Quoted:

Fixt
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need to start killing Iranians. In Iran wherever they are.    

Fixt
Come on over and give it your best shot. :-)
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
"The #Biden admin is crafting plans for a sustained military campaign targeting the #Houthis in #Yemen... they don’t expect that the operation will stretch on for years like previous US wars in #Iraq, #Afghanistan... [but] they can identify no end date."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/01/20/us-military-yemen-houthis/
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I bet javaman and Draco was a pain in the ass for you that year
View Quote

I liked watching their live feeds on the red side. ??
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"The #Biden admin is crafting plans for a sustained military campaign targeting the #Houthis in #Yemen... they don’t expect that the operation will stretch on for years like previous US wars in #Iraq, #Afghanistan... [but] they can identify no end date."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/01/20/us-military-yemen-houthis/
View Quote

This Houthi crap serves multiple purposes. It allows The Pants shitter in Chief to look tough to buoy his re-election campaign. In all likelihood the Houthis are proxies for the Chicoms / Russia through the Iranians to keep us distracted in the Middle East while the commies make a move on Taiwan because of the new Taiwanese President while Putin doesn't some diabolical shit in Ukraine like chemical warfare.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Am I early or late for a WWWIII jack?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FPNI only it should have started in 1979.
View Quote

So much this.
If we don’t puss out, should be a long weekend…
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah , you’re welcome . 2018-19 was epic . Every asset was Winchester after 20 minutes checking into the ROZ
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hell yeah , you’re welcome . 2018-19 was epic . Every asset was Winchester after 20 minutes checking into the ROZ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s exactly when I was watching. Thank you for the entertainment ??
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
So weekend at Bernie's is so weak they kicked off ww3 by attacking Israel because they knew we would t do shit.   Now they are going ape shit on the west.   Iran knows if we f them up that China will step in, Russia probably too just for good measure.  

It's a game of chess, not candy land.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So weekend at Bernie's is so weak they kicked off ww3 by attacking Israel because they knew we would t do shit.   Now they are going ape shit on the west.   Iran knows if we f them up that China will step in, Russia probably too just for good measure.  

It's a game of chess, not candy land.
View Quote

Can either one of them get there in 8 hours or less?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nope, that woulda been the guy before me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was the last O-6 commander of AAAB before we reduced the structure there in 2021.

When I arrived at the start of my tour, I was utterly appalled at the "go through the motions" force protection that was in place.  Crumbling bunkers, or no bunkers at all.  No hardening of facilities, wide open exterior windows to interior rooms, etc.  Defensive systems oriented incorrectly, or with gaps in coverage over billeting, dining, or operations areas.  You name the problem, I could find an example of it.  Years of complacency and/or laziness had turned it into a forward Iraqi version of our various Kuwait bases.

I spent 90% of my resources and wasta on force protection, rebuilding all that to the tune of thousands of truckloads of Class IV and delays to the new GreenBeans Coffee and mini PX while we rebuilt force pro assets instead.  It pissed a lot of people off, to the tune of a "ya know, we don't need a colonel forward and can run this base with a lieutenant colonel who takes his instructions from the HQ in the rear" shift partway through my tour.  I got done what I thought needed to be done, got reassigned, and retired in frustration shortly thereafter.

I hope most of what I did is still there, and if so it likely saved some American lives again.  I'm ok with that as a last tour accomplishment even though I left theater with almost no friends or supporters in my higher HQ.

Were you the base commander that was trying to kick the unvaxxed contractors out before the final word from DoD?

Nope, that woulda been the guy before me...

That's good to know.  Wish I could have seen the fruits of your labor.  There was a huge mindset shift from the time we reopened the base in 2015ish when the price of admission to the DFAC was filling sandbags each time you went- to 2020 when the focus was covid protocols.  At one point I believe they had pulled the C-RAMs as well as Patriots and we were still taking IDF.  Really, I felt I saw a cultural mindset shift in the whole military from the time I started contracting in 2007 until I got the boot for being unvaxxed in early 2022.
I'm back in that neck of the woods as I type.  I have zero confidence in this administration handling this in a competent manner.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I spent 2008 on Al Asad running convoy security missions from Al Quaim to Baghdad and everywhere in between. Wild setting for a base.

AIRBORNE!!!!!
View Quote

So did I. Team was Piledriver. Who were you with, Avalanche?

@RCRTR
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

JM 2009- 2022
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

JM 2009- 2022
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JM 2009- 2022

Thank you Brother
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We need to start killing Iranians. In Iran
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#16]
The solution to problems like this is always the same under Democrat presidents - large palletts of cash.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thank you Brother
View Quote

That's kind of you, thank you for what you did there.  I was glad to have an opportunity to do my part.  I loved supporting the fine folks on the ground and helping kick those ISIS assholes out of Mosul, Raqqa and all the way down the MERV.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_1740_jpeg-3101273.JPG
View Quote

"Buh buh all the patriots are in Ukraine! There are no patriots there! We don't have any left! And why are we in Iraq?! Oh yeah oil".. = GD smoothbrains

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can we not at least put some Patriot batteries around these bases?  How hard would that be?
View Quote

Not as hard as reading, apparently.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

"Buh buh all the patriots are in Ukraine! There are no patriots there! We don't have any left! And why are we in Iraq?! Oh yeah oil".. = GD smoothbrains

View Quote

There isn’t enough now to cover American soldiers that are deployed in harms way. This base didn’t have enough launchers to intercept all the incomings.

Now go away troll.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Funny thing is, this exact thing happened under Trump to both Erbil and Al Asad a full year before he left office after we roasted their IRGC leader. We did nothing in response, despite multiple US service members receiving TBIs and being medically separated as a result.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I swear to God, if one of you window licking mouth breathers says "this would never happen under Trump", we're dragging you out back and beating you with a hose.

The truth hurts.

Funny thing is, this exact thing happened under Trump to both Erbil and Al Asad a full year before he left office after we roasted their IRGC leader. We did nothing in response, despite multiple US service members receiving TBIs and being medically separated as a result.

We took a calculated risk in killing their top general and the DoD likely deemed it worthwhile, accepting a likely revenge strike from Iran.

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:12:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need to stop sponsoring and aiding and abetting them first!
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:15:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There isn’t enough now to cover American soldiers that are deployed in harms way. This base didn’t have enough launchers to intercept all the incomings.

Now go away troll.
View Quote

If there's not enough of them, then it sure as hell isn't because of Ukraine. The United States has sent Ukraine, what, one whole battery? If that one battery has weakened our protective posture so severely, then that means we never had enough Patriot systems to start with.

And here's another hint: No country in the west currently has enough of most things necessary to prosecute a real war because nobody in the west takes such things seriously anymore. They merely go through the motions just for the appearance of doing something.

There isn't a country in the west right now that wouldn't run winchester on many weapons after a week of sustained high intensity warfare. We have become a joke.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t talk about it, be about it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It was one of the first posts in the thread, it also mentioned how the called ahead to warn us.

View Quote

Source? I don't recall ever reading about the calling ahead part back then and in the aftermath. I've only seen that claim recently in posts here trying to excuse it happening under Trump but without any references, it is just referred to matter-of-factly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:37:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Cope from Trump supporters that DONT want to believe Trump bitched out multiple times on protecting US servicemen overseas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was no warning from Iran. I'm not sure where that disinformation started but they were absolutely trying to kill our people.  When the base commander returned, they expected to find the personnel they left behind to have been killed.

Cope from Trump supporters that DONT want to believe Trump bitched out multiple times on protecting US servicemen overseas.

That's what I figured. Claims from that crowd can't be taken at face value these days.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Source? I don't recall ever reading about the calling ahead part back then and in the aftermath. I've only seen that claim recently in posts here trying to excuse it happening under Trump but without any references, it is just referred to matter-of-factly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was one of the first posts in the thread, it also mentioned how the called ahead to warn us.

They didn't call the US, they called the Iraqi government and in turn the Iraqi government called and notified the US
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now go away troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now go away troll.

If you think we don't have any patriot batterys  left that could be added to what is in Iraq you should take a break from posting. Your making yourself look foolish.

Lol, that one whole patriot battery we gave Ukraine makes you think we don't have enough?

Go away hurtfeelz
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:41:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you would bother reading instead of trolling for reaction you would have noticed that there weren’t enough batteries to keep up with the number of missiles. Our deployed troops should have priority over Ukraine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:44:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been claimed dozens of times. Remember it doesn’t have to be a direct phone call either.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It has been claimed dozens of times. Remember it doesn’t have to be a direct phone call either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was there and was among those evacuated that night.  It was crazy.  There were a lot of people that had to be moved quickly and it happened well.  If I recall correctly the last group arrived and we had maybe an hour before we got word that Al Asad had in fact been hit.

It was good too, we had our quarters close to the flight line and there was damage to my CHU.  One of the tent hangars hit was usually occupied.  If it hadn't been for that evacuation Americans would have died that night.  I heard word came through diplomatic third party channels, don't care to remember any more than that.  I always assumed (THIS PART IS MY OPINION) that some Iranian General knew what was coming down if the attack went as planned and got word out that gave us time.

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was there and was among those evacuated that night.  It was crazy.  There were a lot of people that had to be moved quickly and it happened well.  If I recall correctly the last group arrived and we had maybe an hour before we got word that Al Asad had in fact been hit.

It was good too, we had our quarters close to the flight line and there was damage to my CHU.  One of the tent hangars hit was usually occupied.  If it hadn't been for that evacuation Americans would have died that night.  I heard word came through diplomatic third party channels, don't care to remember any more than that.  I always assumed (THIS PART IS MY OPINION) that some Iranian General knew what was coming down if the attack went as planned and got word out that gave us time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, thanks for sharing that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you would bother reading instead of trolling for reaction you would have noticed that there weren’t enough batteries to keep up with the number of missiles. Our deployed troops should have priority over Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The delivery of the one battery to Ukraine has nothing to do with the decision to only have the one in Iraq, if our weak leaders wanted more there, there could be more there. That's what I said.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

JM 2009- 2022
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JM 2009- 2022

Same here.

Missed living up the hill and Duby having a meltdown on everything.

RIP Dustin Harrison and Bruce Triplett
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I swear to God, if one of you window licking mouth breathers says "this would never happen under Trump", we're dragging you out back and beating you with a hose.
View Quote

This would never happen under Trump!
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#37]
U.S. Central Command
@CENTCOM
Iranian-backed Militants Attack Al-Assad Airbase, Iraq

At approximately 6:30 p.m. (Baghdad time) time Jan. 20, multiple ballistic missiles and rockets were launched by Iranian-backed militants in Western Iraq targeting al-Assad Airbase. Most of the missiles were intercepted by the base’s air defense systems while others impacted on the base. Damage assessments are ongoing. A number of U.S. personnel are undergoing evaluation for traumatic brain injuries. At least one Iraqi service member was wounded.
View Quote

Another thing to keep in mind is AAAB is HUGE.  There are LOTS of places where a significant warhead could impact and do nothing other than make little rocks out of big ones.  To conserve defensive capacity, impacts that are modeled to have low risk of consequences are usually not intercepted.  

Since the only injuries reported are troops being evaluated for TBI, that likely plays into this.

These were taken well inside AAAB in 2021:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_1741_jpeg-3101274.JPG
View Quote
Can we just turn Iran to glass and get it over with?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

and fucking dumbass Biden removed them from designated list of terrorist when he came in to office.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#40]
60 minutes did a decent overview of the attack in 2021. Of course they found the dumbest, whiniest and fattest Major in the US Army to interview. Most of the meat is after 6 min. The CENTCOM commander describes how our Intel not only saw the attack coming, but had detailed enough information to allow us to do move people at the last minute, so Iran wouldn't adjust the attack. So yes, the Iraqis warned us, but we already knew.

Inside the Iranian missile attack (2021) | 60 Minutes Archive

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
60 minutes did a decent overview of the attack in 2021. Of course they found the dumbest, whiniest and fattest Major in the US Army to interview. Most of the meat is after 6 min. The CENTCOM commander describes how our Intel not only saw the attack coming, but had detailed enough information to allow us to do move people at the last minute, so Iran wouldn't adjust the attack. So yes, the Iraqis warned us, but we already knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNvI5vJ0Y0
View Quote

Brought to you by JM . The baller that filmed that was a kick ass CCT
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
France denied overflight permission for that raid, doubling the flight time required.  Unfortunately the over tired aviators accidentally damaged the French embassy in Libya with a "near miss"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys remember that time when Reagan sent eighteen F111's to bomb the buildings Gaddaffi was suspected to be in and killed his daughter following a us service member being killed by individuals with ties to libya?

If Reagan was in office planes would be in route to drop bombs on the ayatollahs personal residence.
France denied overflight permission for that raid, doubling the flight time required.  Unfortunately the over tired aviators accidentally damaged the French embassy in Libya with a "near miss"

I'm sure Reagan was mortified with that "near miss"  
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kerman, Soleimani's home town/province.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#47]
It's 1:30am I guess we will find out soon enough if the response is tonight.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's 1:30am I guess we will find out soon enough if the response is tonight.
View Quote

they drop pallets of cash off that late?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love hearing good news.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm just wondering why Saudi Arabia isn't policing their peninsula.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top