Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You know what sucks is that he is probably the biggest and one of the most knowledgeable

gun people out there , now he can't even own a water pistol , I feel for you Larry .
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Amen!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the ATF. Dude goes out and serves his country doing some real dangerous shit and this is how he gets paid back. Despicable.

Amen!

And the rest of us? Fuck us? Is one of us more worthy than the other cause of service?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Oooh. HK G28 SBR and Stg90s. I feel bad for someone with such classy taste in rifles.
https://i.imgur.com/KqVRFfN.png

Release order (n) says...
https://i.imgur.com/I66q7Hn.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oooh. HK G28 SBR and Stg90s. I feel bad for someone with such classy taste in rifles.
https://i.imgur.com/KqVRFfN.png

Quoted:
So....No more guns for Larry or did his plea include an option to keep them?

Release order (n) says...
https://i.imgur.com/I66q7Hn.jpg

Well he's screwed then. Guilty plea facing 5-25.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
FATF. FFBI. FDOJ. Fuck all them feds.

The dude served his country for decades, sacrificing his own damn health, and now he's going in the clink for shit that's perfectly legal under the Second Amendment. God forbid a special forces veteran with cancer tries to exercise his natural rights.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And the rest of us? Fuck us? Is one of us more worthy than the other cause of service?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the ATF. Dude goes out and serves his country doing some real dangerous shit and this is how he gets paid back. Despicable.

Amen!

Jesus H. Christ, please calm down. Nobody is saying that Larry Vickers deserves special treatment. What people are saying is that it's despicable for the ATF to be so ass-chapped over harmless things that they'll go after anyone, even a combat veteran with cancer.

Nobody here, including myself, is saying that you don't deserve your Second Amendment rights, or anything of the sort.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not a crime.

Case dismissed.

NEXT.
View Quote

Agreed. Who exactly is the “victim” in this case? This is absolutely stupid. As stupid as some of these posters are here that are more or less cheering it on because they were butthurt over vickers over the years.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Jesus H. Christ, please calm down. Nobody is saying that Larry Vickers deserves special treatment. What people are saying is that it's despicable for the ATF to be so ass-chapped over harmless things that they'll go after anyone, even a combat veteran with cancer.

Nobody here, including myself, is saying that you don't deserve your Second Amendment rights, or anything of the sort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen!

What about breaking sanctions?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen!

I get it. What they are doing to him is fucked. But he was literally gaming the system to get "Extra priviliges" that the rest of us dont have cause we dont have freinds in the gov.

Im simply calling out the hypocrisy of people decrying how hes being treated cause of his service when hes being treated like every other joe on this site.

He called in favors had favors answered then someone looking for a promotion ratted him out. Welcome to the world of printer repair people.

ETA. Lesson being. Dont trust feds or have them as your friend's. They are only as loyal as their paycheck
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
What a fucking joke. This country is fucked.

Land of the free.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Department of "Justice" has literally thousands of attorneys who get a monthly USG check from the Treasury (tax $).

They only move forward on cases they know they can win.

To fight Federal charges you need multiple $450+ an hour attorneys.  And money to pay them.  Unless you have "fuck you" money or a huge fund raising effort, you're going to cut a deal or they will bankrupt you.

I knew a guy, 100% innocent of the charges, that his attorney told him "take the deal... give them the win... do the time...  you're already broke...."

He did.  Couldn't afford to fight. That's why US attorneys have a near 100% conviction rate.
View Quote

As someone that was in law enforcement that had to fight and ultimately win against a stupid prosecutor I understand your post and you are absolutely right. I beat the prosecutor but it cost me two years of my life and $15,000 of money I really didn’t have.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1) Fuck the law, its fake n gay. Due to my highly famous internet persona (sarcasm) I obviously follow all provisions of the NFA but support and encourage civil disobedience to unjust and unconstitutional laws wherever possible.

2) Don't fucking be friends with cops. Don't have anything to do with them, don't associate with them. Ever. If you have family that are cops, don't discuss any of item number 1 with them, no matter how "cool" they are. Because people get pretty fucking uncool when they get offered plea deals and they're staring down the barrel of losing their job and their wife leaving them & taking the kids because they're in jail for 5-10 years. If this means you don't get to get cool Hekla und Cock mashinengewers, guess what? You're like 99.999% of Americans.

3) America is shithole country that hates you and anyone who thinks like you and has a similar lifestyle and outlook as you. You live in an apartheid state that hates you and can't wait until people like you decline in numbers until there's no popular objection to just fucking killing you and your family. Don't ever forget that. Have more babies than they do and raise them to do the same. That means loving your kids and being active in their lives, not just being an abusive absentee hardass. In 5 generations the problem will be fixed without anyone even having to put on a ruck, let alone fire a shot in anger. Stop worrying about your standard of living and just have kids.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Based
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish he would've fought it in court.  I think we probably could've put together a pretty damn good legal fund.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) Fuck the law, its fake n gay. Due to my highly famous internet persona (sarcasm) I obviously follow all provisions of the NFA but support and encourage civil disobedience to unjust and unconstitutional laws wherever possible.

2) Don't fucking be friends with cops. Don't have anything to do with them, don't associate with them. Ever. If you have family that are cops, don't discuss any of item number 1 with them, no matter how "cool" they are. Because people get pretty fucking uncool when they get offered plea deals and they're staring down the barrel of losing their job and their wife leaving them & taking the kids because they're in jail for 5-10 years. If this means you don't get to get cool Hekla und Cock mashinengewers, guess what? You're like 99.999% of Americans.

3) America is shithole country that hates you and anyone who thinks like you and has a similar lifestyle and outlook as you. You live in an apartheid state that hates you and can't wait until people like you decline in numbers until there's no popular objection to just fucking killing you and your family. Don't ever forget that. Have more babies than they do and raise them to do the same. That means loving your kids and being active in their lives, not just being an abusive absentee hardass. In 5 generations the problem will be fixed without anyone even having to put on a ruck, let alone fire a shot in anger. Stop worrying about your standard of living and just have kids.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/this-gif-793.gif

Based

Legit
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wish he would've fought it in court.  I think we probably could've put together a pretty damn good legal fund.
View Quote

If you read the docs, they had him dead to rights on the demo guns and the Russian sanctions.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FATF. FFBI. FDOJ. Fuck all them feds.

The dude served his country for decades, sacrificing his own damn health, and now he's going in the clink for shit that's perfectly legal under the Second Amendment. God forbid a special forces veteran with cancer tries to exercise his natural rights.
View Quote

This is the government he served. He fought for this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
But they drop charges against black gangbangers with Glock switches, who actually use guns to commit crimes, because there are “too many black men in prison.”

Regulatory offenses, like this should be petty misdemeanors, punishable by a fine and forfeiture of the weapon, in the worst case scenario. But in reality, offenses like this are unconstitutional and shouldn’t be on the books.
View Quote

We had an AUSA refuse to charge the NFA violation in a robbery with a full auto AR because “I don’t want to put a young black man in prison for that long.”
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#19]
If you read the charges, the biggest items on the charges are essentially abusing the LEO Demo Letters to import intact MGs for personal consumption and distribution and what essentially mounts to a RICO charge for giving and receiving goods directly to/from Kalashnikov Concern while they were knowingly under US Sanction, including shuttling KC employees, Russian nationals, to/from the US and being shuttled to/from Russia by said nationals.

Not a good deal for Larry, but given the comment in Page 3 of this thread, it doesn’t surprise me that the ATF/DHS is trying to collect the rifles built from these kits as they are directly tied to direct transactions with Kalashnikov Concern.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is the government he served. He fought for this.
View Quote

I did as well years ago. I would never sign up today. I will never go back into law enforcement again either. I was a big fan of law enforcement til I saw how quick they turn their back on you as soon as you are not part of the club anymore. I have a few friends that found out the “thin blue line” does not apply once you leave and in fact you are now a target if they want to fuck with you. I would not even pull over and help a cop that is getting his ass kicked on the side of the road anymore. And my respect level for todays military is gone as well. I’m getting to be one of the saltiest 43 year olds you will ever meet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If they signed a demo letter and no demo happened they are pretty stupid.
View Quote

This.

Pretty much everyone here would be fine with automatic weapons and cans being available over the counter at 7-11 24/7, because “shall not be infringed”.  Hell, a mail order tomahawk would make a better world.

The reality is, that’s not the way it is.  Right or wrong, there are laws about how you handle automatic weapons. We all know that, and Vickers damned sure knew it, chose to violate those laws, and got caught.  That blows, but he fucked around and found out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, you wouldn’t have raised a drop in the bucket of that legal bill.
View Quote

Yep. 100k goes quick and a million is just around the corner.

We have a local guy indicted by the feds for fraud on contracts. He found the mistake but didn’t report he fucked up. He doesn’t have deep enough pockets to fight it even though it would have been an honest mistake had he reported it and probably paid restitution on the contracts. Now he’s fucked.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bruen decided basically that the NFA is unconstitutional. And the recent Benitez’s ruling just reaffirmed this. So I’d fight this all the way up.  BTW….Where is the NRA?
View Quote

The NRA never liked machineguns or automatic weapons.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Out of Control?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I did as well years ago. I would never sign up today. I will never go back into law enforcement again either. I was a big fan of law enforcement til I saw how quick they turn their back on you as soon as you are not part of the club anymore. I have a few friends that found out the “thin blue line” does not apply once you leave and in fact you are now a target if they want to fuck with you. I would not even pull over and help a cop that is getting his ass kicked on the side of the road anymore. And my respect level for todays military is gone as well. I’m getting to be one of the saltiest 43 year olds you will ever meet.
View Quote

Delta Force was at Waco and he didn't say "I don't want to be involved with a group like that". Instead he stayed almost another decade. He saw what the federal government was doing to people and decided to train their enforcement agents. He came in here and mocked civilians daring to train by themselves. Chances are good some of the people that came to get him either had his gear on them or had one of his classes in their CV. He is free to have made all of those choices, but now he can't complain that the machine he worked for came for him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Delta Force was at Waco and he didn't say "I don't want to be involved with a group like that". Instead he stayed almost another decade. He saw what the federal government was doing to people and decided to train their enforcement agents. He came in here and mocked civilians daring to train by themselves. Chances are good some of the people that came to get him either had his gear on them or had one of his classes in their CV. He is free to have made all of those choices, but now he can't complain that the machine he worked for came for him.
View Quote

Do you have anything to back this up? I'd find it pretty hard to keep giving a fuck about the dude if he really and truly helped put studs on the boot that is the federal government.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Reading the docs, damn, Larry really FAFO. I feel bad for him but at the same time, he sure dug his own grave.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I remember the AK-12 kit guns were making the rounds around the guntubers about a year ago. 9-hole reviews, Brandon Herrera etc. Since they now appear to be contraband, I wonder if they are going to be peppering their Angus soon?
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing. The Bizon build(s), which it seems are of the same origin, were also on a lot of the channels.

The ATF would love to hit them all with something.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OP should change the thread title.  Vickers isnt just indicted.  He plead guilty and testified against the others.

That does seem silly that all he had to do to avoid this would be demo the gun for whatever agency.  Buy them lunch, let them dump a couple mags.  And then the letter of the law has been upheld and he can do whatever he was going to do with the MG afterwards.
View Quote

Too cheap and stupid
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Textbook example of good old-fashion corruption and thinking that because he was famous, he was above the law. Good to see the ATF cracking down on this stuff.

Hopefully when the high and mighty have their special privileges revoked they will put more effort into actually fighting against the NFA so that everyone can enjoy playing with the same guns only they currently get to have.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did the importing madhine guns happen befpre or after Feb 2022?
He had a lots of youtube shows below that date and before he had his cancer treatment, of trips to russia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Importing stuff from a sanctioned country we are kinda sorta but not really at war with is frowned upon. I would assume a Delta guy would understand why giving money to people that are sanctioned is bad.

Did the importing madhine guns happen befpre or after Feb 2022?
He had a lots of youtube shows below that date and before he had his cancer treatment, of trips to russia
The first round of Russian sanctions started in 2014, and progressed over time. I paid a great deal of money to get legal opinions and clearance to do some (non-firearm) business there after that.

The flow of SAIGA stuff stopped back then, here's an article  from July 2014 explaining the sanctions at the time.  Anything made by Izhmash was covered then.  (AK-12s included].

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
ATF has been cracking down hard on law letters for years now. Reading between the lines it sounds like a couple small town police chiefs were basically just giving their FFL/SOT buddies letters for whatever they want, likely for some sort of favors in return. This isn't the first case I've heard of like this being prosecuted.
View Quote

This. Not the first dealer I've heard of regarding stuff like this.

He probably is guilty. A stupid law, but if you're in that business you should know to be careful. Unfortunate.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think for obvious reasons, no one is going to confirm if the speculations were true. But maybe the sanction stuff has to do with the AK12s parts kits and not the SVDs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The indictment was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Erek L. Barron; Special Agent in Charge Toni M. Crosby of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) Baltimore Field Division; Special Agent in Charge Thomas J. Sobocinski of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), Baltimore Field Office; Special Agent in Charge Kareem A. Carter of the Internal Revenue Service - Criminal Investigation (“IRS-CI”), Washington, D.C. Field Office; and Inspector General Joseph Y. Cuffari of the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General (“DHS OIG”).

According to the 26-count indictment, Hall and Sawyer were Chiefs of Police in Coats, North Carolina and Ray, North Dakota, respectively.  Sullivan was the owner and operator of Trident, LLC, located in Gambrills, Maryland, and was also an Intelligence Analyst with the Department of Homeland Security Investigations.  Sullivan and Trident were Federal Firearms Licensees (“FFLs”) and Special Occupational Taxpayers (“SOTs”), which allowed them, in certain circumstances, to possess, import, manufacture, and deal in fully automatic firearms (machineguns) and other regulated firearms.  Tafoya and Vickers owned and operated firearms related businesses in New Mexico and North Carolina and were also FFLs and SOTs.

The indictment alleges that, beginning in at least June 2018 through at least March 2021, the defendants conspired to acquire machineguns and/or other restricted firearms, such as short-barreled rifles, by falsely representing that the firearms would be used for demonstration to law enforcement agencies, including the Coats Police Department and the Ray Police Department.  The indictment further alleges that Hall, Sawyer, and other conspirators signed law letters with no expectation that the weapons would ever be demonstrated to their respective law enforcement agencies.

The defendants allegedly intended to impermissibly import into the United States and resell the machineguns and other firearms for profit or to keep for their own use and enjoyment.  Sullivan allegedly submitted the false law letters to the ATF seeking to import the machineguns and other restricted weapons.  Once the firearms were received, Sullivan allegedly kept some of the machineguns and other restricted weapons and transferred some of the weapons to Vickers, Tafoya, and other conspirators.

In addition to the indictment, Larry Vickers pleaded guilty yesterday to participating in the conspiracy to import and obtain machineguns and other restricted firearms and admitted that he received some of the imported machineguns and other weapons.  As detailed in his plea agreement, Vickers kept some of the machineguns and other restricted weapons in his personal collection and transferred other machineguns and restricted weapons to other FFLs and third parties.  Vickers also pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to violate U.S. sanctions against a foreign firearms manufacturer between July 2014 and March 2021, in the Southern District of Florida.

Vickers faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate federal law regulating firearms and a maximum of 20 years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act.  U.S. District Judge Julie R. Rubin has not yet scheduled sentencing for Vickers.

Trident LLC were the ones involved with the first batch of HD-18 (SVD) rifles that MAC fucked up, haha

LOL Holy shit, everyone pretty much knew those SVDs were russian too.

Vickers also pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to violate U.S. sanctions against a foreign firearms manufacturer between July 2014 and March 2021, in the Southern District of Florida.

Was it ever confirmed either way if those were made from Russian parts or not? That was the speculation when I last paid attention to that debacle.

If so, those owners are about to be in the same situation as the AK-12 kit (gun) owners.

I think for obvious reasons, no one is going to confirm if the speculations were true. But maybe the sanction stuff has to do with the AK12s parts kits and not the SVDs.

Absolutely. However, there was at least one guy trying to do just that by posting pics of the proof marks. I stopped paying attention after that. I wasn't sure if that went any further and got the attention of/caused a response from the feds.

IIRC, the same guy was also trying to make the argument that if the guns had been in Hungary for x-amount of years, then technically they became Hungarian according to the ATF. I'm not sure that's the case since I have K98ks that spent ~70-years in Ukraine and/or Russia and are still import marked with "Germany" as the origin.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#36]
This is why we need to defund. Remember, they didn’t go after gangs, they didn’t go after cartels, they didn’t go after criminals, they took lawful men and made them criminals.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Glad they got him. I mean he's very dangerous, unlike all the ghetto thugs with glock switches in shitcago.
View Quote

Yep. A lifetime of burden and liability to our Country. Not like those ghetto goblins that make our Nation proud!
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#38]
So now GD likes cops to lie? Got it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

The delusion is strong. Literally text/pics confirming he was accomplice to and received illegally imported firearms from banned countries and you think he could of beat the charges? If he did he would owe his lawyer a prime rib bro.

The business dealings/collaborating with a sanctioned country as we’re engaged in a proxy war with said country isn’t a good look.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the tragedy. Even if you can win the government will use your tax dollars to bankrupt you in litigation
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#41]
ETA. Double tap
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do you have anything to back this up? I'd find it pretty hard to keep giving a fuck about the dude if he really and truly helped put studs on the boot that is the federal government.
View Quote

Back up what? That Delta was at Waco or that Larry trains LE?  

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19990827&slug=2979617

The fact that Larry trains LE is in every bio of him ever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hello, I think I have information that pertains to this.

While I've been advised not to speak on this matter I'm dying and really dont give a flying fuck anymore.

I purchased an AK-12 built off one of the imported  kits by one of the Gentlemen indicted and was paid a very heavy handed visit by the ATF, IRS, and DHS last week over it. Everything I owned was papered and legal and I've never been an FFL or had any previous trouble in life. They seized everything I had and advised me that an indictment would possibly be coming my way for possession of the AK-12 as it's import is evidence that sanctions have been violated and that it didn't matter that the rifle was imported as a kit and remanufactured here that the act of importation of the kit and possession of it there in of it's self is illegal.  Parts count, semi-automatic, nothing mattered except the origin of the original parts left on the rifle which weren't many.

I asked about all the other people who purchased these kits and was told that the BATFE, IRS-CI, and DHS would be tracking down and retrieving any kit or built rifle in the country and possibly charging the owners. I asked them how they figured out that I even had one and was told that FINCEN is alerting on large gun purchases now and the banks and Gunbroker are assisting the federal agencies involved in finding these weapons.

Beware what you buy kids even if the seller says it's legal. I'm going to sue the shit out of the dealer I bought this from as it was represented as a legal to possess firearm.

View Quote

@JimboAK

While it's certainly possible given the circumstances, MANY of these kits have made it in over the years and there have been no seizures recently other than the experience you describe. AK12 kits are all over social media and even some big guntubers have them. Is there anything else you can provide to verify that? Anything like a property seizure receipt or a notice, personal information redacted?

I know guys who have actually had Russian stuff (parts kits, zenitco, mags, etc) taken at customs, and they didn't get visited by federal agents. Just received a notice that their items were seized and they could either forfeit or contest it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Cuck.

Quoted:

This.

Pretty much everyone here would be fine with automatic weapons and cans being available over the counter at 7-11 24/7, because “shall not be infringed”.  Hell, a mail order tomahawk would make a better world.

The reality is, that’s not the way it is.  Right or wrong, there are laws about how you handle automatic weapons. We all know that, and Vickers damned sure knew it, chose to violate those laws, and got caught.  That blows, but he fucked around and found out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Cuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cuck.

Quoted:

This.

Whatever, dude.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The delusion is strong. Literally text/pics confirming he was accomplice to and received illegally imported firearms from banned countries and you think he could of beat the charges? If he did he would owe his lawyer a prime rib bro.

The business dealings/collaborating with a sanctioned country as we’re engaged in a proxy war with said country isn’t a good look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean things the government does regularly while we pay for it?

LAV getting his hands on a couple rare guns to show in books and make content with hardly helps OMG RUSSIA beat NATO/USA forces.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Absolutely. However, there was at least one guy trying to do just that by posting pics of the proof marks. I stopped paying attention after that. I wasn't sure if that went any further and got the attention of/caused a response from the feds.

IIRC, the same guy was also trying to make the argument that if the guns had been in Hungary for x-amount of years, then technically they became Hungarian according to the ATF. I'm not sure that's the case since I have K98ks that spent ~70-years in Ukraine and/or Russia and are still import marked with "Germany" as the origin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The indictment was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Erek L. Barron; Special Agent in Charge Toni M. Crosby of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) Baltimore Field Division; Special Agent in Charge Thomas J. Sobocinski of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), Baltimore Field Office; Special Agent in Charge Kareem A. Carter of the Internal Revenue Service - Criminal Investigation (“IRS-CI”), Washington, D.C. Field Office; and Inspector General Joseph Y. Cuffari of the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General (“DHS OIG”).

According to the 26-count indictment, Hall and Sawyer were Chiefs of Police in Coats, North Carolina and Ray, North Dakota, respectively.  Sullivan was the owner and operator of Trident, LLC, located in Gambrills, Maryland, and was also an Intelligence Analyst with the Department of Homeland Security Investigations.  Sullivan and Trident were Federal Firearms Licensees (“FFLs”) and Special Occupational Taxpayers (“SOTs”), which allowed them, in certain circumstances, to possess, import, manufacture, and deal in fully automatic firearms (machineguns) and other regulated firearms.  Tafoya and Vickers owned and operated firearms related businesses in New Mexico and North Carolina and were also FFLs and SOTs.

The indictment alleges that, beginning in at least June 2018 through at least March 2021, the defendants conspired to acquire machineguns and/or other restricted firearms, such as short-barreled rifles, by falsely representing that the firearms would be used for demonstration to law enforcement agencies, including the Coats Police Department and the Ray Police Department.  The indictment further alleges that Hall, Sawyer, and other conspirators signed law letters with no expectation that the weapons would ever be demonstrated to their respective law enforcement agencies.

The defendants allegedly intended to impermissibly import into the United States and resell the machineguns and other firearms for profit or to keep for their own use and enjoyment.  Sullivan allegedly submitted the false law letters to the ATF seeking to import the machineguns and other restricted weapons.  Once the firearms were received, Sullivan allegedly kept some of the machineguns and other restricted weapons and transferred some of the weapons to Vickers, Tafoya, and other conspirators.

In addition to the indictment, Larry Vickers pleaded guilty yesterday to participating in the conspiracy to import and obtain machineguns and other restricted firearms and admitted that he received some of the imported machineguns and other weapons.  As detailed in his plea agreement, Vickers kept some of the machineguns and other restricted weapons in his personal collection and transferred other machineguns and restricted weapons to other FFLs and third parties.  Vickers also pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to violate U.S. sanctions against a foreign firearms manufacturer between July 2014 and March 2021, in the Southern District of Florida.

Vickers faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate federal law regulating firearms and a maximum of 20 years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act.  U.S. District Judge Julie R. Rubin has not yet scheduled sentencing for Vickers.

Trident LLC were the ones involved with the first batch of HD-18 (SVD) rifles that MAC fucked up, haha

LOL Holy shit, everyone pretty much knew those SVDs were russian too.

Vickers also pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to violate U.S. sanctions against a foreign firearms manufacturer between July 2014 and March 2021, in the Southern District of Florida.

Was it ever confirmed either way if those were made from Russian parts or not? That was the speculation when I last paid attention to that debacle.

If so, those owners are about to be in the same situation as the AK-12 kit (gun) owners.

Yeah, I remember seeing something like that, not sure if it was a video. Tried to look for it but couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#48]
F

Best wishes LAV.

But I do have to agree that with him being fairly high profile in that world, he really should've minded his p' and Q's better. I hold out hope that he was somehow wrapped up in this by association and didn't know what was going on and can prove it in court, but with his apparent knowledge of such things I'm not so sure that's the case. This is a perfect example of why when you get into the nfa game, you better make absolutely sure everything is above board. They aren't going after gang bangers with switches, they're going after people like this because they know they won't get shot at due to the fact the Faft/FBI/etc are generally pussies by nature. It's much easier to burn women and children alive.

ETA: just read further that he pleaded guilty and testified against others. So disregard the part where I held out hope it was ignorance. He placed his bets, he took his chances, and he got bit. Bummer as IMHO it's a victimless crime in this case, but it is what it is. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with him a few times and he was a super down to earth guy who was very enthusiastic about the firearms world. A little too enthusiastic, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#49]
The LAV is a pompous ass, and not a good person; however, this is more typical bullshit from government, and they will happily perpetrate antics such as this, in lieu of solving actual problems.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LAV getting his hands on a couple rare guns to show in books and make content with hardly helps OMG RUSSIA beat NATO/USA forces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sanctions issues aren’t limited to 2A arguments.

If it was some other chub being paid by and receiving items from an Iranian company, GD would be chanting murder.

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top