Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
More winning in the war on people suspected of using drugs.  I think police departments should be required to pay out of their pension funds for damages resulting from bogus raids.  Maybe then this shit will stop.  The very fact that people are still getting raided AT ALL for cannabis is almost mind breakingly stupid at this point.  60% of the country thinks it should just be legal.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That doesn't say they have to produce it upon entry.  Just when they leave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, serious question based on the story: If the police knock on my door and claim they have a search warrant, but refuse to produce one, do I get to tell them to go copulate with their mothers?
According to the lawsuit, the Buffalo Twp police don't show the search warrant to the victims as required by law.

http://i.imgur.com/4v8UUly.png
That doesn't say they have to produce it upon entry.  Just when they leave.
Here's the thing, though.

You don't have to open up for a cop who has no warrant.

You don't have to open up for a cop who claims to have a warrant.

You have to open up for a cop who has a warrant.

How does a cop establish that he has a warrant?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
More winning in the war on people suspected of using drugs.  I think police departments should be required to pay out of their pension funds for damages resulting from bogus raids.    Maybe then this shit will stop.  The very fact that people are still getting raided AT ALL for cannabis is almost mind breakingly stupid at this point.  60% of the country thinks it should just be legal.
View Quote
You mean the taxpayers, right?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Typically, an affidavit for a pot warrant like this one will say something along the lines of "Your affiant has seen cannabis, also known as marijuana, on many occasions in the past and can readily identify cannabis by visual examination of a clear photograph of a questioned substance. Your affiant examined the aforementioned photograph and positively identified the plant depicted as cannabis, also known as marijuana."

Henceforth, the department's "expert" must say "Your affiant has seen cannabis, also known as marijuana, on many occasions in the past and can readily identify a questioned substance as either (A) cannabis or hibiscus or (B) something other than cannabis or hibiscus, by visual examination of a clear photograph of a questioned substance. Your affiant examined the aforementioned photograph and positively identified the plant depicted as cannabis or hibiscus." Otherwise, he perjures himself.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
War on Drugs strikes again.

Sigh.  
View Quote
This is more of a Qualified Immunity strikes again.  Leos would quit this nonsense if their colossal fuckups had real, actual penalties.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I am going to plant some of these and some japanese maple trees.

My neighbor is a cop
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They should have brought in a drug sniffing dog to verify the expert's ID.
View Quote
Yes and when the dog wagged it's tail That right there is confirmation boy's lock them up!
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL that guy is amateur.  This shit bird has as many as 52 false arrests for something he has never been trained in.

Statham police, officer Marc Lofton
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it were earlier in the season, the mistake between cannabis and Kenaf would have been forgivable.

However, since the Hibiscus was flowering at the time, any "drug expert" should have known better. Immediately.

Fire him instantly, pay the couple, and vet your drug "experts" a little better.
View Quote
Not to defend the twat cop, but some growers attach large colorful flowers to their cannabis plants to disguise them. For example ...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They should have brought in a drug sniffing dog to verify the expert's ID.
View Quote

Damn....  That's gonna leave a mark.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Meh, the war on terrorism, murder, and rape will never be won either but that doen't mean we should quit trying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This shit is why I can only conclude that the War on Drugs has been a complete failure and only serves to undermine our Constitution and empower the state.
Meh, the war on terrorism, murder, and rape will never be won either but that doen't mean we should quit trying.
This post is an excellent example of Poe's Law.  Unfortunately, based on your later posts, I don't think it was satire.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They should have brought in a drug-sniffing dog to verify the expert's ID.
View Quote
Why?  The dog has no integrity; if it thinks its handler wants it to alert then it's gonna alert.  Dogs ain't dumb, they know where the kibble comes from.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why?  The dog has no integrity; if it thinks its handler wants it to alert then it's gonna alert.  Dogs ain't dumb, they know where the kibble comes from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should have brought in a drug-sniffing dog to verify the expert's ID.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not to defend the twat cop, but some growers attach large colorful flowers to their cannabis plants to disguise them. For example ...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/257358/Screenshot_20171118-220427-367080.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it were earlier in the season, the mistake between cannabis and Kenaf would have been forgivable.

However, since the Hibiscus was flowering at the time, any "drug expert" should have known better. Immediately.

Fire him instantly, pay the couple, and vet your drug "experts" a little better.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/257358/Screenshot_20171118-220427-367080.JPG
I knew some guys in the 80's that had their grow operation under a fake pool..........
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I've thrown more pot down the NYC sewers during my time on patrol back in the day looking for guns that I wouldn't even entertain that bullshit. That insurance guy needs a smack in the fvckin' head and those responding officers need a narcotics identification class shoved up their ass. Man, I'm glad I'm out..
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 4:30:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My father has a large Morton building with a defunct fireplace. He had polyisocyanurate insulation board leaning against it and they dropped his coverage because they considered it a "negligent fire hazard."

Nevermind that the fireplace hadn't been used in decades or that they give discounts for polyiso insulation because it's a fire retardant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since when is it the insurance agent's job to call the popo on his clients in the first place?  I hope he loses his business and ends up a short-order cook at Waffle House.
My father has a large Morton building with a defunct fireplace. He had polyisocyanurate insulation board leaning against it and they dropped his coverage because they considered it a "negligent fire hazard."

Nevermind that the fireplace hadn't been used in decades or that they give discounts for polyiso insulation because it's a fire retardant.
Haha! Yeah I routinely apply about 900 degrees of heat to polyiso boards. That shit ain't very flammable. Insurance companies can be retarded sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, serious question based on the story: If the police knock on my door and claim they have a search warrant, but refuse to produce one, do I get to tell them to go copulate with their mothers?
View Quote
The single most glaring anomaly that struck me right here. Serious fuckyness. If they really had a search warrant, they surely would have been falling all over themselves to show it. I would guess they expected to do some loose grease and get one later, which happens, but you should be rully rully sure you have something worth it and it's important before you roll with that plan. Pot plants aren't that, even ever.
The derp is strong in this story, and fuck the incompetent police. They make us all look bad.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:04:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Since when is it the insurance agent's job to call the popo on his clients in the first place?  I hope he loses his business and ends up a short-order cook at Waffle House.
View Quote
That does seem an awful lot like a violation of fiduciary responsibility. I think I'll look into the law on that tomorrow. If an attorney did something like that, they'd be disbarred forever and ever, amen.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Police apologies of that nature should come with no less than 5 zeros !
Hope they get paid well and the dept gets their ass handed to them by a judge.
No fucking excuse for that level of .
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:22:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is this where I should say "want to compare IQ scores"?

GD gonna GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started to type out an answer, but I realized I would have to do it in crayon with Barney The Dinosaur and word balloons, so never mind.
Is this where I should say "want to compare IQ scores"?

GD gonna GD.
Mine was 147 last time, so I'm by no means a sugerpenius, but I agree with him, not you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:33:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Honestly, I think it's the fanatical conditioning which borders on brainwashing along the lines of "derrrrrrrrr git dem doperrrs!!!!" that makes them lose all ability to be rational.

Good cop friend I know, who used to deal weed (yes, really) in high school is much more level headed about it, simply because he's smoked a lot of it, and knows that the whole reefer madness gateway drug story is bullshit.
View Quote
*Gasp!*
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Um, yeah.  One of these things is not like the other.  But great comparison otherwise!  

WarOn(some)Drugs  (malum prohibitum).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, the war on terrorism (malum in se), murder (malum in se), and rape (malum in se) will never be won either but that doen't mean we should quit trying.
Um, yeah.  One of these things is not like the other.  But great comparison otherwise!  

WarOn(some)Drugs  (malum prohibitum).
This is hard for people with undeveloped brains to figure out.  They think the law is what makes something wrong.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Clearly hardend drug kingpins.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That’s got to be embarrassing. The cops involved should be fired, held financially liable, put in jail for a month or two, and have to publicly apologize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Buffalo Twp Police 'drug expert' entered this into evidence as marijuana.

http://i.imgur.com/3lgJSM7.png

That’s got to be embarrassing. The cops involved should be fired, held financially liable, put in jail for a month or two, and have to publicly apologize.
And the public apology should be made in same state of undress that the victims were forced to suffer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I knew some guys in the 80's that had their grow operation under a fake pool..........
View Quote
Did they drive this?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Can't wait til the dipshits find me with a bale of alfalfa for my horses in my SUV.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#28]
The insurance guy deleted his LinkedIn account. I wonder how many people looked him up and harassed him.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Holy fucking shit.

WOD has reached a new level of embarrassment. How in the blue fuck does anyone confuse hibiscus and pot!?!?  In an age where pot leaves are plastered all over everything and you can look up pot farm pics to see what they look like when it's grown.

I've seen other plants that have an uncanny resemblance to pot plants. I hope those officers never go to Lowe's or home Depot.

Seriously, how much time do you have to spend in mom's basement or under a rock?!?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Apparently, theres a type of hybiscus called "Hibiscus cannabinus" or Kenaf that does look like cannabis. Picture of it--

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=Af513d967356c0823dd4e7953c1636f21&w=300&h=200&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

Though, the self professed expert should easily be able to tell the two apart.
View Quote
There are several house plants that look like pot. Are there really not ways to discern!?!??

Oh, and fuck the insurance company too. And there may be other fucks as I get through this thread.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I was about to laugh my ass off at this story, because all the hibiscus plants I've ever seen had big broad teardrop shaped leaves like this...
https://www.bikemaui.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/amazonia-hibiscus.jpg

But damn that one you posted really does look a lot like the good stuff.  I could definitely see someone being fooled by that, I've got several hibiscus plants in my yard right now and I had no idea a variety like that existed.
View Quote
It's similar but still different enough to be discernable.

Would it have been that hard to ask the owners what it was?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"Drug Recognition Expert" = "I don't need no warrant. Your'e guilty because I said so!"

Signed: a former narc
View Quote
They have "gun experts" too. They have experts of the law.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Typically, an affidavit for a pot warrant like this one will say something along the lines of "Your affiant has seen cannabis, also known as marijuana, on many occasions in the past and can readily identify cannabis by visual examination of a clear photograph of a questioned substance. Your affiant examined the aforementioned photograph and positively identified the plant depicted as cannabis, also known as marijuana."

Henceforth, the department's "expert" must say "Your affiant has seen cannabis, also known as marijuana, on many occasions in the past and can readily identify a questioned substance as either (A) cannabis or hibiscus or (B) something other than cannabis or hibiscus, by visual examination of a clear photograph of a questioned substance. Your affiant examined the aforementioned photograph and positively identified the plant depicted as cannabis or hibiscus." Otherwise, he perjures himself.
View Quote
No one here gives a shit if a cop outright lies. We had a city cop near here decide to pull over a car so he made up a story about the driver running a red light. Unfortunately for him a city camera caught everything on video. The car not only stopped at the red light he supposedly ran but was stuck at the light for a while before being able to make a right turn. Of course nothing happened to this officer who outright lied short of the civil settlement.

This same officer was later on the road when the narcotics task force needed someone to sit on a drug house while they got a warrant. Not to let little things like having a warrant signed before breaking down the door of a house with no one inside stop them they hit the door before the warrant was signed. Unfortunately for the lies they concocted the house had a monitored alarm system with motion sensors inside which caught them. Officer full of shit from the red light stop sitting in his car mere feet from the door some how never saw or heard a damn thing and managed to get himself involved in yet another civil suit before the first was even settled.

Same city while serving on a grand jury we had two cops come in and testify that when they told a guy on a bike crossing the street to stop the guy took off and they had to chase him. This was early in the grand jury so no one was expecting a cop to be full of shit and everyone was just asking friendly questions to get an idea of what happened but one of the cops changed his story so much that everyone caught on to him being full of shit. Eventually through the questioning his story changed from the guy took off trying to get away to stopping in mere feet after being told to stop. We asked the prosecutor who ran the grand jury if we could charge the cop who first testified and never came clean with perjury. He fed us a line of shit that we couldn't
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wonder what basis was used for issuing the warrant?

I know the difference between pot and other plants, I know what poppies look like, but I could trip over a coca plant and not have any idea what it was.  There are a number of intoxicating plants that I could not identify.  Most westerners are only familiar with pot, and poppies, but there are plenty of other intoxicating plants out there.
View Quote
Go on . . .
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Good thing they didn't have a dog!

In a free society everyone should be held
Personally accountable for their actions, including all officers of the State.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good thing they didn't have a dog!

In a free society everyone should be held
Personally accountable for their actions, including all officers of the State.
View Quote
After the fraud of Qualified Immunity was pushed on the American public, Law enforcement spent the next 4 decades creating a wheel of blame that puts the fault on everything and everyone except the actual perpetrators.  It's never their fault.  Ever.  Remember these things when you are on a jury and when you vote.

If they were held civilly (and criminally in many cases) liable for their actions, stupid shit like this would not happen and they would clean the problem children from their ranks.  As of now there really is no incentive to do so in many agencies.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll help:

Perjury is the intentional act of swearing a false oath or falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth, whether spoken or in writing, concerning matters material to an official proceeding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they aren't experts in drug identification they shouldn't call themselves drug identification experts.  But they've built a system where they can earn the expert title with about 120 hours of work so it's on them.
Should be on the hook for perjury if they are wrong.

I'll help:

Perjury is the intentional act of swearing a false oath or falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth, whether spoken or in writing, concerning matters material to an official proceeding.
Such as swearing a falsehood to a judge to get a warrant?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'll help:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they aren't experts in drug identification they shouldn't call themselves drug identification experts.  But they've built a system where they can earn the expert title with about 120 hours of work so it's on them.

I'll help:

you mean, like the oath/affirmation required to get a search warrant?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll help:

That’s where they will just fall back on it being a training issue.  And despite them declaring their expertise it is someone else’s fault.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they drive this?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145185/10632296_1611099479168061_1576497907_n-367245.jpg
Small world.

Link Posted: 11/19/2017 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#42]
As Scooby Doo would say "ruh roh"  looks like these guys are going to be paying out the ass.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#43]
One of two things should happen, but of course neither will.  Either these "experts" should have been able to id the plants and didn't because they were negligent and should be fired and sued personally, or they did it on purpose and should be imprisoned and sued personally.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#44]
sue big

I hope the tax payers taxes go up big for this.

once the taxpayers realize their taxes went up because they voted for fucking idiots that hire idiots, maybe they'll think before voting next time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
can't expect cops to be an expert in every subject.
View Quote
bullshit excuse for shitty work

no, but they should look at the situation in its entirety and make a rational judgement.

they are liable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
sue big

once the taxpayers realize their taxes went up because they voted for fucking idiots that hire idiots, maybe they'll think before voting next time.
View Quote
Never happens.

Look at NYC.

Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
can't expect cops to be an expert in every subject.
View Quote
According to any DA, cops are utterly infallible on every subject.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you read the article it was their idiot insurance guy who mistook the plants and got the cops all hot and bothered.  Then the cops went full retard.

There were a few local news stories on it yesterday since the lawsuit was filed.  The insurance guy was inspecting damage to the home from some other event and of course this guy called the cops to report this couple's massive weed operation.  The insurance company also threatened to drop coverage of the couple due to their "weed" operation.

Then the cops ransack the place and damage stuff looking for "weed."
View Quote
A cavalcade of assholes......moral of the story, Don't claim expertise where it doesn't exist.  I'm allergic as he ll to MJ, but I didn't ever base an arrest on that....
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This reminds me of a case I heard about on a warrant.  The warrant said that the police photographed marijuana leaves in a greenhouse using a 35mm camera at an altitude of 1500 feet.  Defense expert had a photo reconnaissance expert from the Army Corps of Engineers take similar photographs of leaves taped to the inside of the greenhouse from 1500, 1000, and 500 feet with the same camera equipment the warrant claimed to use.  The expert also took photos using a far better camera that had a 2.25"x2.25" negative (35mm is about 1.25" square)  from the same three altitudes.  The larger negatives gave far better detail when enlarged.  In all six photographic presentations the defense presented, regardless of the amount of magnification done to the prints from negatives, no one could tell what any of the leaves were.   Everything from the warrant was tossed out as the Judge said the officer clearly lied to get the warrant.  With no evidence, there was no case.

Bottom line...don't lie to get a warrant, and you won't get your knuckles rapped.
View Quote
I missed the part where any action was taken against the lying cops?  I'm sure they were fucking crushed a case got tossed.  Did they suicide from embarrassment?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Never happens.
Look at NYC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once the taxpayers realize their taxes went up because they voted for fucking idiots that hire idiots, maybe they'll think before voting next time.
Never happens.
Look at NYC.
What? They only average about $100 million a year in PD related lawsuit payouts.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top