Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Now ask yourself how many hunters are prior military......And also keep up on the marksmanship skills and have more than one box of ammo.

<<<<<<<

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, and there are 10,000 military from all branches retiring each and every day.
These will be be the new civilians.

“What good is it for citizens to have guns when the government has tanks?”
by Bob Owens

In the event of an American insurgency, it wouldn’t be a straight-up fight of partisans with rifles fighting against regime tanks, helicopters, and drones.

It would be a war where “killing” a fighter jet occurs by assassinating aircraft mechanics, or burning the homes of employees of the companies that make crucial replacement parts. It would be a war where every elected official, government employee, and skilled worker in the supply chain would be a target, every day of their lives.

In short, it would be a nasty, brutish conflict full of atrocities with no battle lines, no rear areas, no retreat, and little chance for government forces to survive over the long term.

As long as the American public outguns the military—and they do by more than 90 million firearms—no sane government would dare turn on the American people. That is the reason it is so important for the citizenry to jealously guard their Second Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
** = Active Frontline Personnel

Guess all of the support personnel are irrelevant and the hunters don't need doctors, equipment, logistics, transportation, etc.

A hunter isn't part of an Army.  He's an individual who harvests food.  Personnel of nothing but his/her own life.
View Quote

You don't think doctors,ems ect.. hunt? and do you even battlefield pickup?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
counting the number of hunters in the us hardly comes close to accounting for the armed citizens in the us.

that number is probably closer to 100,000,000 with enough guns to arm every other american if we wanted to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The weapons which would be employed in a war on American soil haven't been invented yet.
View Quote

We've had plenty of wars on American soil, especially the war where America fought Bizzaro America.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hate on the hunter ! Sad day

Nothing like gun owners tearing into gun owners can't we all just get along.
View Quote
How'd that sporting purposes clause from the 68 GCA, and AWB in 94 and treat you?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Same old stupid "everyone is too fat and stupid to fight" blah blah shit.

I guess all police, firefighters, construction workers, factory workers, athletes, hunters, etc, use hover rounds to do their daily tasks.

I guess "Air support" will go around bombing suburban neighborhoods that has homes every 100ft, and bombing bridges, and factories, and so on in the hopes of taking out the 10% that might fight who happens to be blended in with "neutral" people.

I guess all fighters will gather at one spot to be an easy target.

Reality. How do you stop the fat out of shape untrained normal person from shooting at aircraft while they sit on the tarmac with his bolt action rifle?
How do you stop him from car bombing the local water treatment plant?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Same about as they had on Red Dawn and back during the Revolution.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so tell me about all the military training the US hunters have had.

Same about as they had on Red Dawn and back during the Revolution.

Red Dawn was a movie

And many that fought in the revolution were former british regulars
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I just don't have a problem with the op stats...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess all of the support personnel are irrelevant and the hunters don't need doctors, equipment, logistics, transportation, etc.

A hunter isn't part of an Army.  He's an individual who harvests food.  Personnel of nothing but his/her own life.

Like I said, personnel of their own lives.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I guess all police, firefighters, construction workers, factory workers, athletes, hunters, etc, use hover rounds to do their daily tasks.

I guess "Air support" will go around bombing suburban neighborhoods that has homes every 100ft, and bombing bridges, and factories, and so on in the hopes of taking out the 10% that might fight who happens to be blended in with "neutral" people.

Reality. How do you stop the fat out of shape untrained normal person from shooting at aircraft while they sit on the tarmac with his bolt action rifle?

View Quote
Most of them are too stupid and not skilled enough to really get anything done.

The people who ARE, are smart enough to know better, because they know dumb ass shit like that will bring EVERYONE down on them like stink on shit.

LOL, Only plane some seasonal hunter is going to be able to hit is little planes and the local strip...  because big boy airplanes are farther than 150 yards from the fence... which means their fixed 100 yard zero won't hit shit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought you were going to say the DUTCH.

Those are some tall guys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.
It's about chemists, engineers, inventors, and hard working free individuals that would fucking destroy an invading army and steal their shit and then use it against them.

The guerilla resistance in the US would dwarf a'stan, Iraq, Ukraine, etc
View Quote

Word
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

many of which are doctors, truck drivers, etc. - what's your point?  if it comes down to fighting for our homes and country, we'd fight.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Unless that foreign army can teleport itself here, it's a non issue.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.
It's about chemists, engineers, inventors, and hard working free individuals that would fucking destroy an invading army and steal their shit and then use it against them.

View Quote

This. ^^^
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

those numbers represent the entire military force.at leas the U.S. Military can not speak t the other countries
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#20]
you know, I only had to give up my ta-50 when I got out, the training went with me
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think it was THR-Thumper who put it best.  He said something like:

Why would you even mass to fight.  Go to work.  Pay your bills.  Be a good little serf.  Fire one shot a week.  Or a month.  Don't form squads.  Don't

form armies.  Go to work.  Fire one shot.  One guy here in Montgomery today.  A guy in Birmingham in two weeks.  Another dude in Nashville a day

after that.  So one and so forth.  If you mass against the U.S. military you WILL die.  So don't do it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.

View Quote

THIS.

And if needed all us fat, old guys who can't run 50 feet can still mount die in place rear guard actions so the young guys can perform tactical withdrawals.  Besides, being old guys we have all the large gun and ammo collections that the young guys would need for logistical support.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The people who ARE, are smart enough to know better, because they know dumb ass shit like that will bring EVERYONE down on them like stink on shit.

LOL, Only plane some seasonal hunter is going to be able to hit is little planes and the local strip...  because big boy airplanes are farther than 150 yards from the fence... which means their fixed 100 yard zero won't hit shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the game I've shot here in the west has been farther than 100 yards. Most of my hunting riffles are set up assuming a point blank range of 290 yards. Besides only a fool would attack an airbase directly.

Take out a couple of pipelines at the right locations, and a few tank farms, and those jets are done flying after a few sorties. Domestic fuel and oil supplies are interesting and involve transporting the fuel to the bases.
done properly, you would never even need to see the airfield.  drop a few overpasses and any fuel trucked in has a bad day. shoot the tanker trucks en route. there's only so many ways they can travel.

Airlift the fuel? cool, that makes the logistical costs ever higher.

Our infrastructure, or lack thereof makes some of this far easier than it should be.

but it will never come to this and everyone knows it. it's an interesting mental exercise, but nothing more. If it ever got to the point where we are in a civil war, the military would be split. It would also mean we as a nation fucked up so bad it is unthinkable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This. ^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.

This. ^^^

I am a child of the Poor mans James bond. anarchist cookbook, Paladin press and Desert publications....before the internet book of the month club
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#25]
that is the dumbest thing I've seen since lunch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Most of the game I've shot here in the west has been farther than 100 yards. Most of my hunting riffles are set up assuming a point blank range of 290 yards. Besides only a fool would attack an airbase directly.

(snip for thumping of chest)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

News flash.

If you're posting on here, you're not an "average hunter" by ANY stretch of the imagination.  Anyone posting on here is an ultra minority of gun owners and is about the farthest thing from a representative sample as can be.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, they also lack artillery and airpower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
News flash.    

If you're posting on here, you're not an "average hunter" by ANY stretch of the imagination.  Anyone posting on here is an ultra minority of gun owners and is about the farthest thing from a representative sample as can be.
View Quote

Bingo.

Go to your local public range the two weeks before deer season opens.

THAT is your average hunter.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

many of which are doctors, truck drivers, etc. - what's your point?  if it comes down to fighting for our homes and country, we'd fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the truck driver hunter have a designated doctor hunter to go to when he's injured?  Does the weekend pilot hunter have a designated civil engineering hunter to go to when he needs a DFP or shelter built?  Again, they're personnel of their own lives.

Just as the part in blue tries to explain, you're taking the sentiment personally.  Nobody is discrediting the skills of the individual hunter.  Neither do I dare to say hunters wouldn't fight for their own.  But they're not an army.  They're individual people.  If hunters are considered an army because they'd fight, then why wouldn't you just name the biggest army of all and pick all of the people in China.  Was owning a gun the qualifier for being a fighter, or do you have to harvest animals to qualify?  Couldn't anyone with a fist be a fighter?  If they're not organized, they're not an army.  It's simple.  Hunters certainly have backgrounds and most would certainly fight at home.  They're still not organized with required attendance to fulfill roles, and I still don't understand why you don't just say, "Americans:  318,900,000."  Why are hunters the only group of people that are considered an "army" that isn't an actual country's military?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wow it seems that the Taliban, Isis, the norks/chicoms, and Ho Chi Minh all seemed to beat the US without air superiority and inferior logistics. So weird. Weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our country was founded with farmers who hunted. They fought the most powerful military in the world at the time. The human spirit goes along way.

Yea,

Until it goes up against air support, then its a bad deal

Wow it seems that the Taliban, Isis, the norks/chicoms, and Ho Chi Minh all seemed to beat the US without air superiority and inferior logistics. So weird. Weird.

Yea, they also had staggering casualties.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#31]
In WWII the Us army did a study on the actually hits done by members of infantry squads and IIRD it was only around 10% of the soldiers could/would accurately and willingly place sights on a person and fire. What it came down to is that 90% of the people in the US couldn't bring themselves to the situation of "ok sight in on a person and pull the trigger" . Just to freak your self out and get a feeling for it take a a gun, unload it, point it at your foot and pull the trigger. WTF BBQ OMG you moron!!! Is what your saying right, but how is your foot more important that "that guy's" head. If killing people was easy to do mentally why do so many people NEVER talk about OIS? medals for heroism? "nam"? It is a traumatic event. The military instituted actual training about this, dehumanizing the enemy, silioutte shaped targets, non human nicknames(nips, japs, huns, VC, Charlie, and propaganda to the effect)   There is a reason that people defending their homes from attackers historically have had a significant win ratio when compared to attacker mental justification. Sniping from a distance would be pretty hard to do mentally when compared to stand up fight/hot blood situation p[particularly against support personnel vs fighters.

I would wager that hunters who had bagged a big game animal before would be better than 10% simply because they had prior mental preparation. Maybe up to 20% but still a very low percentage.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Our country was founded with farmers who hunted. They fought the most powerful military in the world at the time. The human spirit goes along way.
View Quote

Yeah, the world has changed since then.  Run out into the forest with your Tapco'ed EBR and tell me how you fare against any vehicle that has FLIR.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would imagine that some have had plenty. What percentage are former .MIL? 10%? 20%?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Take away their cars/trucks.  How many American hunters can hike five miles with their gear?  

Largest stationary army in the world.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#35]
This is silly. A bunch of civilian hunters are not an army. We don't even have universal military training, that in some countries (such as Switzerland) can turn civilians into an effective militia.

Strange to say, but gangbangers in the 'hood, who are used to defying authority, would make better guerrillas than middle class, out-of-shape, complacent hunters.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Take out a couple of pipelines at the right locations, and a few tank farms, and those jets are done flying after a few sorties. Domestic fuel and oil supplies are interesting and involve transporting the fuel to the bases.
done properly, you would never even need to see the airfield.  drop a few overpasses and any fuel trucked in has a bad day. shoot the tanker trucks en route. there's only so many ways they can travel.

Our infrastructure, or lack thereof makes some of this far easier than it should be.

but it will never come to this and everyone knows it. it's an interesting mental exercise, but nothing more. If it ever got to the point where we are in a civil war, the military would be split. It would also mean we as a nation fucked up so bad it is unthinkable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My statement about shooting aircraft on the tarmac is based on the bases I see locally.

All of which can be hit by any gomer with a hipoint rifle
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.

View Quote

You serious, Clark?.jpg
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So did the Iraqis and the Taliban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So did the Iraqis and the Taliban.

Both groups paid and continue to pay dearly for that lack of combined arms. When the US decides to stomp a mudhole in someone, that is exactly what happens.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#40]
This is gonna be one of " those threads".
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Almost all the hunters I know wouldn't make it thru a special olympics basic training.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Clean your rooftop off, time to set up polling stations!

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, the world has changed since then.  Run out into the forest with your Tapco'ed EBR and tell me how you fare against any vehicle that has FLIR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the purpose of the gun is to kill the occupier while he is eating dinner with his buddies and then slink away.  I have no desire to meet a BMP in an open field.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This is silly. A bunch of civilian hunters are not an army. We don't even have universal military training, that in some countries (such as Switzerland) can turn civilians into an effective militia.

Strange to say, but gangbangers in the 'hood, who are used to defying authority, would make better guerrillas than middle class, out-of-shape, complacent hunters.
View Quote

You say that, but many of the most successful guerrillas came from solidly middle class backgrounds.  Something I would expect you to know.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
News flash.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

News flash.    

He's right ya know.jpg
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Red rover red rover...let Ray go on over"
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#49]
What about the "army" (lol) of us non-fudds? What are we, chopped liver?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
But how many of those would have the balls to stand up against a foreign military?
View Quote

I bet a lot more then people think would stand up and fight if the dirt is US dirt they are fighting for.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top