I think a directed verdict or mistrial with prejudice are more likely. Not guilty all counts the most likely, IMO.

View Quote

i hope youre right but the chauvin trial cost the midwest a lot of credibility.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope this defense doesn't unravel because of a pixel surprise.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't want to add pixels

Center of the video after it raises up is Kyle. He's really the only person you see moving, especially at the end
View Quote

Hmm gallows humour...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'll take the bet on the directed verdict or mistrial.  Give you 3 to 1 as well.  No possible way the judge stops the jury from deciding.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep. and if the jury comes back with guilty on anything, he's not gonna set aside the verdict even if there are legit grounds to do so (and there are). he'll let an appeals court overturn a guilty verdict. damn chauvin judge did the same thing.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think the guy a few posts above is right. Not guilty on murder or other serious charges. Guilty on weapons charge and maybe reckless endangerment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the guy a few posts above is right. Not guilty on murder or other serious charges. Guilty on weapons charge and maybe reckless endangerment.

The weapons charge cannot be sustained unless the other charges are sustained as well. They were not able to charge KR with it by itself specifically because of how the law is interpreted in this case. This is the charge the judge will clarify to the jury.

If he is decided to have a valid claim to self defense, he was not in possession of a dangerous weapon and not in violation of those statutes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
With todays recording technology why do they still need that woman trying to type everything everyone says, Annoying when keeps asking them to repeat what they said.
View Quote

Because the court stenographers union says so
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There are no “additional” charges. What is involved here are “lesser included” charges.

For example, say that John Doe is charged with First Degree Murder. Through the course of the trial, the prosecution convinces the jury that John Doe did, in fact, shoot and kill his victim.  But the jury is not convinced that John Doe planned and premeditated the killing.

By law in the jurisdiction where Mr. Doe is charged, Second Degree Murder is a “lesser included” offense under First Degree Murder.  This means that the jury may return a verdict of guilty to Second Degree Murder, having found that Mr. Doe did unlawfully kill his victim.

But that really doesn’t matter in a self defense case. As the judge will certainly instruct the jury, if they find Rittenhouse acted in self defense for the top count, that applies to all lesser included charges.
View Quote

OK. I thought they were bringing additional assault charges for raising his weapon at Ziminski.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tell me you haven't watched the trial without telling me you haven't watched the trial.
View Quote

When that was posted, over a year ago, yeah...she hadn't watched the trial.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, and IMO IF he did point the gun, he needed to say that. For instance, "I heard something, turned and saw Mr. Zaminsky raising a firearm. I briefly brought my rifle up then, determined no threat then saw Pedo man running towards me".

Instead, IF the image as small as it is, shows an AR15 parallel to the ground..he's cooked IMO. Everything thereafter is no self defense.
View Quote

Would that be parallel to the ground, or pointing at an angle to the side that looks parallel on a blurry image?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks

There's a lot in play with the judge and it would not surprise me at all to see him take the case entirely into his own hands based on how the State has handled it so far
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Beyond a shadow of a doubt he is point a gun and being the aggressor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDONTkEIXsk
View Quote

Kyle at the bottom of the video?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

In a perfect world you are spot on.

However we don't know how intimidated the jury is.

Think about it a second.

There's Karen or Ken on the jury and they get word that someone might paint a slogan (or some such shit) on their driveway of the acquit Kyle.

OR they'll have to justify their actions to the other Karens and Kens in their neighborhood.

You call it.

We have gone to "We pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor'' to "Gee! I wont get invited to a cocktail party if I acquit this guy!".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to go against the doomers.

I say Kyle walks in under an hour of the jury getting the case.

In a perfect world you are spot on.

However we don't know how intimidated the jury is.

Think about it a second.

There's Karen or Ken on the jury and they get word that someone might paint a slogan (or some such shit) on their driveway of the acquit Kyle.

OR they'll have to justify their actions to the other Karens and Kens in their neighborhood.

You call it.

We have gone to "We pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor'' to "Gee! I wont get invited to a cocktail party if I acquit this guy!".

[Some men just want to watch the world burn.jpg]

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Minnesota?  Midwest?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can't see shit!
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was lying about that.  I saw all the signs.  I don't know if it was really 20 minutes, or 200 hours, but he was not telling the truth then.

The side stories of this trial are funny
Immigrant car dealerships ripping off the state of Wisconsin as well as their insurance company and who knows what else
Photo forensics cop bilking the taxpayers by billing 10x the hours he actually worked
ADA pressuring a witness to change his statement
Detectives sitting above the bar with the prosecution team
Patrol cop with 22 years in that's still on 3rd shift as a key witness for the state

Just so much has happened
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It’s difficult for me to imagine myself being that spineless. I’m not in their shoes, but still. What’s Ben’s user motto on here? “It’s not about you.” In this case, it’s about facts and justice.

ETA: Jury intimidation should be a 25-to-life charge, too.
View Quote

Jury intimidation isn't an anything charge if the authorities don't enforce the rule of law.   We're loooonnnng past that point.   Not a damn thing will happen to anyone regarding behavior towards the jury.

I hope the kid walks, and I hope the left loses their shit over it in a way that is good for us.   But in the long run courts, juries, and laws aren't going to fix jack shit; the left has no intention of sticking to any rules or involving us in a good faith attempt at a functional society.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Isn't that something the Judge decides on his own?
View Quote

At lest in my state, the defense has to move for a directed verdict (and it’s a standard motion done in every trial). The judge can’t just make notions on his own.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Would that be parallel to the ground, or pointing at an angle to the side that looks parallel on a blurry image?
View Quote

I've already posted now that the video has been seen, I have no earthly idea why the judge opened that door. None at all. There is nothing there.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That video is useless. Can’t see shit.jpeg
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Better start looking for some No-Doz to help stay awake at during the prosecution closing argument...
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

OK. I thought they were bringing additional assault charges for raising his weapon at Ziminski.
View Quote

Not an expert, but it should be telling they did not call Ziminski to testify that Kyle pointed an AR15 at him
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well, yeah, but.... let's face it....  considering what happened to him, if he hadn't had that AR with him, he'd be dead now.  Anybody disagree?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
taking an ar15 into a fluid group situation with rioters and innocent bystanders and then firing the weapon could be considered reckless endangerment.

Well, yeah, but.... let's face it....  considering what happened to him, if he hadn't had that AR with him, he'd be dead now.  Anybody disagree?

that really is an interesting question. gonna prolly make folks mad but here it goes. kyle was in a group of similarly looking folks at one of the car locations and that group enraged a bunch of rioters. there was one person in the group i think that looked similar to kyle and mabye (or maybe not) pedoboy thought it was that guy he chased down. but anyone carrying the ar15 and most likely being recognized as a member of the previous confrontation is what caught pedoboys attention and he was separated from the herd, easily recognized and pedoboy attacked thinking he could get the prison yard jump on kyle.

if kyle had not been there or maybe even been in the background and not carried the rifle, i dont think pedoboy would have recognized him and chased him down. and... all of the individuals that were attacking him were going for his rifle as the brass ring.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Post a pic of the time sheet you referenced.  Cool.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't know if it will be that quick, but I think in the end he walks on all the serious charges and they *might* get him on the under 18 possession charge.
View Quote

Does the under 18 possession charge make him a prohibited person?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No thanks

There's a lot in play with the judge and it would not surprise me at all to see him take the case entirely into his own hands based on how the State has handled it so far
View Quote

This is what I hope, but I don't think will happen. The judge seems like a very principled "by the book" kind of guy. He probably believes that the DA fucked this case up to hell and back, but I don't see him usurping the legal process by throwing out the whole case from the bench. It's also why our beloved principled supreme court justices weigh in with bullshit cop-outs like "no standing". They don't want to be responsible for singlehandedly deciding a case when in reality they absolutely are in the "right" to do so.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if it will be that quick, but I think in the end he walks on all the serious charges and they *might* get him on the under 18 possession charge.

No.  That charge is BS anyway.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There was no grand jury. That is why we are here. He would have been no billed by the gj if they had presented it.
View Quote

As a prosecutor, I would NEVER direct indict a case. Grand jury gives you a great “out” of a crappy factual scenario if they no bill. Just shows how totally political this prosecution is.

Does Wisconsin not have a Stand Your Ground Law that would have taken care of this pre-trial?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The side stories of this trial are funny
Immigrant car dealerships ripping off the state of Wisconsin as well as their insurance company and who knows what else
Photo forensics cop bilking the taxpayers by billing 10x the hours he actually worked
ADA pressuring a witness to change his statement
Detectives sitting above the bar with the prosecution team
Patrol cop with 22 years in that's still on 3rd shift as a key witness for the state

Just so much has happened
View Quote

Sure doesn’t show the better parts of my state.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That video is useless. Can't see shit.jpeg
View Quote
Yup, that's exactly the point. Claiming Kyle pointed a gun here by prosecution is BS.

After the video clears the traffic light and Kyle comes back into view, he is already in full retreat.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already mentioned he is charged as an adult. That shit will get tossed.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Why Smart Resize matters:

Bilinear, bicubic, and nearest neighbor interpolation of images in enlargements will only use the numerical values of the Hue, Saturation, and Luminance of each pixel (Color red-to-violet, "Grey-ness", Dark/Brightness).

This is normal, run of the mill, been done forever interpolation.

What the defense didn't hammer down on was when the I-know-nothing-expert mentioned Smart Resize.

I am not sure as to that exact program, but I know the photoshop and gigapixel can use deep learning or AI to enlarge images and will ADD information to the image.

See these:

In the first, the license plate which we can assume is letters and numbers looks like random geometric shapes. MAYBE even "Exit" stylized.

The second, that lady has some WEIRD Teeth.

What the Defense should have argued was this.

When enlarging an image using ANY AI or Deep learning algorithms, the computer is making a creative leap based on this AI or Deep Learning to give a FICTITIOUS version of what is being shown.

The drone image of Kyle allegedly point a "gun" at Zemeckis (or however you spell it), when enlarged in this way, is what the computer is interpreting. Not what the image actually shows, which is a BLOB.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

god, please no mistrial. they will come back and be prepared this time. and this thread will go to 1 million posts and be a pain to review.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You’re recollection is correct. Binger was trying to say hollow point were safer because they don’t pass through. If Kyle would have agree that he should have used hollow points, Binger would have said,” so you wanted to cause the most damage?” And then go on to “Hollow point kill, so you really wanted to kill those you shot?”

How Kyle got out of that is beyond me, but Binger will include part of this in his closing. “ he didn’t care what ammo he uses, he was irresponsible in is choice, he really only need to shoot a Rosenbum once, the rest was excessive.”
View Quote

Binger mentioned explosive bullets. Sounds like he was talking about destructive devices. Judge finally shut that down but the defense should have objected as soon as he started talking about boolits.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fair - Interpolation can change what is perceived, however, smart resize ABSOLUTELY can add RANDOM pixels as determined by AI and Deep Learning without mathematical consideration.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
That submitted picture is BS. I can not find a matching frame even close to that in the drone video. Kyle is not standing in a left-handed weaver stance in front of the light pole anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hell, IIRC one of the detectives testified the charges were filed before the investigation had even been completed.
View Quote

Detectives were instructed not to search lefty's phone by the da, even though they had a warrant.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

god, please no mistrial. they will come back and be prepared this time. and this thread will go to 1 million posts and be a pain to review.
View Quote

I said upthread that there are too many stupid people for there not to be at least 1 commie bastard on the jury who will hang it by refusing to acquit.

KR really needs a dismissal with prejudice.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nothing says value and dignity like burning an entire city down.
View Quote
by an assembly of known felons
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Tapes/recordings are nott optimal. Many times witnesses speak so softly as to be inaudible. They area only as good as the tech running them. People also tend to talk over each other and you wind up with wargarble.
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top