Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The Goron fire temple boss keeps kicking my ass.

I manage to get past the halfway point, and even get some links in when he hits the ceiling.  But he inevitably either lands on top of me, or surrounds me with bomb rocks while Yunobo isn't with me and I get blown up.

The real problem is I just hate the busy work of cooking in the game.  So tedious.  BoTW was the same way.  So I end up going at stuff with no food.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Selling cooked prime meat. You should be shooting every animal you see. Head shots help.

I'm running out of arrows lol.
View Quote

Lift crates up and drop them so they break.  Always good for a couple of arrows.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lift crates up and drop them so they break.  Always good for a couple of arrows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Selling cooked prime meat. You should be shooting every animal you see. Head shots help.

I'm running out of arrows lol.

Thanks. Yeah I’m learning that. If I see an enemy camp I always go kick their ass and take their shit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish there was a way to limit the types of items that show up in the quick menu when trying to attach something to an arrow or throw it. Or maybe lock some items to the beginning of the menu.

The sort button helps, but not when you're trying to select something that you don't use often. The amount of stuff I gotta scroll through is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought a switch oled just to play this game and I don't get it....seems heavily overrated  and boring...am I missing something? Do I need to play the previous Zelda?

Btw I just put 100 hours into RE4 Remake.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wish there was a way to limit the types of items that show up in the quick menu when trying to attach something to an arrow or throw it. Or maybe lock some items to the beginning of the menu.

The sort button helps, but not when you're trying to select something that you don't use often. The amount of stuff I gotta scroll through is ridiculous.
View Quote

Agree. Annoying as hell, especially since you’re likely in a big fight.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bought a switch oled just to play this game and I don't get it....seems heavily overrated  and boring...am I missing something? Do I need to play the previous Zelda?

View Quote

Going from re4 remake to this would be jarring.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Knowing the previous title (BoTW) helps with familiarity of many mechanics and introduces some of the characters in ToTK, but isn't necessary.

Have you done any of the "Regional Phenomenon" sections of the main questline?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Making the L and R button scroll whole pages of it would certainly help.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need to fix that shit. I want a fuse arrow to do X

I spend 30 seconds scrolling to find it. Now I want a fuse arrow to do Y. 30 seconds of scrolling. When I’m fucking fighting.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Why didn't anyone tell me that you could be struck by lightning? Here I am on my way to Hyrule Castle and one of those stupid little Kobrok guys need help and I'm trying to build him a rocket to cross the river when lighting strikes somewhere behind me. Next thing I know I've got little sparks coming off of me and then all of a sudden I explode.

Three fucking times I exploded while trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Then on one of the loading screens I read that during lightning storms to take anything metal off.

I also caught my first horse by the castle.

Can your horse die? I only ask because right after registering him at the stable I ran him off a cliff into the river.just curious to know if I need to worry about getting into fights while riding my horse.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why didn't anyone tell me that you could be struck by lightning? Here I am on my way to Hyrule Castle and one of those stupid little Kobrok guys need help and I'm trying to build him a rocket to cross the river when lighting strikes somewhere behind me. Next thing I know I've got little sparks coming off of me and then all of a sudden I explode.

Three fucking times I exploded while trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Then on one of the loading screens I read that during lightning storms to take anything metal off.

Can your horse die? I only ask because right after registering him at the stable I ran him off a cliff into the river.just curious to know if I need to worry about getting into fights while riding my horse.
View Quote

I haven't had one die in totk but in botw they could. You could revive them at the horse god's spring.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a storm your gear will show you what attracts lightning. Equip yourself without lightning bolts on your gear.

Yes your horse can die. Pick him up at a stable if registered. But he gets pissed.

Pro tip. Feed your horse apples. Oh, and give meat to dogs around stables.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I haven't had one die in totk but in botw they could. You could revive them at the horse god's spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I killed my horse, he was stuck and I couldn’t get him out. So I rode his ass into a cave pool. 1000 foot drop into a cave  

He struggled, tried to swim. Sorry buddy. He was there waiting for me at stable. He wasn’t happy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Easiest Duplication Glitch Tears Of The Kingdom

Get INFINITE Bubbul Gems Easily in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In a storm your gear will show you what attracts lightning. Equip yourself without lightning bolts on your gear.

Yes your horse can die. Pick him up at a stable if registered. But he gets pissed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering if he could be fed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm trying to get the paraglider so I can do this before it's patched out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I kinda hope they leave it in.

Farming/grinding is bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a rubber armor you can get that is supposed to help
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely.  Pointless busy work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I killed my horse, he was stuck and I couldn’t get him out. So I rode his ass into a cave pool. 1000 foot drop into a cave  

He struggled, tried to swim. Sorry buddy. He was there waiting for me at stable. He wasn’t happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s why every horse is just named Artax with a number.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Another perk of having played BOTW first…
Already knew that lightning is a real thing in the game
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#24]
FYI for those looking for golden apples (they increase critical cook chance and duration of buffs) there is a small sky island directly south of the Hyrule Field tower. Pop your paraglider asap and head almost sue south. Should be 3 apple trees on the island. Each had a good apple for me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just tried the item duplication and it does not work. Tries it about 20 times using various items and nothing duplicated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just tried the item duplication and it does not work. Tries it about 20 times using various items and nothing duplicated.
View Quote

It worked for me on everything I tried duplicating. You have to hit Y/B at the exact same time and hold them for about half a second or else you just drop and pick up the original items.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It worked for me on everything I tried duplicating. You have to hit Y/B at the exact same time and hold them for about half a second or else you just drop and pick up the original items.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I’m just retarded because I cannot get it to work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm just retarded because I cannot get it to work.
View Quote
Jump off a small ledge, paraglide, and enter the menu (press +).

Hold 5 of whatever material you want to duplicate.

Press B & Y at the same time. Doing so will exit the menu and drop the materials you're holding in addition to the materials duplicating and staying in your inventory.

At this point I'll hit + again while still in the air, hold 5 more items, and hit B & Y again. I'll go back and do this repeatedly 4 times before picking up the items.

The items on the floor start disappearing once there's more than like 21 of them, so you gotta pick everything up once in a while then start again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Press B & Y at the same time. Doing so will exit the menu and drop the materials you're holding in addition to the materials duplicating and staying in your inventory.

At this point I'll hit + again while still in the air, hold 5 more items, and hit B & Y again. I'll go back and do this repeatedly 4 times before picking up the items.

The items on the floor start disappearing once there's more than like 21 of them, so you gotta pick everything up once in a while then start again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm just retarded because I cannot get it to work.

Yeah, when I do this everything just closes, whatever I was holding ends up on the ground then I land and nothing gets duplicated.

I’m also using the Joycons and not a controller so maybe it’s because the buttons are spaced weird and the controller is tiny that I’m having issues with it.

If I had thought about it I could have transferred my save to my Lite and tried it on there.

Also…now that I’m looking at it, on my game to open the paraglider is “X” so I’m pushing “X” and “+”. What is “B” & “Y”?

I really am retarded.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, when I do this everything just closes, whatever I was holding ends up on the ground then I land and nothing gets duplicated.

I’m also using the Joycons and not a controller so maybe it’s because the buttons are spaced weird and the controller is tiny that I’m having issues with it.

If I had thought about it I could have transferred my save to my Lite and tried it on there.

Also…now that I’m looking at it, on my game to open the paraglider is “X” so I’m pushing “X” and “+”. What is “B” & “Y”?

I really am retarded.
View Quote

I find it works better the press both Y and B buttons with both thumbs I also hit Y a fraction of a second before B

"B" and "Y" are the buttons on the controller
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Haha yup. "B & Y" are the buttons labeled "B" and "Y" on the controller

When the menu is open and you're holding items, the Y button is the "sort" button, and the B button is the "return to game" button. Here's the entire sequence again in a nutshell:

1. Jump off a small ledge, wall, box, whatever with a little bit of height so you can paraglide.
  2. Press jump again to paraglide.
  3. Open the item menu
  4. Hold 5 (or less) pieces of an item you want to duplicate
  5. Press B and Y simultaneously.
  6. (Optional while still in the air, otherwise skip to the next step) Repeat steps 3-5 a maximum of 5 times.
  7. Pickup the items.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When the menu is open and you're holding items, the Y button is the "sort" button, and the B button is the "return to game" button. Here's the entire sequence again in a nutshell:

1. Jump off a small ledge, wall, box, whatever with a little bit of height so you can paraglide.
  3. Open the item menu
  6. (Optional while still in the air, otherwise skip to the next step) Repeat steps 3-5 a maximum of 5 times.
  7. Pickup the items.
View Quote

Ok I’ll try this again when I get home from work. I’m kind of dumb and May have been doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Not sure if I want to use the duplication glitch. But man it would really come in handy. Link starts out so so weak.

Found my first dragon yesterday. He kicked my ass in 1 shot. Dead. Run away!

Also saw a Lionel. Run away!  I’m not supposed to be here yet was a clear message.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not sure if I want to use the duplication glitch. But man it would really come in handy. Link starts out so so weak.

Found my first dragon yesterday. He kicked my ass in 1 shot. Dead. Run away!

Also saw a Lionel. Run away!  I’m not supposed to be here yet was a clear message.
View Quote

I was trying to get into the castle yesterday to light those two fires and get the decent weapons and couldn’t get in where the guard is. So I climb up the back side of it and went in that way and all of the monsters in there were one shorting me. I noped right out of there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I was trying to get into the castle yesterday to light those two fires and get the decent weapons and couldn’t get in where the guard is. So I climb up the back side of it and went in that way and all of the monsters in there were one shorting me. I noped right out of there.
View Quote

If you glide in from the sky islands you can get the Royal guard armor and a couple really good weapons without seeing an enemy. Might need some stamina food/potion to make the flight though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#37]
It has been tough going from BotW recently being a badass and taking down white Lynel's with relative ease. Now weak ass Bokoblins are are fucking nuisance.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#38]
FYI when you get into the groom/abyss (it autocorrected to government building ) pick as many muddle buds as you can. Life is so much easier if you fuse them to arrows and lob them into groups of enemies, who kill each other for you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
FYI when you get into the groom/abyss (it autocorrected to government building ) pick as many muddle buds as you can. Life is so much easier if you fuse them to arrows and lob them into groups of enemies, who kill each other for you.
View Quote

It’s hilarious watching the big ones chest kick and punting the small ones around.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Puffshrooms are a great addition too.

Send one at your enemies and they just sit there motionless with a question mark over their head for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#41]
For hilarity, fuse any mushroom to any spear or long stick. Almost no damage but it’ll punt enemies 25-50 yards.

Still no luck sending a korok to space yet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I can’t seem to do the duplication thing. He drops the items but inventory doesn’t go up when I collect.

Also there’s a zonai device duplication glitch, incredibly easy.

FASTEST, EASIEST, & SAFEST Duplication Glitch (V1.0 - V1.1.1 ONLY) in Tears of the Kingdom
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I got the dupe trick to work. That’s major cheating. I’m so damn torn on if I want to use it.

I know it’s there, so I’m not going to use it…unless I really really need to. It’s fucking tempting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

3. Open the item menu
  7. Pickup the items.
View Quote

SWEET! I got it to work. Thanks for clarifying that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I got the dupe trick to work. That's major cheating. I'm so damn torn on if I want to use it.

I know it's there, so I'm not going to use it unless I really really need to. It's fucking tempting.
View Quote
I think it's fair to at least use the dupe trick on the dragon scales/fangs/talons etc.

Those drops are literally time-gated to only drop one every 10 minutes, lame! To farm them you would just stand on a dragon and click a button every 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think it's fair to at least use the dupe trick on the dragon scales/fangs/talons etc.

Those drops are literally time-gated to only drop one every 10 minutes, lame! To farm them you would just stand on a dragon and click a button every 10 minutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got the dupe trick to work. That's major cheating. I'm so damn torn on if I want to use it.

I know it's there, so I'm not going to use it unless I really really need to. It's fucking tempting.

I used it to dupe a metric ton of rubies which I sold for a lot of Rupees.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#47]
From Reddit

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Here's the set I currently like rocking when exploring. I wish I could save it as a cosmetic set while wearing other gear for its abilities

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Metal gear rex...

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#50]

This fucking thing is creepy as fuck!  

I've tried to get the shrine in the wetlands by the stable three times but this fucking thing is always skulking around it. It's never caught me or killed me but it's frickin' creepy. Just the way it moves freaks me out,
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top