Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The feds don't mess around once they decide to come for you. I really wish him the best. Our stupid laws make it so hard that people get frustrated and find work arounds.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is why we need to defund. Remember, they didn’t go after gangs, they didn’t go after cartels, they didn’t go after criminals, they took lawful men and made them criminals.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Any argument for a moral high-ground regarding mUh sAnCtiOnS evaporated by the governments' own actions.

FnF
Taliban ACOGs and NODs
Iranian Warbux
Ukrainian Warbux

Many such cases.

Daily reminder that the same government that would arrest you for letting a foreign national even look through an i2 device literally left piles of them for people we were fighting for decades.

Quoted:

The sanctions issues aren’t limited to 2A arguments.

If it was some other chub being paid by and receiving items from an Iranian company, GD would be chanting murder.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yikes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any argument for a moral high-ground regarding mUh sAnCtiOnS evaporated by the governments' own actions.

FnF
Taliban ACOGs and NODs
Iranian Warbux
Ukrainian Warbux

Many such cases.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

FnF
Taliban ACOGs and NODs
Iranian Warbux
Ukrainian Warbux

Many such cases.

Quoted:

The sanctions issues aren’t limited to 2A arguments.

If it was some other chub being paid by and receiving items from an Iranian company, GD would be chanting murder.

No moral high ground required, but I will call BS on selective outrage dependent on the people involved.

If you read the docs, Larry got greedy and he really fucked up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Whatever, dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cuck.

Quoted:

This.

Pretty much everyone here would be fine with automatic weapons and cans being available over the counter at 7-11 24/7, because “shall not be infringed”.  Hell, a mail order tomahawk would make a better world.

The reality is, that’s not the way it is.  Right or wrong, there are laws about how you handle automatic weapons. We all know that, and Vickers damned sure knew it, chose to violate those laws, and got caught.  That blows, but he fucked around and found out.

Whatever, dude.

Yeah, and the United States Constitution "shall not be infringed" that you casually mention is the law of the land and the other "violated laws" you mention run directly 180 degrees counter to that.  If you are okay with that, you should question your patriotism perhaps.  We have been boiled in the water for so long, we have begun to fall in line with the narrative and suffer normalcy bias towards acceptance of that fact.  We should all be fighting against it.  I don't know anything about LAV, couldn't give 2 rat's asses about him other than respect his service. However, if he managed to screw the system into letting him practice his ACTUAL Constitutionally protected freedoms, then more power to him.  It's kinda like wanting to be angry at someone who pays an accountant to find tax loopholes to avoid getting taxed 37 times on the same dollar. More power to him for avoiding robbery.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The LAV is a pompous ass, and not a good person; however, this is more typical bullshit from government, and they will happily perpetrate antics such as this, in lieu of solving actual problems.

View Quote

I'm surprised to hear that. I'm a nobody in his world and yet every time I was ever around him he's was nothing but friendly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]
This.

People in this thread have shown what abject sniveling shitweasels they are.

"He ShOuLdNt HaVe TrIeD tO CirCuMvEnT tHe UnCoNsTiTuTiOnAl

Edited - Skg

Quoted:

Yeah, and the United States Constitution "shall not be infringed" that you casually mention is the law of the land and the other "violated laws" you mention run directly 180 degrees counter to that.  If you are okay with that, you should question your patriotism perhaps.  We have been boiled in the water for so long, we have begun to fall in line with the narrative and suffer normalcy bias towards acceptance of that fact.  We should all be fighting against it.  I don't know anything about LAV, couldn't give 2 rat's asses about him other than respect his service. However, if he managed to screw the system into letting him practice his ACTUAL Constitutionally protected freedoms, then more power to him.  It's kinda like wanting to be angry at someone who pays an accountant to find tax loopholes to avoid getting taxed 37 times on the same dollar. More power to him for avoiding robbery.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I can simultaneously dislike him, Hackathorn, Paul Hotaling, Grant Timberlake and that entire dickhead crew and still find what happened to them disgusting.

Quoted:

I'm surprised to hear that. I'm a nobody in his world and yet every time I was ever around him he's was nothing but friendly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glock switches and lightning links all over the hood and this is what they focus on?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]
The NFA is clearly Unconstitutional under Heller and Bruen.

Vickers is yet another victim of this tyrannical soviet regime.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#15]
This country is out of control…
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The LAV is a pompous ass, and not a good person; however, this is more typical bullshit from government, and they will happily perpetrate antics such as this, in lieu of solving actual problems.

View Quote
Of course most of us have only seen his videos on interesting guns, some of which he apparently brought in illegally. When you were around him, what exactly did he do that was pompous and not indicative of a good person in your estimation?

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

and being a convicted felon his days of firearm instruction to those who enter into harms way are over.  His livelihood is gone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on other cases I’ve seen, I think LAV will get 12-18 month in club Fed.  It will be a farm camp w no walls and bed check only.

If he can roll on a few other dealers, he might get zero time.

What got him was the illegal import, the love letters was just the icing on the cake.

and being a convicted felon his days of firearm instruction to those who enter into harms way are over.  His livelihood is gone.

I’m not passing judgement on LAV.  It’s not in my district and not my case.  What I do know is “never invite the man into your life”.  NFA is heavy scrutinized and the penalties for errors are very expensive.  

18Z50
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Still a lot of people jerking off about the ATF and 2nd amendment stuff and conflating the sanctions violations into a gun issue.

If he had illegally imported North Korean dildos and made money off them would it be more clear?  It's exactly the same scenario.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Reading the docs, damn, Larry really FAFO. I feel bad for him but at the same time, he sure dug his own grave.
View Quote

If only he hadn't crossed the sanctions line, but how far he took it is pretty untenable legally.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cuck.

Quoted:

This.

Pretty much everyone here would be fine with automatic weapons and cans being available over the counter at 7-11 24/7, because “shall not be infringed”.  Hell, a mail order tomahawk would make a better world.

The reality is, that’s not the way it is.  Right or wrong, there are laws about how you handle automatic weapons. We all know that, and Vickers damned sure knew it, chose to violate those laws, and got caught.  That blows, but he fucked around and found out.

Whatever, dude.

Maybe I should write this in crayon so you understand…

We all agree that it shouldn’t be illegal, but it is.  He knew it, we know it.  Therefore it’s on him.

So take your “cuck” and shove it up your ass.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any lawyers here;

IF at some future point, the Bruen ruling is somehow used to deem the NFA unconstitutional, and therefore void, would people with convictions like these automatically be eligible for release/reconsideration? Or is there some kind of, "You knew it was against the law, back when you did it, and were convicted for it" kinda BS?

Similarly, I've always wondered, if someone was convicted on murder charges, escaped from prison and disappeared, then someone turns up evidence that clears them, can an a-hole DA still pull some kind of, "Breaking out of a Fed penitentiary is a crime in and of itself, even if you weren't supposed to have been there"?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Agreed. But now go back through just THIS thread and count all the people saying, "He should have just followed the law..." The law most of them agree is "bullshit" and unConstitutional... but they follow it anyway and denigrate anyone stepping out of line.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our government, especially federal law enforcement is an outright criminal disgrace.
Agreed. But now go back through just THIS thread and count all the people saying, "He should have just followed the law..." The law most of them agree is "bullshit" and unConstitutional... but they follow it anyway and denigrate anyone stepping out of line.

I see your point, but who says he actually didn't follow the law?

With the amazing amount of lying and evidence fabrication the federal government has been doing over the past 15 years, I'm hard pressed to take any fucking thing at all they say at face value.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Is there a link to the documents?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote

Exactly. Looks like he got with his hand in the cookie jar, they had him dead to rights. He plead guilty because he is guilty. It sucks, the NFA is bullshit, the import bans are bullshit. But he knew the law, he knew the risks, he chose to anyway.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The sanctions violations are not an NFA issue. If the NFA didn't exist he would still be in deep shit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there a link to the documents?
View Quote

They are in this thread (3 sets).

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is why we need to defund. Remember, they didn’t go after gangs, they didn’t go after cartels, they didn’t go after criminals, they took lawful men and made them criminals.
View Quote

Sounds like they went after a couple corrupt cops and their friends
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The NRA never liked machineguns or automatic weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bruen decided basically that the NFA is unconstitutional. And the recent Benitez’s ruling just reaffirmed this. So I’d fight this all the way up.  BTW….Where is the NRA?

Well, many of the NRA BOD members do. So much so that they would (and have) oppose any action to repeal the Hughes Amendment to the FOPA. They have personal fortunes at risk.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#29]

"Vickers knowingly conspired and agreed with codefendants Sean Sullivan, Matthew Jeremy Hall, James Sawyer, and others to defraud the United States, namely the Bureau of Alchohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) by interferingwith and obstructing the lawful government functions of the ATF to restrict the transfer, possession, and/or importation of machineguns and other firearms..."
View Quote

Those functions aren't lawful.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hello, I think I have information that pertains to this.

While I've been advised not to speak on this matter I'm dying and really dont give a flying fuck anymore.

I purchased an AK-12 built off one of the imported  kits by one of the Gentlemen indicted and was paid a very heavy handed visit by the ATF, IRS, and DHS last week over it. Everything I owned was papered and legal and I've never been an FFL or had any previous trouble in life. They seized everything I had and advised me that an indictment would possibly be coming my way for possession of the AK-12 as it's import is evidence that sanctions have been violated and that it didn't matter that the rifle was imported as a kit and remanufactured here that the act of importation of the kit and possession of it there in of it's self is illegal.  Parts count, semi-automatic, nothing mattered except the origin of the original parts left on the rifle which weren't many.

I asked about all the other people who purchased these kits and was told that the BATFE, IRS-CI, and DHS would be tracking down and retrieving any kit or built rifle in the country and possibly charging the owners. I asked them how they figured out that I even had one and was told that FINCEN is alerting on large gun purchases now and the banks and Gunbroker are assisting the federal agencies involved in finding these weapons.

Beware what you buy kids even if the seller says it's legal. I'm going to sue the shit out of the dealer I bought this from as it was represented as a legal to possess firearm.
View Quote

I hope that this isn't true.

If it is, you have my utmost sympathy. It's bullshit for you to get slammed for someone else's crimes.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Glad I stayed with repairing printers in my spare time.
View Quote
we can get back to sponge bob reruns now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock switches and lightning links all over the hood and this is what they focus on?

One of those is dangerous and the other let's you brag to your cocktail party douchebag friends that you arrested a Delta guy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are NOT wrong.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
ATF has been cracking down hard on law letters for years now. Reading between the lines it sounds like a couple small town police chiefs were basically just giving their FFL/SOT buddies letters for whatever they want, likely for some sort of favors in return. This isn't the first case I've heard of like this being prosecuted.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

This is a perfect example for Al those folks who say “im not paying $30k for a transferable MG! I’ll just start and FFL/SOT and get as many MGs as I want.”

It’s a lot more complicated that it seems.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Or maybe ATF should focus on something more important, like tens of thousands of illegal machine guns in the hands of violent criminals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, they really should have known better.

Or maybe ATF should focus on something more important, like tens of thousands of illegal machine guns in the hands of violent criminals.

YOU are the violent criminal now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bruen decided basically that the NFA is unconstitutional. And the recent Benitez’s ruling just reaffirmed this. So I’d fight this all the way up.  BTW….Where is the NRA?

True

Aside from NRA help with WW2 surplus back in the day (pre-68), they have become the most useless bunch of Fudds on Earth.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, doesn't seem like that was very smart....
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck the following,

ATF
NFA

I have the utmost respect for LV's service but I remember when he told us what he thought of us.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The sanctions violations are not an NFA issue. If the NFA didn't exist he would still be in deep shit.
View Quote
This. Even if you set aside the dealer sample NFA charges, the import and sanction violations did him in. They are an entirely separate legal issue outside the realm of 2nd Amendment/RKBA.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a class with him, had lunch and dinner with him, good guy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

This is a perfect example for Al those folks who say “im not paying $30k for a transferable MG! I’ll just start and FFL/SOT and get as many MGs as I want.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF has been cracking down hard on law letters for years now. Reading between the lines it sounds like a couple small town police chiefs were basically just giving their FFL/SOT buddies letters for whatever they want, likely for some sort of favors in return. This isn't the first case I've heard of like this being prosecuted.

Pretty much this.

This is levels above that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well, many of the NRA BOD members do. So much so that they would (and have) oppose any action to repeal the Hughes Amendment to the FOPA. They have personal fortunes at risk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. More than a few of those folks don't want their $$,$$$ - $$$,$$$ devalued overnight if new machineguns became legal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  The two clubs I have joined are "NRA membership required".  Both have explicitly stated "no automatic weapons allowed" in their bylaws.  As a life member, fuck the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I get it. What they are doing to him is fucked. But he was literally gaming the system to get "Extra priviliges" that the rest of us dont have cause we dont have freinds in the gov.

Im simply calling out the hypocrisy of people decrying how hes being treated cause of his service when hes being treated like every other joe on this site.

He called in favors had favors answered then someone looking for a promotion ratted him out. Welcome to the world of printer repair people.

ETA. Lesson being. Dont trust feds or have them as your friend's. They are only as loyal as their paycheck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the ATF. Dude goes out and serves his country doing some real dangerous shit and this is how he gets paid back. Despicable.

Amen!

And the rest of us? Fuck us? Is one of us more worthy than the other cause of service?

Jesus H. Christ, please calm down. Nobody is saying that Larry Vickers deserves special treatment. What people are saying is that it's despicable for the ATF to be so ass-chapped over harmless things that they'll go after anyone, even a combat veteran with cancer.

Nobody here, including myself, is saying that you don't deserve your Second Amendment rights, or anything of the sort.

I get it. What they are doing to him is fucked. But he was literally gaming the system to get "Extra priviliges" that the rest of us dont have cause we dont have freinds in the gov.

Im simply calling out the hypocrisy of people decrying how hes being treated cause of his service when hes being treated like every other joe on this site.

He called in favors had favors answered then someone looking for a promotion ratted him out. Welcome to the world of printer repair people.

ETA. Lesson being. Dont trust feds or have them as your friend's. They are only as loyal as their paycheck

I don't see a bunch of ghetto ass banger thugs with switches getting busted and they are doing the same exact thing, importing MG's. However, they are actually using them to kill people. Don't see the FATFE doing a single g-damn thing about that. Since we all know the FATFE is reading all this, whats the deal, they too scary for you?

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hello, I think I have information that pertains to this.

While I've been advised not to speak on this matter I'm dying and really dont give a flying fuck anymore.

I purchased an AK-12 built off one of the imported  kits by one of the Gentlemen indicted and was paid a very heavy handed visit by the ATF, IRS, and DHS last week over it. Everything I owned was papered and legal and I've never been an FFL or had any previous trouble in life. They seized everything I had and advised me that an indictment would possibly be coming my way for possession of the AK-12 as it's import is evidence that sanctions have been violated and that it didn't matter that the rifle was imported as a kit and remanufactured here that the act of importation of the kit and possession of it there in of it's self is illegal.  Parts count, semi-automatic, nothing mattered except the origin of the original parts left on the rifle which weren't many.

I asked about all the other people who purchased these kits and was told that the BATFE, IRS-CI, and DHS would be tracking down and retrieving any kit or built rifle in the country and possibly charging the owners. I asked them how they figured out that I even had one and was told that FINCEN is alerting on large gun purchases now and the banks and Gunbroker are assisting the federal agencies involved in finding these weapons.

Beware what you buy kids even if the seller says it's legal. I'm going to sue the shit out of the dealer I bought this from as it was represented as a legal to possess firearm.

View Quote

Can you elaborate at all on this?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure they are on the corporate jet flying to Italy to buy suits on the way to their next business meeting (safari).

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#48]
So does it say how they got caught?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So does it say how they got caught?
View Quote

Probably turned in by someone who repairs laser printers by day and secretly watches SpongeBob SquarePants during the evening.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't see a bunch of ghetto ass banger thugs with switches getting busted

View Quote

That's because you aren't looking.  Plenty of them are getting nailed.  

This whole lie that "the bad guys aren't getting in any trouble when they break the law" is just ignorance.  

Glock switch dealer busted.

That's one hit found in 2 seconds, plenty more.

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top