Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're conflating the two.  "Being a cop" is something one does.  Carrying creds for 50 state carry is paperwork one possesses.

As previously stated it SHOULD be that easy to get whatever creds validate one for carry under LEOSA.  You guys should be finding any reason under the sun and making it cake.

But... nope.  

Protestations of being for "constitutional carry" carry little weight when condemnations of another department's attempt to backdoor it in abound.
View Quote

That doesn’t even make sense.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If they were real officers, they'd know.  They were not.  They were scammers paying to play for their own benefit without any side benefit of labor to the community.  Each state might have it's own standard of training but those standards are similar.  Training on laws, use of force, investigation, personal interactions, those sorts of things that real cops do.  As Bama said, any one of those people could have applied as a reserve in their home state, gone through their state's police academy and gotten legitimate credentials, with the proper knowledge to use them.  They didn't do that.  They paid to be perceived as something they were not.  

I know how to brush my teeth, therefore I should be considered a dentist and call myself one whenever I see some advantage in doing so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed they weren't legal by state standards, & the town failed at certifying their officers.  That doesn't make an individual reservist a fraud or an impersonator if he was told he was a legit officer, given a badge, and met the reserve duties of the program as it was outlined to him.  At least some of the reservists did patrols in the town.

The town/police department was running an illegal scheme for cash - that in itself may be a fraud, that doesn't make all the reservists frauds or impersonators.  You have to demonstrate the individual officer knew that state laws were being violated - I certainly pay no attention to how other states certify their peace officers and I can certainly see some town figuring out some deputization scheme to raise money & gain manpower.  NM has always seemed a bit backwards to me, how did the individual officers know it wasn't legal?

If they were real officers, they'd know.  They were not.  They were scammers paying to play for their own benefit without any side benefit of labor to the community.  Each state might have it's own standard of training but those standards are similar.  Training on laws, use of force, investigation, personal interactions, those sorts of things that real cops do.  As Bama said, any one of those people could have applied as a reserve in their home state, gone through their state's police academy and gotten legitimate credentials, with the proper knowledge to use them.  They didn't do that.  They paid to be perceived as something they were not.  

I know how to brush my teeth, therefore I should be considered a dentist and call myself one whenever I see some advantage in doing so.

More like you know how to brush your teeth, therefore you are allowed to carry a toothbrush in NYS.  At least that is the most likely reason these guys bought badges.  Any trying to play cop is ridiculous of course, but most of these guys just wanted their gun rights across the nation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They were fake cops engaged in a fraud and scam.  

Again they were not even legal by NM standards.
View Quote

You keep repeating this... but you're not making the point you think you're making.

At one time with another AWB looming, you posted a thread saying you would not comply.  You should be "not complying" by helping your department find the quickest / easiest / simplest way to assist citizenry into 50 state carry under LEOSA as well.  

You should be all about loopholing the hell out of it.

But instead you're gatekeeping and being that bureaucrat i mentioned.  Because for whatever reason this is one of your sacred cows.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your resentment is misplaced.  The reason you can’t carry in California has nothing to do with LEOSA.  It is the California laws.  LEOSA could disappear tomorrow and you still can’t carry in California.

You could move to a California conservative county and apply like those that live there.  Or, you could find someone that lives there, pay them $400 for a fake lease and then apply.  It might work for a while, but it is still wrong and eventually you would get caught.  Since those ideas probably won’t work and it’s not fair you can’t carry, you could resent the people who live in conservative California counties and advocate doing away with their ability.

However, the Lake Arthur situation wasn’t about LEOSA.  It was about fraud.  I don’t know of any police officer that became a cop just so he could carry.  Many were cops well before LEOSA became law.  Cops, especially the ones in this thread, are for constitutional carry.  They just have a problem with the fake cop bullshit.  If it’s so easy to become a cop and the requirements are so low, then everyone should just go out and become a cop.  But, as you have stated, it’s not really that easy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it impersonating a police officer if an agency is willing to send you out on patrol as a working police officer?  Walking into a Wendy's and flashing your CCW badge to get the discount - that's impersonating a police officer.  Taking the offer of LEOSA creds and actually patrolling the town a few times a year, that's an agency taking a huge risk w/ undertrained cops.

I don't think the thin blue line quite understand how much the rest of us envy your LEOSA privilege, and how much you are resented for it.  I could become a reserve officer - 6 months of full time training @ my local community college, then a good bit of street work to get past my apprenticeship.  I don't have that kind of time, and that much training shouldn't be needed for me to carry a handgun in California or NY, not to mention the continuing reserve commitment.  I don't need to know how to respond to calls, kick in doors, or wrestle suspects to the ground & cuff them to understand the laws on lethal force in the state I happen to be in, and to actually shoot a mugger, rapist, burglar, carjacker, or murderer in the act.

So good on our fellow ARFCOMers for finding temporary LEOSA creds, and I hope the free states can come up w/ some limited Reservist police category that satisfies the Federal LEOSA requirements that doesn't take 3-9 months of full-time training.

Your resentment is misplaced.  The reason you can’t carry in California has nothing to do with LEOSA.  It is the California laws.  LEOSA could disappear tomorrow and you still can’t carry in California.

You could move to a California conservative county and apply like those that live there.  Or, you could find someone that lives there, pay them $400 for a fake lease and then apply.  It might work for a while, but it is still wrong and eventually you would get caught.  Since those ideas probably won’t work and it’s not fair you can’t carry, you could resent the people who live in conservative California counties and advocate doing away with their ability.

However, the Lake Arthur situation wasn’t about LEOSA.  It was about fraud.  I don’t know of any police officer that became a cop just so he could carry.  Many were cops well before LEOSA became law.  Cops, especially the ones in this thread, are for constitutional carry.  They just have a problem with the fake cop bullshit.  If it’s so easy to become a cop and the requirements are so low, then everyone should just go out and become a cop.  But, as you have stated, it’s not really that easy.

Right now there is a shortage of qualified police officers pretty much everywhere. Probably the easiest time to get hired in the last 30-years. Anyone genuinely interested in being a police officer, and not just pretending to be one for personal gain, should apply now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Where these guys flashing LEO certs and trying to get some other benefit out of their status?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it impersonating a police officer if an agency is willing to send you out on patrol as a working police officer?  Walking into a Wendy's and flashing your CCW badge to get the discount - that's impersonating a police officer.  Taking the offer of LEOSA creds and actually patrolling the town a few times a year, that's an agency taking a huge risk w/ undertrained cops.

I don't think the thin blue line quite understand how much the rest of us envy your LEOSA privilege, and how much you are resented for it.  I could become a reserve officer - 6 months of full time training @ my local community college, then a good bit of street work to get past my apprenticeship.  I don't have that kind of time, and that much training shouldn't be needed for me to carry a handgun in California or NY, not to mention the continuing reserve commitment.  I don't need to know how to respond to calls, kick in doors, or wrestle suspects to the ground & cuff them to understand the laws on lethal force in the state I happen to be in, and to actually shoot a mugger, rapist, burglar, carjacker, or murderer in the act.

So good on our fellow ARFCOMers for finding temporary LEOSA creds, and I hope the free states can come up w/ some limited Reservist police category that satisfies the Federal LEOSA requirements that doesn't take 3-9 months of full-time training.

Where these guys flashing LEO certs and trying to get some other benefit out of their status?

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Right now there is a shortage of qualified police officers pretty much everywhere. Probably the easiest time to get hired in the last 30-years. Anyone genuinely interested in being a police officer, and not just pretending to be one for personal gain, should apply now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn’t want to be cops. They just wanted 50 state gun rights, which we all should have.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You keep repeating this... but you're not making the point you think you're making.

At one time with another AWB looming, you posted a thread saying you would not comply.  You should be "not complying" by helping your department find the quickest / easiest / simplest way to assist citizenry into 50 state carry under LEOSA as well.  

But instead you're gatekeeping and being that bureaucrat i mentioned.  Because for whatever reason this is one of your sacred cows.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were fake cops engaged in a fraud and scam.  

Again they were not even legal by NM standards.

Is it okay for people to impersonate police officers in your world?

These guys were either intelligent successful grown men who knowingly entered a criminal fraud conspiracy or complete idiots easily fooled by a small time cop. which is more likely?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They didn’t want to be cops. They just wanted 50 state gun rights, which we all should have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And to provide cover for drug smuggling, to seek “professional courtesy” when they massively fuck up, to play cop on drug task forces, to drum up business for their training/consulting small businesses, to obtain contract work they know they are unqualified for…

The billionaire Koch family employed at least 13 bodyguards with Lake Arthur badges.

$$$
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And to provide cover for drug smuggling, to seek “professional courtesy” when they massively fuck up, to play cop on drug task forces, to drum up business for their training/consulting small businesses, to obtain contract work they know they are unqualified for…

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of any group of 400 guys you will find some criminals, even police departments.

This is the predicted result of LEOSA. Anyone that was paying attention knew it would be a backdoor for some to get a 50 state carry permit. I personally have no problems with cops carrying out of state in places like NYS but I also think I should have the same courtesy. I am not going to shit on those that did this.

The other criminal acts by a small minority is another matter altogether.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is like opposite land…In this thread we have:pearl clutching sacred cattle gatekeeping Petite tyranny.
hidebound-ism
View Quote

… yep. And equally opposite-clown world, everyone in this thread is believing —without question— an Anti-Trump hit piece from liberal journalisism sources.
But these posters must have the whole story without any flavoring because we all know the media is unbiased when coming after guns and Trump campaign folks. ??
Seeing posters that have zero personal knowledge of the program, people, and the area make definitive statements on the volunteers mindsets, the town’s attitude towards the program, what the officers did or didn’t do… it’s like watching instant Covid-expert soccermoms hold court on Facebook.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're conflating an action with the possession of a piece of paper.

Someone possessing a piece of paper does not pick my pocket nor break my leg.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My opposition to a future AWB doesn't have anything to do with LEOSA

Want to get LEOSA in AL? Here you go.

Our Reserve Academy is open to all reserve/auxiliary officers in the State of Alabama. The Reserve Academy consists of the 520 hour APOSTC curriculum and classes are held on weekends (usually every other Saturday and Sunday). It takes one year to complete this training and a recruit can only miss 24 hours of training.

Who Is a Qualified Law Enforcement Officer (QLEO)?
LEOSA/HR 218 applies to employees of governmental agencies who:

Are authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution of or the incarceration of any person for any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under 10 U.S. Code § 807, (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice);
Are authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;
Are not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency which could result in suspension or loss of police powers;
Meet standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;
Are not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and
Are not prohibited by federal law from receiving a firearm.
It is not enough to be a QLEO, see the photographic identification & firearms qualification section below.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/federal-ccw-law/leosa-hr-218/

A person is either qualified or not.

View Quote

Gatekeeping because this is your sacred cow.

I honestly don't know why you bother to post in these threads.  Your opinions are so well known and predictable that most of us could write your posts for you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are multiple examples of the “reserves” representing themselves as actual police officers. Did all 400 of them do so? Unknown. Did many of them do so? Absolutely
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Out of any group of 400 guys you will find some criminals, even police departments.

This is the predicted result of LEOSA. Anyone that was paying attention knew it would be a backdoor for some to get a 50 state carry permit. I personally have no problems with cops carrying out of state in places like NYS but I also think I should have the same courtesy. I am not going to shit on those that did this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone of these guys committed fraud.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I honestly don't know why you bother to post in these threads.  Your opinions are so well known and predictable that most of us could write your posts for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My opposition to a future AWB doesn't have anything to do with LEOSA

Want to get LEOSA in AL? Here you go.

Our Reserve Academy is open to all reserve/auxiliary officers in the State of Alabama. The Reserve Academy consists of the 520 hour APOSTC curriculum and classes are held on weekends (usually every other Saturday and Sunday). It takes one year to complete this training and a recruit can only miss 24 hours of training.

Who Is a Qualified Law Enforcement Officer (QLEO)?
LEOSA/HR 218 applies to employees of governmental agencies who:

Are authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution of or the incarceration of any person for any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under 10 U.S. Code § 807, (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice);
Are authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;
Are not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency which could result in suspension or loss of police powers;
Meet standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;
Are not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and
Are not prohibited by federal law from receiving a firearm.
It is not enough to be a QLEO, see the photographic identification & firearms qualification section below.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/federal-ccw-law/leosa-hr-218/

A person is either qualified or not.

I could have never predicted that you would defend those impersonating police officers, some of whom are criminals even if we ignore the fraud.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There are multiple examples of the “reserves” representing themselves as actual police officers. Did all 400 of them do so? Unknown. Did many of them do so? Absolutely
View Quote

... and there are multiple examples of Police officers (under your definition of the word) doing very bad and illegal things under color of law.

This is a red-herring argument and irrelevant to the point.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I could have never predicted that you would defend those impersonating police officers, some of whom are criminals even if we ignore the fraud.
View Quote

Straw-man.  You're conflating two different concepts, then presenting the one i'm not defending, and then knocking it over.

As soon as you quit conflating the two we can have a productive discussion.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently that’s okay if it gets you the big money contracting gig you’re unqualified for or drums up business for your training “school”
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Straw-man.  You're conflating two different concepts, then presenting the one i'm not defending, and then knocking it over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point is impersonating a police officer is illegal and morally wrong, no matter the motive of the impersonator. My opinion would be the same if they were impersonating a doctor, lawyer, veteran, ect.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My point is impersonating a police officer is illegal and morally wrong, no matter the motive of the impersonator.
View Quote

Impersonating is an action.  A verb.  Impetus.  Something one "does."   I'd agree presenting onesself as something one isn't is morally wrong.

Possessing a piece of paper is not impersonating.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our president is fraudulent.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How many of the 400 or so fake cops, went to their local LEA, got hired, and then got POST certified so they could LEOSA?
View Quote

You’re making some “aha!” argument, I guess? But who cares what anyone did afterwards? If someone quits a gig because the hours change, pay changes, terms or benefits change, etc. does that negate what they did? I’ve got a doctor buddy who stopped his medical career because new extra paperwork and liability laws changed enough to be a headache. Another quit because his hospital mandated a vaccine. In your straw man world, no matter what creds they had that alone (what they did afterwards) invalidates their valid medical work they put in prior to leaving? ??
As far as making assumptions about what all the volunteers are doing today— What benefit is there in making wild guesses about people you don’t know?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How many of the 400 or so fake cops, went to their local LEA, got hired, and then got POST certified so they could LEOSA?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

… yep. And equally opposite-clown world, everyone in this thread is believing —without question— an Anti-Trump hit piece from liberal journalisism sources.
But these posters must have the whole story without any flavoring because we all know the media is unbiased when coming after guns and Trump campaign folks. ??
Seeing posters that have zero personal knowledge of the program, people, and the area make definitive statements on the volunteers mindsets, the town’s attitude towards the program, what the officers did or didn’t do… it’s like watching instant Covid-expert soccermoms hold court on Facebook.

Hopefully none of them. any future LE endeavors would be permanently tarnished by the Lake Arthur fraud.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would like to know what percentage, if any went on to get accredited LEO status in their home states after this.

They have had plenty of time to get their POST by now, if they were really interested in public service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interestingly, looks like none of the former "officers" took legal action against the "chief".  Kind of smells like the gig was up.

I would like to know what percentage, if any went on to get accredited LEO status in their home states after this.

They have had plenty of time to get their POST by now, if they were really interested in public service.

I know none of the Jersey guy(s) did.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no way to assist every citizen in getting LEOSA carry, because there is no loophole on the civilian side (we will leave the military LE LEOSA for a different thread) for the status of being a LEO.  The training requirement to meet the standard is defined by state statute in my state and is probably defined by law, code or statute in other states.  

Those pesky certification and training records can be an officer or department heads downfall for falsifying as well.  

"PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — State Attorney Bill Eddins announced Tuesday the arrest of two former Escambia County Sheriff’s deputies for allegedly falsifying training records.

Lisa Hall and Kelly Hall, who are married, were arrested Monday and charged with forgery, uttering and official misconduct, and conspiracy to commit forgery, uttering and official misconduct.

The charges are the result of an investigation into the alleged falsification of mandatory training records pertaining to the Halls employment with the sheriff’s office from 2014 to 2019, according to a state attorney’s office media release.

Lisa Hall, the release says, falsified records for Kelly Hall, showing that he had completed required training when he had not."

https://www.wkrg.com/northwest-florida/former-escambia-county-sheriffs-deputies-accused-of-falsifying-records/

The above was for already certified officers falsifying training records.  Can you imagine if it was for an officer falsifying records to indicate that a non certified person was in fact an officer?  We actually have a computerized system for training records and it would be almost impossible to do without falsifying the completion record for the Basic Recruit Certification first.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You’re making some “aha!” argument, I guess? But who cares what anyone did afterwards? If someone quits a gig because the hours change, pay changes, terms or benefits change, etc. does that negate what they did? I’ve got a doctor buddy who stopped his medical career because new extra paperwork and liability laws changed enough to be a headache. Another quit because his hospital mandated a vaccine. In your straw man world, no matter what creds they had that alone (what they did afterwards) invalidates their valid medical work they put in prior to leaving? ??
As far as making assumptions about what all the volunteers are doing today— What benefit is there in making wild guesses about people you don’t know?
View Quote

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make with your posts.  Are you arguing the program was not a fraud?  Are you arguing the program was a fraud, but the people involved are good people and didn’t know?  The program was legit and the participants were real cops?

I’m interested in your take.  You seem to have inside information suggesting everyone that has a problem with the program is under a false assumption based on misinformation in the multiple articles published.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm sure that happens somewhere, but I doubt entirely fake reserve programs are common.  If they are then it should be easy to name one or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The politically connected getting reserve creds is not a new practice.

I'm sure that happens somewhere, but I doubt entirely fake reserve programs are common.  If they are then it should be easy to name one or two.
Happened a couple of times here in MI in the last 10 years.  Both places were barely a cross-road with a gas station.  No traffic light even.  One was less than 10 miles from where my wife grew up.  We drive through there 20 times a year at least.  Never saw a cop, in fact I had no clue they had a police force.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#38]
The sad thing is the rights of people have been so squandered by the states that people feel they have to take those measures. I’m not condoning it being done but it damn sure shouldn’t have to be either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

GD is funny. In the GA pastor got shot and killed over a decade ago thread, the guy who either did the shooting or part of it was a former LEO, who did contracting in the sandbox, came back, got rehired but did not complete the necessary training hours for re-cert, GD lost it's shit.

Here we have guys wanting to give these folks a pass for a "loophole" that does not exist.

I had to get re-certified a decade ago because I let my POST lapse. It's a thing, you either have it or you don't.
View Quote

I just did the same thing a few weeks ago because of the time that has lapsed since my last date of service.

Lemme tell you, it was eye-opening to see how much I retained after six years away, taking 19 chapter tests in one weekend before the state exam the following Monday. Still not sure how in the hell I scored a 182/190 with almost no studying except taking those practice tests... LOL
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Apparently that’s okay if it gets you the big money contracting gig you’re unqualified for or drums up business for your training “school”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still wrong.  I wish they were prosecuted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how many did New Mexico prosecute? Any? Why not?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops don't get prosecuted....they resign
They even quit like real cops caught up in shit! LOL Don't get too caught up in the sarcasm
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There is no way to assist every citizen in getting LEOSA carry, because there is no loophole on the civilian side (we will leave the military LE LEOSA for a different thread) for the status of being a LEO.  The training requirement to meet the standard is defined by state statute in my state and is probably defined by law, code or statute in other states.  

Those pesky certification and training records can be an officer or department heads downfall for falsifying as well.  

"PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — State Attorney Bill Eddins announced Tuesday the arrest of two former Escambia County Sheriff’s deputies for allegedly falsifying training records.

Lisa Hall and Kelly Hall, who are married, were arrested Monday and charged with forgery, uttering and official misconduct, and conspiracy to commit forgery, uttering and official misconduct.

The charges are the result of an investigation into the alleged falsification of mandatory training records pertaining to the Halls employment with the sheriff’s office from 2014 to 2019, according to a state attorney’s office media release.

Lisa Hall, the release says, falsified records for Kelly Hall, showing that he had completed required training when he had not."

https://www.wkrg.com/northwest-florida/former-escambia-county-sheriffs-deputies-accused-of-falsifying-records/

The above was for already certified officers falsifying training records.  Can you imagine if it was for an officer falsifying records to indicate that a non certified person was in fact an officer?  We actually have a computerized system for training records and it would be almost impossible to do without falsifying the completion record for the Basic Recruit Certification first.
View Quote

In prior threads you've states as to not perceiving a difference between law, policy, morality, and ethics.  To you they are all one and the same.

To you, the law is the law and there is no greater ethical / moral framework.

I grant to you  that in your perception, these issues are linked.  You cannot see the one without the other.

So yea, every freedom loving LE department in the country should be pencil whipping the heck out of LEOSA prereqs, doing everything in their power by acting on behalf of the citizenry to balance out a gross overstep of Fed and state governments.  Either you support the citizenry in finding their way into 'fuck you' territory to fed and other state gov issues.  Or not.  From all your (and others) posts here, you do not.  In your case, it appears as if you do not perceive a difference between what is 'right' and what is 'law.'

There can be no agreement.

What you'll need to consider in the future is just how far "the law is the law" goes.  Nothing new about that argument.  It's the same one people have been having since the beginning of time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect NM didn’t want to spotlight corruption in their state involving wealthy business owners, celebrities, politically connected persons and veterans. Can you imagine the media circus of prosecuting Royce Gracie, Dan Bilzarian and Marcus Lutrell as co-defendants!?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I suspect NM didn’t want to spotlight corruption in their state involving wealthy business owners, celebrities, politically connected persons and veterans. Can you imagine the media circus of prosecuting Royce Gracie, Dan Bilzarian and Marcus Lutrell as co-defendants!?
View Quote

I wonder how many of the prior guys applied to come back when the reformed a police department.

Attachment Attached File

The new chief wasn't on the old roster.  100 some guys on the old one, no one came back?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The prerequisites have already been listed here, other than annual qual with the gun you're going to carry. There is not really any pencil whipping possible in 2022.
View Quote

But, why do you hate freedom?

I mean you wouldn't just sign off on something for strangers who could do something with it and you would have to answer for it, criminally or maybe even civilly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The prerequisites have already been listed here, other than annual qual with the gun you're going to carry. There is not really any pencil whipping possible in 2022.
View Quote

In Texas, they like to occasionally make a harsh example of a department that is pencil whipping its reporting on mandatory training.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

But, why do you hate freedom?

I mean you wouldn't just sign off on something for strangers who could do something with it and you would have to answer for it, criminally or maybe even civilly.
View Quote

You mean, would I, having been placed / voted / earned a position of power able to use clever ways to push back against overstepping of authority of other departments, elsewhere, particularly in a matter of Constitutional overreach, the rights of people, and the authority of states in regards of their people and the Federal government; And most particularly to use their own laws against them to effect that pushback while concurrently and pointedly highlighting inherent hypocrisies in the system or law?

Abso-fucking-lutely.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

In Texas, they like to occasionally make a harsh example of a department that is pencil whipping its reporting on mandatory training.

View Quote

As they should, anywhere and anytime a department is contracted to apply police powers upon the citizenry / residents, and employs officers to do so.  Particularly as a profession.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top