Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This isn't a war game.
View Quote
It's a giant penis building game.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s absolutely insane how vast the Depths are.

I spent like 8-10 hours down there and barely knocked a dent in it.

Was nice to amass a stockpile of bomb flowers though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It’s absolutely insane how vast the Depths are.

I spent like 8-10 hours down there and barely knocked a dent in it.

Was nice to amass a stockpile of bomb flowers though.
View Quote

I finally decided to venture into the Depths for the first time today. I am blown away. Bit overwhelming to be honest. Might be easy to forget all about the Surface.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't even bothered with the depths at all yet

After finishing the Wind Temple, which was super fun btw, I've just been practicing combat on a Lynel repeatedly. Trying to perfect parrying.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll eventually play it, but after the mega disappointment BOTW was I'm not hoping for much. I know I'm in the vast minority of people who didn't love BOTW, but as much as I went in super excited for a new Zelda game I found almost nothing about it enjoyable. I really wish I "got it" and could enjoy it, but I just can't.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI after you do the first of the 4 ‘weird events’ or whatever quest from Purah, the Royal escape tunnel in the bunker opens. You can get into the castle basement and get the Royal guard armor without huge difficulty.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the weapon degradation still a mechanic? One of things I really hate about BotW.

Edit: Yep, still a thing, oh well
View Quote
Yeah, that turned me off immediately. Weapons as a limited resource is mind boggling stupid in an RPG/Adventure game.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, that turned me off immediately. Weapons as a limited resource is mind boggling stupid in an RPG/Adventure game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the weapon degradation still a mechanic? One of things I really hate about BotW.

Edit: Yep, still a thing, oh well

Fuse stuff to the weapons, you increase durability and get some crazy effects. Just don’t do a bomb flower unless you want to be a suicide bomber.

Some of the previous ‘fixable’ weapons are back, I’m just not sure what yet as I’m barely into the campaign.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fuse stuff to the weapons, you increase durability and get some crazy effects. Just don’t do a bomb flower unless you want to be a suicide bomber.

Some of the previous ‘fixable’ weapons are back, I’m just not sure what yet as I’m barely into the campaign.
View Quote

Bomb flower on a shield is fun…rocket on a shield to get into the air easy

I like running a ruby on my shield..enemies catch fire when they hit it and it keeps you warm in the cold
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FYI after you do the first of the 4 ‘weird events’ or whatever quest from Purah, the Royal escape tunnel in the bunker opens. You can get into the castle basement and get the Royal guard armor without huge difficulty.
View Quote

There went all of my bombs
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you using the..uhm…”battering ram” approach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SNcR5qobuo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m absolute trash at using the new mechanics.

But, I’ve beat three Hinoxes while I’m still at 4 hearts.

Shoot it in the eye, hack a few times, run away, backpedal and eye shot, hack a few times, wash, rinse, and repeat.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Uh… yes.

How To Build A Dropship Drone In Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:43:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Holy shit, pulling the master sword in this game was the coolest segment of any Zelda game.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shoot it in the eye, hack a few times, run away, backpedal and eye shot, hack a few times, wash, rinse, and repeat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m absolute trash at using the new mechanics.

But, I’ve beat three Hinoxes while I’m still at 4 hearts.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Haven't needed any guides for the past 20 shrines or so. I guess once you get used to the new mechanics they're not bad. Pretty sure I'm completing many of them not in the intended way though lol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Haven't needed any guides for the past 20 shrines or so. I guess once you get used to the new mechanics they're not bad. Pretty sure I'm completing many of them not in the intended way though lol.
View Quote

Wife and I are playing our own games. Most shrines we’re doing differently. We don’t tell each other how to do it, just watch how the other completes it. It’s wild. There’s no “right” way.

Possibilities is this game are endless.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife is playing BotW. Does EVERY weapon degrade? Even things like the Master Sword?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife is playing BotW. Does EVERY weapon degrade? Even things like the Master Sword?
View Quote

That part drives me nuts. The Master Sword doesn’t break, it just times out for a while.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally spent some time in the depths. Pretty unique feeling exploring in the dark. Did the quests for the camera, auto-build, then mined a bit to upgrade my batteries.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m gonna say it.

The fire temple was the most dogshit experience I’ve ever had in a Zelda game. Not only did the temple itself feel incomplete, but the inability of the switch to handle the graphics made it insufferable. Just terrible.

Also Yunobo is annoying as shit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I’m gonna say it.

The fire temple was the most dogshit experience I’ve ever had in a Zelda game. Not only did the temple itself feel incomplete, but the inability of the switch to handle the graphics made it insufferable. Just terrible.

View Quote

How dare you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally made it to Hyrule. I think I spent way too much time in the sky place and I'm almost positive I didn't explore everything up there. I completely skipped most of the snowy section because it was cold. I'm going to have to go back there if I can.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, but the master sword repairs itself in a few minutes.

The weapon damage never bothered me in these games. There are weapons everywhere and every enemy drops at least one. As you get further along, weapons are plenty strong enough and last a while.

To me, it logically makes sense that rusty old weapons and tree branches wear out faster than higher end weapons so I can see why the weapon damage was included in the game.

As for TotK, so far it lives up to the hype and has been a great game. BotW is probably my favorite game of all time and this one is on par with it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The weapon damage never bothered me in these games. There are weapons everywhere and every enemy drops at least one. As you get further along, weapons are plenty strong enough and last a while.

To me, it logically makes sense that rusty old weapons and tree branches wear out faster than higher end weapons so I can see why the weapon damage was included in the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even in BoW I never had a problem keeping weapons. I was always full. This one even more so.

That’s why I told you guys to hunt for koroks at all times. See something out of place?  A rock formation with one rock missing? A flower?  A pinwheel?  Shit you can blow up in the middle of nowhere?  That’s a korok.

Every weapon you have should be fused.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#25]
So, now that I'm in Hyrule what's the easiest way to make some money?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Selling cooked prime meat. You should be shooting every animal you see. Head shots help.

I’m running out of arrows lol.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Selling cooked prime meat. You should be shooting every animal you see. Head shots help.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do shoot every animal I see. Including chickens but they appear to be invulnerable.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I do shoot every animal I see. Including chickens but they appear to be invulnerable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep shooting
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How dare you.
View Quote

After that temple I agree that I never need to hear yunoboo say "why'd you do it?" ever again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#30]
It’s pretty good so far, runs like shit. The game is really held back by the switch.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m gonna say it.

View Quote

It's definitely not the most dogshit of any zelda- some of the wolf link sections of TP, constant redirecting winds and empty ocean in WW, tons of tedium in SS- but it was the worst part of TotK so far. It felt like it got a lot less development than the other temples, but honestly reaching the temples is more work than the temples, and that seems fine.

Yunobo is indeed shit but he is also essentially infinite bombs
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I found the Master Sword by accident. I can't pull it out though
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't a war game.
It's a giant penis building game.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_8537_jpeg-2822001.JPG

Attach it to a motor for a flaming helicopter?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I finally decided to venture into the Depths for the first time today. I am blown away. Bit overwhelming to be honest. Might be easy to forget all about the Surface.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta have two full stamina circles. Temp stamina doesn’t count.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pick up everything. Break every rock and sell the minerals, sell monster parts, sell plants and items you pick up.

Once you get some warp points open and find some good spots for minerals and dragons, focus on hitting those every day or two of game time.

You could make a big loop around the map in BOTW to collect minerals and dragon parts and rack up about 10k rupees every lap. They would respawn by the time you finished to start over.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pick up everything. Break every rock and sell the minerals, sell monster parts, sell plants and items you pick up.

Once you get some warp points open and find some good spots for minerals and dragons, focus on hitting those every day or two of game time.

You could make a big loop around the map in BOTW to collect minerals and dragon parts and rack up about 10k rupees every lap. They would respawn by the time you finished to start over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Farming Talus and Battle Talus yields valuable minerals.

BTW, Battle Talus are awesome and I was completely surprised when I stumbled onto my first.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh my god, I feel like the stupidest piece of shit ever.

Just finished the Spirit Temple.

Was wondering why I was having issues with certain segments.

I guess I completely missed the mechanic about using crystallized charges to upgrade your energy well(battery).

I’m pretty far along in the game and have just been creeping along with a single battery, which is doable, but definitely inhibiting. Don’t make the same mistake I did. I’ve also wasted a shit ton of batteries.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Someone did the research of weapon fusion durability.

Basically most weapons will last for an extra 25 hits if they're fused to something.

Most of the main weapons, if fused, will last for 35 hits total. There are however some weaker weapons that will only last for a few hits even if fused, like tree branches and stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tearsofthekingdom/comments/13o02eg/how_fuse_durability_actually_works/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Legend Of Zelda: Jeremy Dies
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Someone did the research of weapon fusion durability.

Basically most weapons will last for an extra 25 hits if they're fused to something.

Most of the main weapons, if fused, will last for 35 hits total. There are however some weaker weapons that will only last for a few hits even if fused, like tree branches and stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tearsofthekingdom/comments/13o02eg/how_fuse_durability_actually_works/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

View Quote

Fusing weapons and arrows is one the main part of the game. A weapon not fused is kinda worthless. Same with shields.

Least that’s what I’m figuring out.  That’s why you can sort materials by fuse power.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was watching a video about the Master Sword today. Evidently you need at minimum two stamina circles to successfully pull it out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Fire Temple complete. It was definitely more difficult than the Water Temple and I had to lookup some puzzle solutions. I never want to see a minecart ever again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I was watching a video about the Master Sword today. Evidently you need at minimum two stamina circles to successfully pull it out.
View Quote

I got lucky, when I stumbled upon it had no idea how much stamina was needed so just rolled the dice.

The not knowing whether or not it was going to work really made the whole scene that much more fulfilling.

Quoted:
Fire Temple complete. It was definitely more difficult than the Water Temple and I had to lookup some puzzle solutions. I never want to see a minecart ever again.
View Quote

It just seemed to me that a lot of the mechanics of it were less polished, plus my switch was dropping frames like crazy.

There’s a certain intuition most Zelda puzzles carry, with their own logic, and it just seems that one fell way outside of the norm. It made me even more mad because the setup of the story for that one was the most interesting.

Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Is this game new to series friendly? Haven't played zelda since nintendo, from some of the vids I have seen it appears to be open sandbox?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is this game new to series friendly? Haven't played zelda since nintendo, from some of the vids I have seen it appears to be open sandbox?
View Quote

Yes, but I'd play breath of the wild first just because it's a stellar game too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but I'd play Breath of the Wild first.

The story goes together and the characters are the same in both.  Plus Breath of the Wild will prime you for Tears of the Kingdom.

You won't waste time playing Breath of the Wild, it is one of the best games ever made.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck yeah. That was a bitch.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top