Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can either one of them get there in 8 hours or less?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So weekend at Bernie's is so weak they kicked off ww3 by attacking Israel because they knew we would t do shit.   Now they are going ape shit on the west.   Iran knows if we f them up that China will step in, Russia probably too just for good measure.  

It's a game of chess, not candy land.

Can either one of them get there in 8 hours or less?

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GES1QqRXQAAhi0w?format=jpg&name=medium

Pentagon deputy press secretary Thursday:“We don’t seek war. We don’t think that we are at war.”
View Quote

Who is that said "You may not want war, but unfortunately your enemy has a say in the matter".
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm just wondering why Saudi Arabia isn't policing their peninsula.
View Quote

Joe Biden and the Obama JV team told Saudi they wanted to fuck around... We are now at the finding out phase of that shit policy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought they tried and got spanked by the rebels. I could have a bad memory in that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What air defense doing?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What if hear me out we left Iraq and the entire Middle East alone, minded our business around the world and worried about America for a little while?

View Quote

Can we do that after nuking them so severely that they are afraid to say "America" out loud, and 10 generations from now they tell their children "if you don't behave, the Americans will get you?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And 70 Canadians without receiving any real repercussions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and right after that they murdered a bunch of their own citizens. lol

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and right after that they murdered a bunch of their own citizens. lol

And Trudeau met up with the Iranian leaders not too longer after that and shook their hands like nothing happened. The whole incident of 70 Iranian Canadians killed faded away to nothing.
I suspect its because most Iranian Canadians are against the regime and it was good riddance to trouble makers. Also Trudeaus brother is an ally of the Iranian govt.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought they tried and got spanked by the rebels. I could have a bad memory in that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but we pressured the Saudis to use "restraint" in their attacks.  Unlike the Israelis, the Saudis listened and we are where we are.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Every president after Ford has been Iran's bitch.

Reagan should have destroyed them after Beirut.
View Quote

They released the hostages immediately after Reagan was sworn in.  I wouldn't call that being Iran's bitch.  They knew it was fuck around and find out time if they didn't.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They released the hostages immediately after Reagan was sworn in.  I wouldn't call that being Iran's bitch.  They knew it was fuck around and find out time if they didn't.
View Quote

Iran didn't have the power they do today.  The deep state didn't have the power over our politicians that the current DS has over the government today.  Corruption and anti Americanism throughout our government seems significantly worse today than it was back in 1980.  We are in new uncharted territory IMO.
Can we kick Iran's ass today?  Yes.  Can they make us pay for it?  Probably.  Will we do what it takes to solve the problem?  I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
You remember correctly.  I guess they're just quitters.  

Also, the Houthis are rebels, right?  Why isn't Yemen fighting them too?  If you look at the map Yemen is divided up three ways.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a shame that no Pakistani soldiers were working at the American base during the attack. -That country doesn't seem to have a problem bombing Iran in retaliation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, some people in GD got what they wanted... Trump out of office
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I swear to God, if one of you window licking mouth breathers says "this would never happen under Trump", we're dragging you out back and beating you with a hose.
View Quote

Oh bless my stars and garters, I am just so frightened...

But it would not have.   One of the reasons that Trump took out Soleimani because Iran had hit US air bases with missiles.  Iran made a weak attempt at a counter attack in which their missiles were significantly off target, probably because they knew that Trump had cruise missiles ready to go into Iran.

Obama and Biden are both Iran toadies who have provided tens of billions to fund Iranian terrorist ops and who are not that concerned with anything happening to our military, totally unlike Trump.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why are we in Iraq? Well besides oil?
View Quote

Do some Googling.  How much oil does the US get from Iraq?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Biden will hide it.
View Quote

He's been really busy trying to find out who's been taking a dump in his pants.

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"At approximately 6:30 p.m. (Baghdad time) time Jan. 20, multiple ballistic missiles and rockets were launched by Iranian-backed militants in Western Iraq targeting al-Assad Airbase. Most of the missiles were intercepted by the base’s air defense systems while others impacted on the base. Damage assessments are ongoing. A number of U.S. personnel are undergoing evaluation for traumatic brain injuries. At least one Iraqi service member was wounded."

View Quote

Just noticed that the CENTCOM tweet says the missiles were launched from western Iraq.  If that is accurate (they might have been referring to AAAB being in Western Iraq), it is very interesting.  Iran is to the East of AAAB, so it is likely that the majority of the air defenses would have been oriented in that direction, and the Patriot radar in particular only covers a limited arc.  If Iran is able to drive their ballistic missiles all over the middle east and launch off axis attacks from any number of locations, that makes defending against said attacks far more difficult.  Israel in particular should be paying close attention to this as missiles to the west of AAAB would have also been in a prime location to attack them from.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What if…hear me out…we left Iraq and the entire Middle East alone, minded our business around the world and worried about America for a little while?

View Quote

That would make too much sense.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

this post sounds dumb as hell.

Trump assassinated one of the highest officials in Iran. i'm sure if it wasn't for Dem pussy asses back then Trump would have further pushed Iran's shit in.

i mean they got so fucking scared of Trump retaliating for that rocket barrage they shot their own commercial jet down. lol
View Quote

That sounds dumb as hell too, because maybe, he attacked our embassy first.

ETA

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4844486/president-trump-soleimani-plotting-attack-us-embassy-baghdad
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#23]
wrong spot

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#24]
So we still haven't responded to this latest attack yet?

Is xiden going to whisper "Don't,just don't" again into the mic?  Maybe iran didn't hear him last time? Maybe he needs to try yelling it
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So we still haven't responded to this latest attack yet?

Is xiden going to whisper "Don't,just don't" again into the mic?  Maybe iran didn't hear him last time? Maybe he needs to try yelling it
View Quote

Syrians are saying we attacked a truck at a border crossing.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Video of Patriot firing.  Looks like a lot of the intercepts were at very close range which might point to the attack coming in off axis from the direction the radar was oriented.

https://www.reddit.com/r/war/comments/19c8n19/alassad_airbase_in_iraq_attacked_with_ballistic/
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Video of Patriot firing.  Looks like a lot of the intercepts were at very close range which might point to the attack coming in off axis from the direction the radar was oriented.

https://www.reddit.com/r/war/comments/19c8n19/alassad_airbase_in_iraq_attacked_with_ballistic/
View Quote

Looks like they were targeting the Patriot itself based on the interception impacts and location of the launches.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Are we gonna fuckin Rock The Casbah or not?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not enough time.  It's three days before the weekend.  Biden has to get ready to go back to Delaware for the weekend.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe?

Maybe not?

Probably not if the attack only caused a couple of minor concussions. Shit we have high school football games that cause more harm than Iran's attack did.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#33]

U.S. Forces Strike Kataib Hezbollah Capabilities in Iraq
In response to attacks by the Iranian-backed militia group Kataib Hezbollah (KH), including the attack on al-Asad Airbase in western Iraq on Jan. 20, on Jan. 24 at 12:15 a.m., U.S. CENTCOM forces conducted unilateral airstrikes against three facilities used by Iranian-backed Kataib Hezbollah militia group and other Iran-affiliated groups in Iraq. These strikes targeted KH headquarters, storage, and training locations for rocket, missile, and one-way attack UAV capabilities.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

U.S. Forces Strike Kataib Hezbollah Capabilities in Iraq
In response to attacks by the Iranian-backed militia group Kataib Hezbollah (KH), including the attack on al-Asad Airbase in western Iraq on Jan. 20, on Jan. 24 at 12:15 a.m., U.S. CENTCOM forces conducted unilateral airstrikes against three facilities used by Iranian-backed Kataib Hezbollah militia group and other Iran-affiliated groups in Iraq. These strikes targeted KH headquarters, storage, and training locations for rocket, missile, and one-way attack UAV capabilities.
View Quote
"Capabilities", "facilities".  So we called ahead to make sure no personnel were harmed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Or did the Reagan campaign make a deal with the Iranians
to not release the hostages in order to help Reagan defeat
Carter? In exchange for providing them weapons later for
use in their war with Iraq?  

I liked Reagan. Voted for Reagan. Served in the Navy under Reagan.
But now looking back, I have to question what the whole Ollie North
Iran-Contra scandal was really all about.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every president after Ford has been Iran's bitch.

Reagan should have destroyed them after Beirut.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Right after he finishes another round of transition surgery.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I wonder what this is or isn't about? Maybe nothing related but we'll see.

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm hoping the plan is to withdraw from vulnerable locations in preparation for massive strikes on Iran that will eliminate their ability to build weapons more complex than a sharp stick, but the real plan is probably to withdraw permanently and hand control of the entire region to Iran.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So did I. Team was Piledriver. Who were you with, Avalanche?

@RCRTR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spent 2008 on Al Asad running convoy security missions from Al Quaim to Baghdad and everywhere in between. Wild setting for a base.

AIRBORNE!!!!!

So did I. Team was Piledriver. Who were you with, Avalanche?

@RCRTR

Brother, I don't recall.
C Co 1-152 Cav
I was Ops NCOIC.
Our Brigade lost 4 Troops during the deployment. My company lost 1.

AIRBORNE!!!!!

@wingnutz
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suppose we'll just leave all our stuff, tuck our tails and vacate?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol holy shit send a few drones at us and we run away.

I bet the Russians and Chinese are taking notes
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I suppose we'll just leave all our stuff, tuck our tails and vacate?
View Quote

don't forget Biden will probably drone an Ally and bunch of neighborhood kids while we are getting are asses kicked right out of Iraq.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#50]
NVM
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top