Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same guy thatput up a video about printer repairmen watching SpongeBob and posting on ARFCOM, right?
View Quote

I thought that was a Ken/specialized armory thing.  somebody questioned his knowledge, he quickly blew a fuse and basically called everybody on ar15.com a spongebob watching printer repairman (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Wasn't Larry just riffing on the meme?

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He pled guilty
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the ATF. Dude goes out and serves his country doing some real dangerous shit and this is how he gets paid back. Despicable.

He pled guilty
A lot of people plead guilty. I have represented a decent handful of truly innocent people in the last decade who decided to take the plea rather than risk prison. Frustrating to watch, but it's their choice.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So if I'm reading this right, all he had to do to cover his ass was make a token effort to actually demo the guns to the Law enforcement agencies in question?  Maybe 1 or 2 afternoons a year?

And he didn't do that?

Not to sound like a parrot but yeah, that's pretty dumb.

I mean, sure.  The law is fucking stupid and shouldn't exist.  And sure, they can't go after everyone.   But damn... I wear a seatbelt even though my odds of getting in a wreck are really low.   The odds are low but the consequences are high.

View Quote

And not conspire with people to bring in parts kits from companies and countries that are sanctioned.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glock switches and lightning links all over the hood and this is what they focus on?
View Quote

Same thing I thought.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It has to be related to something Russian. 2014 is when they were sanctioned for the invasion of Crimea.

ETA: Beat. Yep. Russian AK-12s.
View Quote

Man it’s one thing to go down trying to get ahold of genuine German machine pistols
But getting busted over a POS AK-12?  Especially when you can throw enough money at a pre-86 Chicom receiver (or an SLR/SGL) and get a AK-10x clone of your choosing. ($4000 for semi $40000 for full)
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My cousin spent five years in prison and still gets his VA Disability payments. The VA even paid for him to get his CDL when he got out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He’s had some shit luck lately. If he gets prison time he loses his VA disability $$ too

My cousin spent five years in prison and still gets his VA Disability payments. The VA even paid for him to get his CDL when he got out.

I looked it up.

If you're 10% your payment is halved while you're incarcerated past day-60.  20-100% are reduced to the 10% payment while incarcerated.

Pension payments are cut while incarcerated.

Everything goes back to normal once you're released from custody.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess my insider info was correct when this first came out when he dumped some of his collection and the investigation was happening. I posted a little bit in the thread but was dismissed on here.

3 hots and a cot at Club Fed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Government goes after low hanging fruit because it’s an easy way to justify their budget and existence. At this point government employment is basically welfare. Protect bureaucracy at all costs.
View Quote

Yup, far easier to go after guys like this than real violent criminals using firearms.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
An inner city gangster with a glock switch or some other illegal machine gun isn't high profile enough to be worth the effort of BATFE.  Vickers et al are higher profile and makes for a much more press-worthy bust than arresting and convicting some inner city gangsters with glock switches.  

I think that is the primary reason we hear about Vickers et al rather than hearing that some inner city gangsters got busted with a few glock switches.  

If there was sufficient money to be made smuggling illegal firearms and glock switches, the cartels would be smuggling them in rather than dope.  Like the bank robber said "go where the money is".
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Man it’s one thing to go down trying to get ahold of genuine German machine pistols
But getting busted over a POS AK-12?  Especially when you can throw enough money at a pre-86 Chicom receiver (or an SLR/SGL) and get a AK-10x clone of your choosing. ($4000 for semi $40000 for full)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has to be related to something Russian. 2014 is when they were sanctioned for the invasion of Crimea.

ETA: Beat. Yep. Russian AK-12s.

But in the end, that transferable or clone isn’t an AK12. People want things they can’t otherwise get here.

Though if they were gonna get busted, they might as well have gone all the way and gotten single saw cut receivers, trunnions, bolts and original barrels… which these kits didn't come with, as most were deactivated or blank fire only guns.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I shit on the ATFs Facebook page regularly. They routinely post about busting gangbangers with glock switches and shit. It's just not televised and unless you follow their social media to shit post on it, you don't really see it.

The ATF is still gayer than 9 dudes sucking 10 dicks, though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]
When flexing on the poors goes wrong.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Having seen enough of his videos to understand that he's pretty cocky, I guarantee his own hubris got him in trouble. He believed the hype that he was the top dog of the guntubers and trainers due to his SOFD-D career and figured that and his friendship with a lot of LEO's would keep him out of trouble. Dude was a traveling instructor. He could have scheduled a weekend course anywhere he wanted, showed up Friday morning, did a range demo to members of the local PD, and kept everything legit. Instead, he used his reputation and relationships to acquire things most people can't get just for personal and professional gain without doing all the steps required by law. In reality, he's no different than the Lake Arthur reserve cops.

The NFA and GCA are bullshit laws, but they are the laws of the land. If you've got legitimate ways to bypass them, do it, but do it all correctly and don't be surprised if failing to do so causes you to get your dick slapped.

In short, he fucked around and found out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems it would have been prudent to have a picture and email documented "demo day" with the agencies and firearms you procured all this shit for, for should a situation like this arise.

Bad planning on their part
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I looked it up.

If you're 10% your payment is halved while you're incarcerated past day-60.  20-100% are reduced to the 10% payment while incarcerated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He’s had some shit luck lately. If he gets prison time he loses his VA disability $$ too

I looked it up.

$165 a month?
That still buys a few honey buns and Ramen in the commissary, even at ridiculous prison prices.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Glock switches and lightning links all over the hood and this is what they focus on?
View Quote

Not focused on less murders…they prefer the ever increasing “numbers” in the inner cities, would rather jerk around conservatives with the available resources.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And not conspire with people to bring in parts kits from companies and countries that are sanctioned.

View Quote

Yeah that seems like a dumb life choice, too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I shit on the ATFs Facebook page regularly. They routinely post about busting gangbangers with glock switches and shit. It's just not televised and unless you follow their social media to shit post on it, you don't really see it.

The ATF is still gayer than 9 dudes sucking 10 disks, though.
View Quote

I hope you follow @gaytfhq on Twitter.

Kharn

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
An inner city gangster with a glock switch or some other illegal machine gun isn't high profile enough to be worth the effort of BATFE.  Vickers et al are higher profile and makes for a much more press-worthy bust than arresting and convicting some inner city gangsters with glock switches.  

I think that is the primary reason we hear about Vickers et al rather than hearing that some inner city gangsters got busted with a few glock switches.  

If there was sufficient money to be made smuggling illegal firearms and glock switches, the cartels would be smuggling them in rather than dope.  Like the bank robber said "go where the money is".
View Quote

No doubt. If you are going to play in the grey, don’t promote it in million view videos.

That could be said for many others I’m guessing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Like others have said, it's possible to think the ATF sucks and also think that LAV fucked up.

While the rules ARE stupid IMO, the ATF is making sure that having a FFL/SOT and a few buddies in law enforcement isn't a cost effective way to acquire machineguns and circumvent the Pre 86 rule.

They are probably making an example out of him. I know of at least 2 guntubers who should probably take notice.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not true. It is only suspended while he is actually incarcerated. It resumes when he is released. Had this happen to a friend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bruen decided basically that the NFA is unconstitutional. And the recent Benitez’s ruling just reaffirmed this. So I’d fight this all the way up.  BTW….Where is the NRA?
View Quote

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha..Ha! That's a good one! You were joking..right?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So if I'm reading this right, all he had to do to cover his ass was make a token effort to actually demo the guns to the Law enforcement agencies in question?  Maybe 1 or 2 afternoons a year?

And he didn't do that?

Not to sound like a parrot but yeah, that's pretty dumb.

I mean, sure.  The law is fucking stupid and shouldn't exist.  And sure, they can't go after everyone.   But damn... I wear a seatbelt even though my odds of getting in a wreck are really low.   The odds are low but the consequences are high.

View Quote

And not violate sanctions against Russia.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seems it would have been prudent to have a picture and email documented "demo day" with the agencies and firearms you procured all this shit for, for should a situation like this arise.

View Quote

Might have helped, but over the last decade (or so) it seems they are starting to ask the question “does a one man department need to issue 37 demo letters for belt fed machine guns”?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems like a tier 1 operator would have a better understanding of "discretion".
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Disgusting. Atf needs to be disbanded and nfa and import bans repealed
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#29]
oh thank god they will get this horrible man who served his country off the streets *clutches pearls*
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Our government, especially federal law enforcement is an outright criminal disgrace.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Seems like a tier 1 operator would have a better understanding of "discretion".
View Quote

Sometimes government employees think are immune from common people problems because they have a government ID.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bruen decided basically that the NFA is unconstitutional. And the recent Benitez’s ruling just reaffirmed this. So I’d fight this all the way up.  BTW….Where is the NRA?
View Quote

There’s a suit sale in London which drops the prices from $2,500.00 to $2,250.  The board and LaPierre can’t pass up savings like that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
FATF
View Quote

ATF=Gestoppo
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Anarcho tyranny.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The NFA is unconstitutional due to it being a tax on a right.  We've proven that taxes on rights are unconstitutional via poll tax.
View Quote
Further... Since the BATFE was moved from the IRS over to the DoJ... they don't even have legit authority through that tenuous thread to be enforcing these "regulations".
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Might have helped, but over the last decade (or so) it seems they are starting to ask the question "does a one man department need to issue 37 demo letters for belt fed machine guns"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might have helped, but over the last decade (or so) it seems they are starting to ask the question "does a one man department need to issue 37 demo letters for belt fed machine guns"?
Sure, that's a thing the ATF doesn't like, and can certainly get you in hot water.  In this case, the Russian shit looks to be a far bigger issue, the potential penalties for import sanctions violations are far worse than for having a completely illegal MG you made in your basement.

Keep in mind that if you don't have to have cool foreign factory guns, an 07/SOT can simply make them without demo letters.  Its a safer path, but then again, no AK-12s and MP-7s for youtube clicks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As much as I hate the ATF, fuck be upon them, him having cancer has zero to do with playing the game and getting caught. He didn't play by the rules, stupid as they are.

I'm reminded of the printer repairman quote LAV made about us years back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poor guy just had cancer and now they are gunna kick him down some more for some bullshit

As much as I hate the ATF, fuck be upon them, him having cancer has zero to do with playing the game and getting caught. He didn't play by the rules, stupid as they are.

I'm reminded of the printer repairman quote LAV made about us years back.

Quoted:
Glad I stayed with repairing printers in my spare time.

I was less than impressed with his contempt and better than you attitude when he made that video years ago, but I've gotten over it and lightened up. I've regularly watched his videos in recent years and have enjoyed them. This really is a fucking travesty, and the man is being made an example of. He's being crucified for trying to use loopholes to exercise his 2nd amendment rights and get around unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Eventually... they will create a law that even YOU will violate. Their stated goal is complete destruction of the 2A.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is where I'm at with blatant firearms law violations.  

I personally believe that every single firearm law on the books is bullshit and an infringement of everyone's 2A rights.
I also believe that if someone openly violates existing law (however stupid it is), they're a fucking idiot.  I don't hope they get caught, but if they do I can't have much sympathy.  What did he think was going to happen?!
Eventually... they will create a law that even YOU will violate. Their stated goal is complete destruction of the 2A.

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted   and you create a nation of law-breakers   and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."
 Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#41]
What in the actual fuck?

Those filthy faggot bastards sell thousands of guns to the cartels with none of them serving a single day in jail for it, have done jack-fucking-shit about the glock switches coming in from china and used by gangbangers across the country, and now they're going after not only SOT's, but a dude that could pretty accurately be called a war hero, over pencil-whipped bullshit?

Ladies and gentlemen, your tax dollars at work.

Fuck the gayTF.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Having seen enough of his videos to understand that he's pretty cocky, I guarantee his own hubris got him in trouble. He believed the hype that he was the top dog of the guntubers and trainers due to his SOFD-D career and figured that and his friendship with a lot of LEO's would keep him out of trouble. Dude was a traveling instructor. He could have scheduled a weekend course anywhere he wanted, showed up Friday morning, did a range demo to members of the local PD, and kept everything legit. Instead, he used his reputation and relationships to acquire things most people can't get just for personal and professional gain without doing all the steps required by law. In reality, he's no different than the Lake Arthur reserve cops.

The NFA and GCA are bullshit laws, but they are the laws of the land. If you've got legitimate ways to bypass them, do it, but do it all correctly and don't be surprised if failing to do so causes you to get your dick slapped.

In short, he fucked around and found out.
View Quote
+1
Holmes overestimated his cool guy status
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I didn't know he was involved in bringing in SVD parts edit that was in vidoes? Yikes
View Quote

Speculation at the time was the hungarian SVDs were actually russian parts kits, no clue what became of this.

But unknown to what extent he was involved in bringing in these SVDs, as the company who originally brought them in is one of the defendants in this.

That said, the AK12 parts kits that were brought it is what might have done them all in. Probably not the SVDs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Our government, especially federal law enforcement is an outright criminal disgrace.
View Quote
Agreed. But now go back through just THIS thread and count all the people saying, "He should have just followed the law..." The law most of them agree is "bullshit" and unConstitutional... but they follow it anyway and denigrate anyone stepping out of line.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#46]
They went after the autokeycard guy too.
It's like the govt is afraid of its citizens
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Oh, Larry. What have you done?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I've been collecting Vickers Guide books.  A cool way to fight this BS: Vickers Guide: AR-15 (Volume 2), 2nd Edition
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What in the actual fuck?

Those filthy faggot bastards sell thousands of guns to the cartels with none of them serving a single day in jail for it, have done jack-fucking-shit about the glock switches coming in from china and used by gangbangers across the country, and now they're going after not only SOT's, but a dude that could pretty accurately be called a war hero, over pencil-whipped bullshit?

Ladies and gentlemen, your tax dollars at work.

Fuck the gayTF.
View Quote

You have to see some irony in a guy spending years fighting for the government that people are now calling tyrannical for arresting him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I thought that was a Ken/specialized armory thing.  somebody questioned his knowledge, he quickly blew a fuse and basically called everybody on ar15.com a spongebob watching printer repairman (not that there's anything wrong with that)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same guy thatput up a video about printer repairmen watching SpongeBob and posting on ARFCOM, right?

Nope, that was 100% all Vickers. The memes it spawned at the time were pretty epic.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top