Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The 1.1.2 patch that hit today fixes the dupes, fyi.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It worked for me on everything I tried duplicating. You have to hit Y/B at the exact same time and hold them for about half a second or else you just drop and pick up the original items.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just tried the item duplication and it does not work. Tries it about 20 times using various items and nothing duplicated.

It worked for me on everything I tried duplicating. You have to hit Y/B at the exact same time and hold them for about half a second or else you just drop and pick up the original items.

I noticed that you have to also look in your inventory after picking up the items before moving around or the increase won't stick.  I bought all the expensive armor in Kakariko villiage and buy arrows all over like I've got "fuck you money" in rupees.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For hilarity, fuse any mushroom to any spear or long stick. Almost no damage but it'll punt enemies 25-50 yards.

Still no luck sending a korok to space yet.
View Quote

There is an apple orchard right next to a shrine I found last night.  Like 20 or 30 trees.  I go around beating them with my mushroom tip (lol) and they drop apples all over.  It's a good resource.  The mushroom weapon doesn't harm the trees so you can return and harvest again later.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I constantly duck in combat and it screws me up.  I don't mean to but when I'm aggressively using the controller I press the stick in I guess.  I wish duck was a different button.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This stuff always gets patched when I figure out how to do it.

Well… now to figure out a way to not update.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I constantly duck in combat and it screws me up.  I don't mean to but when I'm aggressively using the controller I press the stick in I guess.  I wish duck was a different button.
View Quote

You can change the controls in the one of the menus.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This stuff always gets patched when I figure out how to do it.

Well  now to figure out a way to not update.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't close the game.

The game won't install the update if you just keep putting the switch in sleep mode.

I want to dupe the Hylian Shield and some dragon parts then I'll update.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not surprised. It effectively breaks the game. I did dupe 100 diamonds from just 1

I feel dirty.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it online onlybto play or force you to connext for DRM reasons?

Do you have to download the patch as a result?

I am so sick and tired of game developers forcing patches on single player "cheats" that effect nobody.   A person can decide whether to do it or not and harm nobody outside of their own game.

But along comes the turds in the dev department forcing people to play the way they intended.

Borderlands series was a great example of catering to whiney little shits and ruining some classic glitches.  That was part of the fun which made grinding less tedious.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The game won't install the update if you just keep putting the switch in sleep mode.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately last night when I went to bed I closed the game and put the Switch back on the charger in sleep mode. I’m probably screwed at this point.

I’m hoping it’ll ask me if I want to update when I get home and I’ll just say no and then turn off automatic updates. I’m still pretty low level so I have nothing really of note to clone. But what I was doing was cloning rubies and just selling them for a ton a rupees.

I should have cloned my Hylian shield though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]
There’s still a way to dupe items. But to me, it seems over complicated and it costs you rupees and doesn’t appear to be worth it.

How to Duplicate Items in 1.1.2 Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#12]
It tells me that I have an update and asks if I want to install it. I just keep hitting no.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It's easy to uninstall updates if they do get applied.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

You gonna tell us or no?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/F09DE067-47F9-4C4C-934C-223722121019-480.gif

You gonna tell us or no?

Rotate the right analaoog stick left and right a few times to defuse it.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You can change the controls in the one of the menus.
View Quote

I don't think you can change duck.  You can change what button jumps and turn off motion controls which I did both.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/F09DE067-47F9-4C4C-934C-223722121019-480.gif

You gonna tell us or no?

But I'll lose all the stuff I've fused to it.

So I just got home from work and turned my switch on and my game is still at version 1.1.1.

How do I keep it here? I'm not seeing anything about auto update. I'm assuming I have to start the software.

Well fuck, I turned off auto-updates but it's still trying to download the update. It's got the little gray bar on the bottom. I shut my internet off to so it from downloading it but it's kind of stuck now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So I just got home from work and turned my switch on and my game is still at version 1.1.1.

How do I keep it here? I'm not seeing anything about auto update. I'm assuming I have to start the software.
View Quote

In systems settings all the way at the bottom in the (I think) system menu is auto update.  Turn that off.  If it downloaded the update, it'll just ask if you want to apply it whenever you load Zelda.  Unfortunately, it keeps the update cached so there's no 'oops' deleting the update as far as I know.

But so long as you don't hit 'install update' you should be golden, so no mashing A when starting the game.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In systems settings all the way at the bottom in the (I think) system menu is auto update.  Turn that off.  If it downloaded the update, it'll just ask if you want to apply it whenever you load Zelda.  Unfortunately, it keeps the update cached so there's no 'oops' deleting the update as far as I know.

But so long as you don't hit 'install update' you should be golden, so no mashing A when starting the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was able to cancel the download. I'll have to remember to read the pop ups before starting the game because it's going to keep asking to update. Maybe I'll just turn off the internet connection on the console.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Beat my first lynel, the red-maned one near the glyph to the west south west of the castle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Beat my first lynel, the red-maned one near the glyph to the west south west of the castle.
View Quote

Nice!  I member in Botw I got to a point where I sought them out just to utterly destroy them and loot their shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Slightly spoilery story meme in regards to the Water Temple questline:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I've completed 3 of the temples and am kind of scared of finishing the last one because I don't want the game to end. I think I'm gonna do everything else possible then finish the story.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've completed 3 of the temples and am kind of scared of finishing the last one because I don't want the game to end. I think I'm gonna do everything else possible then finish the story.
View Quote

I’m not going to the castle until I’ve done everything I can and link is maxed out, all shrines, all armor maxed, Lionel’s slayed, etc

That’s the fun part of the game.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Is TOTK similar to BOTW in that the more of the temples you do, the harder the enemies in the wild become? Debating on when to start doing the temples
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is TOTK similar to BOTW in that the more of the temples you do, the harder the enemies in the wild become? Debating on when to start doing the temples
View Quote

I never saw that in botw. The more abilities and armor you get the easier the game gets.

The game has a way of telling you “you shouldn’t be here, that’s why you’re getting your ass kicked”
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I never saw that in botw. The more abilities and armor you get the easier the game gets.

The game has a way of telling you “you shouldn’t be here, that’s why you’re getting your ass kicked”
View Quote

Yeah definitely noticed when I was outgunned but felt like if you did more temples that the enemies in the wild got tougher. Like bokoblines going from red to black or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah definitely noticed when I was outgunned but felt like if you did more temples that the enemies in the wild got tougher. Like bokoblines going from red to black or something like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The enemies will scale in difficulty as you go. Not all enemies though, so if you go to areas from the beginning, they’ll still be weak. But in BoTW, a red Lynel would be replaced with blue, then white, then silver in some areas to keep it challenging. Some bobokins would get harder as well.

There were places though where a silver Lynel would spawn there all along, and your character would have to grow accordingly to win that fight and access that area. Kinda like the Gleeoks (three headed dragons) in ToTK. Want to cross the bridge over Lake Hylia? Better be equipped and ready to hang with a fire-laser shooting dragon.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The enemies will scale in difficulty as you go. Not all enemies though, so if you go to areas from the beginning, they’ll still be weak. But in BoTW, a red Lynel would be replaced with blue, then white, then silver in some areas to keep it challenging. Some bobokins would get harder as well.

There were places though where a silver Lynel would spawn there all along, and your character would have to grow accordingly to win that fight and access that area. Kinda like the Gleeoks (three headed dragons) in ToTK. Want to cross the bridge over Lake Hylia? Better be equipped and ready to hang with a fire-laser shooting dragon.
View Quote

Thanks. That makes sense. Haven’t challenged any of the Gleeoks yet. Working on some shrines for hearts and stamina right now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks. That makes sense. Haven’t challenged any of the Gleeoks yet. Working on some shrines for hearts and stamina right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took on the Fire Gleeok on the bridge over Lake Hylia with half my hearts restored, two full stamina wheels, a full set of soldier armor upgraded to two stars, a bunch of elixirs, the avatars of Sidon and Tulin and I got wrecked lol. I stayed in the fight for quite awhile though. I just wasn’t dealing enough damage. I jumped into the lake and swam under the bridge to lick my wounds.

Need to build up some more.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I took on the Fire Gleeok on the bridge over Lake Hylia with half my hearts restored, two full stamina wheels, a full set of soldier armor upgraded to two stars, a bunch of elixirs, the avatars of Sidon and Tulin and I got wrecked lol. I stayed in the fight for quite awhile though. I just wasn’t dealing enough damage. I jumped into the lake and swam under the bridge to lick my wounds.

Need to build up some more.
View Quote

Dang. Sounds like you were better equipped than I am now so I’ll keep holding off on fighting them
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I don’t know why I laugh so damn hard when I punt or launch a korok. Poor little korok.

Hold on little buddy, you’re going for a ride!

What happens if you lose him?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#33]
After multiple sessions of doing nothing but practicing combat on Lynels, I'm now only limited by my inventory of bows & shields.

I got pretty good at parrying, stunning with a bow shot, then mounting. Fighting them is a joke now but its hard on my shields and bows. Luckily you don't lose durability while doing the mounted attacks, so I don't have to worry about my sword breaking.

Time to farm more koroks to increase inventories!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
After multiple sessions of doing nothing but practicing combat on Lynels, I'm now only limited by my inventory of bows & shields.

I got pretty good at parrying, stunning with a bow shot, then mounting. Fighting them is a joke now but its hard on my shields and bows. Luckily you don't lose durability while doing the mounted attacks, so I don't have to worry about my sword breaking.

Time to farm more koroks to increase inventories!
View Quote

I cheat using a map. I always gather koroks as I travel. Zeldadungeon.net is what I use. Did the same in BotW

Koroks are vital.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Enemy and found weapons scaling explained:

Basically each enemy you kill has a hidden XP number. More XP = a higher rank of enemy will spawn (except in some enemy rank preset areas). Same for the weapons you will find (except in some preset areas).

For example: Base Bokoblins give 10 XP, Silver Lynels give 80 XP, temple bosses give 300 XP, and the final boss of the game gives 800 XP.

You can scale up the enemies and weapons without completing any of the story, but it will just take longer.

How BotW's Secret XP System of Influences Tears of the Kingdom

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#36]
My daughter switched out ToTK to play Mario Kart this morning so I was forced into the new update.

I finished the wind temple last night.  I’ve spent far too much time just exploring and not following the quest line.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Ughhh…. I went to do the second fort assault with Hoz yesterday and got my ass kicked four times. After the fourth time I just walked away from the battle.

I suck at this game, I just run from most encounters because I just get my ass handed to me. I even tried to unlock another tower and got my ass beat. I’m just kind of wandering around trying to find shrines and koroks because I literally can’t do anything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ughhh . I went to do the second fort assault with Hoz yesterday and got my ass kicked four times. After the fourth time I just walked away from the battle.

I suck at this game, I just run from most encounters because I just get my ass handed to me. I even tried to unlock another tower and got my ass beat. I'm just kind of wandering around trying to find shrines and koroks because I literally can't do anything.
View Quote
Take advantage of materials and Zonite builds. I like to Muddle Bud the biggest enemy so they all fight eachother, then I'll toss in a Puffshroom so they all just stand around in the fog. Then I can simply run up behind them and activate a sneakstrike. Another fun one is fusing bomb/explosive barrels to spears. You can save a couple in your weapon inventory and chuck them when needed.

There's a lot of cool designs floating around on Reddit (I like r/hyruleengineering) like this simple cruise missile for example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleEngineering/comments/13wcnmw/cheaper_smaller_cruise_missile_design_based_on/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Pd7vbGJvYnCy3vjZ3XG_wCdrDW0=/1400x1400/filters:format(png)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/24655381/TOTK_Gloom_Hands.png

This fucking thing is creepy as fuck!  

I've tried to get the shrine in the wetlands by the stable three times but this fucking thing is always skulking around it. It's never caught me or killed me but it's frickin' creepy. Just the way it moves freaks me out,
View Quote

I finally decided to fight one instead of running. Used a lot of fire to burn all the heads at once then once down it spawns a new form for part 2 of the fight. Parry and dodge were important for the second phase. It dropped very unique and powerful weapons.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ughhh…. I went to do the second fort assault with Hoz yesterday and got my ass kicked four times. After the fourth time I just walked away from the battle.

I suck at this game, I just run from most encounters because I just get my ass handed to me. I even tried to unlock another tower and got my ass beat. I’m just kind of wandering around trying to find shrines and koroks because I literally can’t do anything.
View Quote

Which tower did you try to unlock?

There's one where I finally realized I don't have to fight all the enemies.  I puffshroomed them and ran through the fog to activate the tower while they were standing around.

That battle you're referencing I bombflowered 3 of the groups which took out the minor enemies.  Then I muddled 2 of the bigger guys to let them fight and cleaned up what was left.

I rarely used my bow in BoTW but it's easily my primary weapon in this game.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#41]
well I sold my switch several years ago but I stopped and bought a new one Monday along with the game.

Only been able to play for about an hour or so the past couple evenings. Finally done with the shrines in the sky islands and stuff and im about to bail out of there in to the world.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]
So there's a fascinating mechanic in the game that's semi-related to the video I posted above about the XP system: "prestige" (not decayed) weapons.

Essentially, those spirit soldier NPC's who hand you weapons in the depths give you prestige versions of weapons. First you have to find the decayed version in the game and break it. Then it enters the pool of the possible weapons they'll give you.

Only catch is that the pool is tied into the XP system, so you won't get prestige versions of the better weapons until you progress more and kill more enemies.

How to Find the BEST Pristine Weapons in The Depths of Tears of the Kingdom

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#43]
He can be a little rough if you don't know the reviewer's "shtick"
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Zero Punctuation)
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There's one where I finally realized I don't have to fight all the enemies.  I puffshroomed them and ran through the fog to activate the tower while they were standing around.

That battle you're referencing I bombflowered 3 of the groups which took out the minor enemies.  Then I muddled 2 of the bigger guys to let them fight and cleaned up what was left.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember the name of it. It was on top of rock and had spikes around it. There was a staircase with platforms leading up to it and a big monster on one of the platforms. What ruined it for me is I was making good progress and was nearly inside the little fortress and a blood moon occurred and the big guy respawned right behind me and one shot killed me. I was already low on health, was running out of food.

The second battle with Hoz was the one at the fort with the big monster and a lot of little ones. I did that thing four times and gave up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't remember the name of it. It was on top of rock and had spikes around it. There was a staircase with platforms leading up to it and a big monster on one of the platforms. What ruined it for me is I was making good progress and was nearly inside the little fortress and a blood moon occurred and the big guy respawned right behind me and one shot killed me. I was already low on health, was running out of food.

The second battle with Hoz was the one at the fort with the big monster and a lot of little ones. I did that thing four times and gave up.
View Quote

The game has a way of saying “you shouldn’t be here”

Same with guardians and Lionel’s in botw. After a time. I would hunt them out just to destroy them and loot their shit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same with guardians and Lionel’s in botw. After a time. I would hunt them out just to destroy them and loot their shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but the mission with Hoz is an early game mission. I'm still doing early game stuff.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah, but the mission with Hoz is an early game mission. I'm still doing early game stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got my second sage. The game is about exploring.

Oh, and launching koroks.

So so satisfying launching those guys. “Ohh!”  “Hold my hand !”

Nope.  Hold on buddy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nope.  Hold on buddy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Hold on buddy.

I can’t remember exactly where, near Eldin, but I launched a Korok with a pair of rockets and he dropped in range of his friend. Like making a hole-in-one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can’t remember exactly where, near Eldin, but I launched a Korok with a pair of rockets and he dropped in range of his friend. Like making a hole-in-one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Hold on buddy.

“Ohh”

Wazaa!  “I need to reach my friend!”  Ooh. Wazaa!  “Hold my hand!”

Hold on little weeble wobble. There is no hand holding. Just air time. You’ll be ok

Quiet now. It will be over quickly. Wazaa!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nope.  Hold on buddy.
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

“Ohh”

Wazaa!  “I need to reach my friend!”  Ooh. Wazaa!  “Hold my hand!”

Hold on little weeble wobble. There is no hand holding. Just air time. You’ll be ok

Quiet now. It will be over quickly. Wazaa!
View Quote

I used a rocket to send one across a river. He ended up in the drink floating down stream and I couldn't catch him.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top