BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure,

But how many keeps a good number of ammunition in their house?

How many will actually be willing to risk their own lives?

Do they have air support? Nope, huh well we will need the numbers on our side then
View Quote

I would think the vast majority have enough to get off a few rounds before getting kilt which is what would happen to most anyways.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
so tell me about all the military training the US hunters have had.
View Quote

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAAA!!!!

You're not even fucking remotely serious right now.

Tell me about military training. This morning I went to the "Don't Rape Each Other" training, which was followed by the "Don't kill Yourself" training.

Then I've got six CBT's to do. After that I have "Don't Eat Paint Chips" and "When Shit Is On Fire, Use This Hose, But Not That Hose."

Next weekend, I'm looking forward to "Don't Plug In A Fork" and "Don't Sniff Glue." "The Burning Airplane Smell Isn't Good For You!" Is scheduled after that.

Our military wouldn't be able to handle American civilians for a week. They'd be too busy screwing around with all the "Military Training." Factor into that not being able to rely on the civilians for support, and then not being able to move ten feet without catching a varmint round from 500 yards, and you have a military begging for a peace accord.

And in all seriousness, a large percentage of Hunters have either military training, or can plain out outshoot easily 95% of the military and yes, that includes trigger pullers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, they also lack artillery and airpower.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a world class technical education in engineering.  As do many of the people in my social circle.

With some parts off the internet, what kind of flying bombs do you think we could rig up?  

That F16 may be pretty amazing in the air, but you have to park it somewhere, and then that F16 pilot has to eat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And logistics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And logistics.

logistics can be hampered by hit and run attacks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a world class technical education in engineering.  As do many of the people in my social circle.

With some parts off the internet, what kind of flying bombs do you think we could rig up?  

That F16 may be pretty amazing in the air, but you have to park it somewhere, and then that F16 pilot has to eat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did you go with F16 as your example and not a MiG, Sukhoi, or Shenyang produced airframe?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This your average hunter in my neck of the woods can't shoot worth a damn. Sure they can hit a deer at 30 yards when it s standing still.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This your average hunter in my neck of the woods can't shoot worth a damn. Sure they can hit a deer at 30 yards when it s standing still.

I'd also imagine the efficacy of a resistance primarily comprised of non-military trained hunters would drop dramatically if what they are shooting at started shooting back.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow it seems that the Taliban, Isis, the norks/chicoms, and Ho Chi Minh all seemed to beat the US without air superiority and inferior logistics. So weird. Weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our country was founded with farmers who hunted. They fought the most powerful military in the world at the time. The human spirit goes along way.

Yea,
Until it goes up against air support, then its a bad deal

Wow it seems that the Taliban, Isis, the norks/chicoms, and Ho Chi Minh all seemed to beat the US without air superiority and inferior logistics. So weird. Weird.
I'm not a military guy, but I think what you are insinuating (by stating "beat the US") is that we killed a whole lot more of them than they did us, and we won [most] the battles, but they simply outlasted us and we (eventually) lost the wars. But those wars we "lost" weren't due to lack of military prowess or capability, but lack of political will to allow our military to do what was necessary to win those wars.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why did you go with F16 as your example and not a MiG, Sukhoi, or Shenyang produced airframe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I perceived the thread to be about insurgency.

If it were a MiG, I wouldn't need to be rigging shit up on the internet.  I'd probably be helping some guy work on his F16 or be helping protect said pilots or something.  Conventional on conventional is like alternate universe stuff. The US navy would obliterate anything that tried to cross those fair seas in anger.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tell me about military training. This morning I went to the "Don't Rape Each Other" training, which was followed by the "Don't kill Yourself" training.

Then I've got six CBT's to do. After that I have "Don't Eat Paint Chips" and "When Shit Is On Fire, Use This Hose, But Not That Hose."

Next weekend, I'm looking forward to "Don't Plug In A Fork" and "Don't Sniff Glue." "The Burning Airplane Smell Isn't Good For You!" Is scheduled after that.

Our military wouldn't be able to handle American civilians for a week. They'd be too busy screwing around with all the "Military Training." Factor into that not being able to rely on the civilians for support, and then not being able to move ten feet without catching a varmint round from 500 yards, and you have a military begging for a peace accord.

And in all seriousness, a large percentage of Hunters have either military training, or can plain out outshoot easily 95% of the military and yes, that includes trigger pullers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

From reading all the tacticool keyboard commandos on here I didn't think we stood a chance.

By the way, I shot a ground hog yesterday at 376 yards.

With my AR.  And we all know that hunters all use bolt actions and 30-30's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, I'll play.

The only "plausible" scenario like this is the U.S. Military being turned on the people after a Bracken-esque event. Martial Law, occupation of cities by .mil and FEMA-Mart detention centers in the hinterlands.

The outlying areas would be monitored by drones and small .mil detachments. Local LEO's/NG would handle small insurrections until a 'Civilian National Defense Force' (CDF) could be stood up. (They don't need to be well-trained, just brutal towards those they rule over.)

The resistance, like any other would start and the weak, stupid, poorly disciplined, etc. would get wiped out easily. Then, the "pros" (By this, I mean .mil trained or just talented individuals with brains.) would start chipping away at the CDF's. They, as has happened everywhere this scenario has played out, would become even more repressive and lose what little aid the local "rats" had been providing. When this happens and they start getting pushed back, the .mil will be brought into the problem area with their training and equipment.

This is where it gets dicey. The resistance has to run a psyops campaign on the .mil guys to try to make them sympathetic--play the CDF's as the bad guys and conflict some of the troops.  It only takes a few in each unit to introduce doubt. But, any attacks on .mil renders the psyops ineffective for the most part. Then, all bets are off.

Does .gov send more troops to a 300 sq. mi. area in 50 different parts of the country to tamp out these brushfires? How effective will .mil be at that time? You lose a bunch of logistics people and mechanics and pretty soon, the U.S. Army looks like a reserve unit in Russia.

My $.02.

TC
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, I have a question for you.  

If you took a random sample of 100 hunters who went out hunting at least once a year....how many of them do you think are capable of doing the same?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because most operators of ComBloc aircraft can barely get their goods to market, let alone invade a country like the U.S.  Hell, look at our Grenada and Panama ops. And we're the top in the world. Invading a country without having a stable, secure base from which to launch the attack and support it afterwards is begging to become a goatfuck these days.

Our threat comes from within.

TC
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol.  All of these comments are from the first page of this thread.

Quoted:
Compare that to the best minds in the world taught by the best schools, experience in Vietnam, a'stan, and Iraq, and modern arms and equipment against some second rate Chinese fucks

Roll a half dozen anti air guns and obtain some air support of their own.

I'm optimistic but this meme about "hunters" is off base

Quoted:
I know it would be this lame shit.

I guess if you could set out some MREs at a feeder and wait for the invading ChiComs to come by and sit down to eat 50 yards from your blind and you hadn't had too many beers yet that day, you might have a point.

Quoted:
We would be one hell of a guerrilla force backing up our standing army (unless the premise is they turned against us which I don't see happening).  You can't deny we would deal some punishment.  Hell, even if it was only 10% that would fight (I actually think it would be more like 30%) that is still one hell of a number.

Quoted:
But how many of those would have the balls to stand up against a foreign military?

We're on the same team,  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well.... what's the % that are ex military? hmmm............................
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess if you could set out some MREs at a feeder and wait for the invading ChiComs to come by and sit down to eat 50 yards from your blind and you hadn't had too many beers yet that day, you might have a point.

View Quote

sorry, you lost me at "too many beers"

wazzat?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Large percentage?  No.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do you even "Viet Cong" bro.
View Quote

Didn't those guys decimated during Tet? Like they ceased to be a fighting force afterwards? Pick up a fucking history book.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We're on the same team,  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
We would be one hell of a guerrilla force backing up our standing army (unless the premise is they turned against us which I don't see happening).  You can't deny we would deal some punishment.  Hell, even if it was only 10% that would fight (I actually think it would be more like 30%) that is still one hell of a number.

Quoted:
But how many of those would have the balls to stand up against a foreign military?

We're on the same team,  

I mean, my comment will apply equally either way. I wouldn't want to be an invading army trying to set up post in the US.  That would be even worse than being US military trying to put down an insurgency.  At least in that scenario, you're dealing with fellow countrymen who are going to be a lot more hesitant to hurt you, and will probably want to put in efforts to recruit you into defection.

An invading foreign army?  Kill 'em all.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Really?

From reading all the tacticool keyboard commandos on here I didn't think we stood a chance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Now try it when its 12 ground hogs and 1 is shooting a 240 at you, 3 are shooting 249's at you, and the rest are moving towards you with M4's and 203's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

depends....( most of our enemies, who COULD invade the united states, say chinese and russia, along with some of their allies, are not exactly politically correct.... they are full on rape and pillage types......

foreign invaders, who are raping your women, and shoving them into reeducation / concentration camps, and or forced work parties with no pay,  murdering your sons, because they " might be in a militia, and are military aged" ?  robbing the citizens of their property, kicking them out of their homes, and living in them?  shutting off your sat tv, and fucking up your cable tv, wrecking your electricity, so your air conditioning dont work?  you cant get gas for your brodozer, due to the chinese seizing your refineries?

im sure most would fight, others would subvert, and give up intel, and help the fighters.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I mean, my comment will apply equally either way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't think it would because an invading foreign army wouldn't be dependent on an American Cessna engine repairman to perform maintenance on their aircraft.  I am sure there are principles of aerospace engineering and repair that are the same regardless of if the airframe is a Bell 427 or a Hind-D, but an invading army would be bringing their own logistic and maintenance support with them.  
Quoted:
An invading foreign army? Kill 'em all.

Yep
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Both sides in this argument seem to think this will happen in a vacuum.

If it was outside invaders they would have a very very hard time. They would still have to deal with the US Army and have their supply lines attacked by armed insurgents. In Iraq we had wiped out the regular army and were moping up insurgents.

If it was internal we would be in a civil war. Then both the US Army and the 'hunters' would be split along ideological lines. In the end whichever side has the best logistics<support<numbers<and finally tactics would win.

It will never be hunters vs. regular military alone. If it was hunters would lose.
View Quote

imagine the damage even the fat old hunters who cant even walk could do, they could sit in a chair, beside a window, hell im 80 years old, nothing really left to live for, but to kill me a commie... etc.... ... with a little target practice.... a MILLION snipers, armed with high powered, accurate rifles with telescopic sights. even if only every 2 snipers managed to kill a single guy between them......... thats 500,000 casualties.   snipers every fucking where, with a hell of a lot better rifles than the insurgents over seas had.. and the numbers it would take to invade this country... you can be damn sure the invading soldiers would not be getting mraps, and iba quality armor, and medical support... i doubt 25% would have anything more than a ak-47, and some ammo... maybe a shitty bmp, etc.

comparing our forces on the ground in iraq, equipped with the best gear money can buy... against chinese or russian troops gear, and what they would be fielding.. it would be a shit show.   russia slipped the other day and admitted they had over 2000 kia in ukraine and 3000 too crippled to fight anymore... thats probably not far from what the united states totally in almost 10 years of war..... they racked that up in what.. a year???
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is my buddy lol

Photo was taken in the Tangi Valley in 2009.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen some of this largest "standing" army. Fat, diabetic, hoveround using chain smokers who get out of breath walking from the walmart handicap parking to the front door 50 ft away.

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/news/local/military/blog/smoker.JPG

This is my buddy lol

Photo was taken in the Tangi Valley in 2009.

This is by far the most amusing post in this thread.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't think it would because an invading foreign army wouldn't be dependent on an American Cessna engine repairman to perform maintenance on their aircraft.  I am sure there are principles of aerospace engineering and repair that are the same regardless of if the airframe is a Bell 427 or a Hind-D, but an invading army would be bringing their own logistic and maintenance support with them.  

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
An invading foreign army? Kill 'em all.

Yep

Sure, it would just mean different particulars when it comes to disrupting logistics.  

You gotta park that MiG somewhere for downtime...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
** = Active Frontline Personnel

Guess all of the support personnel are irrelevant and the hunters don't need doctors, equipment, logistics, transportation, etc.

A hunter isn't part of an Army.  He's an individual who harvests food.  Personnel of nothing but his/her own life.
View Quote

hunters are locals.... with a local support base, who could be trained up pretty quickly, and they would be experts in their little areas of operation.... with the locals supporting them, they would have medical, and food, etc.... hundreds of thousands, of locations, supporting their own local platoon, or company of militia... to defend the locals from the invaders.

tough nut to crack when your fighting the regular ground forces as well. and the us military could easily supply the trained ex military locals / militia with anti tank missles, heavy weapons, ammo, etc.

but im talking about locals, WITH military support..... not locals only, against a real invading army... like the us military simply vanished and was totally gone, and it was deer hunters against the full weight of the russian military....... yeah, they would have a hell of a time fighting tanks, and apcs..
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.
It's about chemists, engineers, inventors, and hard working free individuals that would fucking destroy an invading army and steal their shit and then use it against them.

The guerilla resistance in the US would dwarf a'stan, Iraq, Ukraine, etc
View Quote

This is true.

But the idea that you can call that a standing army is fucktarded.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Now try it when its 12 ground hogs and 1 is shooting a 240 at you, 3 are shooting 249's at you, and the rest are moving towards you with M4's and 203's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

all he needs to do is get one of those 12. hell if we're talking 12million armed insurgents which i suspect is actually a low number as that was just hunters not armed civilians then only 1 outa 10 or so would even need to kill one soldier from a force the size of the us military before getting killed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Didn't our founding fathers state that a standing army was the bane of freedom? Maybe if we did not have a standing army 100% of the time then we would not be so eager to go off to war on the other side of the world every other day?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And logistics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And logistics.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Most of them are too stupid and not skilled enough to really get anything done.    

The people who ARE, are smart enough to know better, because they know dumb ass shit like that will bring EVERYONE down on them like stink on shit.

LOL, Only plane some seasonal hunter is going to be able to hit is little planes and the local strip...  because big boy airplanes are farther than 150 yards from the fence... which means their fixed 100 yard zero won't hit shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same old stupid "everyone is too fat and stupid to fight" blah blah shit.

I guess all police, firefighters, construction workers, factory workers, athletes, hunters, etc, use hover rounds to do their daily tasks.

I guess "Air support" will go around bombing suburban neighborhoods that has homes every 100ft, and bombing bridges, and factories, and so on in the hopes of taking out the 10% that might fight who happens to be blended in with "neutral" people.

I guess all fighters will gather at one spot to be an easy target.

Reality. How do you stop the fat out of shape untrained normal person from shooting at aircraft while they sit on the tarmac with his bolt action rifle?
How do you stop him from car bombing the local water treatment plant?

Most of them are too stupid and not skilled enough to really get anything done.    

The people who ARE, are smart enough to know better, because they know dumb ass shit like that will bring EVERYONE down on them like stink on shit.

LOL, Only plane some seasonal hunter is going to be able to hit is little planes and the local strip...  because big boy airplanes are farther than 150 yards from the fence... which means their fixed 100 yard zero won't hit shit.

exactly whos aircraft are we talking about?   the us military?  because the second the us military bombs a civilian neighborhood, ala iraq style to kill a house full of " insurgents" and kills 1/2 dozen neighbors, a large part of the military will see the people being bombed as their own relatives...... you think everyone would sit around and conduct operations on civilian targets, while every e mail, and letter from mom, is her crying about the local military bases raiding her house, shooting their daddys, and grandpas.., sorry son, but the 101st airborne division did a house clearing and they shot your sister, and your  girlfriend from high school had a mrap shoot her car up because she approached a check point too fast when she was late to work. . and they would all just suck it up and drive on???   of would they desert, and take their equipment with them? stingers, at-4's, and javelins...... drive off in some tanks, steal ammo, etc.. hell, destroy their own aircraft on the tarmac.

if its a foreign military aircraft.... where do they get fuel?  wheres the us military at while this juicy target sits on this airstrip?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This is true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.
It's about chemists, engineers, inventors, and hard working free individuals that would fucking destroy an invading army and steal their shit and then use it against them.

This is true.

I think we're agreeing...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Think China will be invading the native territory of a state with thousands of nuclear weapons any time soon? Nuclear powers need militia like conventional powers need muskets.

For conventional powers trying to discourage conventional invasions, what have militia done? Even against casualty-intolerant states like the US that often bend over backwards for the locals, they couldn't do shit to stop decade-long occupations. The real military killed whoever it wanted and captured whoever it wanted and the militia either stood aside and hid or got slaughtered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most powerful, well armed, well trained military in the world vs. cave dwellers with IEDs. Ya, the militia will suffer.
Compare that to the best minds in the world taught by the best schools, experience in Vietnam, a'stan, and Iraq, and modern arms and equipment against some second rate Chinese fucks

Roll a half dozen anti air guns and obtain some air support of their own.

I'm optimistic but this meme about "hunters" is off base

Think China will be invading the native territory of a state with thousands of nuclear weapons any time soon? Nuclear powers need militia like conventional powers need muskets.

For conventional powers trying to discourage conventional invasions, what have militia done? Even against casualty-intolerant states like the US that often bend over backwards for the locals, they couldn't do shit to stop decade-long occupations. The real military killed whoever it wanted and captured whoever it wanted and the militia either stood aside and hid or got slaughtered.

You obviously have neglected to keep up on current events.  Obama has seriously degraded our nuclear capabilities.  And even what little we have left, he swore he'd never use...and he released all of our allies stocks to the public as well, so that China and Russia, Iran and North Korea know full well what they need to do, or can do now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh....you hunt Ducks?

You're basically infantry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are trained to run towards the sound of doves.

Most hunters have military experience otherwise they would be too afraid of a firearm to even approach a gun store.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hate on the hunter ! Sad day

Nothing like gun owners tearing into gun owners can't we all just get along.
View Quote

No shit!

I thought this was a pro hunting board. I guess not anymore.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've seen some of this largest "standing" army. Fat, diabetic, hoveround using chain smokers who get out of breath walking from the walmart handicap parking to the front door 50 ft away.
View Quote

Anti-civilian bias noted.  Waiting for LEOs
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Our country was founded with farmers who hunted. They fought the most powerful military in the world at the time. The human spirit goes along way.
View Quote

And were only successful due to foreign intervention, thanks France!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination that your typical hunter is on par with a combat rifleman with full military training and gear, but think about how hard a few thousand goat fuckers (and malnourished VC peasants in Vietnam) made it on our military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I would think that US Civilians could mount one hell of an insurgency if it came down to it.  Think about the sheer number of combat vets out there who are now civilians that could help train and teach tactics, etc.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No shit!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit!

Right in the feels, huh?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
** = Active Frontline Personnel

Guess all of the support personnel are irrelevant and the hunters don't need doctors, equipment, logistics, transportation, etc.

A hunter isn't part of an Army.  He's an individual who harvests food.  Personnel of nothing but his/her own life.
View Quote

Well said.

I still think a mainland invasion of the US would be a motherfucker for anyone though.

The reality is that we would probably be absorbed into the military, so the idea of a guerrilla warfare campaign is far fetched.

Even if we had a guerrilla effort, if their military was even remotely technologically advanced, we'd have some pretty major losses.

Air power + SF + thermal/NVGs + armor = a bad day for a squad of rednecks.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Right in the feels, huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit!

Right in the feels, huh?

I have started a list of all you hunter haters.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If the ATF suspended their silly rules due to a pending invasion, many of our "technicals" would rival the enemy main battle tanks.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not about hunters.

If the ATF suspended their silly rules due to a pending invasion, many of our "technicals" would rival the enemy main battle tanks.  

'MURICA!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Trained at Valley Forge... Won the revolution and every war since.

Additional training from the U.S. government as needed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trained at Valley Forge... Won the revolution and every war since.

Additional training from the U.S. government as needed.

The Army at Valley Forge was so fucked up, Washington had to hire a gay German to straighten out that hot mess.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit!

Right in the feels, huh?

I'm a huge hunter! I count the guys I hunt with as family and would gladly risk my life for them. That being said, they won't be successfully fighting off a group of armed drunk nuns, much less a trained military force anytime soon.

Hunters being considered soldiers is like me being considered a doctor because I have a stethoscope.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't take military training to know how to effectively use a gun

However your point stands regarding actual wartime.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Military training would come in handy when dealing with other people who know how to use a gun. If the limit of your training is watching Season 1 of Tour of Duty on Netflix, you're going to find that combat has a very steep learning curve.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination that your typical hunter is on par with a combat rifleman with full military training and gear, but think about how hard a few thousand goat fuckers (and malnourished VC peasants in Vietnam) made it on our military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I would think that US Civilians could mount one hell of an insurgency if it came down to it.  Think about the sheer number of combat vets out there who are not civilians that could help train and teach tactics, etc.

View Quote

I agree with your sentiment,  but to call the insurgents in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam goat fuckers and malnourished  is under-playing that Iraq had been at a near constant state of war since 1980 (23 years before Operation Iraqi Freedom) , Afghanistan had been at war since 1979 (22 years before 9/11), and Vietnam since 1946 (18 years before the Gulf of Tonkin incident).  

The vast majority of Americans have not shouldered any major burden or have had to adjust to the deprivation a war zone produces unlike the populations of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam before large-scale US involvement in those countries.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I would think that US Civilians could mount one hell of an insurgency if it came down to it.  Think about the sheer number of combat vets out there who are now civilians that could help train and teach tactics, etc.

View Quote
You're smoking batshit if you think a typical American hunter could hang with any third world insurgent.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No shit!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit!

Saying a bunch of fudds would get owned by trained military isn't hate, just reality.  I'm a lifetime hunter from a long line of hardcore rednecks.

Experienced hunters are bad ass at hunting game.  Against people that shoot back and have NV, thermal, sattelite imagery, drones, and highly trained people (with experience working together in combat situations) it is a whole different deal. How hard is that to understand?

Bubba, Jethro, and Cleetus from Coon Pecker Point might be able to massacre turkeys and shoot the ticks off a dog's ass, but they'd be outmanuveed, flanked, and lit the fuck up in a firefight. That's just the way it is. Warfare isn't a game for amateurs, even talented ones.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top