Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While I don't subscribe to your Libertarian "roo view" I'll say this, the VRP damn sure help cause the storm that hit Virginia, stood out in it, but still wondered how they got wet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

...and the state GOP failed to run a candidate in 23 districts, and Republicans did not turn out to vote in high numbers.

The state GOP bears the most blame, but maybe they would have run candidates if someone was willing to run for office?
View Quote
That’s another issue. What kind of person in this internet day and age is willing to have their life completely torn into, with every flaw (no matter how minor) scrutinized by the leftist media and exposed, no matter how good of a person they may be? The left gives their people a pass on EVERYTHING, while people on our side are ripped up and destroyed for everything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That’s another issue. What kind of person in this internet day and age is willing to have their life completely torn into, with every flaw (no matter how minor) scrutinized by the leftist media and exposed, no matter how good of a person they may be? The left gives their people a pass on EVERYTHING, while people on our side are ripped up and destroyed for everything.
View Quote
via Imgflip Meme Generator" />
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are describing the Never Trumper mentality and the failure to understand basic politics.

“Never Trumper” as a term is not even about Trump. It’s about the political mentality. That’s what the naysayers in this thread are failing to understand.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m talking about the court of public opinion, not the failed multi-tiered justice system we have in DC.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember when everyone on this site called me a piece of shit for not supporting McCain.  And now look at how he is viewed.  Even though I held my nose and voted for him, I hated it.

I also remember when everyone on this site called me a piece of shit for not supporting Romney.  And now look at how he is viewed.  I decided to not hold my nose and didn't vote for him.

Then along comes Trump.  And most of the same people are treating me the same way.  And at this point, they scream it louder.

It's amazing to me that a Republican can tell congress to not repeal Obamacare, and Republicans cheer.  It's amazing to me that a Republican can push gun control, and Republicans cheer.

Being on the ground here in VA and being involved has made me realize that the people do not understand freedom, and that people fear it.  And that the fear lives on both the R and D side of the aisle.  Mix that in with how ridiculously tribal people have become, and you have our country.

For example, in some of the VA gun groups, people called Governor Northam a TYRANT who doesn't care about the safety of children for wanting to get rid of mandatory annual automotive safety inspections.  In this scenario, Republicans immediately pulled out all of the anti-gun tactics.  "Blood will flow in the streets", "HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CHILDREN", posting pictures of cars in poor condition and saying "This will be the future of VA and we're all going to die".

Someone earlier in the thread said that "Never Trumpers only show up in groups".  Let me assure this person, that there's no more lonely person in a political conversation than a person who consistently wants government to be smaller.

Everyone pushing big government for generations is what made VA get swallowed up by DC.  That includes Trump.

And I might actually vote for him this time around because he's actually been more conservative than I thought he would be.  But it was a low bar to begin with.  However, I still think he's a piece of shit and a symptom of all of our failures as a country.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I took a ton of shit for not voting for romney as well. Most are all about the Team,and don't give a shit about principles,which is why we are where we are.
Republicans are more controlled opposition-if they wanted to get rid of State vehicle inspections,and northam didn't,it would be another show.

Not much different considering the difference between Florida Republicans passing gun control,and Virginia dems passing gun control,and the response to them.

Guessing if obama had banned bumpstocks,everyone here would be pissed,and highly doubt so many would just call them stupid range toys. Hell,the Republican Party itself would probably be screaming about Presidential overreach and telling us how they will fight to get them back when they are back in power.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m talking about the court of public opinion, not the failed multi-tiered justice system we have in DC.
View Quote
I know........and I agree COMPLETELY.......so, I created that meme.

Barr wouldn't even try to prosecute McCabe even though EVERYONE knows he lied to the Feds and Congress.

Meanwhile Stone might get 9 years.

So other than a democrat and/or nevertrumper it is clearly not safe for someone to enter politics right now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You are describing the Never Trumper mentality and the failure to understand basic politics.

“Never Trumper” as a term is not even about Trump. It’s about the political mentality. That’s what the naysayers in this thread are failing to understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Kenny fail to understand, or do I fail to understand?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't the whole idea of voting to vote based upon your ideals/principals?

What are you advocating?  Voting based on team, race, party, gender, income, social justice?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does someone become so arrogant that they can piss their vote away because of ideals ...
Isn't the whole idea of voting to vote based upon your ideals/principals?

What are you advocating?  Voting based on team, race, party, gender, income, social justice?
Team first. Principles are further down the line........
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whereas the Trumptard mentality is “I was right about trump therefore I have unparalleled insight into politics despite 2016 being my first rodeo, praise kek.”

It’s like a 17 year old getting drunk on White Claws who proceeds to lecture us about the nuances of Scotch varieties.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#12]
My brother was a Never Trumper and voted third party in the last election.  But this time he says the stakes are too high and Trump has proven himself.

And I have been sending him info. on what is happening in Richmond.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NY is full of these anti gun "conservatives" We have a guy who runs one of the NY 2a groups who supports banning 80% receivers. Bumpstocks/80%/AKs "aren't the hill to die on"  They'll back an 80% lower ban when Trump pushes it and keep up the "sorry your girl lost" song
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calling everyone who can clearly see that trump sucks on guns never trumpers  is no better than the commies calling us all nazis or all whites racist.
It's a pussy move for someone who can't win the argument or face facts.
NY is full of these anti gun "conservatives" We have a guy who runs one of the NY 2a groups who supports banning 80% receivers. Bumpstocks/80%/AKs "aren't the hill to die on"  They'll back an 80% lower ban when Trump pushes it and keep up the "sorry your girl lost" song
Yep.

pataki running as pro gun,then pushing for and signing the state AWB with the help of other Republicans,and goes on to get reelected. And we were supposed to vote for him becuse it was better than we would have gotten under cuomo.

The shit goes on,only the names change.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The NTs who refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils are still affected by the laws that the greater evil will pass when they are elected because the NTs stayed home.

Good job, geniuses!
View Quote
And many of us were affected by the laws the "lesser evil" passed.

Good job genius!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And he sits on the NRA board. The best is looking at archived threads here and seeing "Tom King for NRA Board" sig lines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And he sits on the NRA board. The best is looking at archived threads here and seeing "Tom King for NRA Board" sig lines.
Luckily,he is an "isolated incident",and the only one that has ever been on the board and pushed anti gun shit.................
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good job genius!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The NTs who refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils are still affected by the laws that the greater evil will pass when they are elected because the NTs stayed home.

Good job, geniuses!

Good job genius!
The alternative was?

You children can't have all your cake so you throw the whole cake in the trash. Genius!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The alternative was?

You children can't have all your cake so you throw the whole cake in the trash. Genius!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good job, geniuses!

Good job genius!
The alternative was?

Lol,I have less cake than my Dad did,and he had less cake than his Dad did.

I would prefer to NOT lose anymore cake,and to maybe get a little bit back (which is why I voted for Trump the first time).

Republican infringements are always preferred over democrat infringements,right?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would prefer to NOT lose anymore cake,and to maybe get a little bit back (which is why I voted for Trump the first time).

Republican infringements are always preferred over democrat infringements,right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good job, geniuses!

Good job genius!
The alternative was?

What's your plan?

Sit home while 100 million Americans show up to vote D? Now you get no cake.

Bitch on Arfcom so we all sit home like you? Now the democrats definitely win and you get no cake.

Enjoy Bernie's America.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What's your plan?

Bitch on Arfcom so we all sit home like you? Now the democrats definitely win and you get no cake.

Enjoy Bernie's America.
View Quote
1. The republican plan seems to be to take all the cake slowly. For some reason a solid 50 percent of people who like cake are ok with this.

2. When a democrat tries to take the cake, nearly 100 percent of cake owners unite to fight against it. No explanation is provided for why it's worse when a dim does it, but I will take the unity.

The only point to voting republican was to undo the damage the dims did, including getting some of that cake back. They are uninterested in doing so, so I don't really get the loyalty that is shown to them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Have you considered that perhaps you just don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So to sum up your position. "Never trumpers ruined a state I am not in, so everybody needs to vote, but when we do elect the people I'm telling you to vote for, even if there are several factors that would literally make them unable to win an election in some states, they won't fix any of the problems we voted them in to fix, but you can't criticize them for that or you're a never trumper."

You need to revisit your life.
No. I don’t. You all keep saying “VA is different” yet you all are taking a dem strap on up your ass. None of this shit makes sense if VA truly voted the way you all say. It makes me believe hardly anyone voted. Out of spite.
Have you considered that perhaps you just don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about?
This
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
1. The republican plan seems to be to take all the cake slowly. For some reason a solid 50 percent of people who like cake are ok with this.

2. When a democrat tries to take the cake, nearly 100 percent of cake owners unite to fight against it. No explanation is provided for why it's worse when a dim does it, but I will take the unity.

The only point to voting republican was to undo the damage the dims did, including getting some of that cake back. They are uninterested in doing so, so I don't really get the loyalty that is shown to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your plan?

Enjoy Bernie's America.

What are you doing to support conservative candidates in primaries?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm convinced that most NTs are chronically single incels with no loved ones who just want the world to burn because America won't elect a government that checks all.of Arfcom's boxes.

The rest are ROLCONs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
My state has closed primaries. Not too much I can do since I am not registered with either party.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn, what a circular firing squad this thread has become.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm convinced that most NTs are chronically single incels with no loved ones who just want the world to burn because America won't elect a government that checks all.of Arfcom's boxes.

The rest are ROLCONs.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My state has closed primaries. Not too much I can do since I am not registered with either party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically you do nothing then bitch that America votes in people that you don't like. Exactly what I expected.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The smug mentality and “told ya so” attitude of never Trumpers caused the low GOP voter turnout that has put Virginia in its current state.

GET OUT AND VOTE R OR FACE THE SAME IN YOUR STATE
View Quote
No.  Immigration destroyed VA.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It was a combination of conservative voter apathy, a weak RPV, demographics, redistricting by a leftist fucktard, and DSA commies being bussed in to work on getting out the vote for the Dems.

But, you do you.
View Quote
This and a shitload of money paid to moronic housewives to “organize”.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yup.

The OP has demonstrated that he literally has no idea what actually happened in VA, but just wants to beat his drum.

NeverTrumpers had nothing to do with the election outcome in VA.  They are also not responsible for the nail I got in my tire last month, or for the cold weather today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a combination of conservative voter apathy, a weak RPV, demographics, redistricting by a leftist fucktard, and DSA commies being bussed in to work on getting out the vote for the Dems.

But, you do you.
Yup.

The OP has demonstrated that he literally has no idea what actually happened in VA, but just wants to beat his drum.

NeverTrumpers had nothing to do with the election outcome in VA.  They are also not responsible for the nail I got in my tire last month, or for the cold weather today.
That's not entirely true although their affect was probably minimal. How many fence sitters have NTs convinced to sit home on election day with their non-stop crap bitching since 2016. They are literally doing the work of Democrats.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Dems voted in higher numbers than the Republicans.
I don't blame that on NeverTrumpers.
View Quote
Or they cheated to bigger numbers.

It is getting to the point I have severe doubts on the Democrat vote numbers.   Like playing a board game with a cheating six year old.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yup.

View Quote
How else will he be able to broadcast a smug and condescending attitude?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#39]
It will be funny, sad, but funny when Bernie gives the never Trumpers back their bump stocks but takes away the guns they go on.  I can see them running around with their bump stocks, and no gun, going bang-bang-bnga-bang-bang.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Over 3,500 red flag orders have been enforced. 98% of Judges do not reject them. We have a Republican Senate President wanting to push UBC. DeSantis called the legal ownership of firearms by legal foreign nationals a "loophole". Anyone under the age of 21 is barred from purchasing a long gun for self defense. We haven't passed any bills that expand the 2nd Amendment in close to ten years. I was almost made into a felon because I owned an hunk of plastic at one point. Open Carry is still illegal. We have no Constitutional Carry. We still have to get background checks and having a CCW doesn't skip them because the State does not want to abide by ATF standards that would allow it.

You talk about voting? We have a Republican Supermajority and gun rights are suffering under them. We're lucky if we keep the status quo right now.

You coming to the Capitol to fight for better gun rights? Going to attend a FLBB hike to network? Maybe attend the FLHTF gun rights meeting when it get it going?
View Quote
The Republicans for Gillum signs said it all.
Where were they? Near or just outside where an HOA/Development was going.

What have I advocated?
Changing the states economy from Disney/Tourism, Tropicana, and retirement to manufacturing production and technology.
Seasonal economy lends credibility to free shit promising liberals, and cuckservatives who will sell rights out to appease leftist shit bags with the money to retire/relocate.

The hoops one has to jump through to start a business here is pants on head retarded.
But, on the other hand, that's where the state generates it's revenue from... fees and licensing/permits. Not state income taxes. Yet.

Say I were to put an ammo factory in. The Nimby elitists, and the old money shit bags would join the suburbanite soccer moms in their pearl clutching to keep it from happening.
They'd cite environmental impact and potential risks.
But.
If I wanted to put an HOA in? With enough space between each house you could open windows and shake hands with your neighbor? To attract more shit heels? No problem. No fucks given over the potential firehazard that presents... like I said before. Granny leaves the stove on and starts a fire, the whole block goes with hers.

If I wanted buy ocean front property, to put a ship/boat building operation in, to give a more stable form of employment?
It would get shut down (already has happened).
But, if I put a beach side tiki bar up? No problem.

Floridians are at the mercy of elitist shit bags.
Can't go having stable forms of employment, that actually pay... nooo.... gotta have seasonal forms of employment, low skill low wage remedial gigs...
If you want commies elected to promise free shit at the working folks expense, keep doing what has been done...

Some of my Florida native buddies get butt hurt big time when I point out the pitfalls of the state's economy.
They cant connect the dots that complacency kills. But feign outrage the poors vote for free shit socialists and commies. Or weak republicants that claim to be smaller govt and pro business...
Pro business is subjective at best... don't you dare propose a more permanent form of employment.
You might block someone's view of the ocean. Create noise. Pose some sort of environmental harm...

They'll come up with every lame duck excuse to shit can the idea of a business that provides sustainable more permanent forms of employment.
In my AO if you browse any of the job sites/help wanted sites, tons of minimal wage minimal skill gigs.
There's a need for skilled tradesmen for construction... that's temporary and dependent upon the economy. Most don't pay relative to the volume of work that needs to be done, I'll see a crew of roofers and busted corona bud light miller lite bottles all over a job site and see an inspector and GC arguing because the house failed some phase of construction. Never mind the occasional window down and breeze blowing the Devils lettuce...
Hire contracting service for putting up block walls and Windows and roofs fly trusses and plumbers HVAC installers, drywallers electricians with piece rate/flat rate, quality goes the way side no fucks given. They want to blast the work out as fast as possible and I don't blame them. It's hot as fuck and those fuckers are in there sweating their ass off.

For peanuts. No wonder half or more are shit faced or stoned. No wonder various trades fail inspections.
Someone in an air conditioned office calculated for ideal perfect conditions that don't ever exist beyond theory, and the guys who work for a living aren't making enough relative to the amount of fuckery they encounter daily. Yeah. That would drive me to drink too. That's why I refused to get certified beyond diesels. Just more warranty shit I had to do and you couldn't pay me enough to fuck with a feeble wheel drive shit box. No room vs half an hour and I have the cab up in the air and all the room in the world. Trucks and 50+ hour paychecks it is

I've talked with many different tradesmen doing these dandelion houses. They'll get say. 300-400 per house to do a rough, a couple hundred to do a trim.
10 hour days for 3-4 days. Most aren't being paid for their prep work or doing things that aren't under air... There's a couple electric companies that don't pay for lights going in a patio along the exterior or anything in a garage.
There's plumbing companies that only pay 25 bucks per brazed fixture. Poor bastards have to knock studs out of walls to put showers and tubs in. They don't get paid any extra for that. Or if their in ground rough crew couldn't read a measuring tape and landed a drain or fixture 3-10 feet from a wall/island etc. They have to chip the floor out some get paid extra time for that. Some dont.
Then there's framers who are having to use sheet metal studs. That shit is trash. Shut a door, not same a door. Shut a door to a bedroom or a closet, the whole wall buckles and if you've got pictures hanging on a wall they slam and bang on the wall. All to save the builder $.
Never mind what the HVAC guys go through. Those poor bastards have to be up in an attic where it's 150 degrees running duct work. At the mercy of all of the other trades.
So politically speaking, who would gain those folks votes? Business as usual complacent cuckservatives or a retard liberal promising free shit and high taxes?
Piss enough workers off, they'll cut their nose off to spite their face if they think they're gonna get free something out of the deal...
This point falls upon deaf ears though.
Plus, as soon as that economy waivers, construction ends. That or when all of the vacant scattered lots and vacant plots of land have been turned into false facade mcmansions and plazas/strip malls...

I especially crack up over the whole lake Okeechobee thing...
It could be fixed if either party really wanted to fix it... instead, half ass ideas come to fruition to say, well, you demanded we do something, we did something...

I'll never forget the night I was at the RPOF meeting before the primaries... and they brought the indoor vaping/offshore drilling ban.
All these old timers were thrilled to get the vaping banned because the damn kids make everything smell like cotton candy...
2 charter boat captains were amongst them, that wanted the offshore drilling banned...

So I asked them in honesty. Why would you want to ban a potential stream of income for yourself?
What? No! Reee! Muh oil spillz!
I responded, With risk comes reward... yes, there is a risk of a spill, however, you are reliant upon snowbird season and the occasional group to go out in the summer to fish... You could be bringing crews of rough necks out to drilling operations charging whatever you want per person to the drilling company! You'd be able to upgrade from that center console to a fleet of them possibly even bigger boats!
With that, you'd be able to have your own in house mechanics... hire more with a captains license...

Or continue your current business model of scurry and scramble during snow bird season then budget the remaining 6-8 months out of the year laying off the help you so desperately scrambled to get once November rolled around... that's no different than ski resorts sitting on their thumbs spring-fall up north instead of putting in zip lines and hiking trails or appeal to paragliding adventure/adrenaline junkies. You're throwing money away. Because what might happen... playing it safe via complacent only gets you so far...
Or you just can't help but get the damn kids puffing on douche flutes...

This state has the potential to be an economic powerhouse. Country Club old money types, Nimby elitists, and environazis prevent that from happening.
They'd rather a future for their kids dependent upon taking food and drink orders, mowing lawns, house maintenance/repairs, mind numbing low skill low wage jobs. And there will be cuckservatives selling rights out wholesale to appease more of the shit bags who will want to be catered and appeased, just so they can make a quick buck...

Same shit they did in my former AO. Cuckservatives will screech Why do you hate capitalism!?
I dont. I hate you smug fucks limiting capitalism and new markets coming to be. You hate competition, you hate evolving or expanding avenues of revenue. You'd rather sit in your ivory tower telling the poors to stop being poor, and when one comes along to stop being poor you do your damn best to make it as difficult, as impossible, as discouraging as can be. God forbid you didn't come up with their idea to make money in a new market...

All it took was 1 farmer selling off 100 acres to a developer for a piss ant measly 1 million, that attracted cityiot shit bags to get a slice of heaven on earth. And when they came in droves... it wasn't the local General Contractors electricians plumbers builders that had full time employment. They were shit canned for cousin Tony from dah Bronx and his union lackeys...
And because the cityiots hate noise? We lost riding quads, dirtbikes and snowmobiles on trails that brought us into Vermont Massatwoshitts and Connecticunt.
We lost shooting in our property because, arbitrary ordinance via rezoning everything residential = no more discharging of a firearm within so many feet, then so many yards then so many acres of a residential area...
We lost hunting initially on weekends. Then completely... the lake I lived 20 feet from? Banned waterfowl hunting.
Canadian geese took it over shitting in it for 2 mild winters in a row. Turned a picturesque Bob Ross painting, into a green disgusting algae infested cesspool.

When I speak to Florida natives about how things were done back home, it's not a brag. It's a warning.
Some will listen. Others out of stupidity/ignorance/arrogance will fold their arms and say, that'll never happen here Yankee, this is Florida not NY.

Oh really? Want to bet cash on that? It already has.

You've told me so yourself, how this town back in the 70s-80s, it was normal for folks to shoot off their back porch/patio, ride quads dirtbikes as far as the eye could see... now look at it...

.25 lots with 2k+sqft dandelions popping up, with a starting price of 225k, how many bar tenders, waiters, Walmart 9-5 drones, and retail/customer service employees at 10 12 bucks an hour are going to swing 225k? Didn't think that one through did ya. Know who's buying them? Shit bags from up north who want to tell you how things are done back home. Shit bags that get 200k 300k+ at closing on a dump needing roof/foundation work. Taking their pensions and coming here to live like kings, and use you to serve them. Don't like it? Change your economy. Or dont listen to me and keep doing the same old same old and be left scratching your ass wondering What happened to my Florida?! Don't say I didn't warn you... or try to help prevent that from happening... Those smarmy busy body fucks, commies, socialists, and cuckservatives HATE sustainable permanent types of employment. They lose credibility when everyone's able to put junior in college, take the family on vacation, put a bro dozer in the driveway, have a boat, bike, and toys to play with on the weekend. Can't have a nanny state promising free shit, if there's nobody in dire need of free shit or struggling to get by...

Plazas, strip malls as far as the eye can see. The old cogers that moved in from up north call the cops on the damn kids that still do chance their luck with riding a dirtbike/quad. And you're right there with them citing think of the childrenz and Muh noise pollutionz! But it's okay you blast subwoofers that set car and house alarms off. And it's okay for your boomer cohorts with a hotrod or a new muscle/sports car with a nice exhaust system to go wide open throttle down a residential street.
Consistency isn't your strong suit I see...

Where the sun is bright... the people... not so much...
It does hurt Florida natives feelz. I see what's happening here and it's the exact same shit that happened in my small town in upstate NY. Same exact thing just on a larger scale.

Don't you dare speak out against it.
Don't you dare propose a fix or change.
Don't you dare defy complacency and business as usual.
Don't you even think about pointing significant flaws and lack of consistency.
You'll get, TL/DR and Sorry your gal lost.

Followed by. Why does this keep happening!?

And I'm over here like... you can't be this fucking dumb... nobody is this daft... Oh that's right... if it's more than 3-5 sentences the kindergarten comprehension skills take over...
You've had it happen to you too. Thorough detailed posts. Met by. Herp derp. TL/DR. And shortly there after what happened?
Outrage and someone do something to stop this/prevent this! If only someone could help!
Maybe learn to read and be the change you seek instead of voting for shit heels that promise one thing deliver the opposite because R next to their name... That's too much like getting out of the lazy boy recliner. Fuck that.

Everyone wants to cite environmental issues to cap what businesses may/may not come to be.
Nobody cites environmental issues when it's housing and plazas on every vacant square inch, no caps on new construction, that gets a pass... fuck it if a forest or rural area becomes a concrete false facade where you used to hunt, hang out, hike, use for recreation. That gets a pass.
Put a factory in? During MAGA. With Trump wanting to roll regulations back that hinder manufacturing production and technological advancement? You're fucking crazy! Muh environmentz! Propose another PGA golf course, another HOA? Oh hell yeah go for it! Attract more busybodies that will tell you how things are done back home! Put another amusement park up too while you're at it! Then we can really get the $ to ban guns because, think of the childrenz.

I find that once you hurt someone's tender feelz laughing at their inconsistency, pointing to proof of their demise, coming up with a plan/idea to stop or reverse it... then, and only then, will they listen... it's unfortunate.
Florida doesn't attract many with the same/similar beliefs as I hold.

Florida attracts those in search of a lower cost of living, nightlife, fishing, and entertainment.

All of those industries will work actively to hamper and subjectively reinterpret the 2nd, because those shit bags have had their heads pumped full of anti gun drivel, and grew conditioned to how things are back home.
And if those industries can make more money if it means banning all the things? You better believe they will if it protects their wallets.
So what if a few dozen of their employees become felons arbitrarily overnight with something like the safeact coming to be.
They were only numbers anyways, to a corporate office in Orlando Tampa Jacksonville West Palm Miami Ft Lauderdale... besides...those jobs can easily be filled in a matter of days-weeks...

Just the same as what happened in my former AO. They had themselves to blame hiding behind Muh jobz Muh familyz. I was in town hall arguing with the invading locusts from the boroughs that got elected to town council.
The rest of the folks? Couldn't be bothered. Muh jobz. Muh familyz. Don't argue with leftists! Don't get in the mud and wrestle with pigs, you'll only get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.
Fuck that. You get your ass in that pen and wrestle that screeching fuck until you've got it hog tied and tenderized to be put on the spit for a BBQ.
Okay boy who cries wolf, you don't know what you're talking about, that will never happen! And later? After it all did happen?
Hush boy! Don't you dare rock the boat and make waves! Be thankful/lucky you're allowed what you are allowed! God forbid you piss them off and they go after my shit!
No-"you were right, I fucked up, I should have listened/taken you seriously"
Lots of "How did this happen!? How do we stop things from getting worse!?"

Cuckservatism at its finest. Every feeble worn out excuse to continue being complacent because anything else is too much effort and too much like work.
Don't do any research on the R candidates... just straight ticket vote and reward shit bags and scratch ass after they've been rewarded to help further anti2a agenda or just continue ignoring pro2A causes/concerns...
Don't try and change the towns/cities/counties/states economy...might upset old money shit heels and the pearl clutching environmentalists or the suburbanites and soccer moms...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How would like or dislike for Trump affect a state-level 2019 election in Virginia for local politicians?  Trump was not an issue, nor was he involved, or endorsed any candidates I know of.  I think that’s a huge stretch, and I don’t find it convincing.

If the OP wanted to make a point about GOP voter apathy or complacency, I’d largely agree with him (although that is not the full story).  But his “NeverTrumpers are to blame for local VA election results” argument is silly, and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not entirely true although their affect was probably minimal. How many fence sitters have NTs convinced to sit home on election day with their non-stop crap bitching since 2016. They are literally doing the work of Democrats.
How would like or dislike for Trump affect a state-level 2019 election in Virginia for local politicians?  Trump was not an issue, nor was he involved, or endorsed any candidates I know of.  I think that’s a huge stretch, and I don’t find it convincing.

If the OP wanted to make a point about GOP voter apathy or complacency, I’d largely agree with him (although that is not the full story).  But his “NeverTrumpers are to blame for local VA election results” argument is silly, and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the situation.
Fuck Trump and Fuck the R party seem to go hand in hand. Like I said their affect was probably minimal but the reality is they are aiding the democrats with their actions. So it's safe to say the blue wave probably had a few NTs surfers riding it.

I would not by any means blame VA entirely on NTs though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So will awesome twitter burns come first,or pushing pro gun stuff?
View Quote
Get both simultaneously. I multi-task.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think that apathy on our side came in part from the growing economy Trump helped make happen. On the flip side he fired up the left because of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and other assorted issues. It was a perfect storm of several problems and now we are fucked.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The smug mentality and “told ya so” attitude of never Trumpers caused the low GOP voter turnout that has put Virginia in its current state.

GET OUT AND VOTE R OR FACE THE SAME IN YOUR STATE
View Quote
i don't think the loss of VA had much to do with trump.  the demoncrat plan of changing the demographics of the voting population appears to be a winning strategy.

an influx of people foreign to VA (and to the USA for that matter) will ensure that the dems will win.

your only option will be to divide NOVA from the rest of the state.  but i doubt it will work.  hasn't happened here in the vampire state.

my guess is florida is next to fall.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Because we went out to vote in troves. It was glorious.
View Quote
What’s a ‘trove’? Is that like a group of trolls?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Edited for brevity, goddamn it, man.
View Quote
Was there a point somewhere in that rambling, stream-of-consciousness wall of text? Is it some new copypasta that I haven’t read yet?

I was expecting something in there about the ‘princess of Ngaarrd’ or ‘Fukin brown skinned people’, too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I agree it’s POSSIBLE there might have been a few people like that, but I just don’t think it had any effect on the actual outcomes.

To me, the NeverTrumper - i.e. Republicans who hate Trump - would still have doubled down and wanted to support the “traditional” Republican GOP candidates in VA, not turn around and vote for Dem candidates.

Ironically, the traditional GOP in Virginia - and their complacency and laziness - is a big part of the reason VA swung blue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Trump and Fuck the R party seem to go hand in hand. Like I said their affect was probably minimal but the reality is they are aiding the democrats with their actions. So it's safe to say the blue wave probably had a few NTs surfers riding it.

I would not by any means blame VA entirely on NTs though.
I agree it’s POSSIBLE there might have been a few people like that, but I just don’t think it had any effect on the actual outcomes.

To me, the NeverTrumper - i.e. Republicans who hate Trump - would still have doubled down and wanted to support the “traditional” Republican GOP candidates in VA, not turn around and vote for Dem candidates.

Ironically, the traditional GOP in Virginia - and their complacency and laziness - is a big part of the reason VA swung blue.
So we agree but don't see eye on to eye on the size of the damage that NTs do. That's fine.

Some, yes. Judging by this thread many would also stay home. Just scroll through this thread and look how many refuse to vote because in their little heads they think their stand is doing something.

Truth. NY is the same way. If every gun owner voted against Cuomo he'd be gone but they stayed home. Sad.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top